Operation: Vengence (Closed)

Wild Dog Johnny

Johnny was disappointed a little when Flick seemed uninterested to play with the drone, it spoiled a little trick he was planning and he did see it important she would be familiar with them.

When she returned to Alexandria’s laptop she was using, Johnny understood why. He was already looking at files on it, and took a peek on what she will do. So she decided to go for the Brazilian sat just because he told not to. Kids.

He looked up at her and noticed, what exactly? She had modified his hud placing censor bars upon herself. This was funny. Sure, he had been in hurry to impress the girl, and created completely unprotected connection, giving her easy access when she returned to her computer sooner he had expected. Did she think it was just that easy or used his carelessness knowingly?

Johnny encrypted connection leaving it one directional, just as he had planned already, then concealed it and quickly reviewed what exactly she had done. Actually quite clever girl indeed. He removed the modification, then contemplated shortly what he should do. There really was no time for games, so he deployed his own laptop, not only for the full size keyboard, but also for software he didn't have on the wearable core, and to leave his field of view uncluttered.

Shortly after he spoke:

"Commander, I completely agree with your analysis, this mission is likely not supposed to succeed. It is much too early to formulate alternative plan of action however, we need more information.

"I'm working with files obtained by miss SwipeRight, good job on those, by the way,” he nod towards Flick, “unfortunately floor plans of the adversary compound we have are architecture sketches not technical drawings, I mean, they contain multitude of errors and inconsistencies, from minor, to few quite important. The information is workable, I can building 3D model out of it right now, but it certainly is not actual in every detail nor is it complete. Also there are things that signal presence of underground level or levels of significant size we have no information about: the ventilation shafts are several times larger than it could be necessary, for example, also according to some of the bills we have, they used a lot more concrete than the overground structure could contain, unless they filled some rooms completely with it, or build additional structures, on or underground. Possibly both.

While I suppose it is possible to repurpose Brazilian telecoms satellite SwipeRight is currently working with for our needs, to my knowledge it has no optical instruments, perhaps she intend to use it as microwave radar, so we might indeed receive low resolution surface scans. It is more than nothing, and may suffice until we can deploy my own drones for close visual observation. However, not to mention communication disruption in large area changing orbit of this satellite will cause, our adversary will almost certainly be alerted.

If we consider infiltration of the compound as an option, what we need more is actual structural scans of the building.

There could be such a chance.

When Tillerson was making deals in Russian Arctic, they launched a geological survey satellite in polar orbit. Since that plan failed, they apparently abandoned that craft. It should be still out there however, inactive. We could use that satellite if we could find it and activate.

Its activation can remain unnoticed as a minimum until the first flyover of the target, and quite possibly long enough for our purposes. Change of orbit will be registered by space agencies watching junk, but if we make just one short burn, they may conclude it gained momentum from a micro-collision.

Depending on the orbit it has and adjustment we can make, we can get up to two flybys per day, at least hour on target on each.

How useful it could be depends on what instruments it have in working order, and how we can repurpose them to analyse structure of a building. It is possible we even could discern humans inside the building from walls and furniture

"It is no longer listed under the original operative designation, but since dead, it should have got junk identifier I can't link… what is little strange. It can be because it is Russian and was registered as junk by western agencies independently, instead of direct status transition. Or the craft may in fact be in covert use by unknown party already,. Also, we do not have access codes, nor a radio telescope to send the wake up call.

"With no disrespect to miss SwipeRight skills, I do not think it is possible to take over it in time on our own.

"However I do happen to know someone who might have left love letters in its source code and might have access to necessary assets.

"There's a problem though, she would not likely speak with me, but SwipeRight may have a chance, even if identified as working for me. She may be unwilling to help anyway. Or worse. It is a call to the realm of shadows, almost anything can happen.

"Also protocol I intend to use, basically I will shout, the end of the world is coming. I still believe that must be overstated, but if determined so, someone may become angry. Additional chaos often is useful though, and I doubt it can really put us in crossfire.

"There's a lot of uncertainty, but if it works, may be worth a try. May I ask your permission to proceed?"
 
Last edited:
Hot Thunder

“Wild Dog, thanks for confirming my fears. This mission is doomed as presently planned. We need more information… so if you want to mess with satellites… permission to proceed. However, I’m going to brief the squad on what my fears are.” Hot Thunder told Johnny.

She sighed, mainly out of frustration. She did not like going rogue, but the situation seemed to demand it. She stood up and glanced around the open transport bay of the plane. She noticed the dual rails in the floor of the plane for heavy equipment drops. She also noticed the huge parachute strapped to the bulkhead of the C-130.

She flipped on her radio and pressed the “transmit all” button. Everyone in the squad could hear her now.

“The Seppuku Squad, listen up.” She said. “We are going to be adjusting our plan. Everything about this mission stinks. From the rushed nature of assembling this squad… to the unknown nature of our target. Since our lives are on the line… I’m suggesting we gather additional information before we attack the transport convoy.

So, to do that we need to arrive early. I’m going to order the pilots to air drop us into the jungle near the city of Maracaibo. A few of us can enter the city and meet our contact.”

