What does the inside of a stripclub/nightclub look like?

John Blackhawk

Literotica Guru
Joined
Oct 12, 2005
Posts
795
A question i have for anyone who can answer it. Since i'm thinking about writing a story that takes place in a night club or strip club. What is it like inside either one? What do the higher end establishments have? I ask because i never really had the opportunity to go in the fancier sort of establishments.
 
A question i have for anyone who can answer it. Since i'm thinking about writing a story that takes place in a night club or strip club. What is it like inside either one? What do the higher end establishments have? I ask because i never really had the opportunity to go in the fancier sort of establishments.

If you are in Vegas, it's about size. There are some strip clubs that have THOUSANDS of strippers working. If you had a specific type like a blonde, asian cowgirl, I have no doubt that you could probably find two of them. Also, imagine going to a typical strip club in your home town. The girls are pretty but there's that one girl that's just smoking hot compared to the rest. Now imagine if that the one smoking hot girl from every podunk strip joint moved to Vegas to work.
 
Big difference between night club and strip club

Night Clubs are very different than Strip Clubs.

Night Clubs tend to have a lot of men and women, usually have dancing and an open bar, and the action is between the patrons. The term "meat market" might apply - most people are either already with a possible hook-up or looking for one.

Strip Clubs are about 90% (or more) men in the audience and the women are paid to be there and paid to undress. A whole different vibe.

In general, Night Clubs are usually classier - some are more like discos (loud music/dancing lights, etc.) and others are more like high end bars with an emphasis on high end cocktails, etc.

Most strip clubs are not classy. The chairs all face a few stages and it can feel quite tawdry.
 
A question i have for anyone who can answer it. Since i'm thinking about writing a story that takes place in a night club or strip club. What is it like inside either one? What do the higher end establishments have? I ask because i never really had the opportunity to go in the fancier sort of establishments.

A strip "club" is not usually a club at all...it's a bar (though at certain times you may have to pay to get in usually after 6 to 8 pm)


The lighting is dim, often fluorescent.

There are a number of stages - large enough for one or two "dancers". I've seen some with just one stage but usually it's at least 3.
Girls usually dance (if you can call it that) around a pole...they have elastic garter belts so you can walk up to the stage and slip a few bills under it.
That will get you a hug and a kiss when their dance is finished and they step down.

Girls will walk around in underwear or some sort of revealing costume.

If you're sitting at a table or on a bar stool, expect girls to come up to you and start chatting...you're now on the clock and they expect you to start buying them drinks, tipping them and/or buying a lap dance (or 3).

Everything is cash $$$

ATM in the corner

Some in tourist places will look to rip you off perhaps but in most cities that allow strip bars, they want you to come back so they'll make you feel you got value for money.
There are bouncers but they are also there to look after you...stay sober and obey the rules and they're on your side.

Publicly they also forbid any form of prostitution and the 'dancers" aren't allowed to "date" customers for an hour or two outside...but everyone knows it goes on.

In Atlanta, $150 will get you a blow job in a private room (perhaps more down town).
 
Last edited:
I've only been to one, it was a small club in Princeton, WV, called Cherry Bomb. Like someone stated, it's nothing like you see in the movies, well most movies. After I paid my fee and submitted to a pat-down, I walked inside. There was a center stage and cafe tables surrounded the entire stage, up close to the stage were normal wooden chairs for those who wanted to get up close and tip.

When you sit down, you'll be approached in 5-10 minutes by a girl who wants you to buy her drink. Everything is money, whether you're buying over priced drinks, tipping the girl who's dancing or getting a lapdance. As for the inside, it was very basic. Mirrored walls, fluorescent lights, etc. If you've never been inside a strip club, it isn't too hard to use your imagination. Higher-end strip clubs are probably a different story.

On a side note, I discovered one thing I didn't expect. The strip club I went to of course allowed smoking, and in such a small building with so many people smoking, you'd think they had a fog machine going in that place. There were times I had to go to the bathroom or bury my face in the palm of my hands. The smoke would burn my eyes and make them water.
 
It's tv but The Sopranos has the Bada Bing strip club in it where you could get an idea of it. It was an actual strip club called Satin Dolls or something and the Bada Bing scenes were filmed off hours. Incidentally, in real life the Satin Dolls was shut down a couple months ago by the government for being "mobbed up".
 
I used to patronize a strip club in San Diego called Dirty Dan's. It had a large central stage, with small round tables all around it, each with around four folding chairs. There was a bar off to one side, but few people went to it as there were plenty of waitresses to fetch you drinks. There were also seats right up at the stage, which is where you sat if you wanted to stuff bills into the g-strings of the strippers. It was very dark and smokey, except for the spotlights on the strippers. And of course there was a back room for those willing to pay for "something extra."

I worked for a large company, and whenever somebody retired/quit/moved away, we would take them to Dirty Dan's for their "last lunch." We rarely made it back to work for the afternoon.
 
Last edited:
Night Clubs are very different than Strip Clubs.

Night Clubs tend to have a lot of men and women, usually have dancing and an open bar, and the action is between the patrons. The term "meat market" might apply - most people are either already with a possible hook-up or looking for one.

Strip Clubs are about 90% (or more) men in the audience and the women are paid to be there and paid to undress. A whole different vibe.

In general, Night Clubs are usually classier - some are more like discos (loud music/dancing lights, etc.) and others are more like high end bars with an emphasis on high end cocktails, etc.

Most strip clubs are not classy. The chairs all face a few stages and it can feel quite tawdry.

I am guessing you haven't visited any of the many stripclubs in Portland Oregon. Many of them are not at all like you depicted. I actually haven't been in a few years. I should go.
 
They're different

It depends on how upscale a place is. The fancier ones have nice couches and chairs because the dancers are perched on them, hovering over men, grinding into men. There may be one main stage, or two or three and those are elevated platforms with usually wood or mirrors on the floor so you can see more angles. There is a pole up there, dark colors, and the entire edge of the stage is lit with Christmas lights, or plastic tubes with small white bulbs in them. Men line up and give the girl a dollar or a few bucks and she lets them put the money wherever they want.

There's a bar in the back with some HD tvs showing late West Coast baseball (I'm EST in U.S.) and it's quiet because the bartenders are mostly dressed. Shot girls wander around trying to pass off test tubes of juice for 2 bucks by suggesting there's alcohol. The floor is thin carpet, the walls are purple or black, the lights are low, and the music is loud.
 
Strip clubs

Top end versus bottom end. In the end it is a nude or semi nude female. My wife and I visited one of the Club Risqué in Florida around 3pm. Not the highest end dancers at that time of day. But my wife and I still had a nice couples private dance (three songs) in a private room. My wife enjoyed the girl on girl dance.

Visit a club and get a real in person view of what to write about.

War Bonds Swingers
Paul
 
One thing you may be able to use in your story is a term I heard from some people who frequent strip clubs. Those chairs/stools at the bar where you can get an up-close look is called "pervert row", and they usually have the rowdy happy drunk guys who part with $1 bills easily.
 
Everything is shiny except the stage, which will be scuffed.

Most of the surfaces are either mirrored, black, or dark red.

The girls only smile when they’re making eye contact.

Go visit one.
 
Back
Top