Literotica Authors and Their Books (For Literotica Authors ONLY)

Jose Romero, Seattle Times Seahawks writer." That comment is over there at Amazon.com. You must know Jose. He's been on ESPN.

Yeah, I'm sure he enjoyed that nude photo you plucked off the Internet, too. :rolleyes:

***

I've got this one out:



UNFOLDING
By Selena Kitt
www.excessica.com
Category: Menage
Heat Level: eXcess 3
Price: $4.99

Charlie lives an average life in an ordinary home, and she isn’t complaining. Jack is a good husband and they have beautiful children—but when she discovers her penchant for a secret taboo, she finds that it suddenly turns her sex life from a mundane distraction into a mind-blowing, transcendent experience. This is the story of a woman’s exquisite unfolding, as her sexual discovery and yearning for something more pushes she and her man to the edge, testing boundaries and forcing her to surrender to something much deeper than herself.


And this one coming Monday:



THE REAL MOTHER GOOSE

By Selena Kitt
www.excessica.com
Category: Romance, Fantasy, BDSM
Heat Level: eXcess 4

Settle yourself in for a wicked bed time story, a hot, wild ride through nursery rhymes like you’ve never heard them before. Set in a fantastical world where the privileged few own and raise sex slaves like beloved pets, Mother herself is the star of the show, wielding a riding crop and taking care of and training her young charges with a firm and skillful hand. But where has Father Goose wandered off to, and who will take Mother in hand when she ventures too far?
 
Oh plenty of real people bought my book. Also, some real people had sweet things to say about it. Like: "Sarah, I thought this book was fantastic. Read every word cover to cover. Graphic, but not offensive, and I think you displayed a wide array of knowledge and familiarity with sports, pop culture, history, art and so much more. It took me a while to get through all the book, but it was well worth it. A job well done and best of luck in the future. Jose Romero, Seattle Times Seahawks writer." That comment is over there at Amazon.com. You must know Jose. He's been on ESPN.

Just like plenty of "real" people "vote" and comment on your stories here under your various alts. Yes, sure. I covered that in my book on publishing (maybe you read it there--it came out--from a real publisher--before you self-published yours). To pump up your placement on Amazon.com, all you have to do is buy 50 copies of the book yourself (needing to pay only Amazon.com's mark-up, of course) and then you write yourself a whole bunch of nice comments (and, yes, the racket has been exposed of stealing identities to write up the comments--the celebrity rarely ever even hears about it).

Again, didn't like the exerience, did you? Or do you just not have any variety in you? (which is quite possible--I've agonized through a couple of your stories here).

Back to hint #1. There's no reason--other than misplaced vanity--not to go with e-booking for erotica. That's where the readers/buyers are. Happily in eXcessica's case, their titles are distributed in all sorts of different formats, including print for those really wanting that (which won't be many--as I've noted to several other posters on this thread in the past). A real mistake of uneducated self-publishers such as you tried to be (and obviously failed) is to assume print is the only way to go.
 
and, yes, the racket has been exposed of stealing identities to write up the comments--the celebrity rarely ever even hears about it.

Hey, well go ask Jose if he read my book and said that. He's not hard to find. You want his e-mail addy? Well of course he has corresponded with me. Yeah, ask him for Selena if he got a boob pic. He didn't, but I think he deserves one, don't you?
 
I'm not sure why my Shelter From The Storm got dragged into this, but thanks for the plug.

I think...
 
I'm not sure why my Shelter From The Storm got dragged into this, but thanks for the plug.

I think...

Cuz sarahh thinks Selena is Danielle and you and me and sr71 and TxRad and anyone else who's not her/him/scouries and also Laurel and Manu and she's trying (albeit badly) to prove that she's sold more print books than anyone. She's also trying (albeit badly) to prove that there's no market, e-book or print, for erotica and there's no money in writing erotica either.

So yeah, that's why you were dragged into it. So welcome to the butch-thinks-I'm-everyone-and-I-run-this-site-too club, Molly. :)
 
Cuz sarahh thinks Selena is Danielle and you and me and sr71 and TxRad and anyone else who's not her/him/scouries and also Laurel and Manu and she's trying (albeit badly) to prove that she's sold more print books than anyone. She's also trying (albeit badly) to prove that there's no market, e-book or print, for erotica and there's no money in writing erotica either.