“Air drop us?” APC asked “None of us have parachutes.”

“Yes, but this plane is equipped for heavy equipment drops” Hot Thunder explained pointing to the rails and then the large chute on the bulkhead wall. “If that parachute can support a HUMVEE at 5,000 lbs … it can carry the 6 of us.”

“Fuck!!” APC gasped in shock

“I’d love too… Absolutely… but let’s wait until we find a nice bed” Hot Thunder replied with a cute wink to the Spook. “We’ll need to tell our contact in country a new place to meet…Does anyone know of a place” She said

“There is a night club in the Calle Carabobo district called El Eden. It has rooms available if we want to sleep in beds” APC answered hesitantly “But the idea of jumping out of this plane… into a dense jungle… with a cargo chute”

“Don’t forget we’ll be doing it at extremely low altitude… and at night” Hot Thunder added with a big grin

“Ahhh” APC said trying to think of something to say to change Hot Thunder’s mind. He could not think of anything.

“It will be fine… so far, I've always survive my crazy ideas.” Hot Thunder said to reassured APC. “Wild Dog... what do you think. Sound plan? Anyone else, thoughts? We’ll need transport… clothing… what else?” She asked everyone else.
 
SwipeRight

Flick snickered as Johnny fumbled around her code to clear his HUD, as per usual the combination of her age and sex had him vastly underestimating her skills. *Growing up she had hated that feeling, but lately she had learned to lean into it, as it was far easier to get the job done, when everyone thought you couldn’t do it.* As he spoke up about the satellite, she gave him a little smile.

“Actually since they have a NDA with google, I looked into it and they are part of the Google Earth network.* The error in its path will only be seen long after we are done with it, and if they look closer at why it moved out of its grid, they will find a very common Ios bug at the core of the issue. So while we will not have military grade scans, we should have good visuals.** Also my suggestion was not to hit the compound, just to hit the convoy closer to the compound, as it would make it harder for them to scramble reinforcements if most of it is split between the actual ambush spot and the compound”

When he continued laying out his plan, she just listened, and held back a jab when he said his contact wouldn’t work with him, as at this point in time the mood in the plane had turned more serious.* When the commander talked about airdropping, Flick got a little nervous as she was not planning on actually being in the field for this one, but as Alexandria smiled and gave her a wink, she calmed down and kept on her task

Baby Driver

Alexandria whooped as the commander talked about the updated plan. *“Don’t worry Big guy, I’ll make sure your side of the rig is extra safe” She said immediately going to work at rigging a frame that could safely enough handle their weight, and get them to the ground safely.** While she was not comfortable with the parameters of this mission, she just tried to convince herself that there was no way their own country would be setting them up, and even if that was the case,* the skill level on this team was good enough to get out of this in mostly one place.
 
Last edited:
Wild Dog Johnny

Turning to Flick Johnny said, "great, if you can make it that subtle, but on Google Erth it is pristine path of jungle, isn't it? What if it just turn cameras off going over? Well, you're on it... Could actually be interesting to watch at what layer they do that swap out, and how nervous an erroneous scan will make them. That we never will see if we don't have another eye. Both ideas are complimentary, and I would have kept your project as backup anyway as there's no guarantees..."

“The Seppuku Squad, listen up,” Codi said over intercom. “We are going to be adjusting our plan. Everything about this mission stinks. From the rushed nature of assembling this squad… to the unknown nature of our target. Since our lives are on the line… I’m suggesting we gather additional information before we attack the transport convoy.

"So, to do that we need to arrive early. I’m going to order the pilots to air drop us into the jungle near the city of Maracaibo. A few of us can enter the city and meet our contact.”

“Air drop us?” APC asked “None of us have parachutes.”

“Yes, but this plane is equipped for heavy equipment drops” Hot Thunder explained pointing to the rails and then the large chute on the bulkhead wall. “If that parachute can support a HUMVEE at 5,000 lbs … it can carry the 6 of us.”

Johnny blinked twice looking at the big chute. Actually air drop would've been something he expected from the mission profile. He assumed it was deemed not an option either due to civilians on the squad or airspace too hostile. Apparently commander think they can reach the drop point.

His visual mind imagined several ways six people could use transport parachute, and possible outcomes. He didn't like those images. Heavy equipment drops wasn't designed to be particularly gentle, but they would use only about third of its capacity. It could be done, and they were running against the time.

"I would rather crash-land the plane," he said out loud, "less injury prone. Alas, not an option: too noticeable; we need to dissappear. Could it be possible to command pilots not to report the drop until they land? There's no such thing as perfect security, communications can be eavesdroped."

"That is yes, I support your plan, commander. Bad ideas in bad times are good."

Johnny returned his attention to his more immediate talking partner.

"As to attack plans, Flick, right out of the gate isn't a bad idea as such. It is the time when position of a convoy is most certain. Therefore it is when attack is expected most. What makes it perfect opportunity if we invert the logic. Or worst if that is anticipated. Then sometimes adversaries even intentionally broadcast exact time of attack and plan of action, then carry it out in minute detail, with devastating results nevertheless. It is often done as demonstration of force by a party vastly outpowering its foe. Actually, we are about to jump out of perfectly good airplane in midair, with one parachute on six, just to escape exactly that sort of situation as the minor party.

