Writing Goal for the Day?

The dictionary is a writer's (a real writer's) friend: Websters: le-thal. adj. 1. of, relating to, or causing death.

fa-tal. adj. 4. causing death.

You could also go with Mortal wound if you wanted to be clever as well.

and glad you have your dictionary, most likely it is the only friend (real friend) you have left these days.

and real writer's don't always have to run to the dictionary, because by now they should have a decent vocabulary with out it, just like they should be able to figure things out without googling everything. But I guess at your age the mind is starting to go.

Yes, it's been evident that you don't like to go running to the dictionary. Doesn't stop you from remarking on word usage, though. (That also is typical of you.)

Yes, it's been evident that you don't like to go running to the dictionary. Doesn't stop you from remarking on word usage, though. (That also is typical of you.)

And you have no clue about describing sex unless its boy A's cock in boy B's ass, but that doesn't stop you from pretending you that you do.

You know I forgot to mention, I was looking through the contest story entries today(I thought you were entering under an alt?)

I love to read comments to as many as I have time for. I saw yours had quite a few, but when I read them a couple were yours.

You actually even insult people in your comments! Goddamn you are a dink aren't you? man, you're a real piece of work.

go to your dictionary and look up class will you?

and real writer's don't always have to run to the dictionary, because by now they should have a decent vocabulary with out it, just like they should be able to figure things out without googling everything. But I guess at your age the mind is starting to go.

Come on, you're not serious, right? You don't think writers -- "real" or otherwise -- just sit around with complete dictionaries and thesauruses in their (our?) heads, right? I use the thesaurus feature on Word quite a bit, and there's been more than once where I should have looked at a dictionary.

Come on, man, you left the door open there.

Ah yes, writing goal for the day:

I surpassed my by a wide margin, even if i didn't get as much time as i thought I would. I even found the last chapter to a series I forgot I wrote. Duh.

I also found a story from 1964 that I had scanned in a long time ago. Reading my own writing from back then has my eyes crossed. Penmanship wasn't a strong suit back then. Or now for that matter.

Come on, you're not serious, right? You don't think writers -- "real" or otherwise -- just sit around with complete dictionaries and thesauruses in their (our?) heads, right? I use the thesaurus feature on Word quite a bit, and there's been more than once where I should have looked at a dictionary.

Come on, man, you left the door open there.

Yeah, I was going to call him on that too--but he obviously isn't open to reality with me. He's too taken with his own pretense.

Of course writers continually check dictionaries for spellings and definitions. So do professional editors. No one can have all of the words at hand they need to be working with anything above the third-grade vocabulary level. But, yes I can see with Lovecraft . . .

Ah, Lovecraft, you're just being your usual sleazebag self. You seem soooo frustrated. :D

Incidentally,

You know I forgot to mention, I was looking through the contest story entries today(I thought you were entering under an alt?)

Who's to say I haven't? You seem to love to post out of ignorance and false assumption.

I love to read comments to as many as I have time for. I saw yours had quite a few, but when I read them a couple were yours.

I'm delighted you've read the comments. (Hope Lance has too.) At least one of them appears to be making a direct swipe at you (yes, everyone else, by all means go and check the comments out on that story :D). You, of course, will continue your pretense and claim that all of the commenters are just my alts. :D

I won't be looking at your story when it posts. I don't have that particular insecurity that you exhibit here.

Uh.... Who ordered the two truck loads of spam?

Got two old stories singled out for work. I hope I get as much writing done as the spammer above me. :eek:

Finally I might be able to make a goal. I've been fortunate enough to write something every day, but I haven't had the time to really waste hours away writing, it's been short bursts and late at night. Today though it's back to normal (at least what I consider to be normal).

Finish Kismet Ch. 11
Edit a Exhib/Voy
Add more to three others
Make corrections on a "How to"
Begin an outline for a fourth (never have tried an outline - but there is a lot of research to muddle through)
Post on an SRP

I guess my goal is that one of those things listed above will be accomplished!

Okay - down to two things on my list. :D

PennGirl has a cold. :( Which means she'll probably miss her little Tues Morning day care (although she really wants to go) and means I'll lose that bit of writing time. Which I was going to lose anyway b/c PennBoy has to go to the dentist for his retainers and I was going to go along for support and care instructions. Sigh. Feel bad for the kids, but this lack of writing time is really bugging me.

PennGirl has a cold. :( Which means she'll probably miss her little Tues Morning day care (although she really wants to go) and means I'll lose that bit of writing time. Which I was going to lose anyway b/c PennBoy has to go to the dentist for his retainers and I was going to go along for support and care instructions. Sigh. Feel bad for the kids, but this lack of writing time is really bugging me.

:( I hope she gets to feeling better and the dentist visit goes by swiftly with little to no issues. I really hope you're able to get more writing in!

:( I hope she gets to feeling better and the dentist visit goes by swiftly with little to no issues. I really hope you're able to get more writing in!

It's looking up. PennGirl is feeling better so we're going to take her to the program -- it's only for a couple of hours and she really wants to go. The dentist visit shouldn't be too bad, but PennBoy is understandably a little nervous, so it won't hurt to have both of us there. But there may be a little time to eke out this morning. Then I'll set my sights on Thursday, I guess, when PennGirl goes again.

