The Raiders of the Scarlet Sails (IC)

Artus is a thief that ... lies! I'm shocked!! Have him arrested

“That is the best I can do” Artus answered “why don’t you just go back to … RED … and leave me alone” his voice full of poison at his last comment. Blade could tell he was hiding something and trying to get him pissed off with the Red comment.

“Artus … you went too far with the Red comment … what are you hiding?”

Artus just stared at him for a moment. Then took a deep breath “I should have known you’d figure it out … you are such smart ass." Then he mumbled something that was unclear.

"What was that?” Blade asked him.

“The guild has cut ties with me. I freelance now” Artus said clearer. Blade could tell Artus was pretty distressed by this. Being freelance was dangerous. If the guild caught him … he could be killed. “But the information I told you is true … I got the information from the folks at The Tipped Tankard in Port Peril two weeks ago.” Artus added. The Tipped Tankard was the thieves’ guild main hangout in Port Peril.
 
Blade

He pushed himself from the counter, "And now I will return to Red as you suggested." With a silly grin, he tossed the apple into the stew boiling on the stove, at the door he paused and tossed a coin purse on the table in front of Artus, "You were always a lousy thief, you should guard your purses much more carefully."

Blade chuckled in the face of Artus' realization that Blade had bought Artus' information with Artus' own money. But if there was two things Artus could not argue with, Blade had style and that Artus was a lousy thief, he was a con-man sure, but as a thief he actually sucked. With a depressed sigh, he tucked the coin purse away...only to feel for his other purses and finding only one missing.

Unfortunately the one missing had the jewels that he still had to fence and just as he was about to shout out the alarm, he noticed the purse laying where Blade had been sitting. He heaved a sigh and picked up the purse, slipping it into a pocket.

Blade on the other hand had slipped back into the pub and seemed to appear next to Red, "Heya Red, whose the new people? They seem a bit swabby tah me."
 
Thorald Deighton enters the bar.

Thorald Deighton enters the bar.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
"So treasure you say? I am a fan of treasure."

Caitwyn blinked. "You don't say?" the little halfling giggled. "I suppose you're in good company then. Can't say I've met many... or any... who don't like the thought of giant chests spilling over with coin. But liking it, and being able to take it are two different things," she added with a mischievous glint to her emerald eyes.

"Who's to say where this Captain Harigan even is. That's a big, open sea out there."
 
Thorald Deighton

occ update
 
Last edited by a moderator:
“May I remind everyone, that Captain Harrigan has a fleet of pirate ships.” Red said. “Our ship is unknown in these waters … we have no reputation behind us. This is the shackles … the free captains have a name for a ship like ours … PREY. We need to establish a reputation and get a few allies. I don’t want to be constantly fending off attacked by every freebooter. So my plan is a simple one. Once the ship has been modified, we head west … take advantage of any opportunities we encounter on the way to …” Red leaned in closer and whispered “tidewater rock”

She leaned back in her chair and spoke louder again “by that time, we’ll be known as such a bad ass ship … no one will bother us.”

It was at this moment Nya and Blade came into the bar and headed over to their table.

Nya spoke first “Captain … good news I have filled in the missing crew members. Now I need to replace the missing officers. We still need a ship’s carpenter, purse, chaplain, surgeon, and second in command or quartermaster.” The eight-legged half octopus lady reported then she noticed the two new women at the table. A puzzled look formed on her face.

Blade saw the new people too and said "Heya Red, whose the new people? They seem a bit swabby tah me."

“Nya and Blade where are your manners … please meet Jabnil and Caitwyn” Red told them both.

“Oh I thought they were … ah … entertainers” Nya said trying to remember the most polite word for prostitutes she could think of.

“There you go again assuming … How many times must I tell you not to do that!” Red said. “They can tell you their actual professions for themselves” Red said.

Jabnil went first “I’m a senior cleric of Erastil and you have no need to look further for a ship’s chaplain and surgeon, I can do both jobs. I'm actually looking for a ship to go on ... Does the job pay well?” She asked.

“Only if we are successful” Nya said.

Reaver leaned over to Red and whispered to her “Jabnil is more than she appears” Red nodded but did not reply, she coolly turned to Caitwyn.

“Caitwyn, please tell Nya and Blade your profession” The Captain asked the Halfling.
 
Thorald Deighton

Thorald is bored and seeks adventure when he hears the pirate officers interesting conversation inside the bar. They are missing some important staff members on their ship with the scarlet sails and he could get one of the positions. Thorald gets closer and speaks to the captain.

