The Last Thing You Thought...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also approve of this, and am apparently a fail fet-stalker, because I couldn't find her at all...

*hangs head in shame*

Granted, I only started that profile recently and have yet to flesh much of it out.

*points and laughs*

Never thought you'd turn out to be a failed stalker, dear.

*snickers in amusement as she vanished before he can stop her*

Finally!

The post is done for Fr33k. Now, onto my assassin then my email story and the mansion

Wow someone has a lit (yes I purposely used that work) of writing to do ;)

But then someone will have a lot of reading to do ;)

~Gets up and wanders in to say high to this favourite warrior~

~Hugs her, kisses her softly and pinches her butt before disappearing~

Might be too quick for you but still love you Cait but

<cheeky grin>

*points and laughs*

Never thought you'd turn out to be a failed stalker, dear.

*snickers in amusement as she vanished before he can stop her*

*appears wherever her destination is, directly behind her, though so still that she has no idea until his words find her ear*

Your cheekiness is going to get you in trouble...

*disappears before she can whirl around*

You'll notice that my comment was in the context of two concensual adults.
Further, the term wasn't used in any way as a threat.
ViVi and Scuttle Butt have a thread devoted to a rape scene. This is, IMHO, perfectly fine.
I think that, if you look at my behavior, you won't find any inconsistencies.
If you want to point some out to me, please feel free.

Vi and Scutt having a thread devoted to a rape scene has nothing to do with you. Oh sure, you can have your opinions, that's freedom of speech of course.

Then my opinion would be, that since you like to get on your soapbox about rape, that you would be the first one to step up and not condone "play rape" either, since it promotes the idea of rape, even if it is between consensual adults.

I do find you to be inconsistent at times, Vail.

I don't believe there is any inconsistencies.
As one of the aforementioned part of the rape thread, I chose to write that, for reasons between Bubbles and myself. It was something we wanted and both consented to.

Much in the same way that Vail plays, you might not see it happen DW but she does always seek consent, which isn't apparent if you don't deal with her directly (and you haven't). So how would you know?

Maybe her comment was in poor taste and in that context you'd be correct in calling her out. Making sad comments should be called out. But to call out her behavior for inconsistencies?

There are none.

*appears wherever her destination is, directly behind her, though so still that she has no idea until his words find her ear*

Your cheekiness is going to get you in trouble...

*disappears before she can whirl around*

*stops dead in her tracks as his words find her ear, making a small sound of surprise*

Damn him. I wish I knew how he did that.

As one of the aforementioned part of the rape thread, I chose to write that, for reasons between Bubbles and myself. It was something we wanted and both consented to.

Much in the same way that Vail plays, you might not see it happen DW but she does always seek consent, which isn't apparent if you don't deal with her directly (and you haven't). So how would you know?

Maybe her comment was in poor taste and in that context you'd be correct in calling her out. Making sad comments should be called out. But to call out her behavior for inconsistencies?

There are none.

We each are entitled to our own opinions, Vi. You have yours and I have mine. I stand by my own as I am sure you stand by yours.

ETA:

Like I said, your play with Scutt is your own. It had nothing to do with Vail. It isn't a matter of her asking consent either, Vi. She has made her stand on rape clear. I appreciate her view. Her opinion, believe me. But if she feels that strongly, then why use that word or form of it even in a teasing manner. She has called out others for their poor choice of words.

Last edited:
Would just like to point out that if you can find Twin, tis EASY to find me.

*nods*

Well now I gotta go try to find her...

....And found you both. I coulda sworn I searched for your name right on there, but oh well.

Last edited:
You'll notice that my comment was in the context of two concensual adults.
Further, the term wasn't used in any way as a threat.
ViVi and Scuttle Butt have a thread devoted to a rape scene. This is, IMHO, perfectly fine.
I think that, if you look at my behavior, you won't find any inconsistencies.
If you want to point some out to me, please feel free.

Vi and Scutt having a thread devoted to a rape scene has nothing to do with you. Oh sure, you can have your opinions, that's freedom of speech of course.

Then my opinion would be, that since you like to get on your soapbox about rape, that you would be the first one to step up and not condone "play rape" either, since it promotes the idea of rape, even if it is between consensual adults.

I do find you to be inconsistent at times, Vail.

There are none.
Just to throw my own penny into this.

The scene between V and myself was discussed, repeatedly, for a significant amount of time before it was written, and there was plenty of attention given before and after to make sure things were going okay, personally. It was a significant show of trust on her part, and not something that was done lightly.

But.

It was also something that was done by two consenting adults. Real, violent rape is not a good thing (violent is not meant as a modifier to imply that non-violent rape is a good thing). Perhaps saying someone is "on their soapbox about rape" is not the best choice of words, because that seems to me like a soapbox everyone should be on.

For better or worse, non-consent is a significant fantasy for a huge number of women. And in that context, it is not necessarily a negative thing. Exploring it here, in this context, is not a bad thing. Me running out tonight and raping a random woman I find on the street because it may be a fantasy of hers, obviously, is.

To claim someone is inconsistent in their behavior is like accusing them of breathing. No one is consistent in all their behavior, because no one can possibly feel the same way about everything all the time. Calling someone inconsistent is really an accusation without teeth. I'm not consistent, Vi's not, Vail's not, and Cait isn't. I defy anyone here to assert that they are consistent in their behavior at all times. You cannot do it and remain intellectually honest.

