Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > Authors' Hangout

Old 02-17-2019, 01:20 PM   #76
SimonDoom
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotWise View Post
At least recent pages still exist, but I don't think they're linked anywhere on the site. I've been able to find some using Google.

You can find the link that Chloe provided by googling "Geek Pride Day" site:Literotica.com and scanning down the list.
Thank you! Very helpful. I think it's odd that there's no archive of past events and contests one easily can link to at this site.

Old 02-17-2019, 05:11 PM   #77
rutger5
Really Really Experienced

Question

If a sideshow geek were to become aroused biting the heads off chickens would it count as snuff?
Asking for a friend.

Stuff I write: https://www.literotica.com/stories/m...ge=submissions

Fate
Up against your will

Old 02-17-2019, 05:13 PM   #78
JanusGoneAwry
Really Experienced

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutger5 View Post
If a sideshow geek were to become aroused biting the heads off chickens would it count as snuff?
Asking for a friend.
Only if your friend is, in fact, a chicken him/herself

― Oscar Wilde, The Happy Prince and Other Stories

~ ~ ~ My innocuous musings ~ ~ ~

Old 02-17-2019, 05:30 PM   #79
Hypoxia
doesn't watch television

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutger5 View Post
Only if they're talking chickens. Decapitating Foghorn Leghorn would be murder -- it's snuff if Elmer Fudd's pud is spewing up the bird's cloaca at the time. But it's legal in Alabama.

Sideshow geeks are a specialized corp with conventions and classes where they gather to compare and perfect various head-biting techniques. Teeth are filed to razor sharpness. Tongues waggle. Love blossoms. Visualize the orgies.

Old 02-18-2019, 10:27 AM   #80
Etaski
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonDoom View Post
Thank you! Very helpful. I think it's odd that there's no archive of past events and contests one easily can link to at this site.
Probably not initially designed for it and a bit hard to incorporate...

But I have found "Favoriting" Literotica as a Favorite Author is helpful for reference and for seeing new announcements on my account feed without having to dig too deep into forums and such. Sometimes it's my "go-to" when I want to browse and try something new.

I write in Sci-Fi & Fantasy settings and characters are often non-human. The action runs from consent to non-consent to BDSM to group sex and more. Variety is the spice of life. My Stories

Old 02-18-2019, 10:49 AM   #81
SimonDoom
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etaski View Post
Probably not initially designed for it and a bit hard to incorporate...

But I have found "Favoriting" Literotica as a Favorite Author is helpful for reference and for seeing new announcements on my account feed without having to dig too deep into forums and such. Sometimes it's my "go-to" when I want to browse and try something new.
Thank you. I did that.

Old 02-18-2019, 12:14 PM   #82
Voboy
Literotica Guru

I think I just might have an idea for the geeks...

Lust. Sex. Terraforming. Not in that order.

I’m in!

Old 02-18-2019, 05:23 PM   #83
Hypoxia
doesn't watch television

Maybe an April Fool on the job in a geek's night in Heidelberg. Could I submit that story in all four events?

Old 02-19-2019, 10:36 AM   #84
ChloeTzang
Literotica Guru

Yaaaaaay!

The Geek Pride Story Event Announcement is up on the Sci-Fi/Fantasy Category Story listings. We are officially up up and away....

Get Geeking, Guys! And Gurls! And Any Aliens ...

Chloe's latest is Never Ending Love", the first of the "Tales from Old Shanghai" series and you can also find it in the 2019 Valentines Day Competition
All of Chloe Tzang's stories can be found here
Chloe supports our Veterans by drinking Black Rifle Coffee
Aaaaand... Chloe's first actual published short story ("Blood Sacrifice") now available on Amazon as part of the Sex and Sorcery 4 anthology
And Chloe's first novel, "Mistaken Identity", is also now available (on that website that sells books)

Old 02-19-2019, 10:45 AM   #85
ChloeTzang
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonDoom View Post
This is probably the most useful link for looking at all the past events.