"Excuse me captain Red. My name is Thorald Deighton and I would like to be your second in command. My only claim is to get new clothes for my naked girl because I ripped them when I played with her. My main interests are to survive and females. I'm an experienced fighter and expert with my double edged two hand sword. I can live with any terms and minimum payment."
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Before Caitwyn could say anything a tall, slim, man walked over to the table. His turquoise eyes gazed at the strange collection of people assembled at the table. He had a beard with a prominent mustache and long reddish brown hair. If Red had to guess, she would say he was a fighter. He asked to be part of the crew, offering to be her second. The main payment he wanted was clothing for his “girl” and minimum other compensation.

Red looked at him for a moment.

“My second? … You’ll need to prove yourself to get that position. What experience do you have sailing … and fighting?” Red asked.

For some reason Jabnil felt she needed to jump into this conversation. “Good Sir … Mister Deighton. These people are pirates. Their life expectancy is short, very short. If their ship does not sink in a storm, or gets destroyed by a sea monster … Most of them get killed either attacking another ship … or some country’s Navy tracks them down and blows them out of the water. If your “girl” needs clothing … she can have my cloak.” Jabnil offered, stood up, and pulled the deep purple garment off her shoulders and offered it to the man.

“Talk about giving the shirt off your back!” Flitter whispered to Reaver. Reaver answered by saying “I think she just likes being naked … which is ok with me” His eyes explored all her curves and his mind tried to memorize what it could.

“Jabnil … you have almost talked me out of being a pirate!” Red joked and everyone started to laugh.
 
Blade

He tried not to and succeeded not to gape when the woman who had said that she was a cleric, jumped up and took off her cloak. If there was a rival for Red's body, she was surely it and she wasn't very shy about showing off that body either. But there was something which made Blade put away his amorous darts.

He wasn't sure what it was, perhaps a look in her eyes, the curve of her lips, the blades on her hips...something about her urged him to caution and caution himself he did. Instead he turned his attention to the new-comer, he was an interesting person to look at, though Blade wondered how a man could rip all the clothing off of a girl...that was something that he'd like to see, take notes and refine!
 
Thorald Deighton

Thorald takes the cloak from Jabnil's hand.

"Thank you Jabnil. I've nothing to lose but you've great assets." Thorald says and grins evily while he stares at her breasts.

Thorald plays with his shiny silver sword and he moves fast like the lightning.

"Captain Red, I can follow your orders, command the crew, give them discipline, make sure that everything is working on the ship, disarm enemies and undress girls with my sword but I'm a mercenary not a sailor."
 
Luca liked this halfling, she had a good head on her shoulders, which were conveniently located just above a lovely set effects breasts, and a set like those were generally a plus in his book. The good captain had to go and bring things down with all the negative 'we are prey' talk, can't a man dream of adventure in peace? But then she got him back on board with the word plan, Luca may not have known her long, but he got the feeling that when captain Red, the buxom raider of the... Something something, he'd figure out an appropriate end to that title later, back to the point, captain Red seemed the type whos plans were with listening too.

Luca had no idea what Tidewater Rock was, but she had said it in such an important tone, it just had to be interesting. After that Blade and Nya showed up, and there was some more amusing banter.

Then a new guy showed up, the new guy was confident, yeah 'confident' was the working Luca a would stick with. "As a fellow captain" of a ship that would fit in a small room and of a dead crew, though Luca declined to mention that part "I can tell you now, that it take more than that to command, it takes respect, and a sailor is unlikely to respect the orders of a non sailor, especially when sailing, which I suspect we'll be doing quite a bit of, on account of us working primarily on a ship." Luca took another swig of his drink "but that's just my findings, captain Red here has more experience at being captain than I, and no doubt could provide further insight into the matter."
 
Amlugeth watched the new man arrive and go over to the table with Jabnil. She almost burst out laughing when she heard him ask for the position of second in command, that is usually a position given to someone who has earned the trust of the captain and the crew, not a new comer. She was shocked though when he said he wanted clothes for his "girl" because he ripped hers off. She wondered why a woman would only have one set of clothing and why he wouldn't be able to buy or steal her more. This was a very odd person and she would have to keep an extra eye on him.
 
Red smiled as she watched the man twirl his sword about. The speed was impressive. If he fought as well as he demonstrated, he would prove a good asset to the ship’s company.

She listened to Luca's words and could not agree more. But the man had earned a chance and she wanted to give it to him.

“Very well … Deighton, you are on the ship. Nya sign him up. We’ll see how thing work out as far as sailing, sea sickness, and become my second. But for now, we’ll need someone to lead the boarding parties … and you seem brave enough to accomplish the task”

Nya was standing near Flitter and whispered to her “and dumb enough!” Leading boarding parties was a very dangerous part of the pirating job. But if you did that well promotion to quartermaster could be quick.

