Space Rogues {Open PM if interested}

Jesi

Jesi puts her hands up and with widened eyes and says, "Hold on ...hold on Sweet Cheeks...if you know what's good for you and your crew you will point that toy somewhere else....and I mean NOW!" She glanced at Peg and adds, " Hey Blue Girl....you gonna tell him or do I have to?"

Everyone in the room is silent as they look from Jesi to Peg and back again.
 
Last edited:
At this stage D'an decided that showing up was a good idea, he heard the demand from his brother and the reply from what he guessed to be their second stow-away. His hand rested on the but of his pistol, of course it was useless as he had used the power cell, but he bet that she didn't know that,

"You're not a Rover so frankly we don't care who you are. You are on our ship though, that makes you a trespasser, under Rover law that is punishable by death, threats made to us on our ship which is basically our home is punishable by death."

He grinned,

"You're not in Kansas Dorothy, better drop the attitude and start talkin'"
 
She should be sleeping, but she couldn't just let her friends continue fighting without her, so she slowly stood, and mqde her way to the door, wincing as she walked, her fingers deftly removing the collar. Why pretend anymore when the person who needed to believe it was lying in what she assumed was a bloody heap. Emotions were high, pain anger, panic, surprise, and desperation were the more prevalent ones. She could practically taste them.

Grabbing one of her curved dancing blades, she slowly and quietly made her way to the airlock. Hearing the girl Jessi, she snorted softly and crossed her arms heedless if the blood around her. She glanced over at D'an then looked at Jessi, speaking up from behind. "You lie. And what's more, I can practically taste your desperation. Had you the power to back up your claim, I would know." She tilted her head.
 
Last edited:
Peg

Peg looked out the airlock and shook her head. Organics were so messy! She would need to clean the airlock up again. At least their internal fluids were not toxic. Then Peg looked at D’om … the blood of Rafu had sprayed across his face. He really looked upset as he pointed the laser blaster at Jessi.

D’an had his hand on his laser as well … and then Lya showed up stating “You lie. And what's more, I can practically taste your desperation. Had you the power to back up your claim, I would know." This whole situation was a bit too tense. Peg decided she needed to do something to lighten the mood.

Peg bent down and picked up the severed hand of Rafu.

“D’om … I have to “hand” it to you … I really think Rafu won the exploding head contest “hands-down” …I mean … Rafu won even though he was really “short-handed” …

Everyone in the gallery leered at Peg … trying to make her stop the silly puns. She got the message “I guess you don’t like my “off-hand” comments.” She slipped in one last pun. There were groans in the gallery.

“I think I can explain everything …” Peg said with new seriousness. “But first a status update. I have recovered Kilbot #1 and it is ready, D’om, for you to reprogram in the engineering bay. I have resumed traveling at warp speed. Arrival at Ero 9 is in approximately 10 hours.”

Peg looked at all the faces in the gallery and then stated “Jessi grew up on the streets …and is presently on the run from the 7 planet authorities. There is also a chance she is an undercover officer in the IPF. I have run her badge through my databases and found the badge number in the undercover officer data file … but it expired 8 months ago.” Peg stated

Peg reached into her side compartment and pulled out a handkerchief. She walked over to D’om and said to him “You have talked about recruiting … looking for new blood ...” She said as she wiped Rafu’s blood off D’om’s face. “Not this kind of blood …” Peg said looking down at the handkerchief “This is bad blood … I have cleaned up the bad blood … Jessi is an independent … like us … like a rover … she just does not have a ship. I think I understand her … I hope you can give her a chance” Peg said. Then added “I hope I cleaned up the bad blood between you two” Peg said as D’om face was now clean … and Peg hoped D’om also understood the blood metaphor she was using.

As Peg got ready to put the handkerchief away, D’om grabbed it from her. Placing it against the AI’s blue face … Wiping the green noodle sauce off Peg’s face … He saw where Rafu had slammed the laser blaster into Peg’s face. Her synthetic skin had a red contusion. “The damage can be repaired” Peg said

D'om said nothing back ... at least not right away ... but in his eyes Peg thought she saw a "not always" look ... followed by a "some damage is too great" look.
 
Lya just looked at everyone, feeling her task complete. She was tired, and she swayed lightly, her tone light. "If no one else needs me, I'm going to get some much needed sleep. Being tortured by a sadistic skizzhead takes a lot out of a girl, and my body is begging for some time to heal. I think I can find my bed on my own this time," she said giving a small grin to D'an. Though she wouldn't mind sharing his bed again. She had felt safe with him beside her.

