Why Would We Legalize this Poison?

Lying racist dawn lies and gets busted again.

First, marijuana wasn't made illegal until after Prohibition ended. At the federal level marijuana wasn't made illegal in 1937. A year after the movie Reefer Madness was released.

So no racist dawn it was the case with weed.

As usual, you missed the point. When it was legal or illegal isn't important. I was referring to the level of usage and degree to which use was part of the mainstream culture. At the time of Prohibition, the majority of adults used alcohol. Compare:

The vast majority of Americans do not use marijuana. While marijuana is the most commonly abused illicit drug in the United States, that does not mean everyone uses it. In 2011, more than 18 million Americans aged 12 and older reported using the drug within the past month. However, this is only 7.0 percent of the entire U.S. population 12 and older.​

Office of National Drug Control Policy, Answers to Frequently Asked Questions about Marijuana, Archives of the White House of President Barack Obama (accessed Jul. 19, 2019) (emphasis added).

Leaving pot illegal does not, and will not, cause the same problems that Prohibition did.
 
Leaving pot illegal does not, and will not, cause the same problems that Prohibition did.

Except it has....LOL


And your argument is that because it's not quite as popular as alcohol, that makes it OK to prohibit?

That's weak as ever Dawn. You sure you're not a communist? Hell even they don't ban flowers.

Maybe you'll have better luck legislating how people can and can't fuck.
 
Last edited:
Leaving pot illegal does not, and will not, cause the same problems that Prohibition did.

First, I mentioned 1936 and 1937. You brought up...2011. So your idea of culture goes back 8 years? Ok, sure, whatever.

I've pointed this out before and I'm shocked your alts haven't brought this up. There are countries that have legalized far worse drugs than pot and have seen crime rates decrease dramatically. The Netherlands is an obvious is example and Portugal is a more recent one.

Hell, even the fucking Reason Foundation (the libertarian loons who employ my homie Nick Gillespie) found that legalizing weed not only reduces crime but also has "reduced use of marijuana by minors." I could point to peer-reviewed studies like this one but I'd be wasting my time.

Why do you want to keep weed criminal? You don't give a shit about public health because if you did you'd support a universal health care system, be against putting awful shit in food, and favor greater restrictions on pain pills from big pharm. But you're not for any of that. Instead you're for keeping something criminal because it "has produced profoundly unequal outcomes across racial groups, manifested through racial discrimination by law enforcement and disproportionate drug war misery suffered by communities of color."

Poor racist dawn. Always, always gets busted for having "her" racism showing.
 
Smoking weed for mental health disorders has more cons than pros.

The evidence that pharmaceutical THC led to a small improvement in anxiety symptoms was "very low quality," the researchers wrote.

Based on that synthesized data, there's not enough evidence to justify "practitioners using or recommending" cannabis products to treat psychiatric disorders, Dr. Deepak D'Souza, a psychiatry professor at Yale University School of Medicine, who wrote in a comment piece that accompanied the study, told ABC News.

In addition to scant evidence supporting the effectiveness of medicinal cannabinoids, the review cited a large body of research about adverse effects that non-medical cannabis use can have on people with mental health disorders.
. . .
"There is incontrovertible evidence that cannabis exacerbates psychosis in people with schizophrenia," he added.​

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/cannabis-risks-outweigh-benefits-treating-mental-health-disorders/story?id=66607593
 
As Wisconsin lawmakers continue weighing plans to legalize and tax medical marijuana, a new report finds that doing so in other states hasn't generated as much revenue as some proponents might expect.​

B. Reilly, New report finds legalizing medical marijuana in Wisconsin unlikely to generate large revenues, Capital Times (Nov. 1, 2019) (emphasis added).

That's because some states went totally fucking insane with the taxes. Tried to fix the worlds problems AND make themselves rich off of it.

The result prices way higher than the black market EVER saw.

Who the fuck is going to buy that? Nobody....they just keep going to their black market dealers.

Tax it like any other product, don't try to cure the worlds problems with a 200,000% tax and and you'll get paid.
 
I am a bit late to this thread, but:

The first problem that occurs, is with the actual studies of Cannabis. Since the drug is illegal in the US, that illegality prohibits many study's from actually moving forward due to funding issue ( it's hard to to get grant money to study illegal substances, to put it in plain language).

Second, using current existing studies, the independent data pool is too narrow , and their study's too few to make defined research information into facts ( not enough peer group reviews). There are lots of studies out there though, funded not by independent researchers, but those who have an agenda for the studies outcome. ( read between the lines here, if you fund a study privately, and the study outcomes do not meet your desired goals, do you actually publish said outcomes??)