Rickety Hake, the retired buccaneer, had been watching the display and moved closer to the group. The short, stoop-backed old man with a leathery, weatherworn face somehow still had a presence around him and people moved out of the way until he stood next to Red.

“Aye … he fights like Free Captain Ella Gurnett … my old capt’n aboard the Bearded Whore. She was like an eel with her sword. Too bad she fell during the battle of Nolis Point. She fed the Kraken she did … rest her soul.”

“Yes Rickety … I know the story well.” Red said. But the comment did not deter the Rickety.

“Aye … but the young fellows have not heard it. There we were … 10 ships in a line of battle … catapults firing … the screams of the dying all around us … as the fleets battled.” Rickety explained. Almost everyone knew what was coming … a great sea story. Half true half made up, but Rickety was a good story teller. And the whole bar listened as he told his tale.

Red looked at her crew listening to the story ... she looked at the new and old members. They were an interesting bunch. Would they come together and work as a team … or kill each other? With this group it was hard to tell. However, the one thing she did know … it was going to be fun to watch which way it would turn out!
 
Blade

As old Rickety started his tale, Blade moved close to Red, whispering in her ear, "let's just hope he doesn't bring his girl on board, that would spell trouble. And with him a self-proclaimed womanizer, it could cause even more trouble." Without warning he took Red's hand and pressed a big red ruby into her palm, folding her fingers over it before she could see what it was.

"You need a second, I think it is time you find one Red. Without a second we will never crack the rock." With that he slipped back to his previous spot and grinned as Rickety went on with his tale.
 
Thorald Deighton

Thorald gets serious and makes everybody quiet by saying:

"Mutiny and theft on the ship will be punished with death. Let's attack and get a reputation to make the enemy fear us instead of hiding like pussies. We should kill, destroy, plunder, rape and go treasure hunting on our journeys. The ship could become famous if it was called for the scarlet dragon. It's nice to have female company when I get lonely and your naked body is beautiful with long sexy legs Jabnil. I must keep my promise to my mistress and I'll be back soon."

Thorald thanks captain Red before he walks to his rented room in the inn where the naked and tierd woman sleeps. Thorald leaves the cloak on the bed and sneaks back to the pirates.
 
Blade

The fact that Thorald interupted Rickety's story already spelled trouble, but when he stated that mutiny and theft would be punished by death and left with the cloak, Blade shook his head, resting his hands on his hips. "Landlubber." He gave old Rickety a harmless grin, "Say mister Hake, why don't you continue with the ordeal before that brash, gifted, slightly foolish swordmaster return? I for one want to hear the end. Heck I'll even buy you a drink afterwards." This seemed to placate the old man, he harumphed, ran a hand over his beard and went on with his tale.

Theft are to be punished? Blade scoffed to himself, let the swordsman try and punish Blade from having a bit of fun, he would find that daggers, knives, darts, bolts hell even stones, could beat any sword...well unless its enchanted, but Blade had a cover for that as well. The easy answer was to throw hard, fast and securely, the other answer was to get inside the arch of the sword, up close and personal, there where Blades' secret blades could do their duty. He grinned to himself, oh just let Thorald try and punish him.
 
Red, Blade and the Story

Blade's pressed something into Red’s hand, it felt like a stone. Then he said something, that she could tell had strong feeling behind it. "You need a second, I think it is time you find one Red. Without a second we will never crack the rock." As she looked up at him, he had that silly sexy grin on his face.

She looked down and opened her hand. It held a large ruby. Why had Blade given it to her? Was it to help pay off the remaining squib work? Or did it have another meaning?

Her relationship with Blade had always been complicated. He was her best friend … but … there were hints at love every so often. She looked back up at him. His eyes were glued on her… and there was that special naughty twinkle in his eyes. Was this his sign … to move beyond friendship with her? Or was this his sign, he wanted to be her second? Or did he want both! The phrase "It was time for her to find one ..." repeated in her mind. She took it to mean, she needed to make the first move with the relationship.

Her fear with this relationship kicked in and she told herself "Now is not the time to confront Blade". So she slipped the gem between her cleavage. Her large breasts concealed the hidden pocket in her white top. It was another advantage of having such a big chest. It was a good place to keep values! She listened to the last part of Rickety’s story, where he out swims the attacking sharks, single handedly kills the evil sea demon and saves the three gorgeous wrenches.

“We were on t' deserted island, we had nothin' t' do but make love among the palm trees. It took three days until we were rescued and it was t' best three days o' me life ... the young ladies sucked to life out of me ... that is why I look the way I do now!!”

Everyone in the bar clapped and roared in laughter at the end of the story.

