The Nobel Prize (for propaganda)

Dear Trysail, I have and do admire you education and ideas and respect your thoughts as much as I do anyone's on this forum and elsewhere...

However...as I have had the time and the luxury to surf the available information I have become aware of bright spots here and there that begin to question, with reason and rationality, the rush of lemmings to the ecological sea of disaster.

Aside from serious questioning about the veracity of the global warming fanatics, I have noted serious accusations that the past forty years of energy restrictions, all political events may have been responsible for the current shortages and high prices.

In other words, truth is slowly bubbling up and the cream is rising. It is perhaps a small beginning and much suffering must yet occur to bring full awareness and it may indeed be too late to prevent a near collapse of society as we know it, but, just but, perhaps not.

We can but hope...my active participation is a thing of the past...t'is the task of others to carry on the good fight...

good luck to all...


amicus...
 
The Sloppy Science of Global Warming

While a politician might be faulted for pushing a particular agenda that serves his own purposes, who can fault the impartial scientist who warns us of an imminent global-warming Armageddon? After all, the practice of science is an unbiased search for the truth, right? The scientists have spoken on global warming. There is no more debate. But let me play devil’s advocate. Just how good is the science underpinning the theory of manmade global warming? My answer might surprise you: it is 10 miles wide, but only 2 inches deep.

Contrary to what you have been led to believe, there is no solid published evidence that has ruled out a natural cause for most of our recent warmth – not one peer-reviewed paper. The reason: our measurements of global weather on decadal time scales are insufficient to reject such a possibility. For instance, the last 30 years of the strongest warming could have been caused by a very slight change in cloudiness. What might have caused such a change? Well, one possibility is the sudden shift to more frequent El Niño events (and fewer La Niña events) since the 1970s. That shift also coincided with a change in another climate index, the Pacific Decadal Oscillation.

The associated warming in Alaska was sudden, and at the same time we just happened to start satellite monitoring of Arctic sea ice. Coincidences do happen, you know…that’s why we have a word for them.

We make a big deal out of the “unprecedented” 2007 opening of the Northwest Passage as summertime sea ice in the Arctic Ocean gradually receded, yet the very warm 1930s in the Arctic also led to the Passage opening in the 1940s. Of course, we had no satellites to measure the sea ice back then.

So, since we cannot explore the possibility of a natural source for some of our warming, due to a lack of data, scientists instead explore what we have measured: manmade greenhouse gas emissions. And after making some important assumptions about how clouds and water vapor (the main greenhouse components of the atmosphere) respond to the extra carbon dioxide, scientists can explain all of the recent warming.

Never mind that there is some evidence indicating that it was just as warm during the Medieval Warm Period. While climate change used to be natural, apparently now it is entirely manmade. But a few of us out there in the climate research community are rattling our cages. In the August 2007 Geophysical Research Letters, my colleagues and I published some satellite evidence for a natural cooling mechanism in the tropics that was not thought to exist. Called the “Infrared Iris” effect, it was originally hypothesized by Prof. Richard Lindzen at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.

By analyzing six years of data from a variety of satellites and satellite sensors, we found that when the tropical atmosphere heats up due to enhanced rainfall activity, the rain systems there produce less cirrus cloudiness, allowing more infrared energy to escape to space. The combination of enhanced solar reflection and infrared cooling by the rain systems was so strong that, if such a mechanism is acting upon the warming tendency from increasing carbon dioxide, it will reduce manmade global warming by the end of this century to a small fraction of a degree. Our results suggest a “low sensitivity” for the climate system.

What, you might wonder, has been the media and science community response to our work? Absolute silence. No doubt the few scientists who are aware of it consider it interesting, but not relevant to global warming. You see, only the evidence that supports the theory of manmade global warming is relevant these days.

The behavior we observed in the real climate system is exactly opposite to how computerized climate models that predict substantial global warming have been programmed to behave. We are still waiting to see if any of those models are adjusted to behave like the real climate system in this regard.

And our evidence against a “sensitive” climate system does not end there. In another study (conditionally accepted for publication in the Journal of Climate) we show that previously published evidence for a sensitive climate system is partly due to a misinterpretation of our observations of climate variability. For example, when low cloud cover is observed to decrease with warming, this has been interpreted as the clouds responding to the warming in such a way that then amplifies it. This is called “positive feedback,” which translates into high climate sensitivity.

But what if the decrease in low clouds were the cause, rather than the effect, of the warming? While this might sound like too simple a mistake to make, it is surprisingly difficult to separate cause and effect in the climate system. And it turns out that any such non-feedback process that causes a temperature change will always look like positive feedback. Something as simple as daily random cloud variations can cause long-term temperature variability that looks like positive feedback, even if in reality there is negative feedback operating.

The fact is that so much money and effort have gone into the theory that mankind is 100 percent responsible for climate change that it now seems too late to turn back. Entire careers (including my own) depend upon the threat of global warming. Politicians have also jumped aboard the Global Warming Express, and this train has no brakes.

While it takes only one scientific paper to disprove a theory, I fear that no amount of evidence will be able to counter what everyone now considers true. If tomorrow the theory of manmade global warming were proved to be a false alarm, one might reasonably expect a collective sigh of relief from everyone. But instead there would be cries of anguish from vested interests.

About the only thing that might cause global warming hysteria to end will be a prolonged period of cooling…or at least, very little warming. We have now had at least six years without warming, and no one really knows what the future will bring. And if warming does indeed end, I predict that there will be no announcement from the scientific community that they were wrong. There will simply be silence. The issue will slowly die away as Congress reduces funding for climate change research.

Oh, there will still be some diehards who will continue to claim that warming will resume at any time. And many will believe them. Some folks will always view our world as a fragile, precariously balanced system rather than a dynamic, resilient one. In such a world-view, any manmade disturbance is by definition bad. Forests can change our climate, but people aren’t allowed to.

It is unfortunate that our next generation of researchers and teachers is being taught to trust emotions over empirical evidence. Polar bears are much more exciting than the careful analysis of data. Social and political ends increasingly trump all other considerations. Science that is not politically correct is becoming increasingly difficult to publish. Even science reporting has become more sensationalist in recent years.

I am not claiming that all of our recent warming is natural. But the extreme reluctance for most scientists to even entertain the possibility that some of it might be natural suggests to me that climate research has become corrupted. I fear that the sloppy practice of climate change science will damage our discipline for a long time to come.

Roy W. Spencer is a principal research scientist at the University of Alabama in Huntsville. His book, Climate Confusion: How Global Warming Leads to Bad Science, Pandering Politicians and Misguided Policies that Hurt the Poor, will be published this month.


http://www.energytribune.com/articles.cfm?aid=828
 
arch 19th, 2008 1:05 PM Eastern
Where’s the warming?
by Janice Dean

Very interesting article from NPR:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=88520025

Some 3,000 scientific robots that are plying the ocean have sent home a puzzling message. These diving instruments suggest that the oceans have not warmed up at all over the past four or five years. That could mean global warming has taken a breather. Or it could mean scientists aren’t quite understanding what their robots are telling them.

