South Carolina

(Charleston area here) fingers crossed it won't get too bad. Everyone usually freaks out and stocks up on food, water and batteries, but the only thing Walmart is out of here are the little cups you need to make Jell-O shots .... Trust me I just checked :)

What ?

How dare they run out of the important stuff....I've washed and used Styrofoam egg cartons for that occasion (college days)....I just heard someone *gigglesnort*

Teasing aside all you coastal folks stay safe. Upstate we could use the rain so feel free to send some my way.

Originally from SC, still have lots of friends and ex-classmates from there. Some family too. But now living in Georgia, so still not far away SC :)

Isn't too bad here in Charleston .. Looks like North Carolina is going to get most of the storm. I have lots of plastic jello shots cups .. should I bring some over. ;);)

(Charleston area here) fingers crossed it won't get too bad. Everyone usually freaks out and stocks up on food, water and batteries, but the only thing Walmart is out of here are the little cups you need to make Jell-O shots .... Trust me I just checked :)

Yeah, had about an hours worth of rain early this morning, after that, it was just overcast all day. It is what it is.

Anyone have exciting plans for the holiday weekend?

Upstate we had a fast moving storm with high winds. And about an hour of rain which we needed. How is everyone Coastal ?

Upstate but heading to Charleston tomorrow I think. Mowing the rest of my grass today. Oh joy !

I hear that area is REALLY nice! Haven't really ventured much further south than Myrtle.

Charleston is much different than Myrtle. Lots of history. Gorgeous live oaks adorned with Spanish moss. The battery. The oldest library in US history. The Hunley. Some spectacular mansions. Oceanside parks....hurry up let's go !!

Charleston is much different than Myrtle. Lots of history. Gorgeous live oaks adorned with Spanish moss. The battery. The oldest library in US history. The Hunley. Some spectacular mansions. Oceanside parks....hurry up let's go !!

Sounds great! How are the beaches?

You made it sound SO tempting! ha

Much less crowded. Not so touristy. No offense to Myrtle but cleaner. Isle of Palms and Sullivan's have these awesome quaint little shops.
You know we could be driving by now :)

Much less crowded. Not so touristy. No offense to Myrtle but cleaner. Isle of Palms and Sullivan's have these awesome quaint little shops.

I have a place at Wild Dunes..my fav place on earth...the land between There and Folly Beach...Spend some time paddle board on Shim Creek! Bar Hop

Charleston is amazing! I am a big history buff, so I love it there. The beaches are very nice also. I am not a big fan of Myrtle Beach because of the crowds. If you like to relax and enjoy sightseeing, Charleston is the place. I have trip planned later in the year. I also enjoy Savanah George but I'll have to add that in a Georgia thread lol. .

Charleston is amazing! I am a big history buff, so I love it there. The beaches are very nice also. I am not a big fan of Myrtle Beach because of the crowds. If you like to relax and enjoy sightseeing, Charleston is the place. I have trip planned later in the year. I also enjoy Savanah George but I'll have to add that in a Georgia thread lol. .

We love MB in the spring and fall before it gets busy. Wow, I have been thinking about SC all afternoon now, ha!

My husband really wants to go on a ghost tour there in Charleston, ha!

We love MB in the spring and fall before it gets busy. Wow, I have been thinking about SC all afternoon now, ha!

My husband really wants to go on a ghost tour there in Charleston, ha!

we're going Thursday of this week until Tues or Weds of next week

Back