“The best telling of the tale … yet! Well done Rickety!” Red said.

The next 4 days were relaxing and good for the crew and the group of adventurers. Too bad, all that would change in the middle of the night on the start of the fifth day.
 
The Attack

For those that live far from the sea, the sea devil or water demon is an unknowable danger from the deep, used by parents as bedtime horrors to scare willful children. Or maybe inland adventurers would tell tales around the campfire, their tongues and imaginations loosened by ale. The stories would end with them bravely defeating the foul creatures. However, those that live closer to the gentle lapping of the briny sea, know how deadly these creatures are. Few have survived encounters and most of those carry the scars of the encounter. Water breathing shadow demons attack in force and usually kill all those they encounter, leaving no one to tell any the tales.

The blackness of the moonless sky was prefect for their night attack. Kracluz watched as the company sized attack force of water demon approached the village of Rickety’s Squib. The fins of the demons breaching the water every so often like a school of sharks.

“Kill the lookout and then surround the village. The first wave of attacker should come from the forest. When all the defenders are focused on the forest attack, have the rest of the company attack from the water.” Kracluz told the two subcommanders. “I want NO ONE to survive. NO ONE!”

There were nods of understanding from the two subcommanders.

The watch tower was little more than a covered platform elevated 60 feet above the jungle floor. It stood on top wooden poles and there was a crude rope ladder to access the platform. The platform was on the ridge line that hid the river's mouth from the sea. The ridge line was the reason Rickety’s Squib was so hard to find.

Lyle “One-Arm” Godwin was in his favorite position, reclined in his rope hammock, a jug of rum in his one hand, semi-sleeping. He had lost his other hand and whole arm for that matter in a battle with the Chelish Navy Marine boarding party. His pirate ship, the Sea Scum, won the battle that day, but Lyle had lost his job. He ended up at Rickety’s and found a new job. He would be the small village’s lookout, warn them of incoming vessels. Lyle was a unique combination of a smart but very lazy man. So he trained his parrot, named “Rotgut”, to call out when the bird spotted approaching ships. This allowed Lyle to spend most of his time in a rum-soused stupor. This was his condition as a small 4 demon squad approached the watch tower from below.

Rotgut had seen movement below the platform, but had not called out. There was so little light this evening that the bird had assumed the shapes moving below the platform were the local pack of wild boars rooting around for food. The parrot did not become truly alarmed until a strong odor of rotting fish reached it. The bird flapped its wings and looked about but saw nothing. A second later, the hatch to the platform sprang open and a large sea devil jumped out, followed by another and another.

“AACKKK … SEA DEVILS … SEA DEVILS” Rotgut screeched in alarm

Rotgut's alarm was just loud enough to awaken Lyle. The lookout had only seconds to react, and he threw his rum jug at the attacking demon. The clay jug smashed into the creatures bulbous head … and the alcohol splashed over it’s face, blinded it for a second. Lyle fell out of his hammock and crashed on to the platform as a trident speared the now empty bed.

“I'll rip ye gills off, ye salty, scrappy sea bass …Ye made me waste me RUM!!” Lyle threatened as he stood up and charged the biggest demon. It was a tactic the demon had not expected, most people ran from demons … not towards them. However, the demon had just enough time to raise its trident as Lyle impaled himself on it. Lyle’s one armed tackle was still effective, as the two combatants fell against the railing, broke it, and fell off the platform and landed 60 feet below with a bone breaking thud. Lyle was dead, a trident sticking out of his back, but he was lying on top of the crushed dead demon body.

The three remaining demons looked around the platform. The warning bell on the platform hung silently. No warning had gone out to the village. The demons looked to the village half a mile away. It remained quiet … everyone still sleeping. They left the watch tower totally confident of their complete surprise attack.

The demons were right everyone in the village was unaware. However, they had forgotten about ... Rotgut!!
 
OOC (this was jointly written between Kittenofdeath and myself)

Jabnil headed over to Luca’s hut in the blackness of the moonless night. She still could not believe Luca had talked her into this. He was good. She had to give him credit for that. “This had better be worth it.” Jabnil whispered to herself as she knocked quietly at his hut door.

The door opened a crack and she could see him peeking through the gap. “Took you long enough” He whispered to her. She was late and there was a little bit of anger seeping into his voice.

“I know you like looking at cracks … but unless you open this door more, I’m not going to be able to get in” Jabnil pointed out.

“Of course” Luca said with a smile and opened the door with a small bow added at the end. Jabnil entered the simple hut and turned to face Luca. There was a single candle burning inside and Luca could now see she was completely naked.

“So what do you think?” She asked making a little turn.