This is puzzling in part because here on the surface of the Earth, the years since 2003 have been some of the hottest on record. But Josh Willis at NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory says the oceans are what really matter when it comes to global warming.

In fact, 80 percent to 90 percent of global warming involves heating up ocean waters. They hold much more heat than the atmosphere can. So Willis has been studying the ocean with a fleet of robotic instruments called the Argo system. The buoys can dive 3,000 feet down and measure ocean temperature. Since the system was fully deployed in 2003, it has recorded no warming of the global oceans.

“There has been a very slight cooling, but not anything really significant,” Willis says. So the buildup of heat on Earth may be on a brief hiatus. “Global warming doesn’t mean every year will be warmer than the last. And it may be that we are in a period of less rapid warming.”

In recent years, heat has actually been flowing out of the ocean and into the air. This is a feature of the weather phenomenon known as El Nino. So it is indeed possible the air has warmed but the ocean has not. But it’s also possible that something more mysterious is going on.

That becomes clear when you consider what’s happening to global sea level. Sea level rises when the oceans get warm because warmer water expands. This accounts for about half of global sea level rise. So with the oceans not warming, you would expect to see less sea level rise. Instead, sea level has risen about half an inch in the past four years. That’s a lot.

Willis says some of this water is apparently coming from a recent increase in the melting rate of glaciers in Greenland and Antarctica.

“But in fact there’s a little bit of a mystery. We can’t account for all of the sea level increase we’ve seen over the last three or four years,” he says.

One possibility is that the sea has, in fact, warmed and expanded — and scientists are somehow misinterpreting the data from the diving buoys.

But if the aquatic robots are actually telling the right story, that raises a new question: Where is the extra heat all going?

Kevin Trenberth at the National Center for Atmospheric Research says it’s probably going back out into space. The Earth has a number of natural thermostats, including clouds, which can either trap heat and turn up the temperature, or reflect sunlight and help cool the planet.

That can’t be directly measured at the moment, however.

“Unfortunately, we don’t have adequate tracking of clouds to determine exactly what role they’ve been playing during this period,” Trenberth says.

It’s also possible that some of the heat has gone even deeper into the ocean, he says. Or it’s possible that scientists need to correct for some other feature of the planet they don’t know about. It’s an exciting time, though, with all this new data about global sea temperature, sea level and other features of climate.

“I suspect that we’ll able to put this together with a little bit more perspective and further analysis,” Trenberth says. “But what this does is highlight some of the issues and send people back to the drawing board.”