Giving a salute to the others she made her way slowly to her room
 
As D'om listened to Pegs details he realized she made several good points, Jessi hadn't done herself any favors trying to con Rovers. D'an backing him up by quoting Rover law, would at least make her see the jig was up. Lya found the strength to do her thing proving Jessi's a liar, and Peg's assumption the look in the eyes of D'om as unforgiving.

It was an actual a look of pain, the thought of losing her tore him up inside. Holstering his blaster as he cups Peg's cheek, leaning in to tenderly kiss her full soft lips. ''You're usually right Peg'' Putting his arm around her shoulder's, he looks into everyone's eyes. ''We vote on whether Jessi stays or spaced.'' Walking over to the table to seat himself alongside Peg.

The janitorial Bot takes Rafu's hand from Peg and takes care of the bloody mess. ''Now that all the excitement over for the moment...I don't know about ya'll but I'm hungry. So... why don't we just sit down, relax, and eat this delicious dinner Lya's prepared OK?'' That said D'om serves himself up a big bowl, digging into the noodles with a Rovers gusto.

He didn't what the hell was going to go sideways next, it would be dealt with whenever it happened. But for now another disaster had been adverted, thanks to the quick thinking of the crew. Pouring everyone a cup of saki D'om lifts his in toast. ''To new adventures ya'll.'' With a grin as everyone their clinked cups, they drank to new adventures aboard the Pegasus.
 
Kay stood by as everyone else talked, and she even allowed D'om and D'an to space Rafu without complaint. After all, she had claimed enough bounties to survive the entire year without trying for another. However, and she stopped the janitorial robot as it scurried off with Rafu's hand, she took the severed limb and began collecting his fluffy tail and somewhat intact set of ears. It might prove enough for the bounty, or at least a part payment. Perhaps Peg could copy her his 'execution' to really add to the evidence needed. He didn't have to be alive, after all.

"They do smell rather good," she said, sniffing the air before taking a seat. The rabbit parts hidden away from sight as to not discourage the others appetites.

Slurping up some of the broth, the bowl raised with two hands, she could tell it wasn't synthesized. You could always tell. This had that homemade feel, and she nodded her head in appreciation for the effort. Making noodles from scratch was difficult for anyone who hadn't exactly been doing it a lot.

"Not exactly how mother used to make it, but you captured the essence without fail," she said, bowing her head down at the chef. Peg's memory banks were wondrous sometimes.

After eating, she turned to Jessi and spoke with a joking tone. "It's a good thing I'm only out for Usagi bounties, otherwise we might have a problem...but we don't. You have nothing I require bad enough to wish you harm. But give the boy's a break, from my experience they would be more likely to space you to save the worry, than to risk having someone volatile on board...well, more so than they already are."

Pushing back her chair, she stood up and bowed to D'om. "If you wish to speak about what happened today, or in the past, I might retire to my quarters for the night. I am also open to negotiating payment for my transport to Eros 9, with credits deposited anytime up until arrival. Thank you for aiding in Rafu's capture and demise, I apologize again for letting him injure your crew members."
 
"Well there we go. I will be back shortly for that burger."

He joined Lya and fell into step with her,

"You didn't have to come out there to help, but thank you."

He gave her a smile, one of his more dashing ones, as they came to her room he opened it for her (ok so he pushed a button, the idea still count) then he bid her a good rest and headed for his own room. Stripping out of his clothing he stepped into the shower in the corner, watching as the blood from the Usagi ran down the small drain as the water washed it from him. After a thorough soak and rinse, he stepped out and slipped into his "worksman's" clothing, it consisted of sturdy ankle boots, dark, sturdy pants and a cotton shirt over a vest. Very rarely people wore these type of clothes and they did not come cheap, but D'an liked the feel of them and when not in his jumpsuit he wore these clothes.

He joined the group just as Kay got up, he gave her a slight nod and went over to the replicator, ordering his cheeseburger with extra cheese, fried onions and chips into being. Taking his meal he sat down and picked up the burger,

"Deadly yet tasty."