We're just a pawn going to g4.

And that's why... Quite frankly, when someone go so much out of their way to hide something that is bound to be in plain sight; I'm just nosy like that. I want to look them right under queen's skirt."

"Anyway, we have commander's orders," he said sternly, but with a little straight smile, "and if it fails, it will take just few minutes of your time, if not... I would even ask her what she thinks about what you are doing right now and listen very carefully, but not necessarily comply, of course. Just don't boast you already have partial solution right away, I want that bird if it's available."

"There's how we will do it: I will give you a Tor node, just an address, and a public key. Select a handle with some fame to it, you want be recognised this time. You will enter the prompt and wait. Eventually she will tell, fuck off, or some such. Then you enter the call. She will ask you questions, silly questions. You will answer each fast, doing your best to hide the exact code word I provide in a full and logical sentence or two, but not more, exactly once. Don't worry makes the conversation any sense or not, but your ability of nonsense talk will be judged, as smother it looks as better. If she won't like something, or you will stall, she will cut off. After the third answer she will cut you off anyway."

"Meanwhile she will have tracked you down and will look around. Let her, you can make her know you see if you do, but don't do anything too aggressive, you're asking her for help."

"I hope, you, me, and a standard issue DoD laptop between us, full of reconnaissance data about south America, will amuse her enough to call back. On a different chanel of course."

"If she call back with the right name, she's game."

"Anything else, and we better bail out fast, before she's crashed the plane outright, shoot us down from a taken over AEGIS cruiser, or marked for alien abduction. And while I don't know can she do either of these, she fucking might." Johnny chuckled.

Meanwhile he opened a text file on Flick's screen:

Node: xxxx.xxxx.xxxx.xxxx
PKey: (4096 random bits)
Promt: remember brother of Vanagandr
Call: I have his bones
Answer1 - include: snow mist
Answer2 - include: sunburn
Answer3 - address her as: dark deep night



"Well, just so you know, monster of the river is less known name of Fenrir, the wolf of the old norse apocalypse, and when his brother, world serpent Jörmungandr release his tail, Fenrir will run to snatch moon out of the sky and hunt down the gods. And that at the end is translated name for Kali, Hindu goddess of destruction, death, and unashamed sex, known to old norse as queen of Hel, younger sister of those two guys."

"Just flattery to a girl, of course," he snicker a little nervously. "The rest is personal stuff."

"Will you do this for me?"
 
Last edited:
Flic (with J's input for the other hacker)

Flic did her outmost best not to roll her eyes at the latvian operator as he mansplained his plan to her. Apparently not only did he underestimate her, but apparently he did mistook the info she had shared as if it was her one and only plan. Then again she remembered that men were not that good at listening or multitasking, so she figured there was really no point in explaining that to him.

As the man clumsily tried to open something on her screen, je opened a secure line to allow him to do so, and wondered yet again why someone would just assume they can hack her just like that. But again instead of going on a rant, she disabled her counter measures who would fry his gear and settled with deleting all the porn from his connected devices.
Going to the node she she logged in using her own handle from before the CIA busted her. R3DH3ll1A

remember brother of Vanagandr
-
-
-
[Fuck off that handle went to Valhalla years ago] - Was the answer she got. Flick smiled and typed

I have his bones
-
-
-
[Why are your panties dirty]- Flick gave the operator a raised eyebrow as she typed her reply
Because I tumbled with Svaðilfari in the snow mist
-
-
-
[what a slut like you do Friday night] – “You have such delightfull friends Johnny”
Hot date with Eir to see if she can do anything about my sunburn
-
-
-
[did my vile wolfie hurt you] As the hacker was probing around her secondary layer of protection, Flic just opened a secure line again and invited her in. There was no reason to flex against this hacker as she was clearly very good, and they needed her to be in a good mood.
No, dark deep night, Fenrir was very gentle with me.

As the node went dark Flick just gave J a look and waited to see what would happen.
 
"Ok..." Johnny told more to appease his own anticipation. "I think that went smoothly enough. We won't know before she comes back."

"When she does, and I give thumbs up, say you found place moon doesn't shine at and show your satellite analysis with the blind spot. She should be intrigued. Then ask is her white teddy bear still sleeping. She loves fuzzy language like that, but I think you can speak freely after that, ask can we borrow that geology satellite for a little while."

"And, I will be annoying like that and remind for you to say as little as you can about our situation, but as much she needs to know."

"Report back what you got."
 
There were, indeed, many guns pointed at him as soon as he walked through the door. Hastings put up his hands and stood calmly while the mercs patted him down and confiscated his punch knife and sidearm, a nice H&K VP9 in matte black.

Jack Cauten was not a large man, about Hastings own height and weight. But he was a decade older and had more tattoos, less hair. The man sat back in his chair, the remains of an eggs and bacon breakfast before him. He wiped his mouth and eyed Hastings up and down.

"Ahh, Sean. Been a long time, mate. Thought sure somebody woulda put a bullet in ya by now."

Hastings shrugged minutely, lowering his hands to his sides. "Some have."