So yeah, that's why you were dragged into it. So welcome to the butch-thinks-I'm-everyone-and-I-run-this-site-too club, Molly. :)

I'm just enjoying the honorable mention. ;)
 
While I find train wrecks to be facinating to watch in progress. (said tongue in cheek) I wonder if this particular train wreck could just stay in one thread at Scouries):rolleyes:

I personally prefer this thread to be able to see the books that are available by the Lit Author's. I may not be one, but I enjoy reading those that are.

Well, I wouldn't have posted on this thread in the first place if Selena hadn't taken a cheap shot. But okay, I can tell when I'm not wanted. So I'll confine my comments to ScouriesWorld, where I was cordially invited by the threadmaster.
 
The sixth book in my Second Chance series is now #8 in the Fictionwise Highest Rated category. I'm particularly pleased, since it's the only SciFi book in the top rated 10.

Highest Rated eBooks: Recent

1. The Ticket by Rex A. Horne [ROM]
2. Night Brigade: Fire And Dice by Elliot Love [ROM]
3. Promises in Death [An In Death Series Novel] by J. D. Robb [MYS]
4. Bone Crossed [Mercedes Thompson Series Book 4] by Patricia Briggs [FANT]
5. The Demon's Librarian by Lilith Saintcrow [DARKFANT]
6. Mortal Sins [World of the Lupi Book 5] by Eileen Wilks [DARKFANT]
7. Shattered by JoAnn Ross [ROM]
8. Second Chance: King of Zaya by R. Richard [SF]
9. Kiss of Fate [Dragonfire Series Book 3] by Deborah Cooke [ROM]
10. Fragile by Shiloh Walker [ROM]
 
Excerpts from a couple of reviews in Rainbow Reviews in the last week of eXcessica GM books by Shabbu, the coauthors habu (sr71plt here on Lit.) and Sabb.

22 February 2009: 4 stars out of 5 for the anthology Cigars! (Review by Carole):

This eclectic selection contains twelve short stories, six each by habu and Sabb, all centered around the phallic qualities and the sexual possibilities of a cigar. If you haven't ever considered the erotic potential of a cigar, then you absolutely must read this book. If you just like smoking hot sex (double entendre intended), this book will not disappoint.


1 March 2009: 4.5 stars out of 5 for the anthology Gayly Complicated (Review by Carole):

In this very interesting anthology of ten stories, habu and Sabb use what they call the 'back-and-forth, building section style' to tell stories about the male/male relationship. In many of the stories, one author takes the point of view of one protagonist and the other comes back from the point of view of the other, so you get to see the situation from inside the head of each. This is actually very exciting to read. The situations involved are complex and thought-provoking, the sex is explicit, and the stories are cleverly crafted for the reader's enjoyment. Each story provides a scenario that leads the reader to 'see' a different aspect of two men in an sexual relationship: nostalgia, miscommunication, jealousy, sadness, trust ... each of these is examined in beautifully crafted prose.
 
Buy One Get One Free!

BUY ONE GET ONE FREE!

From now until March 5, when you buy one Vivian Vincent e-book, you
can get the second free. This offer is only available when you
purchase through the excessica.com website and only for any of the
available titles listed below. You must provide a valid
email address and include in the "Notes" which title you'd like as
your free title.

Click on any of the pictures below for excerpts and purchase links.


 
"Billy" review

Billy

Ebook By amicus
Published By eXcessica Publishing
Rating:
Published: Feb. 20, 2009
Category: Fiction » Erotica » Other Erotica
Words: 81238 (approximate)

Review by Witchgiggles at Alternative Reads:

"...I found this an incredibly enthralling read with so many plot twists that I was simply stunned by the depth of emotion, reality, clarity of character that I found in this book. I simply could not stop reading it once I started and by the end was drying my eyes. There were parts that raised my anger, others that made me smile, while some made me outright weep, but the whole book was brought together in such a way that I could neither fault Billy for his “therapeutical” styles nor blame him for simply trying to bring peace to those who had been given none through “normal” channels. While this has some fantastic, sensual sex scenes, this is still a book about the darker side of life and one person’s attempt to salvage life for others. A definite top shelf read...."

