Western Trails (closed)

Penny couldn't really remember the last time that she'd had a hot bath either. The luxury definitely wasn't lost on her as she stripped from her filthy clothing and sank down into the steamy water. She let out a long sigh, a wide smile breaking out across her features as John moved behind her and his strong arms wrapped around her. The kiss against her neck was like a cherry atop a cake.

"I have a craving for the biggest steak this city has." She murmured, relaxing back against him.
 
He chuckled,

"Judging from how small this town is, I think it will be a steak you can not finish."

He used his hands to pour water onto her and they both settled in to soak, he knew that he couldn't stay too long, the heat and humidity could soften the scabs on his wounds and re-open them. He toyed with her hair and traced the lines of her neck, shoulders and arms, this felt good, but what would have felt better would be if he was a bit stronger and more healed. He would have definately have seduced Penny, he laid his head against the side and sighed contentedly.

"This is much better than cold pools and streams."
 
"Much, much better." Penny agreed with a sigh as she leaned against his strong chest and relaxed. She enjoyed the feel of his hands upon her naked skin, simply caressing and making her feel like the most special creature in the entire world.

"And I'm sure that steak we're going to eat soon is going to taste way better than anything I could whip up on the trail." She said with another grin, her belly rumbling at the thought of a good and hearty meal.
 
He chuckled,

"I doubt that, I can't remember when last I had such hearty meals on a trail and even on the run."

He reached up and stroked over her hair, the trail dust and grime had covered the blonde tresses, but he still loved the silky feel of her hair.

"You do know that once you're all cleaned up and dressed in a new set of clothing that I will have to fight off the single men right?"

He smiled and leaned forward to kiss the exposed skin of her shoulder
 
"A new set of clothing?" Penny asked, looking over her shoulder to the man that had captured her heart. "I think you're just trying to flatter me now. There's nothing wrong with the clothing that I came here in."

She shivered at the feel of his lips against her shoulder. The differences between the way that John treated her and the way that Seth treated her were too numerous to count. John was sweet and kind and thought of her as a person and not a possession.

"I don't think I'll ever tell you how grateful I am for you, John." She murmured softly.
 
He chuckled,

"Believe me, the trail is hard on clothing, your clothing may still be wearable, but you will be thankful for a change of it."

His hands start to slowly move over her wet body, slowly exploring the soft curves under the water,

"For some strange reason I have a feeling you will never have to tell me at all."

He gently pushed her now-damp hair out of the way, exposing her neck as he gently kissed the curve of her slender neck.
 
Penny let out a sigh as his hands played over the curves of her body, his lips pressing against the back of her neck. Her hands dipped beneath the water, her fingers resting against his thighs as things threatened to heat up for the both of them.

"You're not well enough for this yet, John." She murmured softly, wishing that she didn't want to tell him that.
 
In response he gently nibbled her earlobe,

"Actually this is a ploy to get you to relaxed enough."

He chuckled softly, then he picked up the water scoop and scooped water over his head,

"Perhaps we should get busy cleaning ourselves and then we can get underway soon enough. I am sure that you would love to see your brother again."

He scooped up water and with a grin dumped it over her hair, grinning impishly at her,

"You should see how good you look wearing nothing but wet hair."
 
"I'm in no hurry to get to my brother." She murmured, gasping as he suddenly doused her hair with warm water.

Turning her head to look over her shoulder, she tried to act offended, but she only managed in smiling. Penny had never had this level of intimacy with a man before. While it was a new experience, it was incredibly welcome.

"You think I look good?" She asked him, slowly turning to her hands and knees in the water facing him. "Well, I think you're the most handsome man I've ever met in my life."

She leaned forward, kissing him gently as her breasts skimmed along his naked chest, her body pressing intimately against his own. The feeling was amazing. It made her feel alive.
 
He returned the kiss, loving how her body brushed against himn how her lips tasted and it was such a sad thing that any activity other than bathing would most likely re-open his wounds. But that did not stop him from wrapping his arms around her, pulling her close and kissing her with much more passion, leaving them both breathless when their lips did part. He gave her a smile, brushing her hair from her face and made a show to look at her posterior as it stuck out of the water with most of her lower-back.

"Now that is a sight to behold, I think you will start to breathe live into a dead man if you continue with such revelations."

He gave a lazy smile and pulled her to him once more, his lips seeking her own, hungry to taste her once more
 
Penny sighed as he kissed her like a man possessed. She smiled against his lips, whimpering at the heat that he added. He made her toes curl and her stomach clench in the most wonderful way. How had she been so lucky as to stumble into this man's life, she asked herself.

"Good. Next time you're at death's door, I'll just show you my bottom." Penny mumbled against his lips as the kiss broke and she found herself looking into his deep, piercing gaze. "And perhaps some other things..."
 
He chuckled at her words,

"Let's hope there will be no dire need for you to bare yourself."

He pushed his fingers through her wet hair,

"We should get washing before the water gets cold."