The older man smiled, but it never reached his cold green eyes. "And what might I be able to do for you this morning?"

Hastings sat down across from Cauten, uninvited. He settled his hands on the table in front of him, glancing around the dive bar. It was small and dim and dirty, filled with steroid aided musclemen with lots of tattoos and impressive beards.

"You can sell me some information, Jack. I mean, we both know that's where you make your real money. Not with mercenary work. You haven't been in the field in years. The only shots you fire are at the range."

"You're a prick. I shoulda had you killed back in Uganda." Jack Cauten growled.

Hastings smiled at him. It was the kind of smile that merely showed teeth. What was in his eyes was not humorous, or even human.

"Human traffickers get whats coming to them, Jack. Those who help them get theirs, too. But I'm here for business today, not pleasure. What do you know about a group hiring muscle out of the jungle these days, call themselves the Crimson Vultures."

Jack Cauten froze. He stared at Hastings, unmoving, for long seconds. Then he gave a slow, vicious smile. He slapped the table in front of him and started laughing.

After a moment of this, he wiped his tearing eyes and shook his head. "Isn't it a wonder how the lord works things? I'll tell ya what, Sean. I'll tell you everything I know about the Crimson Vultures. I'll even do it for free."
 
Waiting

Doc listened as the Commander explained her plan. It seemed a very good idea to get some information before they went running in. When you’re dealing with a cancer, it was always better to find out where the blood vessels were and how big the bugger was.
“Sounds good Commander. A nice break in a luxury hotel is just what I need. With permission from you, Commander, I’ll give give everyone a quick once over, just to check that there’s nothing that’s going to effect the outcome of the mission. I’m sure you won’t all mind giving me a little cough”.
Doc smiled at Alexandria as he said “I’ll make sure I leave all my latex gear in my room while I examine you, too”.

He then sat back and checked that he had all of the darts he needed for his tranquilliser rifle. Just because he was a pacifist, it didn’t mean he was completely useless after all. He had the usual sleeping darts but also a few nasty surprises if he should need them. All non-lethal but not all of them very pleasant.
Doc watched the altercation between the hacker girl and the wolf. He rolled his eyes at her at one moment when he seemed to be mansplaining. He wasn’t sure if she saw him, but he felt that she didn’t look like the type to be used to this environment and thought she might need a friend, especially if something awful should happen to her only contact. Of course he was intending to keep everyone alive, but with the current mission parameters, who the hell knew what might happen?
 
Last edited:
Baby Driver

Alexandria was in her element, now that all was turning to shit and a plan had to be jerryrigged together, she was right in her element. Throwing a big wrench at APC she said " Hey Big guy, think you could get me six seats for me?" As she plugged in her music, blasting it load enough that people around her could hear the rock music over her earplugs.

Stripping the C-130 of some pipeing she welded a simple rectangle , once that was done she removed some of the inner plating of the plane to cover the bottom and sides of her cage. After all if they dropped from low altitude in the jungle, they would need some protection from branches and general things that could harm them upon landing.

" Hey guys, its going to be a rough one, but if we pack well, we should be able to take most of the gear we need."She said waiting on APC to help her fix the seats in place.
 
APC

He grabbed the wrench and started to remove seats. As he removed seats he told her what he thought.

“I’m a scientist… I need to tell you this is not a very good idea… if the chute is too big for our weight, it might not open properly. Even if it does open, the decent might be too slow. We’ll drift, we could start spinning, or the weight might make it unstable. We’ll lose the “chute” shape and plunge to our deaths.”

APC handed a seat to Alexandria and helped her place it into the correct location.

It was not necessary for Alexandria to reply. APC was helping, which meant he was going to jump out of the plane with the rest of them.

Hot Thunder

Codi was starting to warm up to Wild Dog Johnny. He clearly had plenty of combat experience and had his head screwed on straight. Some thing pretty rare in many of the special force personnel types. She switched her push to talk (PTT) to private, and was now only communicating to him.

“Wild Dog… I need an XO, let me know if your interested. I need to talk to the pilots about our change of plans.”

Hot Thunder switched off her radio and walk to the forward bulkhead. She opened the hatch leading to the cockpit. “Cockpit… always liked that name!” she thought to herself. She grabbed the aviation map off the navigation table and a grease pencil.

She came up behind the pilot and co-pilot, who were busy flying the plane. The pilot was Major Nate Boyle, a typical handsome, Tom Cruise looking, top gun flyer. To his right was Lt Ashley Hammond, fit, girl next door looking, brunette.

“Hey, Major, Lt, new orders. You’ll need to fly us in country. Take this route” She explained as she used a grease pencil to draw a line on the map.

“What? We were to land in Panama and transfer you to the carrier via helo” Major Boyle pointed out.

“Change of plan” Codi said again.

“I can’t just violate a country’s airspace, especially Venezuela! It would be an international incident.” He gasped.

“Major, here are my orders you can see on the last page I can adjust the plan.” Hot Thunder pointed out.

“That does not mean you can change the plan now” The Major countered.