Also available in Print, along with, "I'm A Girl!" & "Varities of Love".

Thanks Selena...the best of all to you and yours...:rose:

amicus...
 
Billy

Ebook By amicus
Published By eXcessica Publishing
Rating:
Published: Feb. 20, 2009
Category: Fiction » Erotica » Other Erotica
Words: 81238 (approximate)

Review by Witchgiggles at Alternative Reads:



Also available in Print, along with, "I'm A Girl!" & "Varities of Love".

Thanks Selena...the best of all to you and yours...:rose:

amicus...

Yep, that certainly is a very favorable book review. Congrats.
 
Billy

Ebook By amicus
Published By eXcessica Publishing
Rating:
Published: Feb. 20, 2009
Category: Fiction » Erotica » Other Erotica
Words: 81238 (approximate)

Review by Witchgiggles at Alternative Reads:



Also available in Print, along with, "I'm A Girl!" & "Varities of Love".

Thanks Selena...the best of all to you and yours...:rose:

amicus...

Congrats, amicus. Nice review.
 
For those who might be interested.

My first novel Dragon's Breath has been published and is now available through Barnes & nobles (See my sigy line) as well as amazon.com amongst many others. I have just finished book II in the three part series, and am going through the editing now.

If anyone wants a signed copy of the book, just PM me through here for my mailing address, I'd be more than happy to do that.

Again, thanks to everyone for supporting me in my writing and sharing with me this exciting new chapter in my life.
 
My first novel Dragon's Breath has been published and is now available through Barnes & nobles (See my sigy line) as well as amazon.com amongst many others. I have just finished book II in the three part series, and am going through the editing now.

If anyone wants a signed copy of the book, just PM me through here for my mailing address, I'd be more than happy to do that.

Again, thanks to everyone for supporting me in my writing and sharing with me this exciting new chapter in my life.

Wow! Congrats! :D
 
Lol...

Wow! Congrats! :D


Thank you....yes, I am WAY excited. They have even scheduled a book signing for me here in SLC sometime next month. It's been an amazing experience, and an awesome ride.

So again, thank you. And I DO hope you'll pick up a copy of the book and give it a read. :)
 
My first novel Dragon's Breath has been published and is now available through Barnes & nobles (See my sigy line) as well as amazon.com amongst many others. I have just finished book II in the three part series, and am going through the editing now.

If anyone wants a signed copy of the book, just PM me through here for my mailing address, I'd be more than happy to do that.

Again, thanks to everyone for supporting me in my writing and sharing with me this exciting new chapter in my life.

Congrats! Keep us posted on how it does.
 
Thank you....yes, I am WAY excited. They have even scheduled a book signing for me here in SLC sometime next month. It's been an amazing experience, and an awesome ride.

So again, thank you. And I DO hope you'll pick up a copy of the book and give it a read. :)

When I get my finances sorted out I will. Good luck with the book signing. Hope you sell oodles of copies. :)
 
Only rated #9 this week in Fictionwise. The SciFi story that beat me is by famous print book writer Harry Harrison.

Highest Rated eBooks: Recent
What's this?
1. The Ticket by Rex A. Horne [ROM]
2. True North by Bethany Brown & Ashlyn Kane [ROM]
3. The Shadow Queen [Black Jewels Series Book 6] by Anne Bishop [FANT]
4. Angels' Blood by Nalini Singh [DARKFANT]
5. White Witch, Black Curse by Kim Harrison [FANT]
6. Deathworld by Harry Harrison [SF]
7. Kitty and the Dead Man's Hand [Kitty Norville Series Book 5] by Carrie Vaughn [SUSP/THRILL]
8. When I Fall in Love by Lynn Kurland [ROM]
9. Second Chance: King of Zaya by R. Richard [SF]
10. The Demon's Librarian by Lilith Saintcrow [DARKFANT]
 
Nice 4.5 stars of 5 review in Rainbow-Reviews today of Shabbu's eXcessica book Tree of Idleness (Shabbu is the coauthor name of habu and Sabb):

* * *

For fifty years men come to the island of Cyprus, a Mediterranean paradise split and war torn by a marathon ethnic struggle between Greek and Turk, to the villa where British novelist Lawrence Durrell wrote his acclaimed Alexandria Quartert. Each one comes pulled by his own desires and by the whisperings of the villa itself and each is enticed down to the Tree of Idleness café on the Bellapais square. To ogle and, in turn, be ogled by the young Turkish Cypriot men there ~ and to take those men back to the villa for hours of unfettered, wanton pleasure, oblivious to any threat of personal damage or to the rending of the delicate balance of the island’s social structure.

