No Cuckold Section for Stories

Real memoir IS nonfiction. There's a category of fictional memoir, but memoir itself is nonfiction.

Allow me to rephrase, memoir is not autobiography. Memoir is subjective, it is a telling of memories, not objective fact. In my opinion, it occupies a halfway position between fiction and non-fiction.

It's classified as nonfiction. Autobiography is also classified as nonfiction. There are fictional memoir/biography/autobiography and fictional history categories now, added in the last century (sometimes termed "creative nonfiction"), but authors don't get to vote on where books are shelved. Sometimes such books are found to be so much off the perceived facts that they get recategorized, but that doesn't change the shelving definitions of the categories.

Last edited:
It's classified as nonfiction. Autobiography is also classified as nonfiction. There are fictional memoir/biography/autobiography and fictional history categories now, added in the last century, but authors don't get to vote on where books are shelved. Sometimes such books are found to be so much off the perceived facts that they get recategorized, but that doesn't change the shelving definitions of the categories.

I don't see it that way, to me it is wholly neither, therefore it exists as it's own category. But I take your point.

Three out of your six LW stories have a 4+ score, including one 4.38. By LW standards, that's practically a standing ovation.

The only one I checked out was your lowest-rated LW story (the only sub-3 one), which turned out to be about a submissive husband with a 'small penis humiliation' fetish, whose dominant wife made him suck cocks, then sent pictures of him sucking cocks to all of his friends and family, claiming that she discovered he was secretly gay because his small penis couldn't satisfy women, after which it's implied she divorced him.

I have my doubts that the English language is capable of producing a disclaimer sufficient for this story to escape negative feedback, if posted in the more general categories.

To be honest, my reaction, when seeing a story like this that's so deeply into dominance, submission, and emotional sadomasochism, but posted somewhere other than BDSM, is that the author is clearly just trolling because he wants angry comments.

I appreciate your feedback, but no, I don’t want negative feedback. It is (they are) true stories so I don’t alter the content to suit readers. They either enjoy my escapades or they don’t. I guess I’ll revert back to posting in the best place I can determine and, like many have said, delete the rude comments. It is strange to me that someone would comment on a story that they say isn’t even worth reading? So why do they read every little detail? I have to think that somewhere deep inside they a more like me than they can admit.

I think that's a pretty good idea. I also agree with those who say the biggest omission of a category is Bisexual. I'd also like to see categories for Memoir (memoir is NOT non-fiction) and Sex Work.

So far I've found that the "memoirs" I've written (three of them) fit well enough in Reviews and Essays. I've broadly interpreted "essays" as covering most non-fiction. (Two of the memoirs contained no sexual content although one of them had a brief critique of Charlton Heston's romantic techniques as a leading man!)

I guess there is a distinction between memoir and autobiography but it's somewhat fuzzy. I would think almost anything autobiographical is going to contain some subjective views. (That's not the same as just making up stuff.)

Sex Work seems like it would be a useful category.

Last edited:
I guess there is a distinction between memoir and autobiography but it's somewhat fuzzy. I would think almost anything autobiographical is going to contain some subjective views. (That's not the same as just making up stuff.)

An autobiography should be more comprehensive, both in timespan and full context, than a memoir. In the mainstream, I stepped back from memoir even and did a "memories" book, which was composed of vignettes of selective significant events and influences and composed of original essays plus appropriate short stories and poems illuminating events in my life. The erotica one I did as habu, Flying High; Diving Deep, falls into the selective, fictional history category, as it emphasizes and accentuates the sexual positive aspects. (As can be seen from the cover below, it was billed as a "factional memoir"--not a recognized category that I know of). It does cover the chronology (and as I noted in another thread, a Lit. poster ID'd me from what was in that); it just cleans up and glorifies actual experiences.

913QPak9WoL.SR160,240_BG243,243,243.jpg

Last edited:
Sex Work seems like it would be a useful category.