He took a huge bite and sat back, chewing with a satisfied look on his face and sauce smeared over his upper lip and touching his cheeks
 
D'om looks up from his bowl as he's slurping noodles from chopsticks. ''Uh..Bro you got a little on your'' Grax lets out a hissing snicker into his bowl of noodles. ''Bossmans looks likes hes needs bibs to eats'' For a moment it looked like Peg was going to reach out and wipe D'ans mouth like he's a messy little boy. Kay asks if he wished to speak to her about happened today, or happened in the past D'om didn't want to.

''Hopefully we didn't cost you a bounty, if you need surveillance evidence, we have that available. I say you were a guest of Peg's a passage fee isn't necessary. It was our pleasure putting a rabid animal like that down. Nobody knew he had gotten to Lya thankfully D'an stopped further injury. You don't owe us any apology whatsoever Kay you did your best. Hopefully you'll stay with us awhile during E-9 layover?''

D'om strokes his hand over Peg's short midnight blue hair, to show Kay things were alright with them. ''I'd actually like to get to get to know Peg's friend better, I'm sure there's interesting tales to tell yes? Have a good nights rest in your cabin Kay, we'll see you at breakfast in the morning, if we're awake.'' Turning back to refill his bowl with more noodles and pours himself another cupful of the Usagi sake.
 
Jesi

As soon as Jesi saw the "Dahtkelien" walk in she knew the jig was up. In the past she had always found a way out of a situation, whether it was with some fast talk or just making a run for it. But here on a space ship she had no where to go. She knew it and they knew it, it showed in their eyes as she looked at each one. At last Jesi was caught in her own web. One thing she always prided herself on was she was a realist. There were those times to try and talk your way out of a situation and like now thanks to the Dahtkelien, you just came clean.

Once the girl Lya had finished talking Jesi was about to give up when Peg surprised her and everyone else by trying to lighten the mood with her god awful puns. Jesi couldn't help but smile at them, she could never make up puns but had always got a kick out of them. She continued to assess the people and the way they were so comfortable with each other. She had never let herself become close to anyone in all her life, it had been too dangerous, but seeing how it was here on this ship, she wondered would it would be like. "Maybe it's time!"

She thought to herself, "This is what is must feel like to be a part of a family, to be safe from whatever can hurt you out there. To be there for another person...but to also let your guard down with those people. Can I do that? For once in my life...I am going to try. If it doesn't work out...at least I tried."

Everyone except for Lya of course were either talking or eating now. Jesi finally came over took some noodles and sat down. Looking around she announced, "If it's OK with you all I have something to say." Everyone stopped what they were doing and waited. With a lopsided smile she continued, "Your AI...Peg is right, I am a con, did grow up on the streets." She sighed and continued and no I am not a undercover officer in the IPF

I have no family that I can remember and have to admit, I would rather be a part of your crew then be spaced." Chuckling slightly she added, "You know maybe it's time to get out of the con business and well I would truly like to join you ...if you would have me. I have a lot of experience with people, which at times could come in handy...as you will find out if...you let me be a part of your crew." She looked at each of them and added, "That is all I have to say." and sat down.

To prove that she was sincere...she started to empty her many pockets. Everyone in the room couldn't believe the amount of stuff that she kept on putting on the table. There was the usual small weapons, lasers, knives, pistols, listening devises, the fake office badge as well as a least half dozen other sorts of badges. She continued to empty her pockets, three wallets, a couple of tablets, plus a number of unknown gadgets of various sizes. Those immediately got D'om's interest. Once she had all her pockets empty Jesi put her hands up in the air and announced, " OK ...that's all I have in the world...I am now at your mercy."
 
Last edited:
D'an looked with interest at the weapons Jessi produced, but when she put up her hands stating she was now at their mercy, he frowned, of course it looked particularly curious with the juices still smeared on his face,

"C'mon we're rovers not pirates, you keep your stuff, eat your noodles and prove you're worth keeping...in fact I can think of one way of using your talents, but that comes later. What is important now, to me at least, is my messy burger, washed down with glacial water and a better workout than beating a bunny into submission. Then a few hours' sleep and before we reach Eros 9, I will want a talk with you."

He bit into his burger, attention back to where he wants it to be.
 
Lya smiled at D'an and moved past him to her room. "I wanted to be more than a helpless chit. The least I could do is play lie detector. She doesn't mean harm, at least, I don't sense it. I think she is just like me, looking for a place to call home and be herself. I don't know about Kay, though. She makes me uncomfortable, but then, bounty hunters do that." She shrugged, kissed his cheek, heedless of the blood, and closed the door behind him.