“Major, I will relieve you of command of this aircraft if you do not follow my orders. I’m the commander of this mission, and I out rank you as a navy commander. If you do not follow me orders, you will be relieved. Do I make myself clear?” Codi said firmly

“Nate, she is right… don’t fight her on this” Lt Ashley Hammond said.

“Major, this mission is critically important to national security. My whole squad is putting their lives on the line. I need you and the Lt here to be heroes… and do the same. The route I give you is the same as drug planes use. You will be hugging the tree tops. The Venezuelan will not know you are in their airspace, plus you’ll get to do some kick ass flying in a C-130.” Codi explained.

“Ok” The major replied still unsure about the change of plans.

“Great!” Codi replied “Three more things. We’ll be parachuting out of the plane with some advanced technology. Visually classified. So please don’t go into the back of the aircraft until we are gone. Also transmit this new meeting location to our in country POC. Finally, as an extra security measure, I want you to act like we are landing in Panama, but instead fly over the airfield and then continue on to the route I showed you. If you get asked about the change, I'll come forward an answer. Understand” She ordered.

He nodded his head “yes”

Hot Thunder had a big smile on her face as she re-entered the cargo bay.
 
Wild Dog Johnny

Johnny watched Flick's screen intently until the long awaited popup appeared.

R3B1XX, he read the caller's ID and almost laughed, Beccie had dug out her own old handle. About time for something good to happen.

Johnny give thumb up sign, exhaled and relaxed visibly. He sit back, then, wearing a little victory smile quickly glanced towards APC. He would like to know what that guy think about him calling ancient gods.

“I’m a scientist… I need to tell you this is not a very good idea… if the chute is too big for our weight..." the guy whined. It was. Better too much than too little.

Watching Flick busy typing for little while, he opened a new terminal.


Jn> esi te


He typed. Nothing happened for a moment, then next line appeared:

Bx> x
Jn> ko teiksi
Bx> foršs skuķis
Jn> pārāk
Bx> tev
Jn> /
Bx> ielaida
Jn> un
Bx> liki
Jn> jā
Bx> žēl
Jn> piedod
Bx> kur atradi
Jn> cip nebrīvprātīgā
Bx> aha
Jn> redz
Bx> :p
Jn> kā toreiz
Bx> sen tik sen
Jn> bij tas laiks
Bx> domāju
Jn> arī
Bx> vēl ko
Jn> nē
Bx> slikti
Jn> nezinu
Bx> sargi
Jn> protams
Bx> sevi arī
Jn> vienmēr


(Latvian, expanded: "be here" or "are you here" - x - what would you say - cool jade - overly so - for you - / - she let me in - so what - did you command her to do so - yes - that's pity - forgive me - where you found [her] - CIA non-volunteer - I see - does she see - :p - just like back then - long ago so long ago - that time was - I'm thinking [about you] - so do I - anything else - no - too bad - I don't know - guard [her] - of course - and yourself - always)

He waited for a minute, then closed the window, took off his goggles and rummaged in his backpack, searching for nothing in particular, just to allow moisture in his eyes to dry unnoticed.

“Wild Dog…" Codi called, "I need an XO, let me know if your interested. I need to talk to the pilots about our change of plans.”

"Yes commander, in a sec," he answered automatically.

Quickly put himself back together, Johnny stood up and followed to the front of the plane where commander already argued with pilots.

"APC," he addressed self appointed scientist of the team in passing, "I'm worried about the same thing, we're using, perhaps one third of capacity. You may look in to the actual numbers and think a way to adjust the chute, cut holes or trim edges... Ideally give us more control; can we turn that thing into a big paraglider?"
 
Last edited:
Baby Driver

Alexandria was going to tease the big man about being afraid to jump, but she held back as she too had slight aprehensions about this one. And that said alot. But as Both him and the new XO started to talk avout actually modding the chute, she just had to speak up,

"Gentlemen, while I appriciate you thoughts, here are some facts. First, our weight won't mean shit as terminal velocity is the same regardless of weight. Second we are not going to just pile shit up haphazardly. Once everyone has gotten his or her gear together, we will meticulously arange and secure everything so that our weight is well ballanced through out the structure. I made it about 3/4th of a humvee, so it should do the trick.

Secondly we will be dropping in low altitude, the chute gets pulled at exit by the cable, so there is no worry there. And we also have 0 concern about drifting to long in the sky. It's actually quite the contrary, we are going to fall like a ton of bricks, and we should pray we hit some tree's on the way down to slow us down.

And even if you wanted to make some sort of a paraglide contraptions thinking there will be time enough in this low altitude drop to actually steer this thing, do you really want to unfold, cut, refold a huge ass chute in these cramped quarters?"

Flic

R3B1XX: So my little wolf needed help and didn't dare to contact me himself?
R3DH3ll1A: Something like that yes
R3B1XX: Still a pain in the ass with his micromanaging?
R3DH3ll1A:01111001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01101011 01101110 01101111 01110111 00100000 01101001 01110100

Flic noticed an outgoing line from her to someone else in the plain, assuming it was to Johnny, she monitored it discreetly

R3B1XX: Did you choose the handle to stand out or is it really the famous red hellia?
R3DH3ll1A: The one and only.
R3B1XX: Great well I'll go to work then.