Chloe's latest is Never Ending Love", the first of the "Tales from Old Shanghai" series and you can also find it in the 2019 Valentines Day Competition
Aaaaand... Chloe's first actual published short story ("Blood Sacrifice") now available on Amazon as part of the Sex and Sorcery 4 anthology
And Chloe's first novel, "Mistaken Identity", is also now available (on that website that sells books)

Old 02-19-2019, 11:26 AM   #86
Blind_Justice
Literotica Guru

I've had a link to the Geek Pride 2018 master list in my sig until this morning

Twin Suns Of Atlantis: Dorgon
Gladiator and princess team up to topple an evil empire

My stuff on Lit
Blind_Justice on Patreon

Old 02-19-2019, 08:40 PM   #87
Etaski
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChloeTzang View Post
Yaaaaaay!

We are officially up up and away....
I think I just beta-read the first completed entry for this year...from an established gent I'd invited last year. ;P The lad finally caught up with his own tale.

It's a lovely story. I hope he enters it. I'll ask him if it's okay to add his name/working title to your list, Chloe.

I write in Sci-Fi & Fantasy settings and characters are often non-human. The action runs from consent to non-consent to BDSM to group sex and more. Variety is the spice of life. My Stories

Old 02-19-2019, 09:12 PM   #88
ChloeTzang
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etaski View Post
I think I just beta-read the first completed entry for this year...from an established gent I'd invited last year. ;P The lad finally caught up with his own tale.

It's a lovely story. I hope he enters it. I'll ask him if it's okay to add his name/working title to your list, Chloe.
It'd be great if he would consider it

Old 02-20-2019, 07:27 AM   #89
Etaski
Literotica Guru

He said 'yes' and could I relay it. please.

So, yay! The first story reported complete for the event!

Dark Pulse:

"One Small Gift"

Around 15K words

Old 02-20-2019, 07:35 PM   #90
Hypoxia
doesn't watch television

I'm still at a geeky starting-gate, no steps forward yet. Bare prospects:

* Chicken-biting sideshow geeks fall in love when rival carnivals collide.
* Costume geek finds her perfect Galahad but he's gay, must be turned.
* Electro-music geek writes perfect system that materializes foxy lovers.
* Clerk disguises shoe geekiness as foot fetish, finds a 12-toed soulmate.
* Mass hilarity at annual pencil-necked geek convention in Ft Lauderdale.
* Nanotechnology geek builds micro-world, descends as a horny deity.
* Steam-engine geek builds silent gyroplane, swoops over nudist camps.
* Techno-geek's cosplay duds turn wearers into super-heroes or -villains.

But nothing is jelling. Bother.

Old 02-20-2019, 07:59 PM   #91
Voboy
Literotica Guru

I just started mine today. Colonists on a new planet. They’re pioneers, so their basic job is to chill out and breed so the second wave will have something to fuck when they arrive in twenty years. One of the men (but only one) can’t seem to get the job done, ahem. He’s tried every woman in the colony, but no go.

So the apprentice surgeon has just turned 18, making her eligible to breed too, but she’s not obligated since she’s a medical person. The existing colony doctor suggests she give it a try with the hapless male. She’s debating whether to do it.

If she does, and he gets her preggers, she needs to have the kid. But if she doesn’t, he gets banished or “recycled” (I haven’t decided which) because there’s no point in having him around.

Dilemma.

That’s the basic premise. We’ll see where it goes.

Old 02-20-2019, 09:46 PM   #92
gunhilltrain

I was thinking about a story in which two people bond around a hobby - no high concept, supernatural, or science fiction elements. I'll have to think about it a bit.

I guess most hobbies - well not drag racing or big game hunting - are a bit geeky. There could be stories involving the latter subjects but not in this category.

Old 02-20-2019, 09:58 PM   #93
NotWise
Snipe hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunhilltrain View Post
I was thinking about a story in which two people bond around a hobby - no high concept, supernatural, or science fiction elements. I'll have to think about it a bit.

I guess most hobbies - well not drag racing or big game hunting - are a bit geeky. There could be stories involving the latter subjects but not in this category.
Model railroading? They can put on engineer's hats and get snuggly over the replica railway tunnel.

My current project is "Wolves of Winter." Its a neo-western romance that will be done someday. I swear.

Love is Enough, is a sentimental ghost story about two flappers haunting an old theater, and what an aspiring playwright does for them.

My Holiday Contest entry is A Christmas Tart. It's a tale of true love and blackmail.

Old 02-20-2019, 09:59 PM   #94
Etaski
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Oh ye of little faith.

Have you read any Patrick F. McManus humor books?

Never a more geeky description than Pat's story about catching his First Deer.

