Blurt Thread III - Emporium of Unexpected Exclamations & Revelations

Em that does not answer my question.

I am not at all mad at Chuck Mangione. He and I? *twines fingers* We are like this. Another gentleman who is very good at masking loud noises.

"Land of Make Believe" - a staple of high school jazz bands and drum corps everywhere! :D

*wonders about all the loud noises Minxy needs to mask,
and what makes brass instruments ideal for this task*

:confused:

MI0001431014.jpg

I have this album. Wanna listen?

"Don't Be Cruel". The song starts at about 3:00.

*wonders about all the loud noises Minxy needs to mask,
and what makes brass instruments ideal for this task*

:confused:

Much younger minx, alone with her then boyfriend, in a room with a closed door, at his parents' house. He was actually quite skilled with his hands. *ahem* For some reason the instrumentals just seemed to cover up whatever sounds the door didn't cover, better than vocals.

Much younger minx, alone with her then boyfriend, in a room with a closed door, at his parents' house. He was actually quite skilled with his hands. *ahem* For some reason the instrumentals just seemed to cover up whatever sounds the door didn't cover, better than vocals.

Thank you for this descriptive explanation.

Reveille is now playing in my head, as I imagine the younger you, sans daisy dukes, your face contorted in a still evolving "O face, eyes fixed on the Farrah Fawcett poster on the far wall, while the vinyl spins on the turntable and letterman jacket hangs from the bedpost.

tumblr_m7ip0mn9d21rzajnvo1_500_large.gif

Thank you for this descriptive explanation.

Reveille is now playing in my head, as I imagine the younger you, sans daisy dukes, your face contorted in a still evolving "O face, eyes fixed on the Farrah Fawcett poster on the far wall, while the vinyl spins on the turntable and letterman jacket hangs from the bedpost.

He didn't have a Farrah poster. He did have the vinyl. He did not have the letterman jacket--I dated musicians. ;) Oh wait, I did date one football player but he never got to put his hands anywhere interesting.

He didn't have a Farrah poster. He did have the vinyl. He did not have the letterman jacket--I dated musicians. ;) Oh wait, I did date one football player but he never got to put his hands anywhere interesting.

Oh, you saucy geek. :D

tumblr_nhq81eg1jQ1r0fzoyo6_500.jpg

tumblr_mi7s9nGyUZ1r0fzoyo1_500.jpg

Still hear the trumpet in my head though.

Apparently, one does not need to wait until Cinco de Mayo to be a loathsome drunk in a crooked luchador mask, smelling of yesterdays enchiladas.

A weekend that has been relaxing, educational, productive, and entertaining must be considered a winner. And tomorrow - May the Fourth be with you!

Rainshine's mind - you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Rainshine's mind - you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Right? i want to live there. :D

Caffiene! You need to make a dent in this lethargy soon or you're fired!

No, no, wait. I take that back. I didn't mean it. Please don't go, just you know, we need to make things better. We will work it out, I promise. *sobs* Don't leave me!

This small mental break brought to you by the people at Maxwell House, or Folgers, or Starbucks or Gevalia. . one of those fuckers. I don't even know.

ETA: I swear I am going to start a 'Save the pool table' campaign.

Last edited:

You should ask her thoughts on the great unwashed that attend weekend music festivals and raves.

I think she'll tell you there are more "poop particles" per capita there, than can be found in most beards.

You should ask her thoughts on the great unwashed that attend weekend music festivals and raves.

I think she'll tell you there are more "poop particles" per capita there, than can be found in most beards.

These are not the beards you are looking for.

Last edited:
These are not the beards you are looking for.

Hmmm, that link seems to go to one of my favorite paintings of all time: Santa Claus dressed in a Stunning White ensemble, in a Blizzard by Clive Van Gogh (Vincent's lesser known, drunkard cousin.) I used to have a framed copy of it hung up in my apartment in college.

Or my ipad is being an asshole. Could go either way.

Hmmm, that link seems to go to one of my favorite paintings of all time: Santa Claus dressed in a Stunning White ensemble, in a Blizzard by Clive Van Gogh (Vincent's lesser known, drunkard cousin.) I used to have a framed copy of it hung up in my apartment in college.

Or my ipad is being an asshole. Could go either way.

Apparently white is the color of indecision (or evil typos, your pick). This is what I'd meant to display, though it's singular (in more ways than one):

Back