She moved to shower, and then crawled into bed. She went into her herb stash to help her find something to sleep. Sprinkling some of the softly scented herb on her pillow, she soon fell asleep.
 
Question … what does the Pegesus and the playboy mansion have in common?

Peg had gone off to repair the damage to her skin. At the same time … she had started the re-animation process on the slave girls. She had asked for guidance on this course of action from D’om and D’an … but with all the fighting had not received any. So, on her own, she figured there were two good reasons to re-animate the cargo. First, they would need to interview the girls to see where they really wanted go. Ero 9 was a well-developed world ... with many more jobs than on Axarna's moon ... so some girls might want to stay and earn credits in any number of legitimate industries. (Note: most of the sex entertainment business was legal and legitimate on Ero 9 … It was a pleasure planet after all!! Unfortunately, Rafu dealers were not legal. They abused the girls in horrible conditions and did not pay them (i.e. slave labor)

The second reason … was to simulate Peg’s sensory input … if Peg re-animated all the sex slaves ... there would be sexy scantily clad girls all over the ship ... Peg was looking forward to how D’an would handle such an invasion of women. To further enhance her own enjoyment … she was planning on working with D’om on the kilbot. D’om was a genus … and she was 98% certain he was going to enhance the bot … and add a few unique twists …that would make the bot more effective and more useful and more interesting.

45 mins later

With repaired skin Peg and D’om were back in the engineering bay.

“D’om … I have repaired all the damage to the bot as requested. It primary and back memory cores are ready for programing. How do you wish to proceed?” Peg asked D’om.

5 hours later.

There were 50 sexy scantily clad beautiful girls all over the ship. Luckily for the most part all the girls re-animated with few mental scars. All were happy to be freed from Rafu.

Peg was amazed at how different all the girls were ... Tall, short, buxom to flat chested, 2 arms … to 6 arms … tentacles …

Peg started to catalog all the different hair colors she was viewing with the ship’s internal sensors ... golden platinum, light ash, honey blonde, brownish blonde, butterscotch, strawberry blonde and that was just the blondes … There are just as many "brunettes", "red" heads, purple, green, etc. Then there were the multicolored hair … the tentacles … no hair … on and on.

Peg was waiting anxiously for D’an to come out and get a burger … how would he handle all those sexy legs, cute butts, and stimulating cleavage!!
 
Last edited:
After waking up, D'an went through a range of workouts designed to keep one fit in small quarters, then he took a shower and got into the flightsuit favored by all rovers and exited his cabin. He was thinking about Jessi, it seemed like the girl could be of some help in the future, but he first had to talk to her, to take a measure of her in person. It was then that he passed one of the girls, he nodded absent-mindedly,

"Hello"

And went on his way to the Galley, he was in the mood for preparing his own breakfast, already his mind ticked off the ingredients as the door slid open. He stopped and stared, there in front of him was a collection of women, clothed in basicaally nothing. His gaze took them all in, he blinked, took a step back and the door closed before him. Still in slight shock he headed to the cockpit, only to find more women draped around, lavishing attention on Grax or inspecting panels or each-other. He turned and headed back to his cabin, finding that indeed he was awake, he slipped to Kay's quarters and overode the security. Slipping inside the door closed and locked behind him, he moved to a seat and sat down,

"Hi Kay, sorry just had to get away a bit and you're the only one I know and of course knew where to find."
 
Jesi and the ...girls?

Jesi was certainly glad that she was going to be given a chance to be a part of this crew. Looking down at her weapons she reloaded her pockets with them again. Her stomach rumbled as she watched D'an dig into his burger. She quickly got a dish of noodles, and sat down to relax with her meal. No one gave her a second look, so once she was finished, she wiped her mouth with a napkin and asked where she could bed down for the night.

She got the directions, she said her good nights and in no time found her cabin, emptied her many pockets onto a small table, and the floor beside it. Slipping out of her leather outfit, and into the bed, she gave a sigh before quickly falling asleep. She had trained herself to sleep anywhere, anytime.

The next morning Jesi did a set of exercises, which she did whenever it was possible. Got cleaned up, dressed picking out just a couple of her favorite weapons and headed out to see about some breakfast. In the hall she passed some pretty exotic looking girls. She nodded her head in a friendly fashion as she passed them. As she got near the mess, she saw more girls, her curiosity got the better of her, so she stopped one very tall, blond beauty and asked, "Where are all you girls coming from?"

