Tumblr is banning adult content

There are two ways around the tumblr block. To upload and to view yours and others tumblr. First is 2mblr where you can upload your blog. It just takes a few minutes. Second is tumbex where you can view yours and others as long as the blog has not been taken down or deactivated. You can view posts that have been hidden on regular tumblr. You can also watch videos still up.
 
It's a month after the Tumblr adult content ban kicked in, and it's pretty clear that many bloggers are finding ways to subvert the porn catcher bots. A lot of my favourite photographers just packed up and jumped ship, but there remain many bloggers posting high quality erotica with just as much explicit content as before, but with subtle differences - cropping of limbs and different angles, boobs in profile and not front on, for example. If anything, it's possibly gone classier than it was (or I just followed trash, before).

Curiously, and ironically, bdsm photography is getting through (or I'm just getting better at finding it - research, you understand ;)) - it appears ropes, chains and corsets fool the bots every time. Perhaps this is what happens when Kevin from Tumblr IT thinks porn is only Barbie and his mother, and doesn't understand that women have sides and backs, too.

Gay men remain in heaven, because they don't have female presenting nipples. Also, the bots seem to think that any small breasted women is now a boy, which is possibly also a content fail, given the over-arching "intent" of the ban.

What is good, is that the drawing and painting blogs are still allowed, and there's so much good smut on gallery walls and in artists' archives.
 
Another three weeks since the adult content "ban" - and I use the term loosely, since "fail" would be more accurate.

My Tumblr dash is pretty much the same in terms of nude erotica (okay,high class tits and ass) as it always was. I'm following a different collection of bloggers, and it's interesting (amusing) seeing how people are subverting the Tumblr bots to keep their content circulating. Sure, some harder core content has disappeared, and the porn sites don't follow so much (and need blocking), but overall, it's much the same (with the exception of the self-photographer artists, which is a huge loss).

So, good fuck-up, Tumblr. Their traffic is down big time, and they've not really changed very much. Policy fail, I'd say. Meanwhile, none of the alternatives seem to have gathered much traction - it's tough to do a start-up, these days.
 
The other thing with the dashboard is that there is a sponsored ad every few pictures. I used to be able to close them, not anymore. Pretty much telling us that they banned the porn just for the supposed moolah they aren't going to get.
 
The other thing with the dashboard is that there is a sponsored ad every few pictures. I used to be able to close them, not anymore. Pretty much telling us that they banned the porn just for the supposed moolah they aren't going to get.
Never seen the ads...
 
Tumblr Substitutes

Here are a couple of places I have found that have images in a (more or less) similar vein to the old Tumblr.

https://humblr.social/about

https://newtumbl.com/dashboard (this one is good because it has an archive-like feature similar to original Tumblr)

https://SPAMPOST/register/

I don't think you have to register on those sites, but I did register to make things more accessible.

Perhaps others could share the alternates they find useful. Generally I do not include sites like xhamster, pornhub, etc. in my searches, as I am looking for material that is more erotic than porn per se.
 
Then there is tumbex where you can still see a users tumblr page if they haven't deactivated it.
 
Stupid Tumblr and their "Female presenting nipples"

file
 
It's now two months since the stupid Tumblr attempt to eliminate adult sexual content and visual erotica, and my dashboard is pretty much back to what it was before their attempt at censorship.

I've probably got a higher mix of original art blogs than I had before, but in terms of photographic erotica, it's a different mix, but overall the content is still much the same. I'm even starting to see some old faves coming around, which just goes to show you can't keep beauty quiet. I can still be a high-class visual erotica snob, there's just more lingerie and stockings now. That might just be my taste changing, mind :).

Conclusion: Smut 1. Tumblr 0.
 
New

Here are a couple of places I have found that have images in a (more or less) similar vein to the old Tumblr.

https://humblr.social/about

https://newtumbl.com/dashboard (this one is good because it has an archive-like feature similar to original Tumblr)

https://SPAMPOST/register/

I don't think you have to register on those sites, but I did register to make things more accessible.

Perhaps others could share the alternates they find useful. Generally I do not include sites like xhamster, pornhub, etc. in my searches, as I am looking for material that is more erotic than porn per se.
I tried the newtumbl site.. still not developed or up and running yet x
 
********** seems to be picking up the Tumblr porn slack. . . though it's a shame it's so one-track minded; I liked being able to see porn, art blogs, and silly memes all in one site.
 
I have found that I can post adult content on my personal Tumblr page and it stays there. They do put a banner across the top of the image that says: "It looks like your post might be in violation of our Community Guidelines and is now hidden." And they give you an option to 'Appeal'. I have not attempted to appeal anything.

I see that the Tumblr Archive function for my account is blocked.

No one else can access my page of course, but as the account holder I can. I use it as a placeholder for images from my compute or from some places on the web, so I can later do a 'Copy image address' for re-posting on Literotica.

I realize it's a few months down the line now........
I initially had all of my drawings flagged as being "in violation" and after appealing virtually all of them were re-instated (apart from 1).

It's crazy when I look at my drawings on there - (and compare them to some of the other artworks that are still allowed to remain) my drawings are really only mildly adult in nature being only a step up (nudity wise) from the old style pinup artwork of the 50's !
I still see much much stronger art and pictures still allowed on there !!

Anyway, I made this special "f**k you tumblr" edition of the one drawing they deemed that they could NOT allow to stay on there.

vqxfGy0.jpg
 
Back
Top