Trenberth and Willis agree that a few mild years have no effect on the long-term trend of global warming. But they say there are still things to learn about how our planet copes with the heat.


~~~

Heard a brief blurb on the news about this report...thought you might enjoy it...Amicus...
 


The following quotation is from a highly-trained geologist:


"All I know is, 18,000 years ago the house where I was born was under 1000 meters of ice. Now the ice is gone and we have the Great Lakes. The ice has retreated 2000+ km to Greenland (that's an average of 111 meters/year). Because so much water was locked up in ice, sea level was ~120 meters below what it is now (an average rise of 6.7 mm/year). This is how native Americans walked to America from Asia across the 'Bering Land Bridge' - sea level was lower. Long Island is a glacial moraine, so are Nantucket and Martha's Vineyard. Bunker Hill is a glacial drumlin. Chicago sits on a glacial outwash plain. Depressions occupied by the finger lakes of upstate NY were scoured out by glaciers. All this melting did not occur in the last 200 years since people started burning oil and coal. There was a warming trend in the 1100s (hence Viking settlements in GREENland) and a cooling trend in the 1700s. Climate has always changed on cycles of hundreds, thousands, hundreds of thousands, millions and tens of millions of years. This is reflected in relative sea level curves derived from sequence stratigraphic analysis. I refer you to 'Milankovitch Cyles' and papers by Haq, Wiemer and Posamentier, Miall, Galloway (and many others) on sequence stratigraphy.

Don't be too dismissive of the global warming skeptics."
 
Last edited:
These people are nuts (see below). They have stampeded people into believing what has to number among the biggest scams in all of human history. An entire generation has been brainwashed into accepting a completely unproved theory as proven science. It's astounding. Where are the adults?

They're not going to stop until either the lights go out or your gasoline and utility bills quintuple. I'm betting it'll be the lights that go out first-- shortly after new automobiles end up costing $60,000. apiece and the average monthly utility bill comes in at ~$1,000. If you want to know why the price of wheat and corn (a/k/a maize) has quadrupled, I'll give you a hint: ethanol.

Where do people think energy and electricity comes from? Apparently, they believe this stuff appears magically. Nobody can build nuclear generators; nobody can get permits for LNG receiving terminals; nobody can get permits to construct coal-fired generating facilities; nobody can drill off the West Coast; nobody can drill off the East Coast; nobody can drill off Florida's west coast; nobody can drill ANWR; nobody can drill in the Chukchi.

Instead, each and every year the U.S. chooses to send billions and billions of dollars abroad into the hands of god-only knows who.

A day will come when even those people will be unwilling to accept payment in U.S. dollars. They'll want real money issued by an economy that is based on something other than the production of noise, tort lawyers, home pizza delivery, celebrity worship, and paper shuffling.

__________________________________________________

Obama Says He Would Give Gore Key Role Shaping Climate Policy

Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama said that if elected he would consider asking former Vice President Al Gore to take a cabinet-level position focused on tackling global climate change.

"Gore would be at the table and play a central role in us figuring out how we solve this problem,'' Illinois Senator Obama said today in response to a question during a campaign event outside Philadelphia in Wallingford, Pennsylvania.

Obama said he consults with Gore regularly about issues related to global warming.

"Climate change is real,'' Obama said. "It's something we have to deal with now.''
 


I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes. The BBC (which along with NPR, PBS, the New York Times and every other media outlet has bought into anthropogenic global warming hook, line and sinker) reports that global temperatures have not risen for ten (10) straight years. Naturally, the proponents of anthropogenic global warming...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/7329799.stm


 
Last edited:
Thanks for continuing the good fight, Trysail, unfortunately I have two more, at least to add to the evangelical 'true believers'.

That would be the Weather Channel, which has been pushing the global warming propaganda for almost two years and NASA in general, their television programs, documentaries and teaching tools for students of all ages.

I am a little tired of fighting the 'good fight' for the past half century...happy to at least know you are picking up the torch.

Good luck!

Ami....
 
http://www.resourceinvestor.com/pebble.asp?relid=41685

Anthropogenic Global Warming Hoax Heats Up
By Tim Wood
04 Apr 2008

St. LOUIS-- The BBC today aired a story confirming what responsible scientists have been saying for some time – that there has been no notable variation in global temperatures for the past ten years.

This is an inconvenient truth for the vast edifice being built atop the myth that human related carbon dioxide has exceeded some imagined tipping point, turning the world into a deadly hotbox.

The World Meteorological Organization literally blames the El Niño Pacific current for upsetting the carefully orchestrated media meme of runaway heating caused by all that nasty capitalist production. What they should be admitting is the relative ignorance of scientists about all the factors that drive climate variation. The fact that the WMO and Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change were incapable of reflecting El Niño’s impact on their temperature models simply underscores how politically driven and unscientific climate science has become. The “consensus” models must be considered worthless after years of failed predictions. To be fair, the IPCC models admit that they do not even take Pacific Decadal Oscillation into account.

***

Laughably, Adam Scaife, lead scientist for Modelling Climate Variability at the Hadley Centre in Exeter, told the BBC that La Niña is just noise amidst a larger climate change signal. Isn’t it amazing that mere noise can disrupt every major climate change model…

It’s worth reviewing why no reasonable person subscribes to the idea that human related carbon dioxide is causing catastrophic global warming. Some basic points:

  • Persons and interests unknown claim to have identified with incredible precision Earth’s optimum temperature, sea level, snow cover, ice packing, crop yields, soil moisture, ocean salinity, speciation, particulate concentrations in the atmosphere, crustal movement, weather severity and forestation among thousands of other variables of life. Absurd, isn’t it? These supposedly optimum levels relate to a recent period when more sophisticated measurement and data analysis became possible, and which conveniently coincides with the end of a mini ice age. The reasons for selecting this false optimum equilibrium must be political rather than scientific since the long-run climate data shows much greater volatility than the earth has recently experienced. Precession, anyone?
  • Ideological interests antipathetic to modernism run the business of global climate change. Consider just the acquiescence of “scientists” to the United Nation’s repeated publication of climate policy recommendations before supporting scientific materials are published. In fact, the UN IPCC openly stated last year that scientific reports were being modified to fit policy recommendations, which required the delay in publication. And how else do you take this quote from Maurice Strong, one of the big bananas in the global green junta: “Isn't the only hope for the planet that the industrialized civilizations collapse? Isn't it our responsibility to bring about?”
  • Climate “science” is pimped by big money lobbies and transglobal ideological movements. American federal funding of climate research alone runs to some $5 billion per year. Take careful note how the green movement is hysterically assertive about controlling climate change money flows via the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCC). The reason is obvious – it provides the best means to wrest policy making away from elected and accountable politicians.