He seemed to be having a little trouble talking for a second. As he got a good look at Jabnil’s outfit or lack of one. He really had no idea what to say.

“I like outfit …Matches your earrings” He finally came up with out of desperation. Jabnil reached up and touched her ears.

“I’m not wearing any earring?” Jabnil reply a bit puzzled, making Luca grin.

“Jabnil … when I said I’d like to show you the naked truth about sword practice. What did you think I meant?” Luca asked.

“That you were going to show me all the sworded details … like how to thrust with a big sword … various positions to achieve the best angle for penetration … how not to become entangled … you seemed like the swing type guy … so I figured you knew all kinds of good advice.”

“Ok … have you been talking to our good Captain? … because those were really bad puns.” Luca commented.

Jabnil moved closer to him, her face an inch away, as she whispered a reply to him “You know … I forgot my swords … they talk too much anyhow … but maybe I can use yours” Luca felt Jabnil hand rubbing his crotch “It certainly is BIG enough!” She commented.

Luca heart was beating faster “Jabnil …the more I see of you, the more I think you really are an angel.. But what are you doing so far from heaven?”

Jabnil smiled as she looked into his eyes. She saw his desire … He also saw hers! She leaned in and lightly slid her soft lips against his. She pressed her spongy, voluminous breasts against his chest. He could feel her thick, engorged nipples pressing against his chest which triggered his own excitement.

“I'm no angel” Jabnil answered him and kissed him with all the passion she felt. Her kiss telling him that she wanted him and wanted him now! Luca for his part, completely agreed with the sentiment, his arms wrapping around her to pull her deeper in to the embrace and press her against the sword she would be borrowing soon, one of his hands sliding up in to her hair while the other grabbed at her perfect rump.

Though as much as Luca wanted to continue, he had to pull away, getting just enough room between Jabnil and himself to press a finger to her lips before she could capture his again, and he didn’t know if he could pull away twice. “Not yet” he spoke quickly as he tried to catch his breath after their kiss “If you are to have me, then let it be me” he took one of her hands and guided it up to beside his head, gently placing it upon the currently invisible horn that resided there “rather than an illusion.” Luca closed his eyes and let the spell fade away, his ears lengthening and his horns shimmering in to view beneath Jabnil's hand.

"Now then, unless you really must make a pun about horns, I believe you have at least one pair of lips that need some attention."
 
Last edited:
Birds ...

Jabnil could not believe her eyes. She stared at Luca’s stag horns. It was Cernunnos, the horned god and he had fooled her again! That fucker. She should have been able to detect his presence? He was a minor god after all. It must be her transformation into a human, she had lost some abilities. Well, he was not going to have his way with her!

Jabnil push Luca away.

“CERNUNNOS … HOW DARE YOU USE AN ILLUSION ON ME … YOU ARE AN ASSHOLE … ILLUSION ARE THE LOWEST FORM TRICKERY!!” Jabnil yelled. The anger in her voice could not be missed. Luca eyes went wide in a mix of shock and confusion at her reaction.

Jabnil realized no one was that good an actor, not even Cernunnos … Luca reaction was not fake … which meant it was not Cernunnos.

“You are not Cernunnos … are you?” Jabnil asked in a more quiet voice.

“No, I'm Luca” Luca answered “I’m not really sure what I am though. My parents are a mystery to me … I’m pretty sure one was a fey. I’m fey touched”

Jabnil looked harder at him “Those are stag horns … if your one Fey parent was a Satyr, they would be goat horns, If it was a Fawn Fey, they would be deer horns.” Jabnil said puzzled by Luca stag horns. Then an idea struck her.

“Maybe your father was Cernunnos. The horned god. He is the god of fertility, lust, and vegetation. He has tried to nail me a few times. The tricky, horny, no pun intended, bastard. He fucks everything. Maybe he fucked your mother … and that is where you got those horns.” Jabnil explained.

Then she moved closer to him again, her finger running across his chest “That means two things … you are part god … and” She reached down and rubbed his crotch again “Your thingy is going to be nice and big!” She said with an excited smile. “I think it is time to find out just how big I can make it!” She said as her smile got bigger and she started to undo his pants.

Rotgut’s timing had never been good and tonight was not an exception. Just before Jabnil was going to see something that would make her heart race and her mouth drool … Jabnil heard “AACKKK … SEA DEVILS … SEA DEVILS ... AACKK” as Parrot screeched the alarm through the village streets flying back and forth trying to wake people up.

“Ahhh CRAP” Jabnil said as she stopped undoing Luca pants and stood back up. She used her detect evil ability and detected more than a hundred evil creatures surrounding the village. She could tell they were shadow demons.

