Isolated Blurt Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Og, that's why I've put off buying a car here. I simply couldn't be able afford any repairs / issues with it. :(

There are unavoidable costs: tax, insurance, fuel, servicing and repairs.

Those apply to any car, no matter its value. Three new tyres has increased the value of my car by about 30%. It has travelled 261,000 miles from new. If I were to be in an accident the car would be written off and after the excess on my insurance I could claim about the cost of the new tyres.

I haven't had an insurance claim on a car for over 40 years so I have the maximum no-claims bonus. (Motorcycles? That's different. My insurers weren't too pleased with my accident record which is one of the reasons I have stopped riding motorcycles.)

I practise minimal motoring. My cars are old but well maintained. I don't have depreciation because the capital cost was written off years ago. One of my friends changes his high-specification BMWs every year. He pays more in depreciation when he drives his new car off the forecourt than I pay in ten years for tax, insurance, servicing and repairs. He can't understand my style of motoring. I can't understand his.

My sympathies, Ogg. I had the same experience on Friday. Your approach to motoring, however, sounds entirely sensible.

Unfortunately, I live 50 miles away from my place of work. That's a lot of miles, so an older car doesn't do it for me. A small-engined diesel, however, does. £35 road tax a year, and around 55mpg, that's the Best I can hope for, really.

I could have lived without the £135 bill, though... :rolleyes:

There are unavoidable costs: tax, insurance, fuel, servicing and repairs.

Those apply to any car, no matter its value. Three new tyres has increased the value of my car by about 30%. It has travelled 261,000 miles from new. If I were to be in an accident the car would be written off and after the excess on my insurance I could claim about the cost of the new tyres.

I haven't had an insurance claim on a car for over 40 years so I have the maximum no-claims bonus. (Motorcycles? That's different. My insurers weren't too pleased with my accident record which is one of the reasons I have stopped riding motorcycles.)

I practise minimal motoring. My cars are old but well maintained. I don't have depreciation because the capital cost was written off years ago. One of my friends changes his high-specification BMWs every year. He pays more in depreciation when he drives his new car off the forecourt than I pay in ten years for tax, insurance, servicing and repairs. He can't understand my style of motoring. I can't understand his.

Birthday Banana

I'm fifty today!
253108.jpg

The coal train going by is shaking the whole house.

The coal train runs by the apartment here too. Right behind the building. There's nothing between the building and the tracks, so I can see the engineer from my office window.

You have my sympathy. :rose:

The coal train runs by the apartment here too. Right behind the building. There's nothing between the building and the tracks, so I can see the engineer from my office window.

You have my sympathy. :rose:

Don't you wave to them ? :)
Plot Bunny or what ? :devil:
:rose:

Don't you wave to them ? :)
Plot Bunny or what ? :devil:
:rose:

They have this tendency to come around the bend and lay on that dang whistle right when they head toward my building. I sometimes wonder if they see my office light (late in the night) and think "let's scare the shit out of her" and hit that whistle louder than necessary, and longer than required, just to watch me jump.

Any plot bunny from me wouldn't be friendly, funny, or erotic. :D

They have this tendency to come around the bend and lay on that dang whistle right when they head toward my building. I sometimes wonder if they see my office light (late in the night) and think "let's scare the shit out of her" and hit that whistle louder than necessary, and longer than required, just to watch me jump.

Any plot bunny from me wouldn't be friendly, funny, or erotic. :D

Think of the fun you might have with one of those laser pointers.
Wanna good rifle ?

Thanks, Mistress_Lynn, Og and TheeGoatPig!
My goodness, what a super cake.

Even soft chocolate would not be sweet enough.

They've been testing and updating the smoke detectors in the school the past few days. I'm almost certain that incessant electronic beeping is what inspired Poe's character in "The TellTale Heart".

Three of the four items crossed off the list. 2:30 in the morning. I'm going to sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back