The official Authors' Hangout Summer Lovin' 2019 Support Thread

Working on my summer story. Already thinking what’s the best warning label to put at the top of it.

I have one for this contest. For once, it was actually started and completed this year. Usually, my entries are unfinushed stories from previous years.

Nothing. You're not the reader's nanny. See other thread ;).

The thing is while trying to brainstorm ideas for my story I realized I do not especially like the symbols of summer. So any intersection between them and sex is going to have some darkness in them. I hope to do my duty as a writer of erotica and give people moments of overwhelming sensuality and a healthier perspective of sex but it’s not all going to be positive.

Working on my summer story. Already thinking what’s the best warning label to put at the top of it.

Warning: This story may describe or include one or more of the following: sex, including sex between persons not necessarily married to one another; lustful thoughts; sinful behavior; naked people; engorged and/or unusually large genitalia; devices and instruments of various sizes and shapes that may or may not be inserted into one or more human orifices; bodily fluids; moaning, screeching, growling and other sounds that may be bothersome to persons with frequency sensitivities; unusual smells, sights, and sounds; slippery things; lubricants; fruit and vegetables and gluten-and lactose- filled products, to which readers may or may not have various allergies or sensitivities; dishonesty; weapons; clowns and other monsters; violence; blasphemy; handcuffs, ropes, chains, collars, and other restraining devices made of leather, steel, and other substances; obscenity; bad grammar; criminal behavior; and people of low character.

Proceed at your own risk. Author disclaims all warranties, including but not limited to the warranty of fitness for a particular purpose. By proceeding you assume all risks of injury and liability. In the event of any dispute your damages will be limited to the sum of $1.00, and you will bear all attorney's fees and costs. You agree that before reading this story you have had the opportunity to consult with an attorney, as well as a religious counselor of your choice and a trauma therapist.

Have a nice day and enjoy the story.

Last edited:
The thing is while trying to brainstorm ideas for my story I realized I do not especially like the symbols of summer. So any intersection between them and sex is going to have some darkness in them. I hope to do my duty as a writer of erotica and give people moments of overwhelming sensuality and a healthier perspective of sex but it’s not all going to be positive.

The name of the game is, it’s Literotica. You write here for free. Write what you want to write and don’t second guess yourself. It’s all good.

Warnings on The Worst Chain Story Ever Ch.01

At start:

Note to Readers: Please read the title. This is meant to be bad, repetitive and boring in places. If it were not a Chain Story it would be categorised as Humor and Satire. You have been warned. Continue at your own risk.

On Page 1:

(Note to reader: I had to get this and the next story in somehow so I have used a cunning plan to get John the Dong to tell them while his wife is in her special walk-in wardrobe. They have nothing to do with the story but I'm the author so I can do what I like. So there! Sticks out tongue at reader. If you don't like it you should have been deterred by the title of this story.)

On Page 2:

(Note to the reader: You must assume that the fur is fake fur man-made without harming any wildlife but indistinguishable from real fur of the animals described and that this story subscribes to the principles of the Earth Summits and all that ecological greenness. The only people, animals or sentient beings likely to be harmed by this story are the readers. You have been warned.)

Hey has an editor ever managed to save one of your stories ever? I could use some hope right about now.

So many darlings to kill, so much attachment to said darlings.

Last edited:
Hey has an editor ever managed to save one of your stories ever? I could use some hope right about now.

While I have advised some people here and there regarding their plot or the more creative parts of writing, I think big decisions like when/if to kill a character belong to the author. An editor is not a co-writer, they shouldn't make decisions like that for you. They can give feedback and suggestions on how you handled writing that part though, but in the end it's your story.

While I have advised some people here and there regarding their plot or the more creative parts of writing, I think big decisions like when/if to kill a character belong to the author. An editor is not a co-writer, they shouldn't make decisions like that for you. They can give feedback and suggestions on how you handled writing that part though, but in the end it's your story.

That's not what "killing your darlings" means. A "darling" is a particular passage that the author really loves even though it adds nothing to the story and may actually confuse the reader, break the flow, or muddle the plot.

But damn are you proud of the way you wrote those lines - the clever turn of phrase, the perfect rhythm and meter, the way it plucks at your heartstrings. It may be one of the best passages you ever wrote, and you want so badly for the world to see. But it hurts the overall story and it has to be cut.

Killing darlings is one of the hardest things to do as an author. A good editor can point them out to you when you don't even know they're there. A good editor can wield the knife, when you can't bring yourself to make the cut yourself.

I've had two stories rescued by Beta readers. In both, they pointed out that I had been too subtle in describing a character's state of mind. By misunderstanding the character's motivations, they helped me see where I needed to say explicitly something I had only hinted at.

As for darlings, I don't often get too attached. I've only had two in my Lit stories. One I killed myself, the other I left in hoping my editor would do the deed for me. But it survived, so maybe it didn't hurt the story all that much after all.

That's not what "killing your darlings" means. A "darling" is a particular passage that the author really loves even though it adds nothing to the story and may actually confuse the reader, break the flow, or muddle the plot.

But damn are you proud of the way you wrote those lines - the clever turn of phrase, the perfect rhythm and meter, the way it plucks at your heartstrings. It may be one of the best passages you ever wrote, and you want so badly for the world to see. But it hurts the overall story and it has to be cut.

Killing darlings is one of the hardest things to do as an author. A good editor can point them out to you when you don't even know they're there. A good editor can wield the knife, when you can't bring yourself to make the cut yourself.

Whelp, guess I wasn't fully awake yet. That does make more sense, actually, considering killing off characters is probably less common in erotica than in regular fiction. Oh well, thanks for explaining that :)

Be bloody, bold, and resolute.

Think of it this way: if your story really is sinking, then you’re doing your darlings a favor by killing them. No?

Summer Story

I have a great story about half done for the Summer Loving contest. Since I surprisingly (but happily) placed in the Nude Day contest I'm debating whether to keep polishing the summer story for the next year and enter it then, or just enter it for fun (and views).

When I've placed (under other accounts than this one), I've made sure to post to the next contest (I have four ready for this next one now) to show that entering isn't just about the money or the W for me--that it's a community fun project.

Yeah I was actually wondering about that. I know you can't win twice in a row for the themed contests, but I guess that means you can still enter? And you'd just be ignored for the final rankings or something?

Yeah I was actually wondering about that. I know you can't win twice in a row for the themed contests, but I guess that means you can still enter? And you'd just be ignored for the final rankings or something?

Yes, and yes. I have put a note at the beginning of such stories to say this story is not eligible to win, but I would still like votes and comments.

Edited to add: And a Note to Laurel in the Notes box when submitting.

Last edited:
Was having writers block, but then I set the font color to bright pink and now it’s flowing smoothly.

One problem I’m having is writing this one relationship. So much of writing a story, or at least this story, is so much about the protagonist’s relationship with themselves. So there’s the pitfall of having the relationship with the love interest seem secondary or slapdash.

Back