As they logged off, she took a look at the exchange between the hacker and J, after putting it to a translator it still made little sense, must be a lot of inside language. But when she noticed the jackass had just burned her by exposing her status with the CIA, she got furious and was ready to rip him a new one. It was then she thought of another issue that took precedent.

"Commander! Permission to share our updated plan with our Guide on the ground? " She asked Codi, as if he was waiting for them at touch down, and they didn't tell him they would be a man down. "He is ex cia from what I read so I should be able to give him the info in a way that most people would never be able to crack, and even smart people would need a day or two."
 
Hot Thunder

"I asked the pilots to contact our in country POC. They are relaying our new meeting location in the Calle Carabobo district, the night club called El Eden. But if you wish to re-enforce that message, no problem." The commander explained.

Hot Thunder switched her PTT to the whole squad. "Everyone, we are about two hours from the drop zone. Please make your final preps. The Land Zone (LZ) should be cool... but just in case, assume a HOT LZ. Please have your weapons ready. In about 45 mins the plane will drop to low altitude and start doing some... uhh aerial maneuvers. I hope you did not eat a big lunch! Finally, I have appointed Wild Dog has my XO. Should we become separated... Continue the mission under his leadership. That is all" She said.
 
Wild Dog Johnny

Johnny's ears burn in humiliation listening Alexandia's explanation. His attempt to make inroad with APC turned out foolish.

"Indeed Alex, Baby Driver," what a strange code name that girl had chosen, "you're right and seeing what you do with metal I wouldn't dare to doubt your expertise in technical matters anyway," he smiled. "I should have just looked up the minimum payload weight of the particular chute; it even should be right on the label, and we likely are exceeding that, especially with this thing. And you're absolutely right about repackaging, that would be a nightmare."

"Balancing is important, obviously, but we also want to bail out of the vehicle all at one and fully armed the very moment it stops at the latest. Returning for backpacks is acceptable, we will need to conceal the thing anyway, but we can't displace too much of our active gear."

"Also, do you plan to release the chute on touchdown, or retrieve it still attached to the landing vehicle? I would like to bury or burn it, but as far as possible from the landing spot. It looks like too heavy for one man carry though, especially for SwipeRight who is only one unarmed... just thinking out loud, but those are important details."

It was then Johnny heard from Codi that he is appointed as XO. It come as surprise before he rewind the mental tape and remembered exactly to what he had said yes while in blue. Well, he had pretty much assumed that position anyway, considering the rest of the team. If there was anyone who could turn this ragtag group into a fighting force to be reckoned with, it was him.

"I only hope I won't need to do too much paperwork," he joked switching to Codi, "hate that."

"Otherwise, this is a strange team, everyone seems to have some unique skills, but how many of them know what hot LZ is for real? It reminds me training along with national guard back at home, kind of, on steroids. I mean, if that force decided to create their own spec-ops team, it's how it probably might look like. No disrespect implied, we have even sent those guys as peacekeepers to Africa, some of them are as good as any pro's. What I mean, we may need an actual tactical briefing even for something this trivial. Consider it training opportunity for the team."
 
Dragoon

Deep in the jungles of Venezuela sat Max Diablos smoking a cigar. He thought as he took a puff on the cigar. He had been briefed on the modern forms of torture designed to make people talk. None had worked on his visitor. He had written down the forms of torture on a piece of paper. He pulled the paper out and looked at the check marks next to the ones tried.

- Blackmailing had not worked.
- Exploitation of phobias. Had not worked. She had no known phobias, but they had placed her in a room full of spiders and then one filled with snakes. Nothing
- Being subjected to interrogation for long periods. Nothing
- Sleep deprivation. Nothing
- Forced nudity. It had not worked. But it had been fun for the men. He smiled as he remembered one of his men ordering her to “dance like a slut”. Another one of his men pulled out a harmonica and she preformed a strip show for them. The men got so excited 10 of them gang raped her. No information.
- Intense pain. That had been fun too. The men had beat her. Then they got more creative. The men had teased her nipples until they were hard and sensitive. They used two bare wires to send electrical shocks to her nipples. The electrical sparks, smell of brunt flesh and her screams of pain he remembered. But she had not told him what he needed to know.

At the conclusion of her tortures she always said “You give me a box full of darkness… It will take years… but I will thank you for this gift.”

His new allies had promised that pharmacological torture would work and they had just the right psychotropic drugs to extract the information. But they needed to transfer his visitor to their country. He did not care as long as he got the information.

The Venezuelan government was going to help in the transfer. They somehow knew NATO would try to stop the transfer. Grab the woman for themselves. It just too bad everyone knew the NATO team would attack. The team was walking into an ambush… the coast line where they would land had been mined, and had enough 50 cals to stop a full scaled invasion.

He knocked the ashes off his cigar. "Burnt to ashes...just like the NATO team" He thought.
 
Hot Thunder

"Sure... prepare a tactic brief." Codi replied to Wild Dog. Then over her head set she heard “Commander, we are approaching the Panama Airfield” from the cockpit.