Which would give me gas yet again. Such a category would be claimed as sole hetero territory (by the readers) and probably more than half of my GM stories, employing an unabashed male prostitute, would still only be accepted in the single GM category here.

Which would give me gas yet again. Such a category would be claimed as sole hetero territory (by the readers) and probably more than half of my GM stories, employing an unabashed male prostitute, would still only be accepted in the single GM category here.

Lit; It's readers and it's writers are just a part and reflection of the bigger society. What you said is, unfortunately true. However, it reflects the same unfortunate truth within the bigger society as well. The only good news is that acceptance of LGBTQ people is a lot better than it was even just a few decades in the past. IMO, the old white guys are getting old and older...and will soon be history...wife beaters share the same destiny. I truly believe that things will continue to change for the better in regard to acceptance of the diversity of human sexuality.

In the meantime, thank goodness for the GM and Trans categories (and the brave authors who write cuckold tales).

Here's the thing I don't understand about folks who hate cuck stories and/or the lifestyle that it portrays; Not all males are dominant. Often in the 'gay world' such men are more prone to the bottom role (no absolutes in any human trait). Not all women are submissive. Humanity isn't a one size fits all in any way. Diversity is the way of the Universe - full stop/period/no arguments entertained...it's a fact.

Now, given that; It would seem that a truly dominant man who is confident in himself would not need to get angry and all riled up over a sub male. What's the point? If he and his wife are happy in the arrangement, why not join in and have some fun? Where's the threat to my manhood if Ralph over there sucks a cock in front of his wife?

I guess I just don't understand the point of going to all the trouble to track down the offenders who might publish a story and then try to intimidate them. I actually wish some of them would chime in here and clue us in...seriously, what's the point?

As a cuckold with a loving wife. I think I’ll leave it in the LW catagory. Since my writings are experiences that I have lived out, and not fiction, I can’t use that either. I truly enjoy being a cuckold and she REALLY enjoys having “real men” on occasion, it works for us.
Thanks.

My husband just recently posted our first "date" story in LW. He flashed the actual 2 hours of our meeting and was constructively told he needed to tell the entire story. So it was a good sign to him that folks wanted to read it all. So he wrote the 'prequel' and postscript and it was too fairly well received. Both hovered around 3's which is what he expected with the 1's and the 5's cancelling each other out.

There were still questions and details wanted so back to the drawing board and he compiled the two parts adding additional details we'd both skimmed over in our memory. It is also hovering around 3's.

Like you he will continue to post our 'real adventures' in LW. Comments be damned. :D

I appreciate your feedback, but no, I don’t want negative feedback. It is (they are) true stories so I don’t alter the content to suit readers. They either enjoy my escapades or they don’t. I guess I’ll revert back to posting in the best place I can determine and, like many have said, delete the rude comments. It is strange to me that someone would comment on a story that they say isn’t even worth reading? So why do they read every little detail? I have to think that somewhere deep inside they a more like me than they can admit.

You must understand that for these commenters, Commenting *IS* the kink they enjoy.. Why on earth would somebody read story after story after story and comment about how disgusting and bad and naughty it is, so bad they had to read it fifty times and masturbate till their skin was raw?

Obviously something is not as it appears.

It is simply not possible for someone to mistakenly end up at the wrong story and genre over and over and over. Unless that is precisely what they wanted.

So take their fake hate for exactly what it is: a complement for a job well done. A job done so well they had to read it 50 times to make sure.

Well, ultimately my thing is, I write stories that I intend for people to read...and enjoy. And part of that is knowing my audience and what they like and what they expect. If I write something and people dislike it, or worse, are actually offended by it, then I have failed. So I personally would not write a story that contained any cuckolding or forced bi/female domination scenarios and publish it in "loving wives" because that audience would find such material offensive and/or disagreeable.