  • Climate science is subject to peer review rather than auditing, which is insufficient control for public policy decisions. Canadian geologists Stephen McIntyre and Ross McKitrick demonstrated this by uncovering what can only be described as the fraudulent development of Michael Mann’s “Temperature Hockey Stick” graph. The IPCC relied heavily on the graph – which was extensively “peer reviewed” – to support demands for urgent policy changes. The graph has since been abandoned after being exposed as a fabrication.
  • One fraud is sufficient to disqualify any organization from retaining trust, respect and authority. The IPCC is guilty of more than one fraud, whilst elite agencies and academies are routinely being embarrassed by research errors. For example, see how the Hadley Center responded when cold temperatures this January and February disrupted the politically correct view of incessant warming. NASA also recently admitted a serious error with its temperature data. Also, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) does not adjust temperature data the way a sister federal agency, NASA, does.
  • The most widely cited climate models with respect to policy impacts are scenario projects – which is how adults describe creative thinking. To quote a climate change insider: “None of the models used by the IPCC are initialized to the observed state and none of the climate states in the models correspond even remotely to the current observed climate. In particular, the state of the oceans, sea ice, and soil moisture has no relationship to the observed state at any recent time in any of the IPCC models.” – Dr. Kevin Trenberth, Head of the Climate Analysis Section at the National Center for Atmospheric Research, and lead author of the UN IPCC’s Scientific Assessment of Climate Change. Note his half-hearted admission that climate science is in its infancy, yet he is willing to support destructive policy changes based on his faith.
  • Observed real climate systems behave opposite to the predictions of the leading computer models.
  • Global temperatures have been much higher (5 degrees centigrade) in the past than they are now or are projected to be.
  • A majority of climate data collection stations in the United States are compromised by poor location and other factors. Agencies have been “adjusting” this data with a clear upward bias for temperatures.
  • Climate politicians have arbitrarily rejected more than 90,000 direct measurements of CO2 in the atmosphere, carried out in America, Asia, and Europe between 1812 and 1961. These measurements are highly accurate and contradict the ice core data that global warming myths are built on.
  • Anthropogenic carbon dioxide is irrelevant to greenhouse effects.
    1.Water vapor constitutes 95% of the greenhouse effect.
    2.Human activity is responsible for just 3% of CO2 emissions. The other 97% comes from natural sources.
    3. CO2 concentrations in the atmosphere are not historically unusual, despite the IPCC’s false claim that 379ppmv is “far above” the “natural range” for the past 650,000 years. As recently as 1942, CO2 was 400ppmv. More reliable data shows that over the last 10,000 years CO2 concentrations generally exceeded 300ppmv. It is also stands to reason that even if CO2 concentrations are unusual, it is irresponsible to ascribe most of the increase to anthropogenic causes given that humans are responsible for so little of it.
    4.The assumptions of CO2 glaciology used to infer historically lower levels of CO2 are demonstrably false.
    5.The correct interpretation of CO2 ice core data reveals the gas increases following temperature increases. In other words, the consensus has cause and effect completely reversed. When the earth warms up, CO2 is traded from oceans to the atmosphere and vice versa.
  • Climate politics has ignored astronomical impacts, such as solar activity for the past 50 years exceeding thousands of recent years.
  • Ice measurements show no alarming net loss of ice such that you will need a kayak to get to work in Manhattan in 2015. Satellite data from NASA shows Greenland’s ice thinning at the margins, but thickening inland such that the total ice measured has increased. Antarctica has been losing ice in the west and gaining in the east, though there has been a net loss. The estimate for the impact on sea levels is an increase of half a millimeter per year!
  • Demands for anthropogenic greenhouse gas reductions are oblivious to the costs and benefits. This is an unreasonable and irrational approach to any problem, but especially for a project that claims to be able to restore Earth to a mythical optimum climate.
 
mr wood, and apparently trysail himself, need lessons on organizing their thoughts, paragraphing etc. see goobledy-gook above above. they should not rely on amicus' theory of (no) paragraphing.

try ignores that there are many reasons to diversify our sources of energy, beyond coal and oil and nuclear. only ONE reason has to do with global warming. others have to do, for instance, with limits of supply, environmental degradation, etc.
 

What the hell? Since it truly is precedent-shattering, it's worth a repeat:

I wouldn't haved believed it if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes. The BBC (which along with NPR, PBS, the New York Times and every other media outlet has bought into anthropogenic global warming hook, line and sinker) reports that global temperatures have not risen for ten (10) straight years. Naturally, the proponents of anthropogenic global warming...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/7329799.stm


 
try's reading difficulties

try, spouting,
The BBC (which along with NPR, PBS, the New York Times and every other media outlet has bought into anthropogenic global warming hook, line and sinker) reports that global temperatures have not risen for ten (10) straight years.

from his own BBC source, above:

//The World Meteorological Organization's secretary-general, Michel Jarraud, told the BBC it was likely that La Nina would continue into the summer. [etc]

This would mean that temperatures have not risen globally since 1998 when El Nino warmed the world.

A minority of scientists question whether this means global warming has peaked and argue the Earth has proved more resilient to greenhouse gases than predicted.

But Mr Jarraud insisted this was not the case and noted that 2008 temperatures would still be well above average for the century.

"When you look at climate change you should not look at any particular year," he said. "You should look at trends over a pretty long period and the trend of temperature globally is still very much indicative of warming.

"La Nina is part of what we call 'variability'. There has always been and there will always be cooler and warmer years, but what is important for climate change is that the trend is up; the climate on average is warming even if there is a temporary cooling because of La Nina."
===

see, as with try, i've found that bigger fonts make things true.
 
http://www.cato.org/pub_display.php?pub_id=9327
Climate Speculators Have (Robin's) Egg on Their Face
Patrick J. Michaels

I know it’s here when swarms of red-breasted robins descend on my Virginia farm, rooting for every worm that survived winter.

No one gains much political traction writing about global warming’s threat to turkey buzzards, but robins are cute, so they’re more often the subject of climate change speculation.

Global warming is not pushing the robin to extinction. Au contraire: It’s expanding the robin’s range northward, into places where it's never been seen. Robins are venturing so far north that they’ve even been sighted in the Inuit territory of northern Canada, where, Sen. John McCain tells us, there isn’t even a word for the birds.

Yes, even John McCain has feathered his political nest with the robin’s expansion. Back in 2004, after a hearing McCain organized as chairman of the Senate Commerce, Science and Transportation Committee, The New York Times’ Andrew Revkin noted that he was particularly concerned about the rapid warming of the Arctic.