He held up the soap with one hand,

"I'll wash your back for you."

He winked,

"And perhaps all that you offered to show me as well?"
 
Penny simply smile at his offer and she pressed her lips gently against his own. "You warm my heart, John." It was all that she could find to say as she turned over again in the bath, presenting him with her back.
 
He used the soap to first lather up his hands and started to wash her back, he pushed her hair aside and kept washing her back, using the fingertips and then the flat of his hands, basically giving her a very thorough back rub slash massage, but he of course did not know this, he just thought she liked it and kept up with it. After a while he did decide to rinse her back and then got to washing himself, he could feel that the hot water had started to soften the scabs over his wounds and that he should get out as soon as possible, he shared the soap with Penny and after a few moments they got out, clean for the first time in a long time...well properly clean that would be.

He slipped on his battered old hat and pulled on his pants, he didn't want to put on the shirt, it was rather dusty and dirty, a stark contrast to what his body was at that moment. He slipped his gunbelts on, even though they were empty, the revolvers still held a silent threat that few people wished to argue with.
 
Penny was pulling on her old dusty dress, looking at the damage that had been done on the trail. She needed a new gown, one that wasn't being held together with a wish and a prayer. She glanced towards John and knew that he had the same thoughts.

"Why don't you give me some money and I'll go buy us some new clothes? You can stay here and rest." Penny offered, knowing that he was stubborn enough that he probably wouldn't agree to that.
 
He gave her a grin,

"Wahl darlin', ahl give yah the money, but yah have even m're th'n me right now."

He chuckled,

"I think you were right though, I will have to rest a bit, I'm feeling a bit tired right now. Where did we stash the cash though? Was it in the saddlebags or in that money pouch?"
 
"I have no idea." Penny admitted as she moved to look through both. It took a moment before she found a few coins and a few folded bills in his saddlebag.

"Nothing fancy, but clean." She promised as she moved to give John a kiss.

She smiled at him as she pressed her lips against his own, letting out a little sigh. She would never have imagined that she'd ever be with a man that loved her so much and so intensely. He was nothing like Seth. He brought out the best in her.
 
He kissed her back, resting his good arm around her waist, then as the kiss broke he plopped his hat on her hat and gave her a wink,

"If you can fit a box of 45 rounds into that money I'd be mighty obliged, I feel kind of naked without a loaded weapon."

He grinned,

"Not that kind of weapon so don't you go looking down there."

He gave her another kiss and then headed towards the bed, ready to just keel over and sleep a bit.
 
"I'll be back in no time." Penny promised, watching as he went towards the bed to catch a few more winks of sleep.

Penny couldn't keep the silly little smile off her lips as she exited their room and made her way into town to get what they needed. She'd never had the kind of freedom that John gave her before. Even if it only meant that she was going to go out and get a cheap dress, a new shirt and a box of ammunition, it meant a lot to her.
 
Of course it didn't take him very long to just keel over and sleep, he had no boots, shirt or hat to worry about, all he needed to do was fit enough of himself onto the bed to not fall off. His eyes drifted close and sleep overtook him, he never slept deep and wasn't about to start, but sleep did come quickly and with it came the faces.
 
Penny went directly into town, keeping to herself but still greeting everyone with a smile. Her first stop was at a dress store. While it would have been nice to get something custom made, she settled for a straight off the rack cornflower blue dress. It was sturdy and well made, but still pretty. She also haggled for a new pair of boots and a shirt and a pair of pants for John.

Once that was finished, she turned her sights on getting the ammunition that he had wanted. She was like a fish out of water as she stepped into the dry goods store. She glanced around the store until she saw the man that worked there.

"Hello, sir? Do you sell ammunition here?" She asked, hoping that he didn't think that she was a complete and total idiot.
 
The storekeeper turned from the cloth he was busy cutting to size for making bags when the stranger approached the counter. He smiled knowingly at her question, not the first time a pretty woman came to ask that on behalf of somebody else,

"Good day ma'am and yes I do sell ammunition here, what caliber are you looking for? I have .38, .44 and .45 available
 
".....45...." Penny murmured a little bit unsure. "I'm pretty sure that's what he told me."

Penny gave him a sweet smile. "Leave it to him to take a nap while I went out shopping, right? If it isn't right, I'll just blame him."
 
"Ah .45, yes here it is, serious stopping power right there."

He looked at the price and then at her,

"That will be one dollar."

He opened the box for her to see the bullets,

"It is a bonus pack, extra rounds. Unfortunately it is also more expensive."

He closed the box,

"You are new here and from the looks you have been on the trail, not every day we see trailspeople come through. Where are you originally from if I may be so bold as to ask?"
 
"Wichita." Penny said as she pulled out a coin and handed it across the counter to the man. "I'm on my way to visit my brother and sister-in-law."

"It was a long hard ride and we're just stopping for a while to rest." She shrugged as if it were nothing and reached out to take the box of ammunition. "If we went any further, I'm sure that it would have turned ugly."
 
Back
Top