Glass play

I'll admit to being one of these people. :eek:

The whole inserting a glass (breakable) toy into sensitive areas just seems.... Well, let's just say my legs have crossed while I'm writing. Borosilicate (Pyrex) seems to be the glass of choice, but just how sturdy are the toys? Pyrex dishes aren't that hard to break.

I'll also admit to a sneaking curiosity. :)

OK, I am not the guy who knows everything, but my wife is a lamp worker who melts glass and makes jewelry from it and this is what I have learned from her.

Borosilicate is what is considered a hard glass, difficult to work with and generally very hard to break. Borosilicate also known in the community as Boro was the glass Pyrex used to be made from a few years ago, but they have learned how to make the glass less temperature sensitive and relative strong. Despite the old Pyrex name it is not Boro.

Good glass toys are made from Boro and nothing else, I would never trust a toy made in China no matter what they may say it is made from. There are many American lamp workers who will make custom sex toys to your specifications, but you will pay for them. You'll have to pay for the glass, his knowledge and his time. I say his his, but I have seen many women who can make boro stand up and sing their name.

Wife (slave) has made a few toys for us despite not having a hot enough torch and it being a pretty time consuming process because of that. As C N C commented I quickly learned not to use two glass toys at the time one in her vagina and the other used on her anally especially if they have bumps and dots. Over all a bad idea, one glass and the other a soft material works pretty well from my experience.

Since good quality glass toys tend to be somewhat expensive I would suggest terry cloth individual bags, relatively easy to make and it does a good job of protecting your toys.

Sadly I did break one of the toys she made us by accidentally banging one against another, guys do be careful of the toys, I broke that one a few years ago and I still hear about it every now and then. (G)

Lastly glass is not porous and can be cleaned with soap and water and boro can be chilled or heated to some extent before being used. Having said that, please remember your submissive is made from flesh and blood and can be burned and frost bit.

I just read this response to slave and her only comment was please mention how delightfully slipper they are. "Once they are wet and I am wet, OMG it is soo damn good. Zero resistance, it just slips and sildes soo good."

Mike

OK,
< I just read this response to slave and her only comment was please mention how delightfully slipper they are. "Once they are wet and I am wet, OMG it is soo damn good. Zero resistance, it just slips and sildes soo good." >

Oh my.... My interest is once again piqued. :D

I believe you, Stella :)
PS - I have 3 pieces of glass to your 4.
Somehow I feel elevated to near star status... :cool:

Since I have all you experts gathered in one place I have a question. Possibly a silly one. Is it true that the hard surface of glass is beneficial for stimulating the G-spot?

Sorry for the hijack, Primalex. :eek:

A girl's gotta get info when the opportunity presents itself.

Since I have all you experts gathered in one place I have a question. Possibly a silly one. Is it true that the hard surface of glass is beneficial for stimulating the G-spot?
oh fershure.

ANY hard surface feels good on a g spot, also on a prostate. also so do fingers, and pocket rocket vibes, and those horrible old hard plastic vibrator things that your mom had in her drawer. :eek:

But glass lets you push pretty firmly, which is sometimes necessary, and not abrade your insides.

oh fershure.

ANY hard surface feels good on a g spot, also on a prostate. also so do fingers, and pocket rocket vibes, and those horrible old hard plastic vibrator things that your mom had in her drawer. :eek:

But glass lets you push pretty firmly, which is sometimes necessary, and not abrade your insides.

Sold. :) So any suggestions as to the best place to purchase???

*Sigh* I'd like to be an expert on something sexual. Maybe if I hang out on the BDSM talk board long enough.... :cool:

YES!! :) My favorite piece of glass has a round knob on one end, and a vestigial crook on the other end. Either one is excellent for g-spot stimulation. I also appreciate the insulating qualities of the glass, because you can have one end warm and one end cool..

Another question on the subject of glass. Everyone keeps saying "expensive", but what do you consider expensive? I.e., if I pay $30 am I getting quality glass? $50? How much so that I know I am purchasing quality glass?

*Sigh* I'd like to be an expert on something sexual. Maybe if I hang out on the BDSM talk board long enough.... :cool:
Actually, you become an expert by doing. So, you too can become and expert just by participating in something enough that you know all of the "ins and outs" of it.

Sure, reading what others have said is a part of it. But, getting down to the bare nuts and bolts of something is so much more important...and fun, too.:D

Be brave! Be bold! Have orgasms!

