X Men: The Fortunate IC

feistyphoenix

The Goddess
Joined
Jan 15, 2014
Posts
9,869
========================================================================
Let's get some RULES going on here, and make them official:

1)All X-Men characters must be approved by me, feistyphoenix, before you can post in the IC thread. I would suggest messaging me privately first to see if your character choice fits in this new alternate reality, and/or he/she is not all ready used in some storyline. Please do not take it personal if you or your character(s) are not accepted -- we may just be full or your participation might not benefit the roleplay at this time.

2)Try and stick to posting in the once daily, twice or three times preferred time frame, if possible. We all have our lives outside of this game and website, that is understood. If for some reason you are unable to or foresee yourself going on an extended leave of absence -- message me, or post that information in the OOC. Communication is KEY people! Can't stand people disappearing off the face of the earth, without a sign or trace

3)This is a Group Roleplay, which means you as a player and your character should not be completely antisocial. Hiding in the corner, afraid of interacting with others, not wanting to be "part of the team"....all reasons perhaps to stay away from a group style roleplay and stick with the one-on-one's.

4)Please be patient and try and wait for others to participate, before posting multiple times and getting too far ahead. Not everyone has the free time or ability to respond so fast -- myself included!

5)Because the 'world' is different from the regular cannon X-Men Universe of the comics(or any of the cartoons/film-verses), it means that things/people/places/settings/events may not be so familiar as they once were. If you have an idea or plot point that you would like to write about and include for your character, and/or another player's character -- run it by me first to get the green light. We don't want conflicting themes. Have a question? Ask!

6)God Moding. Let's try and keep thoughts/actions/feelings and everyt`ing that has to do with OUR characters among OUR control. Everyone else can control THEIR own character's, "we"/you do not need to do this. We don't want to put words in the mouths of others, actions in the place of others....especially when they are not 'ours' to control. There are exceptions to this but for the most part, please try and stick to your own character(s).

7)Please check the OOC thread, just as much as the IC thread, both serve their purpose. Obviously.

Thanks Lachiyous for letting me *steal* your rules, saved me a lot of typing!

========================================================================
X-men Roster (active)

Professor X: WRITER NEEDED
Cyclops: gearhead73
Phoenix: feistyphoenix
Wolverine: wombat9966
Gambit: raiguy
Rogue: NekoMata
Storm: DormantEvil



Writers needed for: Hank, Magneto, Deadpool, Mystique...any others you are interested in PM me and ask about them. These are the priority roles that need filled FIRST.

========================================================================

Current Locations:

Professor X's School for the Gifted, New York:
Storm
Beast/Hank
Professor X

Quebec on mission to rescue Gambit:
Gambit
Wolverine
Rogue
Phoenix/Jean
Scott


*this section of the IC will be updated as missions and crises surface and our character's locations change*
========================================================================

The RP starts early on a Friday morning before the start of classes.
 
Last edited:
(To set where Gambit is)

Remy LeBeau stood at the entrance of the newest casino in Louisiana. While he usually never frequented these associations, preferring the quiet and intimacy of underground clubs. Still, the draw of big money was enough to draw him, especially after hearing about lax security. He knew he could take anything these guys dished out, especially with his regenerative abilities.

He flicked the cigarette butt, stepping on it, before exhaling a cloud of smoke. He stepped in front of the sliding door, before going in. Once inside, he made his way to the exchange area, quickly getting a stack of chips. Once inside, he made his way to the card tables, grabbing a seat at a poker table. From there, it was very easy to influence the cards to come up in a certain order without anyone noticing.

It was the same as any other seedy card joint he played at. Gambit always won, but made sure to fly under the radar.
 
Last edited:
Jean fluffed her long wet hair with a towel in the steamy bathroom. Her body was humming from her morning workout and she had an ethics class to teach at 9:30 for a handful of her older students. They were handing in papers today and her mind was occupied with a million things as usual.