The buxom blond giggled and replied, "We were the cargo Rafu had, but now we're free. "She put her finger in her mouth, "I don't know what I am going to do now." She wandered away in some kind of deep thought. Jesi watched her go, shook her head slightly thinking, "Yeah I wonder that too." and continued on her way.

When she got near the mess hall she saw D'an at the door, he opened it, taking a step in, stopped looking around, then stepped back out letting the door shut. He turned around walking back up the corridor, as Jesi passed him she nodded her head, "See you later on D'an."

Once the door to the mess hall opened she saw why he had turned around and left. She stepped inside hesitated while glancing around. With a huge grin on her face Jesi couldn't help but chuckle to herself. The room was loaded with all manner of exotic girls from the sex trade. I mean there was all kinds of shapes, colors and flavors that you could think of. Jessi walked in and went about getting her breakfast thinking, "This should be an interesting breakfast ...to say the least." She chuckled again.
 
Last edited:
Peg

D’om and Peg had completed the major modifications to the kilbot and as usual Peg was re-analyzing her computer programs … she had not been able to keep up with D’om. The improvements he suggested were clever and creative. But as D’om finished up Peg knew he would flip out … with all the female sex slaves getting into everything. So she excused herself, telling him she’d be right back.

Peg hurried to the gallery, ordering any girls wandering the corridor to follow her. She also made an announcement on the bridge to get all the girls back to the gallery

Once Peg entered the gallery, she noticed Jessi eating her breakfast. Peg smiled and then made her announcements:

“Everyone … it is a Pegesus’ tradition to hold a pajama party for released sex slaves. This is for 4 reasons … 1) your mental health, 2) a gesture of thanks to the ship’s crew, 3) for the efficient running of the ship and 4) its fun. Everyone from the released cargo hold is required to participate. There will be preparatory steps needed to prepare for the party. I expect everyone to sign up for at least one group.

First group … we need a group of cooks … they will be whipping up food for the cookery competition. This year … we will be focused on dessert items. Please make sure a majority of beings can eat your dessert. All of you will eat the yummy food, and decide who’s food is the winner.

Second group, we will need good music. Music can be from my libraries … or live … but it must be music people want/can dance too.

The third group, is a manicure session! What’s better than a good manicure and nail art! This group will develop the easy nail art ideas and stock up on nail paints and other tools as required. Tentacle painting is ok too” Peg said as she saw the sex slave with the tentacle arms and hair.

Fourth group … will develop drinks for the “best” drink competition. All of you will be drinking the drinks, and decide who is the winner. Use of mild alcohol content is ok.

Fifth group. Has everyone in this one … dress up … everyone needs to wear pajama’s … and the most funny, outrageous, and sexy pajamas will each win recognition. Party will start 2 hours before we reach Ero 9 and end 10 minutes before arrival.

Raise your hands if you want to be in group 1 … 2… 3 … 4?” Peg asked … as she counted who was in each group.

“Good” She exclaimed and then she asked “Any questions?”

There were none … and Peg said “please begin”

Suddenly, the room exploded in talking … as everyone loved the idea of a party. Peg return to D’om, she was happy the girls were all focused on the party and not wandering around the ship.
 
She awoke to the sounds of rather irritating mental chatter, much of it nervous and nearly all of it female. The captives had been woken up. Rather than sounding scared and panicked as she expected they might be, they sounded excited and giggly. Some of their thoughts revolved around the twins and how hot they were, or other thoughts behind those lines. Others spoke about Peg, Jessi, and the Usagi. The mental images of daisy chains and other such things came unbidden to her senses.

Lya gritted her teeth and concentrated, breathing deeply, erecting layers and layers of mental walls until the mental chatter was a dull background noise that allowed her to think her own thoughts. Ugh, so much noise in several languages, most of which she understood, made her want to punch something. As it was she quickly cleaned herself up, dressed in a close-fitting, belly-baring(in a diamond shape) dress in mauve she had bought. Brushing her hair til it shone, she braided her hair and tossed the braid overhear shoulder, made her face up to highlight her eyes and lips in slightly darker-than-natural hues (read:natural look), and slipped on her boots before heading to the galley to get food. She ignored the looks that studied and caressed her as she programmed some sweet porridge and fruit for her breakfast.

