Need a pic resized for your Av? Post it here...

Pocket Dragons

Originally posted by SilverVeil
Yeah, thye are cute. One of our friends is very close to Real Musgrave.

My wife and I were honored to have dinner with Real and his wife, Muff after a "signing" show here in Denver a few years ago. They are truly a delightful couple - both of them. Just as down to earth, friendly and as interesting as any two people you would ever want to meet. And yes, their stories are absolutely delightful.

SlyFox & LadyHawke2

Resized Ava. Pic

SilverVeil said:
Can someone resize this one for me please ?

Ok, Silver I've reduced the pic one more step and attached it to this message. I'll reduce it one additional step and attach it to the next message. I'm afraid, though that the second reduction will make to too small for clarity, but you can try both sizes to see if they'll work...

SlyFox

Attachments

• silverveil's ava.jpg
    silverveil's ava.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 49
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by SilverVeil
Can someone resize this one for me please ?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, here's the next step down...

Sly

Attachments

• silverveil's ava2.jpg
    silverveil's ava2.jpg
    2.4 KB · Views: 43

Could somebody resize and rotate this photo as an AV?

I am right at 100, I think...

THANKS!

Last edited:
Resize for AV

Could someone resize this pic for an AV?

Thanks!

Re: Resize for AV

Jimi6996 said:
Could someone resize this pic for an AV?

Thanks!

:confused:

Try putting it into the attatchment box (browse)

Edited to say Congrat's!! :D

Re: Re: Resize for AV

Wiggles said:

:confused:

Try putting it into the attatchment box (browse)

Edited to say Congrat's!! :D

Thanks, Wiggles! I actually did it myself... Paint CAN be made to work!

where to find av's

can someone tell me where to find HOT AV's,

I've been looking but can't find any suitable for an EROTIC AV

for me (male)

thanks !

Bare ...

Re: where to find av's

barebear said:
can someone tell me where to find HOT AV's,...

The simple answer is "anywhere on the Web, whatever will fit in your scanner, and inside your digital camera."

This thread is intende to help people convert any picture into an avatar. The only difference between a picture on the web and an avatar, is the size.

Can someone please help me with this? I think I have it the right size, but it won't be accepted as the right size :(

thanks!

Attachments

• pencil rose.jpg
    pencil rose.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 60
Trinka said:
Can someone please help me with this? I think I have it the right size, but it won't be accepted as the right size :(

thanks!

It was already within the posted size limits, but I resaved it at the compression factor I normally use for avatar resizing and it cut the file size nearly in half. It should work now.

Last edited:
I think this question is to Weird Harold:

When I make an Av to upload I have to make it 100X100? Why is that. It seems as if others avs are bigger.. (sounds like av envy :D ) Can you tell me how to have a bigger av.

Thanks lots!!

kasha:p

Kasha said:
I think this question is to Weird Harold:

When I make an Av to upload I have to make it 100X100? Why is that. It seems as if others avs are bigger.. (sounds like av envy :D ) Can you tell me how to have a bigger av.

Thanks lots!!

The published limits for an avatar are 150x150 pixels AND less than 20480 bytes (20Kb.) That's apparently wrong, because that last picture I resized was only 17Kb and should have been useable.

I suspect that your problem is the compression setting when you save in JPeG format. Check your help menu for "JPG Compression" to see how your photo processing software changes the compression ratio. (Most have a sliding scale to balance file size and picture quality -- you want medium quality to bring your file size down to what will load as an avatar.)

You can try saving you avatars as GIF files provided they don't suffer from being reduced to only 256 colors.

You can also try reducing "color depth" from "True color" to "High color" to reduce file sizes. (24 bit color to 16 bit color saves 33.3% disk space without distorting most pictures.)

PaintShop Pro from www.jasc.com is the best program I've found for manipulating various aspects of images or converting from one format to another. If you do very much with pictures, it might be a worthwhile investment. (It can also be found at OfficeMax, CompUSA, and other stores with printed documentation if you prefer not shopping online.)

Thanks Weird Harold...

I did it. I suppose the av I put up now is big enough. I put the tattoo on her ass ..which is a K by the way. You can kinda see the tats... oh well.:p

I use Paint Shop Pro 7 alllllll the time. I love it. I think it is a lot better than photoshop... Although I have yet to try to teach my self that whole program. It seems as if is hidden.

Thanks again Weird Harold... you always have the answers.

fuck2.gif

This says it's too big [size wise], and I wanna use it!

sd412 said:
This says it's too big [size wise], and I wanna use it!

That's a 63Kb file, so it's just a tad larger than the 20kb stated limit for avatars. I don't think it can be reduced enough to make it workable. I don't have any good animated GIF editing software, but I don't think it's feasible even if you shrink it down to where it's too small to have any detail.

Weird Harold said:

That's a 63Kb file, so it's just a tad larger than the 20kb stated limit for avatars. I don't think it can be reduced enough to make it workable. I don't have any good animated GIF editing software, but I don't think it's feasible even if you shrink it down to where it's too small to have any detail.

Yup. Just waht I suspected. See my title ;)

Time to get a bit more personal. LOL. I need a new av, so could this one be resized for me please

Attachments

• update maiden.jpg
    update maiden.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 113
Thanx Harold,
One prob with that sly and that is I'm still in Aus, I fly out 8th March. Not long to go now.

Well give me your honest opinion, is this Av too much or should I go back to my old one

Back