"The Inuit language for 10,000 years never had a word for 'robin,'" McCain lamented, "and now there are robins all over their villages." The BBC even titled a program on arctic warming "No Word for 'Robin': Climate Change in the Canadian Arctic."

What a shame! Pretty little birds invading the Arctic, bringing joy with their whoop of spring!

But, of course, it’s not true. Like the tale of the endangered polar bears that happen to be at or near record population levels, the robin story is yet another climate confabulation. It ranks with the death of frogs in the mountains of Colombia now shown to be caused not by global warming, but by the introduction of fatal fungus on the shoes of concerned ecotourists.

It’s always instructive to consult the wisdom of our elders about climate change, and so I found an article, "The Naming of Birds by Nanamuit Eskimo," by Laurence Irving of the U.S. Public Health Service in Anchorage, Alaska, in a 1953 edition of the refereed journal Arctic.

Irving describes his extensive visits with the people of Northern Alaska, residing in the Brooks Range — the most northerly mountain chain in the United States. He compared English names for birds with the Eskimo names of the ones they encountered.

Irving noted that the bird names were given by the Nanamuit elders. They were no birdie-come-latelys.

Irving’s list brings us the Nanamuit word for "robin": "Koyapigaktoruk." While this may surprise Sen. McCain or the BBC, the Nanamuits saw robins, and this is their phonetic way of describing the tones of an arriving redbreast looking for a mate.

Nesting, and not just some windblown flotsam? Irving designated the robin’s status as "NM," meaning "nesting migrant."

The lack of due diligence on the subject of climate change can be breathtaking. In 1913, Vilhjalmur Stefansson published a book, now available at Amazon.com, called "My Life With the Eskimo." Look it up online and search for "robin," and on page 493 you will find text describing robin sightings, obviously before 1913 (and before global warming), all over the Canadian Arctic.

Stefansson gives the word as "Kre-ku-ak’tu-yok," which sounds suspiciously like the 1953 word given by Irving. That’s the Canadian word. It’s "Shab’wak" in Alaskan Eskimo.

There are plenty of words in Inuit, or Eskimo, describing our red-breasted harbingers of spring. What’s a little disturbing is how the myth of the robin persists, when it is so easy to find the truth.

My minions in Charlottesville informed The Times of the error six months ago. Finally, on April 3, Andrew Revkin posted an acknowledgement on his blog, but no correction in the newspaper itself. We’ve been holding our breath waiting for it to appear in print, only to turn robin's-egg blue.

At the same time, how about a little truth-telling about the hoax of "Warming Island," an islet off Greenland that was — erroneously — thought to be a part of Greenland, connected by land lying beneath the ice.

As Greenland warmed over the last decade, the ice melted and revealed open water underneath, thus giving birth to a "new" island. Climate change enthusiasts claimed the channel between island and mainland had not been revealed for countless millennia.

As it turns out, maps show that Warming Island, indeed, was very much an island a mere 50 years ago, when Greenland, in fact, was warmer than it has been for the last 10 years.

As sure as the robin’s song of spring, we continue to hope that America’s best newspaper (and the BBC) will sing out the truth about climate change and the bob, bob, bobbin’ of the red, red Koyapigaktoruk in the North American Arctic.
 


Where's the missing ice??

global.daily.ice.area.withtrend.jpg


http://arctic.atmos.uiuc.edu/cryosphere/IMAGES/global.daily.ice.area.withtrend.jpg

 
Last edited:
the trouble with try,

is that he can't make up his mind.

on these questions:

1) IS there, over decades or centuries, global warming?

2) How significant is the Human contribution to global warming?

3) How beneficial or harmful is global warming?

Instead you see a series of "fall backs," inconsistencies like the fellow, accused of robbery who says, "your honor, i wasn't at that bank, at the time of the roberry. but if i was, i didn't rob it. but if i did rob it, it was to get money to feed my kids."

try's posts say, "there is NO global warming, but if there is, the human caused (anthropogenic) part of it is almost insignificant. and if there is warming, its effects are mostly beneficial."
 


19,000 scientists have signed a petition saying global warming probably is natural and not a crisis. See the complete list at:
http://www.oism.org/pproject

The claim that global warming is a "crisis" has been thoroughly debunked by leading scientists around the world. Surveys show most scientists do not believe most of the modern warming is due to human activities or that the Earth's climate is sufficiently understood to make reliable forecasts possible.
http://www.globalwarmingheartland.org

Most scientists and economists oppose Al Gore's murderous scheme to slow down the world's economic engine in return for a trivial effect on the Earth's climate.

Global warming is not a crisis.

"Most men would rather die than think."
-Bertrand Russell


 
Last edited:
I feel like I've just walked past one of those guys on the streetcorners with the cardboard signs, yelling at the top of their lungs...

:eek:
 
as you see, selena, try is unable to answer the simple question:

is there global warming

(higher average temps, measured over the decades and centuries).?
 
as you see, selena, try is unable to answer the simple question:

is there global warming

(higher average temps, measured over the decades and centuries).?

Isn't global "warming" actually a misnomer? Some parts of the world may warm, some may cool due to the heat trapped in the Earth's atmosphere... but it's more about extreme and erratic weather patterns, isn't it? Hell, that we've seen already...
 
Gosh, everywhere I look SK is out slashing and burning with a veangance!

Climate change is a legitimate area for scientific investigation, since research has shown that climate does indeed change and the 'why's and wherefore's' are a worthy pursuit.

However, 'Anthropogenic' man caused, climate change is a political scam, one of many ways the anti industrial, anti growth contingent of universal socialism, worship of the collective, employ to combat the freedom of the individual and man in general...

gads girl....

;)

ami
 
Last edited:
http://www.climatescienceinternational.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=37&Itemid=1

Manhattan Declaration on Climate Change

We, the scientists and researchers in climate and related fields, economists, policymakers, and business leaders, assembled at Times Square, New York City, participating in the 2008 International Conference on Climate Change,

Resolving that scientific questions should be evaluated solely by the scientific method;

Affirming that global climate has always changed and always will, independent of the actions of humans, and that carbon dioxide (CO2) is not a pollutant but rather a necessity for all life;

Recognising that the causes and extent of recently-observed climatic change are the subject of intense debates in the climate science community and that oft-repeated assertions of a supposed ‘consensus’ among climate experts are false;

Affirming that attempts by governments to legislate costly regulations on industry and individual citizens to encourage CO2 emission reduction will slow development while having no appreciable impact on the future trajectory of global climate change. Such policies will markedly diminish future prosperity and so reduce the ability of societies to adapt to inevitable climate change, thereby increasing, not decreasing human suffering;

Noting that warmer weather is generally less harmful to life on Earth than colder:

Hereby declare:

That current plans to restrict anthropogenic CO2 emissions are a dangerous misallocation of intellectual capital and resources that should be dedicated to solving humanity’s real and serious problems.