But I say that, is knowing what I now know. When I first started publishing stories on here a couple years ago, I did, in fact, actually make that beginner's mistake. And I admitted that yes, it was a mistake- the story in question contained scenes of female domination and willful cuckolding and should not have been published as a "loving wives" story. A lot of people were offended by it, and looking back, I totally understand why. I apologized, had the story removed (yes it's gone), learned my lesson, and moved on.

So with that said, I do think there is an audience who would appreciate "hot wife"/willful cuckold stories, but(obviously) that the "loving wives" section is not the right place for those stories. If there is no such category then perhaps they would best be served in either a BDSM/Femdom or fetish category, with the appropriate story tags and disclaimers.

If I write something and people dislike it, or worse, are actually offended by it, then I have failed.

You got their attention.

So I personally would not write a story that contained any cuckolding or forced bi/female domination scenarios and publish it in "loving wives" because that audience would find such material offensive and/or disagreeable.

Fuggem.

And I admitted that yes, it was a mistake- the story in question contained scenes of female domination and willful cuckolding and should not have been published as a "loving wives" story.

Bullshit.

A lot of people were offended by it, and looking back, I totally understand why. I apologized, had the story removed (yes it's gone), learned my lesson, and moved on.

You caved. You chickened out. You let the turds win.

So with that said, I do think there is an audience who would appreciate "hot wife"/willful cuckold stories, but(obviously) that the "loving wives" section is not the right place for those stories.

Bullshit (again).

So there!!!

21.jpg

Well, ultimately my thing is, I write stories that I intend for people to read...and enjoy. And part of that is knowing my audience and what they like and what they expect. If I write something and people dislike it, or worse, are actually offended by it, then I have failed. So I personally would not write a story that contained any cuckolding or forced bi/female domination scenarios and publish it in "loving wives" because that audience would find such material offensive and/or disagreeable.

But . . . but . . . you post BDSM stories here and that's a category of story that a whole lot of people dislike and/or are offended by. I don't think the "you can please all of the readers all of the time" approach is going to serve you very well at Literotica. I see a whole lot of failure in your perception of the future for you here.

But I say that, is knowing what I now know. When I first started publishing stories on here a couple years ago, I did, in fact, actually make that beginner's mistake. And I admitted that yes, it was a mistake- the story in question contained scenes of female domination and willful cuckolding and should not have been published as a "loving wives" story. A lot of people were offended by it, and looking back, I totally understand why. I apologized, had the story removed (yes it's gone), learned my lesson, and moved on.

So with that said, I do think there is an audience who would appreciate "hot wife"/willful cuckold stories, but(obviously) that the "loving wives" section is not the right place for those stories. If there is no such category then perhaps they would best be served in either a BDSM/Femdom or fetish category, with the appropriate story tags and disclaimers.

I wouldn't call it a beginner's mistake, except that you let the LW natives stampede you away. I don't much care for cuck stories but LW is the proper place for them, as is cheating, reconciliation and BTB. All have their cheerleaders and all have their enemies.

Ignore the ones that don't like what you're writing. I get plenty of flack for LW and my advice is for them to move along and find an author they like. Plenty of good ones out there.

I do hear what you are saying.

Thing is, I think I have a very different reason for writing than some people. I do this not just to entertain myself, or get my own jollies posting lurid sexual fantasies, but to entertain others. I want to write something that I know people will dig, not that will just be viewed as controversial at best.

The thing is, I don't WANT to be provocative or controversial, but rather, I want to write a good story that people enjoy. To a certain extent, yeah I get the whole "to heck with them if they don't like it, you cant please everybody, etc" philosophy. I mean, that's cool, to an extent. But at the same time, why poke a stick at the hornets nest, so to speak, and publish something you know is only going to piss people off? It's just not what I really aim to do. But that's just me.

Yes I do have a couple BDSM stories published on the site but to be honest, I actually kind of regret posting those. They were a bit too personal and yes, too controversial (in my opinion, as well as most people's opinion) for the type of written work I really want to focus on. I'm really trying to focus more on "vanilla"-flavored sci-fi and fantasy type stories, actually- the one I am working on currently (will post it probably in the next few weeks) will have some sex scenes in it but it will primarily be sci-fi based.

seriously, what's the point?