Little rivulets of water ran down her soft alabaster skin and over the curves of her body. She was currently trying to not let herself be angry with Logan. They were the last two in the gym this morning and he had tried to bait her into a situation that she didn’t want to be in. She had rebuked him but he pressed her and she had all but snapped at him. She ended up walking out before she had completed her full 10k run and she was very irritated about it. She did not like people messing with her workouts, her brow furrowed as she thought about it. She wasn’t going to say anything to Scott, he had enough on his mind lately. She opened the bathroom door and stepped into the bedroom. She thought he’d be there getting dressed but he wasn’t.

She sighed, he must be on the phone dealing with something or in the office grading papers she thought. She slipped on a tank top and her panties before wandering out into the living area of their suite, she plugged her phone in and straightened up a few things. She stopped by the office and it was empty, where the hell was Scott, he hadn’t been back since he left her early this morning. She hoped it didn’t mean a crisis was brewing, she had just about enough of that nonsense lately.

She grabbed a stack of graded papers and put them in her briefcase for later. She looked around and bit her lip, trying to see if there was anything else she needed to do immediately before heading back to the bedroom and getting dressed in a pair of dark navy dress pants that hugged her athletic legs and a crisp white dress shirt. She added a long black beaded necklace over her shirt before applying light makeup to accent her green eyes. She finished drying her hair and started gathering her things up when she heard the door to their suite open and shut accompanied by familiar footfalls.
 
Logan walked into Jean and Scott's room looking for Jean. He had pulled something stupid during training and he wanted to apologize to her. Sure she had been driving him crazy these last couple of weeks changing between treating him coolly and then flirting with him outrageously. Oh he knew it was because of the Phoenix force inside of her but that still didn't make it any easier for him. He had always loved Jean from the time she had first calmed his savage mind in the Canadian wilds. He had never tried to hide it but he had backed off when it had become obvious she had feelings for Scott. He made it obvious though that he thought the Boy Scout was no good for her.

"Jean are you here? I have to apologize for what I did this morn' Darln'. It was stupid and I promise I won't try it again."
He stepped further inside and waited in their lounge room not wanting to disturb her if she was still dressing, and not wanting to see her if she was. Despite his good intentions he wasn't sure he would be able to control himself if he saw her like that.
 
Jean emerged from the bedroom with her shirt only half buttoned, exposing much of her torso. She had been finishing her makeup and in an effort to not get any on her shirt she had removed it and put it back on afterwards. She hadn't heard his voice since both the bedroom and bathroom doors were only partially ajar.

She was looking down, leaning against the doorframe trying to slide on her heels,"Scott, what were you," she paused realizing the presence she was feeling was not her husband, she looked up, "Logan? What are you doing here," she straightened up forgetting her indecency. The nude lace bra was clearly visible.

The cool air hit her chest and she pulled her shirt closed,"Damn it Logan, don't you knock?"

She walked past him trying to button her shirt quickly, she didn't need Scott walking in right now and seeing her half clothed in front of Logan.
 
Scott had always loved running on mornings like this. He had been sitting there in his office with his mind set on grading the homework assignments that he had collected yesterday when the first few rays of the morning sun shone on his desk. He knew he had work to do, and he also knew he could have worked out in thee gym with Jean this morning, but for some reason the sunrise and crisp clean air of the morning had called to him.

Scott figured he was going to get an earful for not at least leaving a note as to where he was going but he hadn't planned on being gone that long. She had looked like an angel lying there this morning and he just didn't have the heart to wake her. Of course, some part of him should have known what was going to happen, because it was the same thing that always happened. One mile turned into two. Two miles turned into four, and before long he was on the short end of an eight mile run.

You really couldn't beat it out here though. Nothing but the steady cadence of his shoes hitting the pavement and the occasional call of the morning birds as they awoke to greet the day. He had always preferred running outdoors when compared to beating his brains out on a treadmill. he liked it out here, in the world, where he would put to use the endurance that he trained to maintain. His lungs and legs were burning like they were on fire, but he had never felt more alive. He figured that if he kept up this pace he would have time to stop by Cochran's and grab a bundle of fresh red roses and a steaming cup of coffee, to give Jean as an apology for taking off this morning. He then had another thought, maybe he should let her get upset with him, because making up with her was always worth it.
 