And it is not only the foreign visitors to Bellapais who are affected by the enticement woven by the Bellapais villa. The local men, as well, the young ~ and maturing and aging ~ men in the Tree of Idleness café are caught up in the constantly reweaving web of desire and wanton lust, island sexual customs, and doomed relationships.

Just when it appears that the villa is willing to put the cycle to rest, to offer solace to those who have found each other again and chosen constancy over wantonness, the villa’s enticing whisperings of the delights of the Tree of Idleness café down on the Bellapais square begin anew.

BOOK REVIEW:
From the authors' notes:
The setting of this novel, the historical casting of Cyprus during the 1958-2008 period covered by the narrative as well as the villa itself on the mountainside in the upper reaches of the Cypriot ancient abbey village of Bellapais, is real, as are the Tree of Idleness café in the Bellapais square, the British author Lawrence Durrell and his celebrated The Alexandria Quartet and Bitter Lemons. Both books were, in fact, penned while Durrell lived in the Bellapais villa between 1953 and 1957. One of this novel's authors, habu, also lived in the villa, and penned novels there in the mid 1990s ... the inspiration for this novel comes from a writing exercise entered into by the two authors [habu and Sabb] who are amalgamated here in the author Shabbu ... the exercise set here was to use the same three-paragraph passage in stories by each of the authors and by the two combined and then to weave them into a coherent work using, to a limited extent, literary devices woven so skillfully by Lawrence Durrell in the Alexandria Quartet.

The three paragraphs are:
"Ahh, the days of drifting down to the Tree of Idleness in the square in the late afternoon and sitting ogling the local Turkish Cypriot men and letting them ogle me until I got that certain look from one I fancied. Then taking him up to my rented villa and letting him vigorously, joyously, and noisily fuck my brains out on a lounger under the sun on the terrace overlooking the Mediterranean.

And then back down to the square in the twilight after dinner with those fairy lights in the olive trees around the fringe of the stone café terrace, and, in that soft light and twittering laughter of the Mediterranean men and wisps of strong Turkish tobacco drifting up, eyeing and being eyed until I got the certain look from one I fancied and took him back up to the villa and let him fuck me in long, slow, sweeping strokes on the terrace under the stars.

And maybe, if he was really, really beautiful and masterful, taking him back to my bed for a night of sleep broken by brief periods of wanton lust, waking to the feel of a hot poker at my hole and a wheedling whisper for permission at my ear and arching back to accept the homage of a throbbing need to be deep inside me. Breakfasting on the terrace by the small pool and then pulling him into the pool and wrapping my legs around his waist and letting the swirling water soften the rhythmic in and outing as I threw my head back and watched the morning Mediterranean light filter through the sighing branches of the olive trees and thought about my late afternoon visit to the Tree of Idleness café in the Bellapais square, already assessing which eyes I would respond to today."


This cleverly written book is a testament to the camaraderie between habu and Sabb, who live on opposite sides of the world, and who communicate via cyberspace. The nine stories of this book could all stand alone, but reading them together delights the reader because of the delicate intertwining of plots, of characters, of love relationships, of themes, of sexual excess glorified. At the beginning of the book, you don't realize how important all the plot elements will become as they repeat and change and are the same again over generations.

The one issue that some readers may have with this book is non-consent in sexual scenes, but that is overshadowed by the gritty, sexy, almost brutal realism of the heated episodes between the men who visit the villa, who are drawn to The Tree of Idleness, and who have their fantasies and desires met at the villa.

You may pick up this book to read the hot sex scenes, but it will catch your attention with the stylish plot lobbed back and forth between the two authors, especially if you have read Lawrence Durrell. Good job, Shabbu.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top