Playboy expanding their demographic?

Dyslexicea

Literotica Guru
Joined
Sep 18, 2012
Posts
924
Playboy expanding their demographic? Or Girls did you loss your virginity twice?

I just thought I'd post the first sentence my offer to buy Playboy. Quote "In an effort to expand the demographic profile of our readers." I think they mean me. I wonder if they mean lesbian readers?

It's addressed to me, but it is addressed to me using my maiden name which I haven't used in over 4 years. I love being Mrs. Jessica B~.

Thinking of my maiden name made me realize I used to be a maiden, which brought up the thought of once upon a time I was a virgin. Which made me realize I'm very lucky because I lost my virginity twice, the first being rather uneventful, other than it being quite painful, the second being an amazing nirvana inducing experience.

Have any of you other lesbians, those of you who remain anyway, been solicited by Playboy? And if you happen not to be gold star do you also feel you lost your virginity twice?

Not much of a post maybe but it beats the hell out of 'did you suck your friend's cock today'! Need I say more.
 
Last edited:
I was raised with Playboy around the house. That peculiar combination of barbie-plastic-skinned women, intelligent liberal politics, sexist humor-- took me ages to figure out that, in fact, I am not attracted to uber-beauty.
 
I was raised with Playboy around the house. That peculiar combination of barbie-plastic-skinned women, intelligent liberal politics, sexist humor-- took me ages to figure out that, in fact, I am not attracted to uber-beauty.

I'm not at all interested in Playboy. I think the cost for a year's subscription was $12.00 but I'm not sure and can't find out as I've already shredded the offer.

What really upsets me more than the offer is how private is any of our information. We moved to Iowa last spring, I have never used my maiden name while living here.

I find it very intrusive for Playboy, or anyone else for that matter, to do enough research into my life to tie my maiden name to my current address.

I guess I was curious since my given name is Diane, obviously a woman's name, has Playboy, or some unknown research firm, done enough research into my life to know that I'm also a lesbian. And if so why would Playboy even think lesbians would be interested in buying their magazine, which is not only sexist but portrays women as merely sex objects.
 
dyslexicea: is it possible they bought a mailing list from another source? that practice isn't exactly unknown among publishers. i would be shocked if playboy has done any such research into you specifically. if you think about how many names & addresses you're talking about (almost certainly into the tens of millions), the amount of time required to do so is pretty prohibitive, i would think.

ed
 
dyslexicea: is it possible they bought a mailing list from another source? that practice isn't exactly unknown among publishers. i would be shocked if playboy has done any such research into you specifically. if you think about how many names & addresses you're talking about (almost certainly into the tens of millions), the amount of time required to do so is pretty prohibitive, i would think.

ed

Ed, it really wasn't my point that Playboy or any other publisher did the research but someone had to. Granted when I changed my name I did of course leave a paper trail, many, many notifications of my name change had to be filed and updated. Most of which was by snail mail. A few on line but very few.

I guess in an offhanded way I was pointing out just how insecure our personal information is due to the internet and the lack of integrity of many web companies, such as Facebook which does happen to share some of our information. Even our banks share information, unless you specifically opt out, with their affiliates which may have much less restrictive policies on the use of our personal information than our bank does. In other words if they can make a buck they'll sell it.

My main point really was is Playboy so desperate for circulation that they are trying to market to lesbians. That would of course be a very stupid idea, lesbians are not men with tits and a pussy, but corporate America is still cock(male) dominated which means dominated by creatures who happen to be not so smart!:D

But really what I'd like to know!
1). Are there any other lesbian here in queer space?
2). If so have you received a similar offer from Playboy or even some other male magazine?
3). More importantly, to me anyway, if you happened to have been dumb enough to have tried batting for the other team in your past, have you like me felt you lost your virginity twice?
 
Back
Top