Granted, maybe not easy erotic there, but game hunters and fishers telling stories about their hobby still sounds a lot like the D&D gamers telling stories about their characters' achievements. We're all human.

Old 02-20-2019, 10:58 PM   #95
Hypoxia
doesn't watch television

Quote:
Model railroading? They can put on engineer's hats and get snuggly over the replica railway tunnel.
Shall I admit that my dad built vast scenicked HO layouts? And that I aspired to model the old Pacific Coast Lines? That railway included mule-drawn, and port-loaded, and mainline tracks, perfect for any compulsive-obsessive seeking addle-brained authenticity.

Railroads were 19th-century drone-nets, delivering everywhere. California's Big Four (Stanford, Crocker, Huntington, Hopkins) were the Jobs, Gates, Ellison, Bezos of the time. What goes around, comes around. I read that somewhere.

PS: Oh yeah, geeks. I probably won't bother. But I'll comment. Beware.

Old 02-20-2019, 11:52 PM   #96
gunhilltrain

Quote:
Pretty close actually: I was thinking of a railroad or streetcar museum. Most of them have equipment they operate as well as display. It's model railroading at full scale.

https://www.oerm.org/

https://trolleymuseum.org/

Old 02-21-2019, 01:09 AM   #97
JerseyGirlDownUnder
Experienced

Quote:
Pretty close actually: I was thinking of a railroad or streetcar museum. Most of them have equipment they operate as well as display. It's model railroading at full scale.

https://www.oerm.org/

https://trolleymuseum.org/
Oh yes. That's where mine is going. Geeks go on a date to the Powerhouse Museum (officially now the Museum of Applied Arts & Sciences, https://maas.museum/powerhouse-museum/) to see the Boulton and Watt steam engine. When locked in the museum overnight, the geeky engineer gets creative with adapting the 1/12 scale model to more erotic purposes. I've already got my favourite engineer drawing up blueprint plans -- it might be an illustrated story

Maybe your pair could come along and go on a double-date! They've got tons of transport exhibits.

Old 02-21-2019, 07:27 AM   #98
jsmiam
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChloeTzang View Post
I modified the theme for the event slightly. As long as it's geeky, it's good and you don't get much more geeky than Star Trek
Great change. The sci-fi only rule from last time was an affront to geeks everywhere (at least on earth).
My stories on lit -- Personal blog and other stories - https://j2two.wordpress.com -- Accepting pics for my signature so i can say in a squeaky voice, "I'm squeezing your boooob, I'm squeezing your boooob!" (or booty) - L-R, Tiamo15, LauraWilling (recognition by their permission)

Old 02-21-2019, 08:08 AM   #99
SimonDoom
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypoxia View Post
Shall I admit that my dad built vast scenicked HO layouts? And that I aspired to model the old Pacific Coast Lines? That railway included mule-drawn, and port-loaded, and mainline tracks, perfect for any compulsive-obsessive seeking addle-brained authenticity.

Railroads were 19th-century drone-nets, delivering everywhere. California's Big Four (Stanford, Crocker, Huntington, Hopkins) were the Jobs, Gates, Ellison, Bezos of the time. What goes around, comes around. I read that somewhere.

PS: Oh yeah, geeks. I probably won't bother. But I'll comment. Beware.
I had an HO layout many years ago. A small one. Definitely a good geek activity -- grown men letting themselves become obsessed with watching model trains go around a table. Not a very sexy geek activity, though.

Old 02-21-2019, 09:36 AM   #100
gunhilltrain

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirlDownUnder View Post
Oh yes. That's where mine is going. Geeks go on a date to the Powerhouse Museum (officially now the Museum of Applied Arts & Sciences, https://maas.museum/powerhouse-museum/) to see the Boulton and Watt steam engine. When locked in the museum overnight, the geeky engineer gets creative with adapting the 1/12 scale model to more erotic purposes. I've already got my favourite engineer drawing up blueprint plans -- it might be an illustrated story

Maybe your pair could come along and go on a double-date! They've got tons of transport exhibits.
Okay, Sydney - there are a surprising number of these places in different parts of the world. I was thinking they'd be volunteers rather than visitors - many of these museums depend on volunteer labor to survive. Some of them "qualify" or train to operate streetcars and subway cars along a mile or two of track.

https://trolleymuseum.org/support/volunteer/