I'd agree with you on the "eh, it takes all kinds; your fetish doesn't have to be my fetish, and vice versa" thing. I've read, enjoyed, and literally nominated elsewhere for an award a Lit story about a submissive bisexual man married to a wife exploring her dominant side, despite none of that being my kink.

Why? Because it was a well-written story. I think a story can be good whether or not I'm personally a good match for the protagonist, and if you only read stories about people like you, you'll end up missing out on a lot of good stories.

... on the other hand, a lot of what's posted here isn't what I'd be willing to call a "story". It's intended purely as masturbatory fodder for someone whose kinks precisely match yours, and completely worthless for any other purpose.

I'll post feedback to stories (always signed, of course) that is sometimes critical, usually on whether I think the plot or character actions made sense. I won't bother posting feedback on masturbatory fodder, beyond maybe attempting to direct them to a category with an audience more likely to want to masturbate to their offerings, because what's the point?

But, yeah, sometimes even I'll find a story that pushes just the right button for irritated feedback, which happened just recently. It was a flash story with the theme being that if a husband refused to stay married to a wife in an ongoing affair, and the wife then committed suicide because she couldn't bear to give up either man, that her death was all the husband's fault.

Reading the story took less than a minute of my life I won't get back; it took ~10 seconds to post that I found that way of looking at suicide repugnant. The person wrote a story that caused negative emotions; I wanted to express those negative emotions, and that was it. If it hadn't happened just minutes before I started this post, I doubt I would have remembered it sufficiently to track the story down.

I think authors often make way too much out of comments. I find completely uncomprehensible the "He said that he doesn't want to read about guys sucking cocks; that means that he's secretly gay!" reaction, which strikes me as somewhere between a junior-high mentality and WTF.

If someone posts that they think a story is a piece of shit, that doesn't mean that they read it 50 times while masturbating furiously. It probably just means that they thought it was a piece of shit.

It probably also simply means they were irritated enough (probably both at the author and themselves) for not realizing ahead of time that they were wasting their time on the story, and wanted to pass the negative feeling they had back to the author, and then they moved on.

All told, it probably took less than a minute out of their life, and it would be a mistake to think that they gave your story any more weight than that, as would in turn giving their comment any more weight than that.

I'd agree with you on the "eh, it takes all kinds; your fetish doesn't have to be my fetish, and vice versa" thing. I've read, enjoyed, and literally nominated elsewhere for an award a Lit story about a submissive bisexual man married to a wife exploring her dominant side, despite none of that being my kink.

Why? Because it was a well-written story. I think a story can be good whether or not I'm personally a good match for the protagonist, and if you only read stories about people like you, you'll end up missing out on a lot of good stories.....

But, yeah, sometimes even I'll find a story that pushes just the right button for irritated feedback, which happened just recently. It was a flash story with the theme being that if a husband refused to stay married to a wife in an ongoing affair, and the wife then committed suicide because she couldn't bear to give up either man, that her death was all the husband's fault.

Reading the story took less than a minute of my life I won't get back; it took ~10 seconds to post that I found that way of looking at suicide repugnant...

I think the difference here is that you sometimes happen to stumble into a story that is really poorly executed...whereas, the army of "Cuck Hunters" has a completely different agenda. Based on what many have said, and/or experienced, there is a coordinated and intentional attack of comments and down voting that takes place. Titles and disclaimers/warnings do little except make the targets easier to find. This behavior is what is difficult to fully and properly understand, IMO. We all wish every reader would be as open minded as you, but it's the real world and it never fails to amaze ;)

You must understand that for these commenters, Commenting *IS* the kink they enjoy.. Why on earth would somebody read story after story after story and comment about how disgusting and bad and naughty it is, so bad they had to read it fifty times and masturbate till their skin was raw?

Obviously something is not as it appears.

