I am not sure GERONTOPHILIA is a fetish.

Joined
Jan 5, 2018
Posts
203
Gerontophilia,is defined as being attracted to a different generation.
But is it a fetish?.
I have always enjoyed older and much older ladies,and still do.
For me its normal.but some frown on age differences.
I simply like interesting ladies,and they are usually older.
I am age Blind.
It's.always confused me,older men,younger women,is more acceptable
WHY?
There does seem a lot of men on this site,asking for mature ladies.yet few seem to respond.But i am new on here,and much to learn.
So is it normal,or a FETISH.
BOB
 
Technically it is only a fetish if it is the sole focus of your sexual interest and you cannot perform in other situations so I would guess that is is not
a fetish in most situations, just an attraction.
 
Technically it is only a fetish if it is the sole focus of your sexual interest and you cannot perform in other situations so I would guess that is is not
a fetish in most situations, just an attraction.

I agree. If it's not the sole focus, I'd call it a kink, not a fetish.
 
Technically it is only a fetish if it is the sole focus of your sexual interest and you cannot perform in other situations so I would guess that is is not a fetish in most situations, just an attraction.

I don't know. While that may closely mirror the most narrow and strict medical definition, or the Merriam-Webster or Oxford Dictionary definitions of "fetish", as a specific object, I think that's a rather archaic and limiting definition of "sexual fetish".

The "International Statistical Classification of Diseases and Related Health Problems 10th Revision (ICD-10)-WHO Version for ;2016" classifies sexual fetishism thusly:

" F65.0
Fetishism

Reliance on some non-living object as a stimulus for sexual arousal and sexual gratification. Many fetishes are extensions of the human body, such as articles of clothing or footwear. Other common examples are characterized by some particular texture such as rubber, plastic or leather. Fetish objects vary in their importance to the individual. In some cases they simply serve to enhance sexual excitement achieved in ordinary ways (e.g. having the partner wear a particular garment)."

Interesting that they specifically list transvestism as a fetish since it, or crossdressing, may be the most commonly noted fetish in this forum.

"F65.1
Fetishistic transvestism

The wearing of clothes of the opposite sex principally to obtain sexual excitement and to create the appearance of a person of the opposite sex. Fetishistic transvestism is distinguished from transsexual transvestism by its clear association with sexual arousal and the strong desire to remove the clothing once orgasm occurs and sexual arousal declines. It can occur as an earlier phase in the development of transsexualism."

ICD 9 CM Diagnosis codes defines fetish thusly:

Clinical Information
"A condition in which inanimate objects are utilized as a PREFERRED or exclusive method of stimulating erotic arousal
A disorder characterized by recurrent sexual urges, fantasies, or behaviors involving the use of nonliving objects such as women's wearing apparel (the "fetish")"

Note that they use the term "preferred or exclusive" so the fetish doesn't have to be the sole focus of sexual interest or the sole means of sexual gratification.

The US National Library Medicine also includes the phrase "preferred or exclusive method of stimulating erotic arousal."

So it would seem that a strong preference, such as the OP's noted preference for older sexual partners could be considered a fetish.
 
Back
Top