"Sorry Jean but I did call out," Logan said flustered as he caught sight of Jeans exposed top half.
"Look I just came to apologize for this morn'. You know I am not normally like that Jeany but that dark half of you just has me so confused at the moment that me animal side sometimes get's the better of me. Don't worry it won't happen again I promise you that Darl'n."

Logan had been looking at her the whole time and his senses had been breathing in her scent. No this was not the Jean who was putting the moves on him. This was his friend Jean, the one that was in love with Scott, the stupid preppy boy who didn't know how good he had it and still ignored her half the time.

"So where's the Boy scout. I thought he was supposed to be here helping you out?"
 
"I don't know, probably working. Maybe one of the kids needed his help,"she said, out of breath as she was hurriedly tucking her shirt in and gathering up her things.

"You shouldn't be here, Scott wouldn't like it, and we agreed you wouldn't come here," she checked her gold watch," I have to go, Principles of Ethics in 20 minutes," she called out as she grabbed her briefcase from the office.

She sighed as she watched him apologize. This Phoenix thing was almost as hard on him as it was on her, he never knew which half of her he'd get on any given day.

"Apology accepted, now I really need to go," she was almost exasperated.

Jean held the door for him and motioned with her free hand for him to hurry up before just taking off without him towards the common kitchen. She really needed coffee today.
 
Last edited:
Scott took the steps to their condo two at a time. He had the flowers in one hand and the coffee in the other. Mrs. Cochran had tried to convince him to take a few muffins with him as well, but he had thought better of it lacking another appendage to carry them with. The last flight was dead ahead and he couldn't help but smile as he thought about how she might react. He turned the corner of the short hall and stopped dead in his tracks as he saw his beautiful wife Jean walk out the door, followed by Logan.

"Jean..." he said between hard breaths as he stood there hands out, and smile fading. "...and you." he said turning his head to Logan.

It was no secret how Logan felt about his wife. You didn't have to be a mutant to know when another man, or whatever combination Logan was, had designs on your significant other. Scott also knew that Jean struggled with balancing the friendship she had with him and the attraction her other side had to him. He had accepted it, although he didn't like it, but he trusted and loved his wife, and he would do whatever it took to make her happy.

"You need to borrow some sugar, or flea powder perhaps?" Scott sneered as he glanced between the two of them.
 
Logan's hackles raised up and a small growl sounded deep in his throat. Then he just smiled at the taller boy.

"Nah that's okay. I was just helping your girlfriend pick out her clothes and get dressed seeing as how you were too busy and all. See I told you that lace bra would be just the thing with that top Jean. You can't see it in this light. Well gotta go, I'm teaching some trainees some basic fighting moves in ten minutes and unlike some people I don't like to be late. Catch you latter Jean."

With that wolverine casually passed by Scott knocking his elbow and proceeded down the stairs heading out towards the Danger Room.
 
"Logan," Jean's voice was a warning, he'd overstepped. Again. She looked at Scott, trying to gauge whether or not he had bought into Logan's jab.

"I do not have time for you two and your antics today," she rolled her eyes and her lips tightened.

Jean took the coffee from Scott and took a sip.

"I have to go, I'll see you later. You need a shower." She brushed past him, thought about kissing him but reminded herself she would have to almost run the length of the mansion to make it on time by now.

"Thanks for the flowers, but you still owe me," she called out over her shoulder as she descended the stairs.
 
Scott stood there for a moment watching as she walked down the stairs. What the fuck had Logan been talking about? Why was he in their condo this early in the morning? Exactly what did Jean thing that he owed her for? It took him a minute or two of rolling these questions over and over in his head before he realized he was standing in the hallway, alone, holding a bundle of roses. He glanced at his watch, and cursed to himself as the reality that he was going to be late for his own class set in.

