Isolated Blurt Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You, Sir, have led an incredible, interesting and enviable life. You jammed with the Dead back in the day??? Your daughter is a lucky girl to have such a cool story to tell. Thank you for indulging me. :)
Oh, I never jammed there, only dropped in for the lulz. I did jam (on mountain dulcimer) with Dylan and Baez a few years earlier. Then there was the time I was hanging at the Folk Music Center when Doc Watson arrived before his gig that evening at the Golden Ring. He spent the afternoon tuning autoharps by ear and telling stories. Pure magic

And Elia is embarrassed about the pissing.
 
I'm down on my knees. I want to take you there.

Yes I am listening to Madonna today and you will like it.:mad:
 
I love it when family comes to visit for the weekend, but it really eats into what little writing time I have.
We could stand more family visits but our remote mountain hamlet is a challenge. Writing time is available; writing concentration is elusive. My brain needs a refresh. At least the plot bunnies don't hop away too far or too fast. They're cluttering the place.
 
Oh, I never jammed there, only dropped in for the lulz. I did jam (on mountain dulcimer) with Dylan and Baez a few years earlier. Then there was the time I was hanging at the Folk Music Center when Doc Watson arrived before his gig that evening at the Golden Ring. He spent the afternoon tuning autoharps by ear and telling stories. Pure magic

And Elia is embarrassed about the pissing.

:eek: That's even better! Jamming with Bob and Joan? You have earned my eternal respect and top my list of coolest poster on Lit.
*bows down in complete and utter reverence*
 

Oh, Christ. A fucking drugged-up hippie. That explains the brain damage.


 
:eek: That's even better! Jamming with Bob and Joan? You have earned my eternal respect and top my list of coolest poster on Lit.
*bows down in complete and utter reverence*
No big thang. Joan had a place in the hills above that college town. Her gang patronized the Folk Music Center (FMC, now run by Ben Harper's family). I got into dulcimer from Dick Fariña -- easy to play and cheaper than a guitar. That turned me on to modes and drones, and I still drone modally.

I wasted much time at the old FMC and many Friday hoot nights at the Golden Ring. Musicians often haunted the FMC before Saturday gigs at the Ring. Rev. Gary Davis, Rosalie Sorrels, Guy Carawan and more of the Baez crowd, Mike Seeger, Tom Paxton, Barbara Dane, John and Mike Stewart, a lively bunch. Jamming with twitchy performers was just the usual.
 
You'd be 49 this week. The age gap was a canyon back when we met. Now it feels like nothing. I never dared to even hope or wish for more than your friendship. Now I think my ability to even desire died with you.
 
Virtual Reality?

I still have a massive collection of Viewmaster viewers and reels and some modern reproductions of stereo photographs taken in the 19th and early 20th Centuries.
 
Virtual reality?

Virtual memory is where you swap code banks in and out.
Virtual gardens are where you swap plants in and out.
Virtual reality is where we swap realities in and out.

Back in my mainframe days, we joked that the next IBM or Amdahl product would be a Virtual Universe operating system, VU-380. Yes, just swap universes in and out as needed. Compute fucking ANYTHING! Its supervisor routine? God.Com, of course. We spun much hilarity off that. Fatal program fault --> GOTO Hell. JCL --> Jesus Control Language. Yada yada.
 
Making chickpea, coconut, lime soup. First time making it. Hard to make meals with an ovi vegetarian (no meat, no dairy but eggs okay, eat free range eggs) and a celiac disease sufferer. Luckily most gluten free food is also dairy free. Guess lactose and gluten intolerance go hand in hand for most gluten free foods.
 
I forwarded a spam PM to Laurel. She acknowledged my PM.

She has removed the spam PM and all other PMs sent by that user, so if you have a new PM that has vanished - that was it.
 
I forwarded a spam PM to Laurel. She acknowledged my PM.

She has removed the spam PM and all other PMs sent by that user, so if you have a new PM that has vanished - that was it.

Nobody PM spams me. I feel so neglected. No, this is not an invitation. I 'm just lost in the ozone. And nobody personal-calls because dead. Most of them. Or they should be.
 
Nobody PM spams me. I feel so neglected. No, this is not an invitation. I 'm just lost in the ozone. And nobody personal-calls because dead. Most of them. Or they should be.

I got the spam. Got one from TeflonGuy too. But I took care of that one myself. :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top