"I need to talk to HQ" She told Wild Dog. She made her way back to the cockpit. As she looked out the forward windows, she could tell it was in the middle of the night. There were not even that many city lights on anymore. She grabbed the secure radio handset.

“Mama Bear, this is Rattle Crew, over” Codi said

“Rattle Crew, I have you 5 by 5*. Over” An HQ voice replied

“Roger, Mama Bear changing name to The Seppuku Squad. Changing entry point to insertion by air drop, over.”

The radio was silent for a few seconds. “Come again Seppuku Squad?”

“Insertion by air drop. We’ll forgo the sea landing, over” Codi said

“Seppuku Squad, that is a negative. Please follow plan” The nameless man on the radio said.

“Negative, Mama Bear. I have mission command. I’m changing the plan. Air crew is not at fault. I take full responsibility for this adjustment. Going radio quiet. We'll make contact once in my AOR** Seppuku Squad Out” Codi replied and turned off the secure radio.

“That went well… don’t you think?” She said to the shocked Pilot and Co-pilot. Then she walked out of the cockpit. The major turned to his co-pilot and said “She has the biggest set of balls I have ever seen!”

The Lt laughed “Her tits are pretty big too!”

*5 by 5 means “loud and clear”
**AOR means “Area of Responsibility”

Back at Spec Ops HQ

The spy inside the special operation group could not believe the plan had been changed! Hot Thunder was a loose cannon and had screwed up everything. He knew that he needed to contact his handler ASAP with this new information. It was risky, but he had to do it.

“Hey, I could you take over… got to use the bathroom” He said to the Captain at the ops desk.

“What? During a hot mission? You are supposed to go before your shift” the Captain replied in disbelief

“Something I ate. I’ll be quick” the spy replied

“Ok” The captain agreed and grabbed the spy’s headset.

The spy headed for the bathroom but ducked into a closet full of cleaning supplies before reaching the bathroom.

He quickly pulled out a small cell phone tucked in one of his socks. He dialed his handler number and spoke in Spanish “Change of plan, forces coming by air. C-130, 1 hour.” Is all he said. Then he hung up the phone. He hoped he had been fast enough.

He opened the cleaning room door and was met by CAPT Fisher holding a 9mm pointed at his chest.

“You fucking piece of shit!” Capt Fisher said. “On the ground, NOW” he ordered. The spy laid on the ground slowly and knew his spying days were over.
 
Cauten leaned forward and spoke in a hushed voice, as if he feared being overheard, despite the bar being filled with his own goons.

"Word is that the Vutures are moving a HVT out of country, some kind of witness or something. They expect trouble and want my men to meet their convoy en route. I'm supplying one hundred highly trained private soldiers to guard one person. But we're not the only ones. The Venezuelan's are supplying troops and trucks as well. Whatever this witness knows, it's the most valuable secret in this part of the world."

Hastings smiled thinly. "I don't suppose I can bribe your men to bail on the mission?"

Jack Cauten laughed. "You don't have enough money! But I will tell you our rendezvous point. For $100,000 American."

Hastings tapped his fingers on the table for a moment. "I have to make a phone call to get approval. Throw in a name for me and I'll make it $200,000. Somebody who can get me a meeting with the jungle freedom fighters in that area."

Jack inclined his head like a gracious lord. "By all means, Sean. Make your phone call and I'll have your name for you, even where to find him."

Hastings stepped outside and flipped open his cell. "This is Judgement Day. Request wire transfer of $200,000 U.S. into offshore account discretionary mission fund. End of the day. Oversight Authorization Bravo, Delta, Niner, One, One, Eight. Clear."

Stepping back into the cool tavern, Hastings lifted his chin to Cauten. "I'll need an account and routing number to transfer the funds, which should be available for me to use at the end of the day. You'll get it early tomorrow when the banks open."

Jack wrote down the numbers on a napkin, which he passed to Hastings.

"Your man in the guerrilla's is named Enrique Perez. You can find him most night in a strip joint called El Eden, downtown. Don't tell him I sent you, he doesn't like me."

"Intelligent man, obviously. Your rendezvous location?"

"We meet the trucks just off the coastal highway, as it enters the lowlands to the port. It's relatively clear, good lines of sight. Perfect spot for an ambush, really."

Hastings watched Cauten carefully, noticing the man was matching him gaze for gaze. This was the behavior of someone trying hard to seem like he wasn't lying.

"Mnhm. I'll keep it in mind. Catch you later, Jack." Hastings departed.

Sitting back in his chair at his table, Cauten smiled a bright and satisfied smile.

"No, Sean. I don't think you will, mate." And he and his men laughed.
 
Wild Dog Johnny

"Sure... prepare a tactic brief." Codi replied.

Johnny was already at it. He was a bit unsure when would be the best time to present it, or would commander prefer to do it herself, but even so that was the kind of "paperwork" he wouldn't mind.

He went through the scenario in his head, watching a movie of a perfect landing using the crate Baby Driver was building. Such a simple event, so much random stuff that could go wrong. The strange vehicle wasn't his worry anymore, the mechanic girl had earned his trust, but the unfamiliar team and location with unknown threats was.