That there is no convincing evidence that CO2 emissions from modern industrial activity has in the past, is now, or will in the future cause catastrophic climate change.

That attempts by governments to inflict taxes and costly regulations on industry and individual citizens with the aim of reducing emissions of CO2 will pointlessly curtail the prosperity of the West and progress of developing nations without affecting climate.

That adaptation as needed is massively more cost-effective than any attempted mitigation, and that a focus on such mitigation will divert the attention and resources of governments away from addressing the real problems of their peoples.

That human-caused climate change is not a global crisis.

Now, therefore, we recommend

That world leaders reject the views expressed by the United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change as well as popular, but misguided works such as “An Inconvenient Truth”.

That all taxes, regulations, and other interventions intended to reduce emissions of CO2 be abandoned forthwith.

Agreed at New York, 4 March 2008.
( The following 150 Manhattan Declaration endorsers are climate science specialists or scientists in closely related fields [ this is a subset extracted from the other lists ]):

Syun-Ichi Akasofu, PhD, Professor of Physics, Emeritus and Founding Director, International Arctic Research Center of the University of Alaska, Fairbanks, Alaska, U.S.A.

William J. R. Alexander PrEng, Professor Emeritus, Department of Civil and Biosystems Engineering, University of Pretoria, Honorary Fellow, South African Institution of Civil Engineering, South Africa

John W. Bales, BA, MA, PhD (Mathematics, Modeling), Professor, Tuskegee University, Waverly, Alabama, U.S.A.

Timothy F. Ball, PhD, Chair, Natural Resources Stewardship Project, environmental consultant and former climatology professor, University of Winnipeg, Winnipeg, Alberta, Canada

William M. Briggs, PhD., Statistical Consultant (specializing in accuracy of forecasts and climate variability), U.S.A.

Stephen Brown, PhD (Environmental Science, State University of New York), Ground Penetrating Radar Glacier research, District Agriculture Agent Cooperative Extension Service, University of Alaska, Fairbanks Mat-Su District Office Palmer; Alaska Agriculture Extension Agent/Researcher, Alaska, U.S.A.

Robert M. Carter, PhD, Professor, Marine Geophysical Laboratory, James Cook University, Townsville, Australia

Michael Coffman, PhD, (ecosysytems analysis and climate change), CEO of Sovereignty International, President of Environmental Perspectives, Inc., Bangor, Maine, U.S.A.

John Coleman, Founder, The Weather Channel, Weather Anchor, KUSI-TV, San Diego, California, U.S.A.

Piers Corbyn, ARCS, FRAS, FRMetS, astrophysicist (Queen Mary College, London), consultant, owner of Weather Action long range forecasters, degree in Physics (Imperial College London), England

Richard S. Courtney, PhD, energy and environmental consultant, IPCC expert reviewer, Falmouth, Cornwall, United Kingdom

Joseph D’Aleo, MS, BS (University of Wisconsin) Meteorologist and Climatologist (retired), Executive Director, ICECAP (International Climate and Environmental Change Assessment Project), Hudson, New Hampshire, U.S.A.

David Douglass, PhD, Professor of Physics, University of Rochester, New York, U.S.A.

Peter Friedman, PhD, Member, American Geophysical Union, Assistant professor of Mechanical Engineering, University of Massachusetts, Dartmouth, Massachusetts, U.S.A.

Edgar Gärtner, Diplôme d'Etudes Approfondies (DEA, en Ecologie appliquée, Redaktionsbüro), Frankfurt am Main, Germany

Fred Goldberg, PhD, Adj Professor, Royal Institute of Technology (Mechanical Engineering), Secretary General KTH International Climate Seminar 2006 and Climate analyst, Stockholm, Sweden

Stanley B. Goldenberg, Research Meteorologist, NOAA, AOML/Hurricane Research Division, Miami, Florida, U.S.A.

Vincent Gray, PhD, New Zealand Climate Coalition, expert reviewer for the IPCC, author of The Greenhouse Delusion: A Critique of Climate Change 2001, Wellington, New Zealand

William M. Gray, PhD, Professor Emeritus (Dept. of Atmospheric Science), Colorado State University, Head of the Tropical Meteorology Project, Fort Collins, Colorado, U.S.A.

Howard Hayden, PhD, Emeritus Professor (Physics), University of Connecticut, The Energy Advocate, U.S.A.

Art Horn, Meteorologist (honors, Lyndon State College, Lyndonville, Vermont), operator, The Art of Weather, U.S.A.

Craig D. Idso, PhD, Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Center for the Study of Carbon Dioxide and Global Change, Tempe, Arizona, U.S.A.

Zbigniew Jaworowski, PhD, physicist, Senior Science Advisor of the Scientific Council of Central Laboratory for Radiological Protection, Warsaw, Poland

Madhav L. Khandekar, PhD, consultant meteorologist, (former) Research Scientist, Environment Canada, Editor "Climate Research” (03-05), Editorial Board Member "Natural Hazards, IPCC Expert Reviewer 2007, Unionville, Ontario, Canada

William Kininmonth MSc, MAdmin, former head of Australia’s National Climate Centre and a consultant to the World Meteorological organization’s Commission for Climatology, Kew, Victoria, Australia

David R. Legates, PhD, Director, Center for Climatic Research, University of Delaware, Newark, Delaware, U.S.A.

Jay Lehr, BEng (Princeton), PhD (environmental science and ground water hydrology), Science Director, The Heartland Institute, Chicago, Illinois, U.S.A.

Jennifer Marohasy, BSc, PhD, Biologist, Writer, Senior Fellow, Institute of Public Affairs, Director, Australian Environment Foundation, Sydney, Australia

Amos Meyer, Theoretical Physics, Applied Mathematics, Mathematical Modeling, Chief Scientist, Westport, Connecticut, U.S.A.

Ferenc Mark Miskolczi, PhD, atmospheric physicist, formerly of NASA's Langley Research Center, Hampton, Virginia, U.S.A.

Dr. James J. O'Brien, Emeritus Professor, Meteorology and Oceanography, Florida State University, Florida, U.S.A.

R. Timothy Patterson, PhD, Professor, Dept. of Earth Sciences (paleoclimatology), Carleton University, Chair - International Climate Science Coalition, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Gary Sharp, Center for Climate/Ocean Resources Study, Salinas, California, U.S.A.

S. Fred Singer, PhD, Professor Emeritus (Environmental Sciences), University of Virginia, former director, U.S. Weather Satellite Service, Science and Environmental Policy Project, Charlottesville, Virginia, U.S.A.

Douglas Southgate, PhD, Professor of Agricultural, Environmental and Development Economics, Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio, U.S.A.

Roy W. Spencer, PhD, climatologist, Principal Research Scientist, Earth System Science Center, The University of Alabama, Huntsville, Alabama, U.S.A.

George H. Taylor, Certified Consulting Meteorologist, Former State Climatologist (Oregon), Past President, American Association of State Climatologists, Corvallis, Oregon, U.S.A.

Dr. Mitchell Taylor, Biologist (Polar Bear Specialist), Wildlife Research Section, Department of Environment, Igloolik, Nunavut, Canada

Anthony Watts, ItWorks/IntelliWeather, Founder, surfacestation s.org, Chico, California, U.S.A.

Gerd-Rainer Weber, PhD, Consulting Meteorologist, Essen, Germany

Gregory J. Balle, B.E., MSc., PhD. (Joint Aerospace Engineering and Geophysical Fluid Dynamics), Pukekohe, New Zealand

Joe Bastardi, BSc, (Meteorology, Pennsylvania State), meteorologist, State College, Pennsylvania, U.S.A.

Matthew Bastardi, BSc (Meteorology, Texas A and M University), Florida, U.S.A.

Ernst-Georg Beck, Dipl. Biol., Biologist, Dept. Biotechnology and Nutrition Science, Merian-Schule, Freiburg, Germany

David Bellamy, OBE, English botanist, author, broadcaster, environmental campaigner, Hon. Professor of Botany (Geography), University of Nottingham, Hon. Prof. Faculty of Engineering and Physical Systems, Central Queensland University, Hon. Prof. of Adult and Continuing Education, University of Durham, United Nations Environment Program Global 500 Award Winner, Dutch Order of The Golden Ark, Bishop Auckland County, Durham, U.K.

Andre Bernier, Meteorologist, WJW-TV, Cleveland, Ohio, U.S.A.

Sally Bernier, Meterologist, Cleveland, Ohio, U.S.A.