“AHHH Double Crap” Jabnil said “Water demons have surrounded the village … get ready for an attack Luca … Sorry I have to go!” She said and opened the hut door. And in the dim candle light Luca saw great white wings suddenly appeared on Jabnil’s back as she took off flying towards her hut.

Luca looked from where Jabnil had been to the bulge in his pants, then to the bird perched in the window "this isn't over bird" He snapped at it with a scowl before starting to ready himself for the battle to come.

"AACKKK, UNLUCKY" Luca launched himself at the window and grabbed at the air where the bird had been half a second before, death stareing the feathered bastard as it flew away. "Mark my words bird, I will get you for this." The absurdity of threatening a simple bird was lost on Luca, he was going to see to this little sea demon issue, then he would make wild crazy love to Jabnil, maybe with her wings out, maybe not, he wasn't sure yet, and then he will have his vengeance.
 
Red needs to talk about the birds and the bees to Jura?

The screeching parrot had been enough to wake up Red. She had chosen to sleep in her cabin on the ship. The bird had flown to the ship in such haste it smashed into the captain cabin’s large stern facing window. That woke Red up ... at first she could not understand what the bird was saying … then it became clear

“ACKKK Antler Man trying to kill Rotgut … ACKKKK” The Parrot screeched “Antler Man horny bastard ACKKK”

Red got out of her hammock and put on her cloth. She could tell something had greatly upset the bird. She knew Antler man must be Jura. The big minotaur had tried to … there was really no polite way to say it … sexually assault the parrot. She would need to talk to Jura about proper and healthy sexual relationships and interactions. No doubt about it … this was going to be a very awkward conversation. Her experience was men and minotaurs pretty much wanted to fuck all sorts of things. Did not matter how awful the female was or behaved, if she was hot, they wanted to fuck her. But what the minotaur saw at was sexy about a parrot, she had no clue.

She left her cabin and made her way to the ladder that leads to the Ballista Deck. There was some light from the few lanterns burning for the night watch. So when Jura massive body came out of the hatch she did not bump into him. He was completely outfitted for battle his massive axe in his hands.

“Sea Devils, those are ok to kill right?” He asked.

“Yes …” Red said a little confused by Jura question.

Suddenly the entire village was bathed in a magical light. “What??” Red gasped. She ran to the side railing of the ship to see what was going on. Looking over the dry dock walls, she could see Sea Devils coming out of the jungles in hoards! Tridents in their hands, their large mouths open and snapping ready to feed on everyone in the village!

Jabnil

Jabnil burst into the hut of Abbo Woodshaper. The man was sleeping soundly. She had worn him out earlier that evening. It was the reason she had arrived so late to Luca’s hut. But there would be no rest for the wicked tonight.

“Awake up Abbo … there are Water Demon attacking the village!” She told him as she grabbed her two swords.

Abbo’s eyes popped open, but it was so dark in the hut he could not see anything.

“What … where are you Jabnil?” He asked groggily trying to find her in the bed.

“WATER DEMONS … Attacking … arm yourself!” Jabnil repeated as she pulled her swords out of their scabbards.

“AHHHH finally … free again … I can tell The Beacon what an ASS he is” The healer said

“Your polemical declaration only substantiates your truncated intelligence. I’m not an ass, I’m a magical sword” The Beacon stated in his pompous voice.

“SHUT UP you two!” Jabnil said to the two swords “Beacon, I need some light … in fact I need this whole area lit up. Can you do that?”

“Certainly … it is one of the powers the morning god granted me” The beacon answered.

“Ok … LIGHT’EM UP!” Jabnil told the sword.

Suddenly the village was bathed in light from the night sky. The column of light hit just the village. It was like a very large flash light was pointed just at the village. The light was not intense … but the sudden change from the pitch darkness to the light might cause someone to blink their eyes until it adjusted to the new light levels.

The new light also allowed Abbo to notice Jabnil beautiful white wings.

“You are an angel!” Abbo gasped to Jabnil.

An evil smile spread across Jabnil lips as she said her in favorite new line “I’m no angel!” and she stepped out of the hut and leapt into the air. The Healer felt she just had to say one thing more “Honey … must you always go around naked … even into battle?”

Jabnil realized she was completely naked, but there had not been time to put on clothing.

“I have a plan to fix that problem” Jabnil declared with confidence as she drove down and landed behind a group of Sea Devils. “Hi Boys …” She said with a smile as her swords ripped open the backs of two of them … their black blood spraying over her naked body. It was not exactly clothing … more like body paint, but it did hide some of her naughty bits.
 
