NC Republicans: ignore the vote fraud. Certify the election.

someoneyouknow

Literotica Guru
Joined
Jun 5, 2006
Posts
28,274
As odd as it may sound, there is a still an election which has yet to be certified. The winner of the race for the 9th Congressional district in North Carolina is still unknown. The reason for this three month-long odyssey is the vast amount of vote fraud perpetrated by a Republican operative.

Republicans in the state keep clamoring for the Board of Elections to certify the race in favor of their candidate, Mark Harris, claiming, despite the fraud, their person would still have more votes. Democrats say because of the extensive amount of fraud, the votes are tainted a new election should be held.

According to Elections Director Kim Strach, Leslie McCrae Dowless, a political operative in rural Bladen County, hired workers to falsify absentee ballot request forms, collect absentee ballots and falsify witness certifications in an apparent violation of state election laws. In addition, Strach found security at the elections office in Bladen County, where some of the alleged ballot tampering took place, had been insufficient.

Dowless allegedly paid workers $150 for every 50 absentee ballot request forms they collected and $125 for every 50 absentee ballots collected, Strach said. What’s more, Red Dome, a consulting firm hired by Harris’s campaign, paid Dowless $131,275 between July 3, 2017, and Nov. 7, 2018.

Lisa Britt, Dowless’s former stepdaughter, was among those who testified at the hearing on Monday. She said that during the congressional race, Dowless paid her to collect absentee ballots, including ballots that were not signed by witnesses.

Britt also said that she voted in the November election, despite being on probation for a felony conviction, a violation of North Carolina state law. Dowless, she said, offered instructions on how to do that.​

The party which keeps talking about all the "rigged" elections and vote fraud which is taking place, has now said even though they're the ones perpetrating the fraud, it should be ignored so they can take the seat.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/430466-nc-elections-chief-details-coordinated-unlawful-absentee-ballot-scheme-in
 
All Democrats: Lie your asses off because there's plenty of us who are dumb enough to make a difference.
 
UPDATE

"There were also actions we identified that were actions taken to hide this conduct from the Board of Elections and from the greater public. And that small batches of these ballots when they were collected were taken to the post office, limiting the number that would be received by the Board of Elections. There were efforts to ensure that ballots were mailed at a post office that was geographically close to the voter, and ensure witnesses signed and dated the same date as the voters signature they had signed the return envelope," Strach said

"There were also efforts to ensure that same color ink as the witness was used, so that if a witness had signed in a different colored ink, tracing sometimes over that with an ink pen that would be similar to that of the voter was used," she added.

Strach also said that incomplete or blank absentee ballots were voted in the home of McCrae Dowless.​

Massive vote fraud, and Republicans say it's no big deal.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/investigator-details-alleged-north-carolina-election-fraud-scheme/story?id=61147602
 
UPDATE

CNN - The North Carolina Board of Elections voted unanimously on Thursday in favor of holding a new election in the 9th Congressional District after an investigation into absentee ballot irregularities.

The decision comes shortly after Mark Harris, the Republican leading in the contested race, said a new election should be called. He told the state board he does not condone the activities that have come to light after testimony this week and he feels that the public's confidence in the process is shaken.

Conveniently, Harris also said he doesn't have full recall and struggles with confusion after two strokes. After all, what better excuse to claim one can't recall the fraud you tried to commit than by saying your medical condition is the issue.

Interestingly, though Harris supports the new election, he and the North Carolina Republican party have consistently said the amount of fraud committed didn't justify a new election, that the fraud didn't rise to the level it could alter the outcome, and really, it's just a little bit of vote fraud. Who cares?

Most likely what sent Harris over the edge, as well as the elections board, was the testimony of Harris' own son who stated he had warned his father of the convicted felon hired by the consulting firm his dad's campaign paid for, was up to dirty tricks. This, after Harris told the elections board he had never, ever in a million years been told anything might be wrong with this person.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/21/politics/mark-harris-son-north-carolina-9th-district-hearing/index.html
 
‘It went all the way to the top’: NC Democrat details GOP opponent’s ‘systematic criminal activities’

orth Carolina Democrat Dan McCready told CNN on Monday that the scheme to steal the 2018 election in the 9th district went all the way to the top of Republican Mark Harris’s campaign, which he said engaged in “systematic criminal activity” to defraud voters.

“We had heard allegations about this fraud during the campaign, but I had no idea how deep and how wide it went,” McCready said. “It went all the way to the very top of my opponent’s campaign.”
ADVERTISING

“We saw the cover-ups of evidence that was not being submitted to the board under subpoena, we saw leaked early voting information from the local board of elections to their campaign,” he continued. “But more than anything, we saw actual systematic criminal activity where my opponent’s campaign hired people to go to voters’ houses and take their ballots, sometimes fill in choices for other candidates. It appears they threw ballots in the trash.”

“There is nothing more sacred in our country than your right to vote,” McCready went on, and placed the blame squarely on Harris who, against the advice of his federal prosecutor son, had hired Republican operative McCrae Dowless to carry out the scheme.

So who is going to jail? Anyone?:eek:
 
UPDATE

The Republican operative who pulled off the massive vote fraud has been indicted and arrested.

Leslie McCrae Dowless was arrested Wednesday morning and charged with three counts of felonious obstruction of justice, two counts of conspiracy to commit obstruction of justice and two counts of possession of absentee ballot, in relation to absentee ballot irregularities in Bladen County in the 2016 general election and 2018 primary election. Activities related to the 2018 general election remain under investigation, according to Wake County District Attorney Lorrin Freeman.​

When Republicans say there's vote fraud going on, they know what they're talking about!

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/27/politics/north-carolina-political-fraud-indictment/index.html
 
With the new special election around the corner, voters in the county where Republicans rigged the last vote are wondering if the shenanigans will happen again.

"In this county, I've always had doubts," said Jerry Jackson, a Bladen County native now retired after careers as a U.S Coast Guard lieutenant and prison case manager. "No, I don't have full confidence in the government in Bladen County."

Jackson, 73, said he remembers a case years ago when a woman was accused of voting twice, but she wasn't prosecuted.

"They just let her go. She said she was testing the system," the registered Republican said. "I'm going to go into a bank and rob it and get caught, but I'm just testing the police response. You think that'll work? I don't think that'll work."​

Meanwhile, a woman at the center of the vote fraud had this to say about the vote fraud:

Judy Dowless, a registered Republican married to Dowless' first cousin, said people have exaggerated the ballot fraud that prompted the special congressional election.

"I don't think it was a scandal. I think it was a misunderstanding," she said while leaving an early-voting site.​

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/nc-ballot-fraud-voters-concerned-fair-elections-65451408
 
Back
Top