Let the other girls thing she was a slave, and an antisocial one at that. She was too busy trying to keep her mind separated from everyone else's.
 
Kneeling in the middle of the room, Kay sat down in a position of prayer, her back to D'an. In front of her were her swords and throwing knives, along with a pendant of her god and an inscribed belt. The white fabric held many small pictures and names, each indicating some part of her life and that of her ancestors. Whilst she remained silent and still, she waited for her guest to seat himself. He spoke, but for a good minute she did not answer. Finally though, she bowed down low until her nose touched the cool floor, and she whispered something inaudible and non-important to anyone who was not a Usagi. Basically she was communing with her ancestors, asking for their protection and guidance. A daily ritual that all spiritual Usagi abide by.

"Good morning, D'an. Thank you for being patient." Sitting up, she gathered her swords in a rather well practiced and spiritual manner, each one seemed to copy the last one's path until she stood and bowed once again to nobody in particular.

Turning around, she placed each of them on the small cabin table, before making her way over to D'an.

She wore the same garments as last night, however they lacked their final outer garment and embellishments. It was a simple night robe, one layer, that was rather filled by her chest and hips. Perhaps he had already taken note of her form as she prayed, it was not her intention.

"The hallway does seem awfully busy for this time of morning," she said curiously, before taking a seat across from him. She crossed her legs, one of her large rabbit like soft padded feet dangled just shy of his own knees. Whilst she wasn't covered in fur, her legs were built to propel her with speed and strength, her thigh's stronger than that of a normal human wrestlers. To be trapped within them, if she meant harm, would mean a snapped neck. But violence was a last resort, unless someone violated a sacred code.

"How did you sleep? Last night was full of surprises, I would find it difficult to believe your dreams were not somewhat troubled. Perhaps I could be of some assistance in calming your mind," she offered, waving her hand gently towards a tea set that sat beyond her armaments.

If he remembered, her tea varied. The green one was a calming agent, soothing and fostered diplomatic resolutions. The blue tea was a mild hallucinogenic, fostering spiritual connection and creativity. The red tea brought on a deep sleep within minutes, and was often used to dull pain and cause unconsciousness. Whilst it was used mainly for medicinal purposes, sometimes it was slipped into drinks to capture people.
 
"I didn't mean to barge in on you like that, I am sorry for interupting your morning ritual."

He rubbed his fingers together, looking down at his hands,

"Actually I slept quite well, but what I didn't expect was to walk in on a ship filled with half-naked, hot women. I could see in their eyes what they thought and for the first time in my life...well I kinda fled. I didn't run mind you, just got away..."

He trailed off, his gaze lingered on her foot, he gave a wry grin, oh what memories THAT foot recalled, he looked up at her,

"Still have that high caffeine tea? Those that you can't drink because your ears itch? I could do with some of that right now."
 
"We'll call it a strategic retreat, that sounds far more tactical in nature," Kay smiled, bobbing her foot up and down in enjoyment in seeing D'an again and experiencing his sense of humor and personal quirks. "And far be it from me to judge you turning away from beautiful women."

Glancing at her tea set, she thought for a moment before standing up. Whilst she didn't require any of that specific tea, usually withheld for before battle to invigorate the body and charge the batteries, she would not deny him that pep. Humans seemed to love it, like drinking coffee, another substance she usually avoided. The Usagi needed no help in the boundless energy department.

"Ruu'lin tea leaves, perhaps just enough help for you to be victorious when next surrounded by hoards of beautiful women."

She poured hot water into the ceramic teapot, before taking a pinch of tea leaves, instantly they changed the water into a purple blue. Pulling over a small table, she placed the tea set and two cups, pouring her own almost straight away to minimize it's strength. But she would allow his to draw a while longer.

"So, Peg seems to be doing well, is she still just as worried as to D'om scolding her as she was in the past?" Kay asked. Her tone one of calmness and inquisitiveness.

Pouring his cup, she placed it in front of him, ready to watch his reaction. For most humans it was like eating a handful of coffee shot chocolates.
 
"The problem with Peg is that she over think a situation, with the billions of calculations, she just can't really get to the part where she makes a decision that favors D'om. Instead she wishes to protect him...I guess in her own way she's the first AI capable of love and for gis part D'om can't deny it, he's in love with her, though he denies it."