He took a quick shower, and dressed before rushing out the door. Logan's words still plagued his mind and those familiar feelings of jealousy begin to rise within him. Logan was a dick, there was no doubt about it. Scott knew that Logan hated him as much as he hated Logan, so he didn't think it would be too outrageous to think that Logan would talk shit just to get to him. Still, he had been so specific, and he was walking out with her first thing in the morning. He trusted Jean, and in a fight, he had come to depend on Logan. But he knew he wouldn't be able to push out the thoughts of something more than friendship between them until he talked to Jean about it.

"Good morning everyone." he said as he burst through the door of his classroom.
 
Jean hurried to her class and made it a couple of minutes early. She collected papers and conducted class as usual butshe was worried about Scott. He always over analyzed things and she started wondering if he had really taken Logan's comment seriously.

She smiled to herself when she thought about what she had told him. Last time he took off like that she had been livid and he in turn had promised that the next time he would take her with him. Jean could be very competitive and she was smaller and quicker than he was, she loved nothing more than him chasing her on an 8 mile loop. It drove him crazy that he couldn't catch her and the endorphin fueled sex after was always incredible. He probably hadn't remembered his promise or realized it late and that's why he'd gotten the flowers. Either way, she could let him stew over it all day and give him a hard time about it later. As long as he wasn't too pissed off about Logan.

Jean spent her prep period grading the ethics papers but she only got about halfway through. She got an email from Storm asking how things were going. Hank had asked Storm to go to Washington D.C. with him to work on mutant rights issues. He thought it would help to put a more human face on the cause. Storm was perfect for the role, the Phoenix Force was too unpredictable for Jean to be away from the mansion for an extended period of time. besides, she felt Charles needed her and without her to keep Scott away from Logan she wouldn't be surprised if one of them destroyed The Danger Room.

Jean supervised a few of the younger children with the help of two of her advanced students in a gardening project on the grounds. The kids had planned, plotted, and planted a vegetable garden by themselves. Afterwards they went to the kitchen and prepared a snack. They had an open discussion about science and an intro to plant genetics. Then she was off to her English class.

After a very long day she gathered her things and headed back to the suite, hoping Scott wouldn't be too spun up or angry.
 
Scott found it virtually impossible to concentrate the entire day. He found himself sitting at his desk and staring out the window, lost in his thoughts. He kept warring with himself about fears and insecurities that he had long since dealt with. His biggest if not only fear was losing Jean. He knew that she loved him, he had no doubts about that, but there was a part of her, a part that she struggled to keep at bay, that he didn't think felt the same.

He went through the motions, giving out assignments, supervising the practical exercises, but he was somewhere else. His last class of the day was more of a study group. Students were able to ask for help with work they were having trouble with and work on group projects with their peers. It wasn't it like him to ditch a class, but the figured that until he could get things worked out in his mind, he was of little use to them anyway. He put one of the older students in charge of the class and told them to contact him if they needed help.

He knew Jean would be on her way soon, so he grabbed his phone out of his pocket and ordered take out from one of her favorite Italian restaurants. He jumped in his car, headed to the local spirits shop to pick up some wine, then to the bakery for her favorite torte, and the sped off to grab the food. He had made it back to the suite with about a half hour to spare, so he put the food in the oven to stay warm and grabbed the flowers from this morning.

In just a little bit, he had a trail of petals leading from the door to their room and some candles glowing to light the way. He glanced at the clock and figured he had just enough time to take a quick shower and then she should be home. He looked around, making sure everything looked perfect before stepping into the shower.
 
Logan smiled all the way to the Danger room. God that had been fun. He really enjoyed getting under Scotts skin, the guy was just to straight laced for his own good. Someone needed to take the stick out of his ass and he had appointed himself to do the job.
Oh he knew the real reason why he and their fearless leader didn't get along.It was because Jean had chosen Scott over him. He knew deep down that it was probably the right choice too but he would never admit it, and besides it was so much fun to push the Boy Scouts buttons.