To some extent, we're all here exploring things, both sexual and non-, that we cannot or will not do in real life. Non-consent play is a part of that for some people. You can be against rape, and against rape jokes, and against rape apologists, while still exploring that aspect of one's sexuality in a safe environment.

I don't really see that being any more inconsistent than a person that is against murder yet will write a scene where they kill someone or will tell someone "I'll kill you!"

I'm just confused by the supposed offensiveness of the word "rape", whereas "non-consent" seems to be perfectly acceptable. Non-consent is the definition of rape - they're the same thing.

The fantasies here are obviously played out by consenting adults, so there really can't be any rape here. It's easy enough not to participate. It's my opinion that some people (myself included) who have experienced rape choose to play out these highly orchestrated fantasies involving people they trust to work through personal issues and to essentially take that power back.

If the concern is that the rape play might unintentionally titillate potential rapists...well I think that's sort of the basic argument for women wearing burquas, too, isn't it?

*shrugs* If we're throwing our opinions out there, this is mine.

I'm just confused by the supposed offensiveness of the word "rape", whereas "non-consent" seems to be perfectly acceptable. Non-consent is the definition of rape - they're the same thing.

The fantasies here are obviously played out by consenting adults, so there really can't be any rape here. It's easy enough not to participate. It's my opinion that some people (myself included) who have experienced rape choose to play out these highly orchestrated fantasies involving people they trust to work through personal issues and to essentially take that power back.

If the concern is that the rape play might unintentionally titillate potential rapists...well I think that's sort of the basic argument for women wearing burquas, too, isn't it?

I think, I might just love you! :rose:

Spot on.

I'm quoting the eloquent Alice because it's basically word for word what I was going to type myself.

This is a theatre for experimentation with our own sexualities as much as it is a place to hone our writing. Different people use it for different things and that's fine. Don't understand it, fine. Don't comment, ask.

I think it's odd to call people on inconsistencies when the personas presented here are anything but steady. Know why? Because as humans we're inherently unsteady. We change every day due to the circumstances around us.

shrugs

Rape is awful but it happens, far more than it should, and those of us that chose to explore our own experiences with it here in a safe place should not be condemned.

Last edited:
Scutt, Vi, Vail and anyone else jumping into the discussion, I'm heading out of this. Not because I'm turning tail and running, but because this could turn into another one of the Lounge's BIG discussions and frankly, I've had my fill of them. One could argue that I started this. I simply found Vail's expression of "rapings" a surprise and said so. Yes, I said I do find Vail to be inconsistent. Maybe I should have added, at times. Scutt is right, nobody is constantly and steadfastly, consistent. I have my reasons for my views where Vail is concerned. No, I don't wish to share them. They're mine. That all said, I'm heading back to writing.

ETA:

My apologies to everyone. I wasn't looking for a discussion but Lit being Lit and the Lounge being the Lounge, discussion was bound to erupt anyway. Vail and I have bounced heads before, I daresay we will again. BUT, I do respect her point of view.

Last edited:
Just to throw my own penny into this.

The scene between V and myself was discussed, repeatedly, for a significant amount of time before it was written, and there was plenty of attention given before and after to make sure things were going okay, personally. It was a significant show of trust on her part, and not something that was done lightly.

But.

It was also something that was done by two consenting adults. Real, violent rape is not a good thing (violent is not meant as a modifier to imply that non-violent rape is a good thing). Perhaps saying someone is "on their soapbox about rape" is not the best choice of words, because that seems to me like a soapbox everyone should be on.

For better or worse, non-consent is a significant fantasy for a huge number of women. And in that context, it is not necessarily a negative thing. Exploring it here, in this context, is not a bad thing. Me running out tonight and raping a random woman I find on the street because it may be a fantasy of hers, obviously, is.

To claim someone is inconsistent in their behavior is like accusing them of breathing. No one is consistent in all their behavior, because no one can possibly feel the same way about everything all the time. Calling someone inconsistent is really an accusation without teeth. I'm not consistent, Vi's not, Vail's not, and Cait isn't. I defy anyone here to assert that they are consistent in their behavior at all times. You cannot do it and remain intellectually honest.

To some extent, we're all here exploring things, both sexual and non-, that we cannot or will not do in real life. Non-consent play is a part of that for some people. You can be against rape, and against rape jokes, and against rape apologists, while still exploring that aspect of one's sexuality in a safe environment.

I don't really see that being any more inconsistent than a person that is against murder yet will write a scene where they kill someone or will tell someone "I'll kill you!"

Fair enough if you do not like the phrase "consistent behavior" lets try "Hypocritical".

I have a good idea where Cait is coming from and assuming that I hit anywhere near the mark it is the same place I do, and if not well this is the place I stand on it anyway.

Vail has made her stance on rape very clear, trust me we all know where she stands on a good many subjects. Nothing wrong with having a strong view, that alone is commendable. The problem comes in when you jam your fucking opinion down everyone's throat. When you shout loudly at everyone for not agreeing with you, and then you immediately turn around and defy the stance that you have so passionately stated and defended.

I can promise you that if it were I, or quite a few others who said something about rape Vail would have been the first one jumping up to shout and throw a fit about.

Some of the biggest issues that are championed are issues that are magically not off limits to a lucky few.

For someone who cries desperately for equality, that is a pretty biased point of view.

Either stand behind your convictions or they are meaningless.

After re-reading this the tone looks angry but that is not the case. I am simply pointing out what I see and I currently lack the words to do it any other way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back