He picked up the cup, resting it between the tips of his fingers and raised it in a silent salute and of course ancient Usagi show of accepting the honor of sharing tea. He took the customary sip and felt the heat as it steadilly slipped down to his stomach to curl up and then spread.

"I do find it curious that I made a tactical withdrawal from the sight of any man's dream room to a room where a singular female sits with enough skill to use the blades she has to kill me in a heartbeat..."

He shrugged and grinned,

"Must be your enthusiams of life and the cuteness factor of your lineage."

He sipped more of the tea and felt how it's heat started to flow even further into his body,

"I can see why you do not use it often."
 
Chuckling, Kay sipped at her own cup of tea, returning his bow. She was happy to see that he had not forgotten that simple sign of respect. He had been reprimanded once for forgetting, perhaps it had sunk in. D'an wasn't stupid though, and she wondered if half the time he did such things simply to see her angry side.

"Cuteness factor?" Kay smiled, knowing that to humans the rabbit like appearance was rather cute. To her humans were cute, such small and fragile creatures. But she couldn't deny him his thoughts.

"You must be thinking of pure blood Usagi, at least they have fur. My father, as you well know wasn't Usagi, so I didn't end up getting that soft and cuddly outer coating."

Glancing across at her weapons, she smiled again. She often did that around D'an. She wasn't 100% sure why, but suspected it was because he was a likable guy, and she also felt like mothering him when it came to sword skills and Usagi customs.

"I'll have to see how your sword skills have been developing, do you train often?" she asked, wondering if he still had the wooden training swords she had left with him during her last stay. Maybe Peg had hidden them from D'om, just in case he asked too many questions.

Sipping her tea, her ears began to get warm, one of the signs that the caffeine was spreading through her body. They didn't itch, but she was starting to feel rather hot and bouncy under the collar.
 
Eating was still hard with all the chatter. Unlike so many of these women who lived in ignorance she had been tortured the day before, and had the bandages to prove it. Pushing her porridge aside, she stood, determined to go back to her room and begin ackbar. Disposing of her waste, she headed out to the cargo bay to pick up some supplies for her room. She paused outside the Usagi's quarters. She heard the mental voices, though she didn't bother to concentrate and "eavesdrop" . D'an was in there with Kay. Of course he was.

Lya's shoulders slumped. He had history with this Kay person, and she, unlike Lya, was actually able to fight and defend herself. And so what if D'an thought her scars were "intriguing" ? He would only ever see her as a defenseless victim, not a woman to respect or want. Especially not with a passenger list of someof the most beautiful and unblemished females this side of the galaxy.

Biting her lip she turned to head back to her room. Maybe she should just leave when they reached Eros-9. It was clear neither of the men saw her as anything but a woman. She could find passage to her home world and begin again, maybe heal others who found their way back.

Moving to her room, she moved to her bed and hugged her knees , in thought.

As she started to think she also started to feel angry with herself. She had survived seven yearson yet own. She had confidence and skills in spades. Why was she doubting herself? over the affections of a man, no less? She ground her teeth and growled softly to herself as she moved to gather some of her herbs,mails and some candles. She had to get back to what was really important and a man's desires for her be damned. Rafu had brought out her slave tendencies because it was a familiar pattern to her and she had begun thinking like a slave again, about her worth based on the desire of someone else! She mentally slapped herself, then actually felt the sting on her face, which shocked her. Was she so powerful she could manifest sensation? Couldn't be! She mentally caressed her shoulder, and shivered as the invisible hand touched her shoulder gently, though the pressure was not as strong as she felt the last vestiges of her anger and irritation melt away. She grinned. This was new, but very interesting. She was going to have to concentrate.

Lighting the candles and the herbs so that here was a fragrant fog beginning in her room she settled herself in to meditate and focus.
 
D'an chuckled,

"Never said that you need to have fur to look cute."

He sipped more of the tea and settled the cup down,

"I fear that I do not have your skill yet, but I do the training you showed me when I get the chance...mostly without the swords. The cabin is a bit too small to use swords, wooden or otherwise."

He leaned forward,

"Kay...I have a small request. You have seen Lya, I want you to teach her the basics of short blades. I think she will need the self-assurance that comes with the use of them."

He picked up his cup and sipped the last of the tea,

"She's no fragile flower, she has psychic powers, very undeveloped, I think that with her lineage and the structure of training she will develop that as well."
 
Back
Top