It is simply not possible for someone to mistakenly end up at the wrong story and genre over and over and over. Unless that is precisely what they wanted.

So take their fake hate for exactly what it is: a complement for a job well done. A job done so well they had to read it 50 times to make sure.

LOL! I like your outlook! THANK YOU!

I do hear what you are saying.

Thing is, I think I have a very different reason for writing than some people. I do this not just to entertain myself, or get my own jollies posting lurid sexual fantasies, but to entertain others. I want to write something that I know people will dig, not that will just be viewed as controversial at best.

The thing is, I don't WANT to be provocative or controversial, but rather, I want to write a good story that people enjoy. To a certain extent, yeah I get the whole "to heck with them if they don't like it, you cant please everybody, etc" philosophy. I mean, that's cool, to an extent. But at the same time, why poke a stick at the hornets nest, so to speak, and publish something you know is only going to piss people off? It's just not what I really aim to do. But that's just me.

Yes I do have a couple BDSM stories published on the site but to be honest, I actually kind of regret posting those. They were a bit too personal and yes, too controversial (in my opinion, as well as most people's opinion) for the type of written work I really want to focus on. I'm really trying to focus more on "vanilla"-flavored sci-fi and fantasy type stories, actually- the one I am working on currently (will post it probably in the next few weeks) will have some sex scenes in it but it will primarily be sci-fi based.

I don’t write for the same reasons you do, therefore my attitude is totally different. I don’t write to please all the people I can. I write to document my life story (it’s) for posterity. I simply write the truth of what I was actually involved in. Sometimes I am a little too truthful. A couple of times someone actually recognized my wife because they had been with too and recognized her. They had no problem exchanging our common stories. Just lucky it hasn’t caused any personal problems for us. Sorry, I’m getting distracted thinking of some of these things...Shit! I am losing control of my memories again...sometimes they just take over. Now I’ve forgotten why I’m here and what I was writing! LOL! Sorry about that...

I want to write something that I know people will dig, not that will just be viewed as controversial at best.

The thing is no matter what you write someone will always make derogatory remarks, complain or put down your efforts. This is the era of the professionally (and perpetually) offended, along with the PC police on social media.

You can't escape it so... grow a thick skin, or maybe write children's books. (and get lynched by over indulgent mothers) :rolleyes:

I totally get the whole "Grow a thicker skin" argument, and I agree with you guys. I have no problem accepting criticism and obviously even the best authors in the world are going to ruffle SOMEONE's feathers occasionally. Consider how many parents want books like "Catcher in the Rye" banned from schools- that is almost universally recognized as a great book and it is one of my favorite works of literature.

But my reason for pulling my "Loving Wives" story had more to do with it being mis-categorized and thereby targeting the wrong audience, i.e. an audience who might be offended, than due to my inability to handle negative feedback.

Consider a right wing Klansman speaking at an Black Panthers rally, or (if you prefer) Bernie Sanders at a Tea Party rally. Wrong audience, wrong speaker for that audience. So in this situation, my cuckold/forced bi fetish story= wrong story for the "Loving Wives" audience. That's all I am saying. I think if enough people agree with that, and judging by the comments, plenty of people do, I believe a lot of potential issues could be resolved if there was a separate "niche' category for these type of stories.

I would actually like to hear the other perspective, i.e. from a person who strongly detests willing cuckold/forced bi femdom stories in "Loving Wives" to see what they think.

I think that's a pretty good idea. I also agree with those who say the biggest omission of a category is Bisexual. I'd also like to see categories for Memoir (memoir is NOT non-fiction) and Sex Work.

I particularly like the suggested Relationships category. It gives more room to maneuver beyond Romance, which seems narrowly defined (mostly by the readers?).

I particularly like the suggested Relationships category. It gives more room to maneuver beyond Romance, which seems narrowly defined (mostly by the readers?).
Since LIT is likely moving to a tag-based system, categories as we know them will vanish, not expand. We may wish all we want for new cats. And for better governance and weather, oy.

Back