Mi.I.Bhat, Professor (Tectonics, Department of Geology & Geophysics, University of Kashmir), Sprinagar, Jammu & Kashmir, India

Sonja A. Boehmer-Christiansen, PhD, Reader, Dept. of Geography, University of Hull, Hull, United Kingdom

John W. Brosnahan, Vanderpool, Texas, U.S.A., Research Physicist (Atmospheric Remote Sensing), atmospheric science consultant, founder of Signal Hill Research, LLC., former President of Alpha/Power, Inc., founder of LaSalle Research Inc., founder of Tycho Technology Inc.

Reid A. Bryson, Ph.D., D.Sc., D.Engr., Senior Scientist, Center for Climatic Research, Emeritus Prof. of Meteorology, of Geography, and of Environmental Studies, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin, U.S.A.

Dan Carruthers, M.Sc., wildlife biology consultant specializing in animal ecology in Arctic and Subarctic regions, Alberta, Canada

George Chilingar, PhD, Professor, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering of Engineering, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California, U.S.A.

Ian D. Clark, PhD, Professor (isotope hydrogeology and paleoclimatology), Dept. of Earth Sciences, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Charles A. Clough, BS (Mathematics, Massachusetts Institute of Technology), MS (Atmospheric Science, Texas Tech University), former (to 2006) Chief of the US Army Atmospheric Effects Team at Aberdeen Proving Ground, Maryland; now residing in Bel Air, Maryland, U.S.A.

Michael Clover, PhD (experimental nuclear physics); Computer Simulation, Senior Scientist, Science Applications International Corp., San Diego, California, U.S.A.

Martin Coniglio, Meteorologist, KUSA-TV, Denver, Colorado, U.S.A.

Paul Copper, BSc, MSc, PhD, DIC, FRSC, Professor Emeritus, Department of Earth Sciences, Laurentian University Sudbury, Ontario, Canada

Allan Cortese, meteorological researcher and spotter for the National Weather Service, retired computer professional, Billerica, Massachusetts, U.S.A.

Susan Crockford, PhD (Zoology/Evolutionary Biology/Archaeozoology), Adjunct Professor (Anthropology/Faculty of Graduate Studies), University of Victoria, Victoria, British Colombia, Canada

Dalcio K. Dacol, PhD (physics, University of California at Berkely), physicist at the US Naval Research Laboratory, Washington, D.C, U.S.A.

Dave Dahl, BSc (Meteorology, Florida State University), Chief Meteorologist, 5 EYEWITNESS NEWS/KSTP-TV, Saint Paul, Minnesota, U.S.A.

Willem De Lange, PhD, MSc(Hons), Dphil (Computer and Earth Sciences), Senior Lecturer in Earth and Ocean Sciences, Waikato University, Hamilton, New Zealand

David Deming, PhD (Geophysics), Associate Professor, College of Arts and Sciences, University of Oklahoma, Norman, Oklahoma, U.S.A.

Robert Durrenberger, PhD, former Arizona State Climatologist and President of the American Association of State Climatologists, Professor Emeritus of Geography, Arizona State University; Sun City, Arizona, U.S.A..

Freeman J. Dyson, PhD, Emeritus Professor of Physics, Institute for Advanced Studies, Princeton, New Jersey, U.S.A.

Don J. Easterbrook, PhD, Emeritus Professor of Geology, Western Washington, University, Bellingham, Washington, U.S.A.

Per Engene, PhD, Biologist, Valenvegen, Norway

Robert H. Essenhigh, PhD, E.G. Bailey Professor of Energy Conversion, Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio, U.S.A.

David Evans, PhD (EE), MSc (Stat), MSc (EE), MA (Math), BE (EE), BSc, mathematician, carbon accountant, computer and electrical engineer and head of 'Science Speak', Perth, Western Australia, Australia

Donald W. Farley, P.Eng, M.Eng. (Water Resources Engineering & Hydrology), Gatineau, Quebec, Canada

Robert Jacomb Foster, BE (Adelaide University), palaeoclimatologist and energy economist, Director Lavoisier Group; past Councillor Royal Society of Victoria and Victorian Institute of Marine Science, Melbourne, Australia

Louis Fowler, BS (Mathematics), MA (Physics), 33 years in environmental measurements (Ambient Air Quality Measurements), Austin, Texas, U.S.A.

Lee C. Gerhard, PhD, Senior Scientist Emeritus, University of Kansas, past director and state geologist, Kansas Geological Survey, U.S.A.

Albrecht Glatzle, PhD, ScAgr, Agro-Biologist and Gerente ejecutivo, Tropical pasture research and land use management, INTTAS, Asunción, Paraguay

Indur M. Goklany, PhD (Electrical Eng, Michigan State University), climate policy analyst, Vienna, Virginia, U.S.A.

Wayne Goodfellow, PhD (Earth Science), Ocean Evolution, Paleoenvironments, Adjunct Professor, Senior Research Scientist, University of Ottawa, Geological Survey of Canada, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

David Gray, PhD (EE Stanford U., Electromagnetic Wave Transmission (in Atmosphere, and fiber)), Asst Professor of Engineering, Messiah College, Grantham, Pennsylvania, U.S.A.

Thomas B. Gray, MS, Meteorology, Retired, USAF, Yachats, Oregon, U.S.A.

Ross Hays, Atmospheric Scientist, NASA Columbia Scientific Balloon Facility, Palestine, Texas, U.S.A.

D. Hebert, PhD, Faculty for Chemistry and Physics, Institut fur Angewandte Physik, Freiberg, Germany

Hug Hienz, PhD, (Chemistry, University of Mainz, Germany), former Professor of Organic Chemistry and Analytical Chemistry, Germany

Warwick S. Hughes, MSc Hon. (University of Auckland, New Zealand), geologist (retired), Canberra, Australia

Ole Humlum, PhD, Physical Geography, Professor, University of Oslo, Oslo, Norway

Sherwood B. Idso, PhD, President, Center for the Study of Carbon Dioxide and Global Change, Tempe, Arizona, U.S.A.

Albert F. Jacobs, MS, P. Geology, retired geologist, co-founder Friends of Science, Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Terrell Johnson, ,B.S. Zoology, M.S. Wildlife & Range Resources, Air & Water Quality, Principal Environmental Engineer, Green River, Wyoming, U.S.A.

Wibjörn Karlén, PhD, Emeritus Professor, Department of Physical Geography and Quaternary Geology, Stockholm University, Stockholm, Sweden

Joel M. Kauffman, PhD (Organic Chemistry, M.I.T.), Professor of Chemistry Emeritus, University of the Sciences in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, U.S.A.

David Kear, PhD, FRSNZ, CMG, geologist, former Director-General of NZ Dept. of Scientific & Industrial Research, Whakatane, Bay of Plenty, New Zealand

R.W.J. Kouffeld, PhD, Emeritus Professor - Energy Conversion, Technical University Delft, Driebergen, The Netherlands

Olav M. Kvalheim, Professor, Department of Chemistry, Univ. of Bergen, Bergen, Norway

Douglas Leahey, PhD, meteorologist and air-quality consultant, President - Friends of Science, Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Marcel Leroux, PhD, Professor Emeritus of Climatology, University of Lyon, former director of Laboratory of Climatology, Risks and Environment, France

Bryan Leyland, M.Sc., FIEE, FIMechE, FIPENZ, MRSNZ, consulting engineer (power), Secretary - International Climate Science Coalition, Auckland, New Zealand

William Lindqvist, PhD, consulting Geologist and Company Director, Tiburon, California, U.S.A.

Keith Lockitch, PhD (Physics, University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee), Science and Environmental Policy, Resident Fellow, Ayn Rand Institute, Irvine, California, U.S.A.

Endel Lippmaa, Prof.Dr.habil (Physics, Chemistry), Chairman - Energy Council of the Estonian Academy of Science, Tallinn, Estonia

Anthony R. Lupo, Ph.D., Associate Professor of Atmospheric Science, Department of Soil, Environmental, and Atmospheric Science, University of Missouri, Columbia, Missouri, U.S.A.

Richard Mackey, Statistician, author of papers about the role of the Sun in the Earth's climate dynamics and biographer of Rhodes W. Fairbridge, Canberra, Australia

Horst Malberg, PhD, former director of Institute of Meteorology, Free University of Berlin, Germany

Les McDonald, RP Bio; Senior Impact Assessment Biologist, BC Environmental Protection (retired); Consulting Aquatic Biologist, Cranbrook, British Columbia, Canada

Alister McFarquhar, PhD (international economy, Downing College), Cambridge, United Kingdom

John McLean, Climate Data Analyst, Post-graduate Diploma of Computer Studies, B. Arch., Climate Data Analyst, Computer scientist, Melbourne, Australia

Rob Meleon, PhD, biochemist, CSO Pepscan, Lelystad, The Netherlands

