Isolated Blurt Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The part that pisses me off about the prescription is that we do it for the benefit of her teacher and the school, not for our daughter. Last year, when she was in kindergarten, she went the first three weeks without any medication. We got email after email from the school about her behavior. At one point, they suggested we withdraw her because she was being disruptive. It was then, of course, that we got her on the prescription.

I look back to when I was a kid, long before pills were dolled out hand over foot to any kid who might have a potential problem. I remember some of my classmates in second and third grade causing problems. But they were dealt with, and not with a lash or a paddle, but by teachers who were strong enough in personality and intelligent enough to understand how to handle such children. And this was in a DODDS school.

Those kids went through the system. They learned to control their behavior.

Or, maybe they didn't and were just pushed along. There was no failing second and third grade, after all. But I find it hard to believe that decades of supposed "problem kids" have been suddenly remediated by the introduction of various pills. That's not the God damned answer.

*sigh*

Deep breath.

We're gonna figure this out. I know we will. Because we have to.

And then maybe I'll find a blog to post my "wisdom" on. :p

You sure should write it up. It's a big issue. Teachers are hard to get out of their 'we are the saints who know best' niche. And medics are the worst!

You can come and guest on my blog if you like, Dads are very welcome. That blog is just for figuring out some of the domestic stuff which nobody tells you is going to be quite as complicated as it turns out to be. I like the domestic, it just annoys me that it's so down-graded and people expect you to do it like birds feeding worms to their fledglings, rather than offer you some support and outline different ways of managing what is a really big workload - even without having a child who has different needs.
:rose:

You sure should write it up. It's a big issue. Teachers are hard to get out of their 'we are the saints who know best' niche. And medics are the worst!

You can come and guest on my blog if you like

I would, but I'm terrible at following up on such things. I had my own blog for a while, a few years back, but after about three months I let it peter away.

I would, but I'm terrible at following up on such things. I had my own blog for a while, a few years back, but after about three months I let it peter away.

Mine bumbles along. But if you want to do a guest post and not have the bother of keeping up a regular blog, you really are welcome. I do think it's an important topic.

This is a page I found in the UK for families with children who might be austistic or have Aspergers, in case the Brits have anything to say which is useful to you.
http://www.youngminds.org.uk/for_pa...iving_autism?gclid=CPaOsNnUv7YCFaHHtAod_hUAnw

:heart:

A couple of days ago my computer was repaired online. :cool:

The only thing different is now my webcam is missisg. :(

I'll have to call online support again one of these days. :rolleyes:

What?!!! You are the evil tempter encouraging mine. Oooh, lovely butter dripping off the curvy meaty sides of flesh ...
ouch! I burnt myself on the iron!
;)

I suppose you wouldn't want to know about the broiled sausage, home-made tomato sauce, and penne pasta I made for dinner tonight . . . .

I suppose you wouldn't want to know about the broiled sausage, home-made tomato sauce, and penne pasta I made for dinner tonight . . . .

Don't talk to me about men cooking! I will writhe on the floor (which I cleaned yesterday with John's help, so I can), and not get my ironing done!
:p:p:p

Don't talk to me about men cooking! I will writhe on the floor (which I cleaned yesterday with John's help, so I can), and not get my ironing done!
:p:p:p

In that case, you really don't want to hear about the fish I made last night. Lightly-breaded cod fillets baked in the oven, served with a lemon butter cream sauce with woodear mushrooms and capers, and parmesan white rice and steamed broccoli on the side.

No, it's probably best I don't mention any of that. :devil:

You two are dinner and entertainment all packaged in one! :D ;) :heart:

I'll call it Slyc_willie's culinary torture dinner theater. ;)

I love this iron. :heart::heart::heart:
It was very cheap (unlike me), and it's a beautiful blue colour - like the sea around Greek islands in the summer.
It pretends only to use the steam function as you approach the three dot function but actually it makes steam on the two dots. (Two dots is nicely warm, just right for the knickers I immediately put onto my naked arse.)
Oh my iron is so hot, I love it so.
:heart::heart::heart:

LOL. Morning! McKenna. (Or afternoon or evening, where you are.)
:heart:

G'morning! It's 12:26 here, so yeah... "morning." :D Insomnia, anyone?!

In that case, you really don't want to hear about the fish I made last night. Lightly-breaded cod fillets baked in the oven, served with a lemon butter cream sauce with woodear mushrooms and capers, and parmesan white rice and steamed broccoli on the side.

No, it's probably best I don't mention any of that. :devil:

I'll call it Slyc_willie's culinary torture dinner theater. ;)

*drool* I hate you.

;)

I had mushroom ravioli tonight at a restaurant; it made me want to try to make my own pasta. Mushroom ravioli. Pesto ravioli! Lobster ravioli? Butternut squash ravioli. :heart: I'm of Irish/Scottish descent, so I've no idea why the fetish with pasta, but there you have it.

:)

I love this iron. :heart::heart::heart:
It was very cheap (unlike me), and it's a beautiful blue colour - like the sea around Greek islands in the summer.
It pretends only to use the steam function as you approach the three dot function but actually it makes steam on the two dots. (Two dots is nicely warm, just right for the knickers I immediately put onto my naked arse.)
Oh my iron is so hot, I love it so.
:heart::heart::heart:

You iron your knickers?!

o_O

*drool* I hate you.

;)

No you don't :p

I had mushroom ravioli tonight at a restaurant; it made me want to try to make my own pasta. Mushroom ravioli. Pesto ravioli! Lobster ravioli? Butternut squash ravioli. :heart: I'm of Irish/Scottish descent, so I've no idea why the fetish with pasta, but there you have it.

:)

Pasta is inherently sexy. It's slick, warm, satisfying and tasty. How could that not be considered sexy?

However, ravioli is not easy to concoct. Gotta have the right mixture to make it. It has to be sticky and firm, but too much in either direction and you get either a failed version of lasagna or a bad Italian imitation of tortilla chips. :p

Personally, I like to make a good three-layer lasagna. Tons of cheese, vegetables, and meat, layered and topped with a slightly spicy meat sauce . . . mmmmmm. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back