Etsy (.com) is a great place to look for glass toys. There are some very talented artists and the prices are fairly reasonable ($60-80 is pretty good). Avoid "made in China" and anything that appears to be mass produced. Read product descriptions for good explanations and sensible cautions, and you've found yourself a decent glass artist. You will find many nice toys if you search on "glass massager."

And to the OP:
I forgot to mention that I travel a lot and pack my glass in my soft shell suitcase. It is a Samsonite, but still, it's a soft sided suitcase. So it has been baggage wrangled through at least a dozen airports with no damage. If it survives that, I am not worried about anything happening to it during a play session :)

Actually, you become an expert by doing. So, you too can become and expert just by participating in something enough that you know all of the "ins and outs" of it.

Sure, reading what others have said is a part of it. But, getting down to the bare nuts and bolts of something is so much more important...and fun, too.:D

Be brave! Be bold! Have orgasms!

So true, so true. *Sigh*

A bit of a problem, as I seem to be a wuss when it comes to "doing". Odd really, considering I'm not in the least shy in any other area of my life. There's just something about having to verbalize what I want that's so embarrassing/humiliating/etc.. :rolleyes: I'm starting to think its part of my kink, weird as that sounds.

Ah well. I may just have to settle for being an "armchair" expert. :)

Etsy (.com) is a great place to look for glass toys. There are some very talented artists and the prices are fairly reasonable ($60-80 is pretty good). Avoid "made in China" and anything that appears to be mass produced. Read product descriptions for good explanations and sensible cautions, and you've found yourself a decent glass artist. You will find many nice toys if you search on "glass massager."

Thank you very much! :)

YES!! :) My favorite piece of glass has a round knob on one end, and a vestigial crook on the other end. Either one is excellent for g-spot stimulation. I also appreciate the insulating qualities of the glass, because you can have one end warm and one end cool.

:eek: Holy crap! I absolutely need to broaden my social circle. Seriously, how do I not know about round knobs and vestigial crooks? I've been envisioning, well, you know, smooth cylinders.

This raises another question. How do you know what shape/size to buy???

Thank you very much! :)

:eek: Holy crap! I absolutely need to broaden my social circle. Seriously, how do I not know about round knobs and vestigial crooks? I've been envisioning, well, you know, smooth cylinders.

This raises another question. How do you know what shape/size to buy???

As to shape, you could try simply googling g-spot toys, and the like, and get some ideas about what you might like that way. Given the expense of good glass, you might try ordering a cheaper alternative at first, as in a simple vibe, to see if you like the general shape of g-spot toys or not.
In regards to size, this is kind of tough for me, too. I would say, if you are a size queen, go for the gusto :devil: If not, compare several and go for an average size. I can't be of much more help than that. I prefer smaller toys myself, so if I am totally unsure I just make sure that what I am buying is returnable.
Or you could walk about the house grasping different cylindrical items, look for the one that makes you say... "Oh yeah"... measure it, and order something along the lines of that size. This is an ancient and reliable method of choosing insertable sex toys known as the YUM method :p

Of course geeky me had to include the Chapstick for scale :D

tumblr_n6es9l2l8d1ttoj3bo1_400.jpg

As to shape, you could try simply googling g-spot toys, and the like, and get some ideas about what you might like that way. Given the expense of good glass, you might try ordering a cheaper alternative at first, as in a simple vibe, to see if you like the general shape of g-spot toys or not.
In regards to size, this is kind of tough for me, too. I would say, if you are a size queen, go for the gusto :devil: If not, compare several and go for an average size. I can't be of much more help than that. I prefer smaller toys myself, so if I am totally unsure I just make sure that what I am buying is returnable.
Or you could walk about the house grasping different cylindrical items, look for the one that makes you say... "Oh yeah"... measure it, and order something along the lines of that size. This is an ancient and reliable method of choosing insertable sex toys known as the YUM method :p

OMG, you are so fricking funny!!! The patented "YUM" method, by CNC. :D

Thank you for the visual below - helpful. Hmmm. Having no idea what size I prefer in toys (*Sigh* One more area of ignorance exposed), I think I'll look for something about the same size as my SO.

Or perhaps a bit smaller. Methinks glass might not be quite as forgiving as flesh. :)

Coins or a little ruler thingy are more common for forensic photography but must say really like the chap stick is cool and does show the size so well

Back