There was one thought going through Lucas mind, and surprisingly, it was neither a fantasy of Jabnil and Captain Red in a pillow fight, a common thought for him over the past few days, nor the implications of the idea that his farther might have been a god, the Fey had always treated him with respect he guessed, but a god? That was unlikely enough that he didn’t need to care about it right now. No, the thought going through his mind was a simple phrase that he often found himself thinking at times like this. Same shit, different day.

Did Luca bring it on himself? He knew he sought out trouble as a means of entertainment, and it was true that he would often not address problems he had escaped from, assuming that they wouldn’t follow him, but surely that didn’t mean it was his fault this stuff kept happening.

The beam of light brought him out of the contemplation he had been in while walking to the middle of town, someone had solved one of the problems the town would face, that problem being the weakness of the human eye compered to the denizens of the deep sea. The next thing that needed to be addressed, was the current state of most of the townsfolk, namely that many of them were asleep, but Luca had a solution to that.

He focused and called forth a spectral hunting horn in to his hand, it was a beauty to behold, a semi translucent white horn gilded with wood so polished it looked like dark gold. Luca brought it to his lips and with a great breath he let out a note that easily covered the town and probably the whole island. “If that doesn’t wake them, neither will a trident to the gut” mused Luca as he dropped the horn, the resplendent instrument fading to nothingness before it hit the ground.

That done, Luca stopped and listened, while he fully believed there were sea demons about, he hadn’t seen any yet, so he didn’t actually know where they were “The forest? That cant be right” it didn’t make sense, the beats were called sea demons, not forest demons, they were meant to attack from the... “Oh I see, very sneaky” Luca turned and looked down at the port, if he was right than this was just a feint and the port was probably about to be attacked as well, on the other hand, if he was wrong and ran down there anyway, he would be effectively wasting himself down there. Luca cursed under his breath and ran off towards the port, if nothing else he would get down there and warn them before meeting up to repel the forest assault.
 
Jabnil

Jabnil felt good to be back in combat against evil. This was what she had always done in her old life. Swing her swords and decapitating her evil foes. But something was not quite right. She noticed when she tried her “great cleave” move, one of her signature moves by the way, her sword only went part of the way through the water demon’s head. Before her change into a human she would have cut the fiend completely in half. She had adjusted for her new height, but she was missing the needed strength.

There were other problems as well. A trident had cut her fore arm. When she had been a Solar Angel a weapon like that would have never even scratched her. She was also growing tried and her regeneration ability was not working.

As she twisted and gave a small wing flap to dodged a trident aimed at her head, she gathered the courage to ask her swords about her concerns.

“Beacon and Healer, I’m having a great time … but something is wrong, my blows are missing their usual punch … Am I out of practice or something?” She asked

“Weren’t you listening when Targas was talking to you? You are a human now with some weak-ass, silly wings, bitch. Get use to it” The healer told her.

“What my low-brow cohort is endeavoring to say with volubleness is you are mortal, with the strength of a …” The Beacon said until he was thrust into the belly of the Water Demon and his words were cut off.

“So … I’m just a human woman with wings surrounded by evil and powerful water demons?” Jabnil asked

“That’s right … you are a quick learner” The Healer said her voice dripping with mockery. The beacon said nothing ... as he was just dripping (black demon blood).

“SHIT” Jabnil gasped. She had been involved in many battles with humans. Everyone remembers the hero defeating the evil monster but that only happened 1 time out of 100 or 1000. Humans were more like the local rabbit population. They breed fast, and provided food for all the predators!

Red and her poem

Red and Jura with great help from that magical horn blast had rallied the 25% of the crew still on the ship into a fighting force. They were joined by Reaver and Flitter. The four of them lead the men forming a defensive line to protect the dry dock area. The force was large enough the water demon attacking from the jungle needed to engage it or risk being attacked from behind.

Thus Red found herself in a heated sword battle against two of the rotten fish smelling demons. Jura was not far away. She was using her cutlass to block attacks from the two demons, but it did not provide her an opportunity to go on the offensive.

“NOW is the perfect time for a poem!” Red called out to Jura, who had just finished cleaving a demon in half.

“WHAT?” Jura asked her statement not registering right away. When it did register he shouted “NO”

Red smiled as her cutlass finally was able to get past a trident and cut deeply into one of the demon’s legs. She used a kick to that demon’s head to make it stumble into the other demon. With its back exposure Red finished it off with a stab.

Then she began her poem to the horror of all those that could hear it.

“My body is bodacious,
My cutlass is fine
My poem is atrocious,
I just cut your spine.”

The other demon was now attacking her wildly as she dodged and ducked. Her sword now finding its marks as black blood sprayed from the demon.

