Earth 3: OOC

Vail, don't highlight the following text if you don't want to see spoilers!

OH MY GOD BARRY!

BARRRRRRRRRRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

Andandandandandand he was handling chemicals and there was thunder and he's always late and he can't dance and his smile was perfect

I'm mad that they're still fridging Nora but Geoff Johns so whaddayagonnado

I don't even care that he wasn't blonde-haired

BAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRYYYYYYYY!


...also there were Ted Kord references!

lol i agree
 
Whatever the Japanese for it was, Miracle, Miraclo? Maybe a lead in to the second generation dubbed Venom?
 
...holy crap I can't believe I didn't make the synaptic leap to "Miraclo."

I hadn't either till in one segment hubby perked up and asked if they had just called the stuff Miraclo?

Personally I was surprised they never did a tie in to venom and Miraclo in canon.
 
I hadn't either till in one segment hubby perked up and asked if they had just called the stuff Miraclo?

Personally I was surprised they never did a tie in to venom and Miraclo in canon.

It would make sense.

My thought that Miraclo would be the perfected form, and Venom would have resulted from an imperfect attempt to reverse-engineer it, rather like how almost everything in The Ultimate Marvel Universe stems from attempts to recreate Cap.
 
It would make sense.

My thought that Miraclo would be the perfected form, and Venom would have resulted from an imperfect attempt to reverse-engineer it, rather like how almost everything in The Ultimate Marvel Universe stems from attempts to recreate Cap.

I love how we tend to think alike..............
 
Need to lose the red white and blue go all Amazon warrior princess with her in armor kicking ass. I know I'd love that.

tumblr_lp2vbk2W1W1qablpd.gif
 
I dunno.
Its so hard for me to picture Barry as a kid...as anything except one of the Elder Statesmen of superheroes.
Although, yeah, it was kinda fun when he was on top of the shelf of chemicals with a storm outside

It used to be a huge cognitive dissonance for me that "my" Flash, Wally, had not one but two Flashes before him. I got in on Mark Waid's now-old-school "Return of Barry Allen" storyline back when I first started reading comic books in earnest, and the first issue of that I read had Jay, Wally, and "Barry" teaming up to stop a runaway train.

My brain was-- "WHAT? WHAT? WHAT IS HAPPENING!" --like Bernard Black trying to do his taxes, or whatever.

So I've gradually come to accept that even though Barry was Wally's "Elder Statesman," Barry had to start somewhere, a little kid named Bartholomew wearing a silver petasus helmet and a red-and-yellow t-shirt for Halloween.

I totally called that it was him from the moment he checked his watch getting off the train, and I COMPLETELY LOST MY SHIT when the thunder rolled and he glanced back holding those chemicals NOW? NOW? IS IT NOW?

Oh my God.

...I need to go watch that again.
 
Mark Waid's run was just fantastic, and Wally will always be my Flash, even though I started with Barry.
One of the beauties is that the Flash is a lineage. I love that there's a long line of speedsters, a history, a heritage.

Seconded on all counts! (Well, except I started with Wally, like I said.)
 
If you find yourself bored, go back and read some of Barry's stuff from the 60s and 70s. He had the weirdest things happen to him. He was always getting transformed into robots and dolls and particles.
Mark and Wally, though, introduced the Speed Force, and that became sort of a cornerstone for me, in a sense the lens through which I viewed the DC Universe. The Speed Force, the Red, the Green, together formed this very mythic image of DC's heroes and just made me go all fangirly.

Man, Barry Allen and Jimmy Olsen should join a support group together!

"Red Kryptonite Anonymous," or something.

OH MY GOD MARK. I've already pontificated at length about the issue where Wally uses The Speed Formula to essentially "stop time," frantically seeking a way to prevent an imminent (if paused) helicopter crash while all of Keystone stands stock-still around him. SO BEAUTIFUL.

And then came "Terminal Velocity" and "Dead Heat" and aslajsldjasljalsdlajsKEYBOARDSMASHaslfjsljalfdjlj.

The reintroduction of Quicksilver as Max Mercury was perhaps the singlemost genius retcon in the history of the sport, even if no-one ever really knew what to do with Max after Waid left "Flash" and "Impulse."

I love the extradimensional stuff bridging on the metaphysical.

There's a reason that two of my characters for an old Justice League thread were Wally and Animal Man.
 
I was around for Barry as well, but it was Waid's run with Wally and the intro of the Speed Force that made Wally my Flash.
 
I was around for Barry as well, but it was Waid's run with Wally and the intro of the Speed Force that made Wally my Flash.

Indeed.

As thrilling as it has been, retroactively, to learn of a superspeed hero with an encyclopedic understanding of the physics of his abilities, it is perhaps more intriguing to me to read of a character who struggles with those sciences and has to learn by doing and by remembering examples set by the aforementioned scientist.

Grant Morrison does a fantastic rendition of Mark Waid's writing style when delivering Wally's narration during "JLA: New World Order," describing Barry's dropping little nuggets of science during their cooperative hero sessions and calling them "Flash Facts."

And then Wally accelerates to near-light speed (and, consequent of special relativity, near-infinite mass) and punches a superspeeding Pale Martian out of the atmosphere to come crash-landing down somewhere in Africa.

"That's escape velocity."

"Flash Fact."


Wally was an amazing character and his absence is a chief reason why I have spent very little time in The New 52. Even the imminent return of Stephanie Brown hasn't won me over.
 
nods i haven't really read that much of the Nu 52. But I do believe the lack of a Wally is due to the fact that his father is somehow the current Reverse Flash. Which of course has something to do with Barry being responsible for the creation of this new reality. Only time will tell if Barry will some how figure this out try and restore things.
 
nods i haven't really read that much of the Nu 52. But I do believe the lack of a Wally is due to the fact that his father is somehow the current Reverse Flash. Which of course has something to do with Barry being responsible for the creation of this new reality. Only time will tell if Barry will some how figure this out try and restore things.

What need have they of a Wally?

They already have a Kid Flash.

The only thing I can think they'd do to sort things out is decide that the New 52 Bart Allen is the New 52 Wally West-- so far as I know, they haven't revealed N52KF's true identity yet.

That would mollify me, but only somewhat.
 
God how I hate the new 52.
I tried.
I tried.
I TRIED!
But, it is apparent to me that DC's editorial board is now comprised strictly of people with degrees in marketing (and, I'm guessing, that for most of them, this is their first job).


I'll be over here with Carol, and the freaks of the Manhattan Projects.

Oh, and Hawkeye.

Amen and amen and amen.

...Clint or Kate?
 
To steal from Hulks limited lingual abilities ''Wolf sad...not read Comics when kid.'' I'm not very good with finding free Comics online, anyone know of a site with FREE Comics the read?
 
Back
Top