Red's Thread - come in and read a bit, post a bit, and lick a bit... okay... alot!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
hiya WP. Except for my boneheaded move this morning I am ready to face the week.

I seem to look at the positive here...you used the words "bone" "head" and morning in one sentence....

So I just scrambled around your sentence. :)

I hope your day gets better!!

We used to go to a nearby lake, but things got crowded and very dangerous with other people bringing their fireworks and shooting them off. The last year we went, someone had their fireworks go crazy and they shot off into the crowd we were in. They landed on our blankets as well as a few of us, burning my niece very badly. After that we opted to go to another town and view them far far away, then the move to the town we're in now and that's been where we see them every year.

Are we talking about the 4th of July already? Be it cynicism or old age, I'm finding fireworks are just fireworks year after year, not caring if I see them or not.

You can call me a stick in the mud certainly, but I'm sure there are much better uses for my stick. ;)

Are we talking about the 4th of July already? Be it cynicism or old age, I'm finding fireworks are just fireworks year after year, not caring if I see them or not.

You can call me a stick in the mud certainly, but I'm sure there are much better uses for my stick. ;)

I enjoy the time to get together with my family and another reason to cook yummy food. :)

I do like your stick - an awful lot. ;) :devil:

well the 4th of July is right around the corner.
I feel better. I finally got my part of the SRP in. Now I don't feel so guilty. I think a certain Welsh guy was going to spank me for real! Now on to my regualry scheduled programming of mind numbing nothing. :D

Suggested Retail Price? :D

I have an idea for a new avatar for you!! ;)

I enjoy the time to get together with my family and another reason to cook yummy food. :)

I do like your stick - an awful lot. ;) :devil:

Here's my stick for you then.

1039737_70c589de8a.jpg

We host a 4th of July party here too. We live just a couple blocks from where the town does the fireworks, we used to live right across the street - amazing view and no need to leave the yard to see them. lol

4th of July here will be the neighborhood parade and maybe fireworks followed by a 4 day convention/party, it will be a blasted but I will be totally wiped out afterwards, parties all night for 3 days plus after parties. Need to start banking sleep now and getting as much work done before as possible.

Just make sure your eyes never look anywhere but at mine ... and for some reason I'd like a good popping sound ... although that means you'd have to remove it from your lips, which I'm sure you are not interested in.

Oh your stick would have my undivided attention, I promise. As hard as it would be for me to remove myself off your stick so you could hear the sound you wanted, I'd do it, that's just the type of gal I am.

4th of July here will be the neighborhood parade and maybe fireworks followed by a 4 day convention/party, it will be a blasted but I will be totally wiped out afterwards, parties all night for 3 days plus after parties. Need to start banking sleep now and getting as much work done before as possible.

That's way too much partying for me. I'd be exhausted and would definitely not be going to all of those.

Oh your stick would have my undivided attention, I promise. As hard as it would be for me to remove myself off your stick so you could hear the sound you wanted, I'd do it, that's just the type of gal I am.

Just once ... then you may commence your regularly scheduled hourly duties.

We used to go to a nearby lake, but things got crowded and very dangerous with other people bringing their fireworks and shooting them off. The last year we went, someone had their fireworks go crazy and they shot off into the crowd we were in. They landed on our blankets as well as a few of us, burning my niece very badly. After that we opted to go to another town and view them far far away, then the move to the town we're in now and that's been where we see them every year.

With apologies to your niece. I don't take injuries lightly.

So, once again,
the celebration
got out of hand.
Late night fireworks
meant to dazzle
and delight,
left her burned.
Left her burned
despite her innocence.
The sorrow
that ensued was a ripple
on a large pond
touching all shores.
Some touched more than others.
We all have scars,
some uglier than others,
more painful,
visible to the naked eye.
Her scars faded with time
until it only showed
in the sadness in her eyes,
and only sometimes.
He could never admit
he was wrong.
But he was never comfortable
in that place afterwards.

That's way too much partying for me. I'd be exhausted and would definitely not be going to all of those.

Its actually quite doable, as long as you remember to eat at least 2 meals, shower and sleep at least 4-6 hrs each day;) There are about 25 parties plus panels, activities and such. I am also part of a game, and I plan to be playing cricket while in costume ;)

With apologies to your niece. I don't take injuries lightly.

So, once again,
the celebration
got out of hand.
Late night fireworks
meant to dazzle
and delight,
left her burned.
Left her burned
despite her innocence.
The sorrow
that ensued was a ripple
on a large pond
touching all shores.
Some touched more than others.
We all have scars,
some uglier than others,
more painful,
visible to the naked eye.
Her scars faded with time
until it only showed
in the sadness in her eyes,
and only sometimes.
He could never admit
he was wrong.
But he was never comfortable
in that place afterwards.

A heart touching blurt. Thank you. :rose:

Two minutes late ... you know I cannot tolerate someone that is late.

Your task, therefore, will be postponed and hour.

A fair punishment - Hmm... even if you were the reason I was late?

Its actually quite doable, as long as you remember to eat at least 2 meals, shower and sleep at least 4-6 hrs each day;) There are about 25 parties plus panels, activities and such. I am also part of a game, and I plan to be playing cricket while in costume ;)

I would forget to eat. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back