He arrived at the Danger room change rooms to find his Nine students mucking around, pushing each other and generally behaving like teenagers.
"Right enough of that you lot. Inside and get changed. I expect you outside the door in 5 minutes. Last one there spars with me," he grinned evily.
A rush of bodies flooded the entrance while Logan entered the teachers change rooms. That usually got them motivated he chuckled. Heading over to his locker he prepared to put on the training uniform of form fighting black Kevlar weave suit. Ahh this would do him good. Maybe after training he would stay behind and blow off some steam as well. Well time to go teach some whelps how to defend themselves.
 
As was often the case Jean had a lot on her mind as she walked through the mansion. A cpuple of students stopped her for questions, another wanted to make an appointment to talk about college, and yet another just wanted to chat. She managed to get away but remembered one paper she was missing from a certain student. She sighed and detoured towards the Danger Room where she thought she might find him.

It was not to be, the place was deserted. She wasn't paying enough attention though and she missed someone.
 
Wolverine Had been training students all day, from beginners to the advanced. It did help that he basically knew every form of hand to hand combat on the planet and had mastered them all, blending them into his own style, so he was able to work with students from all around the world. The problem was it had just got him riled up a bit and with the situation with Jean he had really needed to blow off some excess energy.

He had run one of his own programs and had spent the next hour fighting Hand assassins, Sentinals, the Brood and then had hacked apart fifty Cyclops drones. All in all it had been an enjoyable work out, especially the Cyclops part.

As he sat in the corner wiping the sweat off his face and drinking some water he noticed Jean walk in. Getting a crazy idea he activated the Danger room again, locking the door behind her and programed in the jungles of the Canadian Rockies.

"Welcome to my home away from home Jean Darln'. Guess what. It's hunting season and I'm hunting red heads," he laughed.
 
Well fuck, this was just perfect. Logan had locked her in with him.

"Logan! Cut the crap, I am not going to fight you," she was stern, her voice serious. She was definitely not in the mood, and definitely not dressed for this. She put her breifcase down on a large tree stump. She didn't mind the forest, except for her heels. She slipped them off, intending to find the control panel. Logan couldn't keep her here, he might be able to best her in every way physically but she could stop him in his tracks if she invaded his mind.

The air was a little chilled as she picked her way over the soft underbrush towards the edge of the simulation. She was quiet but on her guard, no telling what Logan would try right now.
 
Logan knew He could take down Jean with ease if he could just get to her. The problem was doing that without her mind zapping him. Oh he could keep out a basic level or even a decent level telepath for a little while thanks to her and the Profs teachings, but Jean and the Professor were on a whole other plane. He would have maybe a second before he was brain fried.

He snuck around making piles of snowballs then as Jean made her way towards the wall he began to throw them at her. Quickly moving from one pile to the next in a random pattern so she wouldn't know where the next lot was coming from. He was trying to get her angry enough to pursue him into the woods where he would have the advantage so he taunted her at the same time, throwing his voice so she couldn't locate him that way. "C'mon Jean I thought you were better than this. What has Scott turned you soft. Oh poor little Red that one got your butt. Oh right in the face with that one. Still haven't found me you are getting sloppy, maybe I should schedule you for a refresher course."

He could tell she was getting angrier and he grinned. This was working out nicely.
 
"Fuck,"she cursed angrily as the first snowball hit her, soaking through her shirt. It was freezing!

After he hit her right in her left butt cheek her nostrils flared. He was baiting her and after this mornings comments during her run, and then again in the hall to Scott she decided to teach him a lesson.

The next few snowballs he lobbed her direction were deflected easily. Once she made it behind a particularly large Douglas fir she reached out with her mind to feel Logan's presence. She could also feel the Phoenix lurking in the background of her mind. She was going to have to be very careful. Jean noticed her own footprints in the snow so she erased them with her power so Logan couldnt use them to track her.
 
Logan had scooted up a tree and watched as Jean erased her footprints. Oh Jean that wasn't going to work, he thought. He knew her scent anywhere and in this room could pinpoint her location easily. He felt the light touch of her mind probe but used her own technique to allow it to wash over his mind. As the sensation passed he quietly moved from tree to tree until he was right above her. As he moved a clump of snow dislodged and began to descend towards her.