Lastly, by the US coming in late to the legalization of Cannabis, the US is falling way behind in research on the medical benefits of THC and CBD. Currently Canada is becoming a hub of research since the legalization of Marijuana. ( read lost jobs and opportunities between the lines here people).

What ever your view is, the usage of Cannabis is ongoing, it is not going away, anymore than the use of Alcohol or Tobacco or Coffee or Tea. If you really want to waste more time and money on enforcement and custody around the manufacture, distribution and usage of Cannabis, quit complaining about your tax's I suspect multi billions of tax dollars are involved.
 
The nice thing about being a fascist is that I impose my bullshit views on others. For example, I hate blacks so I think having criminalized weed is good. I don't care that the war on drugs disproportionately affects minorities. All I care is that blacks are in jail.

We know dawn. Also, reality has proved you very, very wrong about pot not making any money.

Oh and racist bot, the sales tax on pot in Colorado is 2.9%.


As always, it's a bad day to be a racist alt.
 
I see Dan still can't read worth a fuck....it's a bad day to be an illiterate moron. :cool:
 
Even before legalization over 1/3 of the country was regular users and almost 2/3 had at least tried it.
Which is why prohibition of cannabis didn't work any better than that of alcohol and is going down in flames as one of the worst federal policies of all time.
Not to mention still to this day cannabis has been legal for most of the USA's history and a number of our founding fathers were fans and consumers of 'hemp flowers' . The American stoner has been part of the equation since day 1.
Like it or not, cannabis is every bit as engrained in US and human culture at large as alcohol is.
It has not been established that cannabis is a threat to society.
Much like with alcohol, prohibition has been significantly more expensive and destructive to society than anything about the substance itself.
As far as medical science is concerned weed is somewhere between coffee and tea on the physiological danger/destruction scale.
Also back to fast food, booze and tobacco...clearly equal if not larger threats to society so why don't you have any desire to ban those???
Right...but regulation of the legal consumption of a substance isn't the issue here, prohibition is.
There are no fallacies here, just a lack of reasons for continuing a failed prohibition policy.....beyond you just not liking other people enjoying the freedom to consume what the want of course.

Ever so occasionally BB posts something sensible.
I have not read the entire thread but I concur 100% with what is stated above.

I firmly believe that cannabis was only made illegal because of lobbying by the liquor and tobacco industries. They were/are worried that if cannabis were legalised they would suffer financial losses. If you think about it, to make palatable liquor and smoking tobacco is a capital intensive process, expensive, and hard for the average citizen to replicate, as many who have been forced to try their friends experiments with home brew will testify. Cannabis on the other hand, throw a few seeds in any scrap of land and it will grow. Once the seed head has developed, crop it and dry it and you don't ever need liquor or tobacco again.

Stop wasting law enforcement budgets on cannabis, use it on cocaine or heroin or methamphetamine.
 
Cannabis on the other hand, throw a few seeds in any scrap of land and it will grow. Once the seed head has developed, crop it and dry it and you don't ever need liquor or tobacco again.

If you want some janky ass weed.

Just like with any other product.....growing weed is not hard.

Growing fat sticky buds?? Not easy, not something everyone can do, much less at a commercial scale.

Stop wasting law enforcement budgets on cannabis, use it on cocaine or heroin or methamphetamine.

Shouldn't use it on that shit either.
 
That's because some states went totally fucking insane with the taxes.

Who the fuck is going to buy that? Nobody....they just keep going to their black market dealers.

Tax it like any other product, don't try to cure the worlds problems with a 200,000% tax and and you'll get paid.

Oh and racist bot, the sales tax on pot in Colorado is 2.9%.


As always, it's a bad day to be a racist alt.

Fuck I got owned and didn't actually ready what dan write, as usual. He was right though, it was a really bad day to be a racist.

See bot it's not hard to admit that you're both wrong and a racist. 2.9% is hardly 200,000% but of course you're a whiny, racist snowflake who doesn't bother to read what the law, history, or anything actually is. That's why you get owned so easily. Just like your anti-Semitic alt dawn.
 
Holy fuck did I get owned hard. I lied about the tax rate on pot in Colorado to prove my point which, as always, is that I'm a huge racist.

Also, dan fucking busted my alt for being a fascist.

I know bot, I am that good.
 
Back
Top