Omg, he met with a dictator who imprisoned his people

KUJACK

Literotica Guru
Joined
May 15, 2008
Posts
2,237
Yes Barack Obama met with Castro
 
Last edited:
He would have been willing to meet with Kim too--he said so during he 2012 campaign--except that the Republicans and some Democrats had an apoplectic fit over the idea.

Give that a thought Kujack. I think, if you try real hard, you'll see the hypocrisy that's floating around.
 
Correct, the Obama doctrine was that you talk to your enemies, which sent the right wing whack job BroPatrol completely around the bend, spittle flying off their lips and shouting at clouds.
 
All presidents, going back at least to Ike, have met with foreign dictators at least once. It comes with the territory.
 
All presidents, going back at least to Ike, have met with foreign dictators at least once. It comes with the territory.

Find some quotes of presidents who have gushed about what a great guy they were. :D

But, yes, there have probably even been some who were as totally duped as Trump was to give up a lot for nothing.

No, he didn't get hostages back in this--we'd already gotten the hostages back and past presidents have gotten more back then he has without doing any of this. But, then, getting hostages is pretty easily done by the North Koreans (which should say something about the North Koreans right there).

No, he didn't get the North Koreans either to stop anything in the nuclear field or to blow up a test site. They already were finished with their need for any of that and the test site had already gone kaplooy on its own.

No, he didn't get the one thing he went to the meeting with as a precondition to anything else--he got absolutely nothing (actually less than we've gotten before, although the North Koreans didn't honor what they agreed to before, which is a signal to what they'd honor now) in a North Korean denuclearization.

What he got is what his Russian masters wanted him to get--shattering of the Western alliance and the start of a strategic withdrawal from East Asia. All things that good Republicans have always wanted, of course (not).
 
My point is

Why should we dismiss any president who was willing to meet with the leader of a country
The lessening of tensions is always a good thing
Why is Trump being criticized for trying to lessen tensions throughout the world
 
Last edited:
Why should we dismiss any president who was willing to meet with the leader of a country
The lessening of tensions is always a good thing
Why is Trump being criticized for trying to lessen tensions throughout the world

Because not meeting with them is one of the elements of diplomatic negotiation--it's a chit to trade for something. It's not so much that you wouldn't meet with them but that meeting with them is a significant chit to get something from the other side.

A chief-of-state meeting represents a certain level of acceptability. If you aren't at that level--and since the lack of a end to the Korean War that was set off by the North's invasion of the South (with it being the UN, not just the United States at war with the DPRK) with the unresolved addition of the North Korean seizure of the Pueblo in international waters (which no one seems to remember) the North Koreans haven't had anything to give to justify having a chief-of-state meeting. (Now they do have augmented nuclear capability, but nothing was really demanded in concrete terms on that.) Trump just cut through all of that and got nothing (and has given quite a lot now without getting anything yet).

It's premature to say that Trump has lessened tensions--and is something only those with very little knowledge of the balances in the world would say. First, North Korea has never honored anything; there's no one in the know who will say this has lessened any tensions with them. They could fire off negating salvos tomorrow (as could the completely unreliable Trump administration). North Korea has already got what it wants from the meeting. Beyond that, China and Russia now have new strategic advances and U.S. relations with South Korea and Japan are seriously out of whack. And idiotically Trump has simultaneously unbalanced U.S. relations with all of the rest of its major allies. No one's fired off nuclear weapons in the last ten minutes, but if you think tensions have been relieved, you don't have much understanding of international relations and the United States' placement therein.

And an oh, by the way. Do you or anyone else here think that anything Donald Trump dropped as free party favors to Kim at this meeting has been approved by or coordinated with either his Republican party, the U.S. Congress, or the U.S. Defense Department?--because no one there seems to know he was going to give the gifts he gave. Can any of the Trumpettes here remember what Trump and minions went to this meeting saying they had to get from North Korea to give them anything? But have come away without.

Bottom line. Donald Trump is an idiot and lousy negotiator (which we have every reason to know already from his many business failings in the past in that area) who has absolutely no idea what he's doing and needs to be stopped--and this is so with his grossly hypocritical supporters as well.
 
Last edited:
Yes, Obama met with Castro to help normalize relations between the two countries and to ease travel restrictions between the US and Cuba. However, I don’t recall Obama languishing high praise on Castro, saying Fidel loved his people and is a great leader, a gentle soul that was a loving and caring person. Kim has several prisons which are noting more than extermination camps akin to Dachau and Auschwitz, he has had hundreds of public executions to eliminate enemies of the state including his own uncle. How does this equate to a kind and loving leader?

Obama did get some travel restrictions removed so Americans could visit their family still on the idea and as far as I know Obama didn’t give up anything. Trump gave up military presents on the 38th, and ended military training operations in the Sea of Japan and South Korea and received nothing in return except a promise to end the North Korean nuclear program the same promise made and broken over and over again again since the Thurman administration.
 
Goodies?

First Obama met with Raul Castro not Fidel
As far as goodies go how about Obama giving hundreds of billions of dollars to Iran including 1.3 billion dollars in cash converted from Dollars into Euros so that the Iranians could spend it in Europe
Worst deal in the history of man
 
First Obama met with Raul Castro not Fidel
As far as goodies go how about Obama giving hundreds of billions of dollars to Iran including 1.3 billion dollars in cash converted from Dollars into Euros so that the Iranians could spend it in Europe
Worst deal in the history of man

Good god, give up this crap about money given to Iran. It was Iran's money. It was just unfrozen. It wasn't anyone else's money.

Why do you people just run on and on on the strength of lies?
 
Really

Do you know how hard it is to convert 103 billion dollars in $2 and then convert them into Euros to give to the Iranians and then fly them to them with a plane seriously it is unbelievable and that you think it's a wonderful thing and it's not unusual oh my God you are stupid
 
Do you know how hard it is to convert 103 billion dollars in $2 and then convert them into Euros to give to the Iranians and then fly them to them with a plane seriously it is unbelievable and that you think it's a wonderful thing and it's not unusual oh my God you are stupid


yoou've obviously never heard of iran/contra.
 
Back
Top