'Fuck' as soon as that hit her she would be on to him. Launching himself straight down he aimed to tackle her into the snow before she got him or her barriers up. This was going to be close.
 
Jean grinned as she felt him moving above her, he got careless and his curse pinpointed his location easily. He might not have said it aloud but his thought was plenty loud enough. She reached out with her mind again, this time stronger and used it to manipulate yhe adamantium in his body, not to harm him but to suspend him in midair. She slowly turned and looked up, he was inches above her with all claws extended.

"Nice try Logan but game over," she taunted him.

She let him hang there while she made a particularly large snowball with her powers and sent it towards his face.

"On second thought," she said aloud, sounding bored. A hundred snowballs formed and pummeled him from all directions, "now we're even, that was for earlier."

She let him drop.
 
Logan came up gasping and spluttering and wiping his eyes threw his arms out. At the last second he remembered that his claws were still extended and he began to withdraw them but not before he sliced through Jeans shirt tail that had come loose in all the excitement. As it fluttered to the ground he noticed that she hadn't seen yet. Right time to go, he knew how expensive those things were and how protective she was of them.

"Fine Jean you win. Got to admit you had fun though. Computer end simulation. Night Jean, go tuck Scotty boy in, I'm going to go for a run after getting changed."

Logan walked out casually then hurried into the teachers change rooms. If he hurried perhaps he could be long gone before she noticed.
 
Scott had stepped out of the shower, feeling better. The feeling of the hot water running down him had always had that effect. He shaved, and dabbed on a little bit of Old Spice cologne. It wasn't Jean's favorite, in fact he was pretty sure she didn't care for it, but it has always been part of a running ag between them.

When he had been getting ready for their first date, all those years ago, he had been so excited that she had said yes that he wanted everything to be perfect. He had decided to shave for the occasion even though he didn't really have anything to shave to speak of. He had cut his face to ribbons and had used what seemed like an entire roll of tissue trying to stop the bleeding. He had borrowed some aftershave from one of his friends who had promised, "She won't be able to resist you." He had slathered it all over his hands and had nearly fainted from the intense burning of his face the moment it touched his skin. Jean had made it through the whole night though, never letting on even though looking back now Scott was sure her eyes must have been burning. In fact it wasn't until their fourth date that she finally told him to tone it down a bit.

Scott smiled at the memory, and and the memories of every birthday or anniversary when he had performed the same ritual. He loved Jean, more than anything in the world and he was hoping that maybe tonight he could reignite that same spark they had felt when they first met.

He dressed and went out on to sit on the couch to greet her when she came in. The seconds turned to minutes. The minutes turned to hours. Each passing tick of the wall clock pounding like a hammer in his head as he grew sadder. Finally with a sigh, he walked into the kitchen and blew out the candles. He put the food in the refridgerator and left her a note saying that he would see her in the morning. Maybe they would be able to talk after his morning run.
 
She couldn't go home to Scott like this, she was a mess. At least she kept a change of clothes in her locker. Logan disappeared, probably to lick his wounds so she headed into the changing room after disengaging the Danger Room and picking up her breifcase. As she bent to retrieve it she felt a strange coolness on her lower back. She felt with her hand, her shirt had been almost sliced in half.

"Damnit Logan, " she said under her breath.

She walked with choppy, angry steps to the changing room to confront him. She had grown incredibly short tempered in the last few months, especially with him. Truthfully she cared very deeply for him and would do anything for him but as he continued to make her marriage rocky she had withdrawn from their close friendship.

The angrier she let herself get the more inflamed the Phoenix was as it bubbled up from her subconscious. By thr time she pushed open the door she was raging. He had completely set her off snd now her green eyes were being overtaken by flames. She threw her breifcase down and stripped her ruined shirt off before finding him.

In her heightened state the moment her eyes locked on Logan, the Phoenix won the battle in her mind. Jean was pushed back, clawing for control of her own body. Her posture changed and became more seductive, her lips pouted a little more than usual and the anger mixed with lust and primal attraction.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top