“My heart is pounding and pumping
My cutlass is stabbing and slashing,
I am rounding and I am jumping
I am jabbing and I am smashing “

On smashing, she used her free hand to punch the demon in one of its bulbous eyes.

“My head held high,
My cutlass held low,
I refuse to die,
as I deliver a blow”

On blow Red ended the demon existence in this plane … stabbing it right through the heart. Her victory was short lived as three more demons moved in to stop her... and her foul poem!

“So hit me with your worst,
I'm not the least afraid,
For my poems are cursed,
So here eat my blade …”

Before Red could deliver her blade, Jura lost it. With a mighty roar which drowned out any more of the awful poem, he spewed out his breath weapon, a massive jet of acid. His aim was pure covering 5 demons including the three attacking Red. The demons skin bubbled and hissed as the acid burn right through it. The demons were so busy screaming in pain that Red and Jura killed them off in seconds.
 
Last edited:
Blade

He had spent his time well, learned more about the thieves' guild and that indeed Artus was not part of the guild anymore. He learned of renewed water demon attacks, whole crews wiped out with the vessels they were on, floating aimlessly. He also learned of reinforcements made on the Rock, more crew, thicker walls, more watch towers. Seemed like they were expecting big trouble. He spent his evenings sleeping as close to Red as he could get, never being obvious of course. He had also spent his week doing what he did best...no not throwing blades, but taking in as much of Red's personality and body as he could.

When the horn sounded, he was in his hammock, grabbing a sheath of throwing darts, he strapped it to his belt and practically jumped from the crow's nest. Yup he was sleeping on their ship, he knew that with Jura practically shadowing Red, even when she slept, she was safe for the four to six hours he slept. Using a rope, he swung towards the prow and landed lightly. Moments later he was in the thick of things, blades gleaming dully as they dripped demon blood. Using his agility and speed, he was never cornered and made sure that he didn't run out of blades to throw.

Well of course it was a docking area so throwing tools was quite in abundance, he finally caught up with Red and Jura, just as Jura blasted the demons with acid. "Well this is fun, seems like these fuckers are really hell-bent on killing us all."
 
Amlugeth wandered the village and watched the pirates. She had most of them figured out to how they ranked on the ship. She also noticed that they all respected Red very much, but the one guy, the one who came out of the kitchen that night, he cared for Red much more than the others. He didn't let her know it or anyone else, he stayed aloof and was either in the shadows or on the crow's nest of the ship, but he was always watching out for Red. Jabnil was being her usual slutty self and being sexual with as many men as she could, she didn't care and of course the men wouldn't either. This evening she watched Jabnil go over to Luca's hut after spending a bit of time with Abbo in his hut. Amlugeth had not seen any more of the man with the naked woman waiting for him since Jabnil gave him her cloak, she was still not too sure about him.

As she approached the boarding house she was staying at Amlugeth thought she saw something in the shadows, but nothing moved again so she figured it was just the leaves in the wind. She went up to her room. She removed her cloak and started to take off her daggers when she thought she heard a noise outside. She went to the window and saw Jabnil running buck naked to Abbo's house. "Guess she and Luca didn't hit it off so well after all." she said to herself. Just as she was starting to turn away from the window she noticed a light shoot out of Abbo's house and light up the whole village. "What is she doing?" Amlugeth wondered and then saw on the edge of the woods the water demons! "Oh shit!" she exclaimed as she quickly fastened her daggers back on her belt and secured it again. She grabbed her cloak as she headed out the door. Stealth has always been her advantage so she kept to the shadows and as a water demon passed by her she stepped out behind it and plunged her dagger deep into it heart. She quickly pulled it out as the water demon started to fall. Amlugeth knew she wouldn't be able to stay in the shadows for long, but she would do so as long as possible. She killed four more water demons before she was no longer able to hide back into the shadows. There were demons all around now and she just had to plunge forward. She saw Jabnil fighting and talking. Was she talking to the water demons? No, she was talking to her swords again! She is a very peculiar person and it would be interesting to learn more about her and where she came from, but no time for that right now. A demon came up behind Amlugeth and she ducked down just as it swung its sword at her neck. As she raised back up she plunged her dagger right into the demon's sternum and pushed upwards towards the heart. As the dagger went deeper into the demon she took her other hand with her second dagger and stabbed it into the side of the demon and pulled downward. This way even if she didn't hit the heart it would definitely bleed out!

As both daggers were stuck in the first demon, Amlugeth saw a second demon heading over to help. She used the daggers to balance and kicked out towards the second demon sending him stumbling back. By the time he got his balance and started towards her again, she had pulled both daggers out of the now dead demon and had them ready to attack her new foe.
 
Back
Top