Fred Michel, PhD, Director, Institute of Environmental Sciences, Associate Professor of Earth Sciences, Carleton University, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Asmunn Moene, PhD, MSc (Meteorology), former head of the Forecasting Centre, Meteorological Institute, Oslo, Norway

H. Michael "Mike" Mogil, Certified Consulting Meteorologist (three decades with NOAA), weather educator and science writer, How the Weatherworks, Naples, Florida, U.S.A.

Nils-Axel Mörner, PhD (Sea Level Changes and Climate), Emeritus Professor of Paleogeophysics & Geodynamics, Stockholm University, Stockholm, Sweden

Luboš Motl, PhD, Physicist, former Harvard string theorist, Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic

Robert Neff, M.S. (Meteorology, St Louis University), Weather Officer, USAF; Contractor support to NASA Meteorology Satellites, Retired, Camp Springs, Maryland, U.S.A.

John Nicol, BSc (University of Queensland), PhD (James Cook University); Radio Physics and High Resolution Optical Spectroscopy, former Senior Lecturer of Physics at James Cook University, Townsville, Australia; now residing in Brisbane, Australia

David Nowell, M.Sc., Fellow of the Royal Meteorological Society, former chairman of the NATO Meteorological Group, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Cliff Ollier, PhD, Professor Emeritus (Geology), Research Fellow, University of Western Australia, Crawley, Australia

Pat Palmer, MAgrSc (agronomy), pollution control expert (sources and effects on health), retiired from Crop Research Division, DSIR, Christchurch, New Zealand

Donald Parkes, PhD, BA (Hons), MA, retired Professor Human Ecology, Australia and Japan

James A. Peden, Atmospheric Physicist, webmaster Middlebury Networks, Vermont, U.S.A.

Al Pekarek, PhD, Associate Professor of Geology, Earth and Atmospheric Sciences Dept., St. Cloud State University, St. Cloud, Minnesota, U.S.A

Daniel Joseph Pounder, BS (Meteorology, University of Oklahoma), MS (Atmospheric Sciences, University of Illinois in Urbana-Champaign); Weather Forecasting, Meteorologist, WILL AM/FM/TV, the public broadcasting station of the University of Illinois, Urbana, U.S.A.

Brian Pratt, PhD, Professor of Geology (Sedimentology), University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada

Dr. Harry N.A. Priem, PhD, Professor (retired) Utrecht University, isotope and planetary geology, Past-President Royal Netherlands Society of Geology and Mining, Amsterdam, The Netherlands

Art Robinson, PhD (Chemistry), founder and Professor of Chemistry, Oregon Institute of Science and Medicine, Cave Junction, Oregon, U.S.A.

Robert G. Roper, PhD, Emeritus Professor of Atmospheric Sciences, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, Georgia, U.S.A.

Arthur Rorsch, PhD, Emeritus Professor, Molecular Genetics, Leiden University, Leiden, The Netherlands

Curt Rose, BA, MA (University of Western Ontario), MA, PhD (Clark University), Professor Emeritus, Department of Environmental Studies and Geography, Bishop's University, Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada

Robert Roseman, Meteorology & Climatology, TV Meteorologist, Denver, Colorado, U.S.A.

Rob Scagel, MSc (forest microclimate specialist), Principal Consultant - Pacific Phytometric Consultants, Surrey, British Columbia, Canada

Clive Schaupmeyer, M.Sc., P.Ag. , Coaldale, Alberta, Canada

Bruce Schwoegler, BS (Meteorology and Naval Science, University of Wisconsin-Madison), Chief Technology Officer, MySky Communications Inc, meteorologist, science writer and principal/co-founder of MySky, Lakeville, Massachusetts, U.S.A. .

Tom V. Segelstad, PhD (Geology/Geochemistry), Head of the Geological Museum and Associate Professor of Resource and Environmental Geology, University of Oslo, Norway

Thomas P. Sheahen, PhD (physics, Massachusetts Institute of Technology), specialist in energy sciences, notably renewable energy, Oakland, Maryland, U.S.A.

Paavo Siitam, M.Sc., agronomist and chemist, Cobourg, Ontario, Canada

L. Graham Smith, PhD, Associate Professor in Geography, specialising in Resource Management, University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada.

Oleg G. Sorokhtin, PhD, Director of Ocean Laboratory, Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow, Russia

T. J. ("Jim") Sprott, PhD, OBE, MSc, FNZIC, consulting chemist, forensic scientist, Auckland, New Zealand

Walter Starck, PhD (marine science), marine biologist (specialization in coral reefs and fisheries with 1000 dives from northern Cape York to the Capricorn group), author, photographer, Townsville, Australia

Peter Stilbs, TeknD, Professor of Physical Chemistry, Research Leader, School of Chemical Science and Engineering, KTH (Royal Institute of Technology), Stockholm, Sweden

Malcolm Taylor, Dip ES (Climatology and Hydrology specialization), Power Systems Analyst, Otago, New Zealand

Dick Thoenes, PhD, Emeritus Professor of Chemical Engineering, Eindhoven University of Technology, Dwingeloo, The Netherlands

Wolfgang Thüne, PhD, Dipl.-Met., Senior Meteorologist and Sociologist, Oppenheim, Germany

Göran Tullberg, Civilingenjör i Kemi (equivalent to Masters of Chemical Engineering), currently teacher of Environmental Protection Engineering and Organic Chemistry at University in Växjö; Falsterbo, Sweden

Brian G. Valentine, PhD, PE (Chem.), Technology Manager - Industrial Energy Efficiency, Adjunct Associate Professor of Engineering Science, University of Maryland at College Park, Dept. of Energy, Washington D.C., U.S.A.

Gerrit J. van der Lingen, PhD, geologist and paleoclimatologist, climate change consultant, Geoscience Research and Investigations, Christchurch, New Zealand

Roderick W. Van Koughnet, BS (Geology), MS (Geology (Geophysics), Wright State University), Senior Geoscientist, L&M Petroleum, Wellington, New Zealand

Gösta Walin, Professor, i oceanografi, Earth Science Center, Göteborg University, Göteborg, Sweden

Forese-Carlo Wezel, Professor of Stratigraphy (global and Mediterranean geology, mass biotic extinctions and paleoclimatology), University of Urbino, Urbino, Italy

Boris Winterhalter, PhD, senior marine researcher (retired), Geological Survey of Finland, former professor in marine geology, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland

David E. Wojick, PhD, P.Eng., energy consultant, Star Tannery, Virginia, U.S.A.

Arnold Woodruff, M.Sc.(Atmospheric Physics, U.C.W.Aberystwyth), B.Sc.(Physics, Durham), Terrestial & Spaceborne Exploration Geophysics, Consultant Geophysicist, Woodruff Exploration & Production Ltd., Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire, U.K.

Josef Zboril, MSc. (Chemistry), Board Member, Confederation of Industry, Prague, Czech Republic

A. Zichichi, PhD, President of the World Federation of Scientists, Geneva, Switzerland; Emeritus Professor of Advanced Physics, University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy
 
Good work in this thread, Try.

It's beginning to appear that there's a concensus - anthropogenic global warming is scam. Still, there's lots of deniers out there.
 
Yes Trysail, continuing good work maintaining and adding to this.

Back and forth in the garden today, finally found some sunshine, and LMN, Lifetime Movie Network was on, some Storm Chaser movie I thought I would glance at during rest breaks.

Sure enough, man caused global warming was the cause of super cells and tornados, sighs, maybe we could just bulldoze Hollywood into the Pacific, inhabitants and all?

Keep trucking...

Amicus...
 


"Al Gore's environmental evangelism has elevated to urban legend the conclusion of an 1882 paper: On the Variation of Reflex Excitability in the Frog Induced by Changes in Temperature. It was concluded there that 'a live frog can actually be boiled without a movement if the water is heated slowly enough.' But attempts to reproduce this famous experiment have ended with inconvenienced frogs flying in all directions. They seem to agree with Galileo, 'It is very annoying to see men, who claim to be peers of anyone in a certain field, take for granted conclusions which later are quickly and clearly shown by another to be false.' "

-Russell Seitz
(Mr. Seitz is a physicist who lives in Cambridge, Mass)

 
Back
Top