It's looking up. PennGirl is feeling better so we're going to take her to the program -- it's only for a couple of hours and she really wants to go. The dentist visit shouldn't be too bad, but PennBoy is understandably a little nervous, so it won't hurt to have both of us there. But there may be a little time to eke out this morning. Then I'll set my sights on Thursday, I guess, when PennGirl goes again.

Glad to hear she's feeling better!

I feel for the PennBoy - I hate the dentist, but I see him though I don't wanna. lol I need to make an appt. soon, we are in the middle of insurance providers, and I lost a filling (I think), so as soon as the Ins. kicks in I can see my dentist and have my two daughters wisdom teeth pulled.

Glad to hear she's feeling better!

I feel for the PennBoy - I hate the dentist, but I see him though I don't wanna. lol I need to make an appt. soon, we are in the middle of insurance providers, and I lost a filling (I think), so as soon as the Ins. kicks in I can see my dentist and have my two daughters wisdom teeth pulled.

Insurance is the worst part (for us) of dealing with this stuff. I often wonder why we as human beings do these things to each other. Anyway, PennBoy handled everything very well and is now in school. However, that pretty much ate up any alone/quiet time I had, as I will be leaving in 10 mins or so to pick up PennGirl. Sigh. Try again another day.

Well, I unexpectedly hammered out another story for the Anal category this morning and I think I'm pretty happy with it, too. I'm still wondering when and where I lost my ability to hammer out quickly little 3000 word entries like the kind I used to submit to Penthouse "Forum" back in the day. This latest submission ended up at just over 3700 words (with each word being more golden than the one before it, LMAO!!!)

As much as I enjoy longer format writing, there's something to be said for the hot, little vignette that gets in, gets it done, and gets over itself. Maybe on my next try?

Insurance is the worst part (for us) of dealing with this stuff. I often wonder why we as human beings do these things to each other. Anyway, PennBoy handled everything very well and is now in school. However, that pretty much ate up any alone/quiet time I had, as I will be leaving in 10 mins or so to pick up PennGirl. Sigh. Try again another day.
Well, I dropped off insurance papers so they could view them and get back with me on my projected costs. It's a phone call I'm both dreading and looking forward to, just so I can know where I stand financially.

Well, I unexpectedly hammered out another story for the Anal category this morning and I think I'm pretty happy with it, too. I'm still wondering when and where I lost my ability to hammer out quickly little 3000 word entries like the kind I used to submit to Penthouse "Forum" back in the day. This latest submission ended up at just over 3700 words (with each word being more golden than the one before it, LMAO!!!)

As much as I enjoy longer format writing, there's something to be said for the hot, little vignette that gets in, gets it done, and gets over itself. Maybe on my next try?

I agree. I like both short pieces and long ones (mind out of the gutter folks). ;)

Congrats on getting on the writing done. :D

Incidentally,

Who's to say I haven't? You seem to love to post out of ignorance and false assumption.

I'm delighted you've read the comments. (Hope Lance has too.) At least one of them appears to be making a direct swipe at you (yes, everyone else, by all means go and check the comments out on that story :D). You, of course, will continue your pretense and claim that all of the commenters are just my alts. :D

I won't be looking at your story when it posts. I don't have that particular insecurity that you exhibit here.

Point here oh insecure one, is that your ego is so colossal that you need to do in your comments what you do in the threads, argue with anyone who does not think you're as great as you think you are.

You are so pathetic you feel the need to post on your own story (tacky in itself as it inflates the numbers of comments) to argue your point with some boob (who you will never meet) who doesn't think your story was that great.

Unbelievable demonstration of your both your ego and lack of class.

The dictionary is a writer's (a real writer's) friend: Websters: le-thal. adj. 1. of, relating to, or causing death.

fa-tal. adj. 4. causing death.

Lethal of relating to, or causing death.

Fatal causing death.

slightly different definitions.

If words are identical they can be used in place of each other (usually)

When I am holding one of my guns I am holding a lethal weapon. Why is it a lethal weapon? Because it has the ability to kill someone. However it can also just injure.

No one ever says I am holding a "fatal" weapon.

They also say a "fatal" wound. Not a lethal wound.

The English language is not like math where everything is in concrete in language there are gray areas. But being someone who never strays from exactly what he is told, I would not expect you to try to think it out a little.

You are so pathetic you feel the need to post on your own story (tacky in itself as it inflates the numbers of comments) to argue your point with some boob (who you will never meet) who doesn't think your story was that great.

Okay, so I know you're referring to a story, but you realize that bolded phrase can apply to um, yourself, in the forums? You get awfully worked up about someone you don't know and will likely never meet.

And didn't you have a thread about how you weren't going to do this....

Swiftboater:

Bet you sat up all night fuming and composing those. :D

Once you've convinced yourself you're the greatest, are you going to stop your harrassment and swiftboating of me? Because all of this competition crap is just you. I don't really care how well you do at anything--it's in an entirely different world from the one I'm writing in. :rolleyes:

Dear Reader
SR71PLT played 'Enos' in the old DUKES OF HAZZARD tv sitcom. Before that you may remember him as ALICE on THE BRADY BUNCH.

I see Pilot and LC have once again filled their quota of writing for the day, the former being far more prolific.

So why do these things get so out of hand? Hmmm....who cares:confused:

Naw, I'm not doing much writing today (as I noted earlier today). I'm doing the proofs for a mainstream novel. Just about done too. Thanks for showing the interest, though. :rolleyes:

Back