He feared incorrect assumptions, but before seeing this team in any battle-like situation it could not be helped, he had to expect the worst from everyone. Working out a detailed plan for seemingly simple operation and watching it then to be carried out will provide excellent opportunity to evaluate them, also show and hopefully reinforce their ability to work as a team, and trust each other.

Johnny rewind his imagination's movie and watched it again, this time it split and branched every few moments, all kinds of foes popping up in all possible positions, then most of branches eventually merging back again as enemies got destroyed or loses happened. He watched his whole team to be slaughtered several times, in increasingly gruesome ways, then returned to the ideal scenario making adjustments from what he had learned, and repeated the mental simulation again.

Gandhi supposed pacifism didn't bother him at all. He had seen men which that description to operate on battlefield with terrifying efficiency. While a warrior not allowed to kill might seem a strange concept, it too wasn't anything new for Johnny, he had been on missions with Buddhist monks among others... and felt the most powerless in the most mighty of places, that secret observation mission in China occupied Tibet, it had been like watching dragon to be eaten alive by ants.

He didn't see the usual give away signs of a Buddhism practitioner on Doc however. Perhaps he just took his doctor's oath that seriously. Johnny had noticed the dart gun however, and assumed it's amo to be non-lethal. That special weapon will be most useful between him and commander in the initial deployment he concluded.

APC was a man of mystery, perhaps on purpose so, but Johnny couldn't hope on pleasant surprises. The soldier impersonation from him had seemed confident, but only until plan changed to air drop. Afraid of heights, maybe?

Then there were nightmare scenarios. APC standing full height, one leg on a fallen three, firing full auto at shadows only he sees, in panic. Johnny had witnessed supposedly battle hardened men do just that and worse, turn against comrades in complete madness, snapped under stress. Would Doc hesitate to use one of his darts if anything like that happened? That weapon was a rare luxury.

Johnny might not have much trust in APC’s ability of gunfighting, but between Hot Thunder and Baby Driver he should at least be able to lay suppressive fire.

Baby Driver's rifle he trusted, while he wasn't sure how much combat experience she might have. Someone with practical mind would know how to use her tools, and rifle was just that, a tool, and enemy a problem to solve. He expected her to be at least effective even if not very efficient.

What if there were injuries? Who could or couldn't carry whom? One seriously injured and two carriers left only two active guns to cover retreat under fire. Should he arm SwipeRight in such situation? She could use his MP7, that gun was easy as a toy. But could he trust her with it, or would she put herself in exposed position trying to use the weapon?

It was not hard to feel the girl was irritated by him, although he wasn't entirely sure why exactly, while could admit he had given few reasons. One working assumption was, she had little experience working with the military, within a rigid command structure. Then he remembered her crime, was that just a random act or something more, maybe she had issues with controlling men in general? Bad childhood? But more importantly, had she any field training at all? How she will react under stress of a combat situation, in the middle of the action?

Worst he could easily imagine was, of course, Flick standing in open-mouthed freeze in the middle of a swarm of whistling bullets, out of control and not reacting to any commands, or even running away on her own in some random direction, leading to everyone else to be killed in an attempt to stop her or provide cover for her. Johnny had promised to guard her at all costs and that was now his main mission objective, but he had no idea how, if she will continue to fight with him.

He looked the girl over once more, and identified another problem he had no ready solution for: he wouldn't like to see those beautiful legs all scratched up to blood, covered in mud and who knows what. Few times sprinting through jungle and crashing in cover, without really looking where, would do exactly that, and that was exactly what he expected her to do even if there was no enemy. If there was contact with hostiles, that was question about her survival. She did need long pants, but how could he ask her about that?

Johnny switched for private chanell with Alex: “Baby Driver, I hate to trouble you with this, but there's another technical matter, low priority, but important: SwipeRight’s attire, she's not ready for combat situation in jungle. I could try to tell the girl she's not allowed to crash tonight's party showing that much skin and order to find some actual pants myself, but I'm afraid she may take that personally. You're listed as her escort so she's your responsibility. Consider this an order corporal: get long pants and sleeves on that girl. Jungle camo ideally, but whatever will do.”

He then went and sit down next to the Doc. "About me you can not worry Doc, if I will as much as miss a tooth, I will say. You know, unless there's full moon I can't grow them back," he smiled.

"That gun," Johnny pointed to the dart gun, "is a luxury I rarely have had on my team, even less with a highly competent operator. It's all non-lethal, I suppose? Is it all sleeping pills, or something else also? I guess it's also nearly silent? And what's it range? So many possibilities, we could take prisoners for interrogation, carry out infiltration with no trace, neutralise innocent bystanders that can be problem or blow cover, and that's only from the top of my head, you probably could suggest even more. How much field experience you have with it?"
 
Last edited:
Gandhi

"That gun," Johnny pointed to the dart gun, "is a luxury I rarely have had on my team, even less with a highly competent operator. It's all non-lethal, I suppose? Is it all sleeping pills, or something else also? I guess it's also nearly silent? And what's it range? So many possibilities, we could take prisoners for interrogation, carry out infiltration with no trace, neutralise innocent bystanders that can be problem or blow cover, and that's only from the top of my head, you probably could suggest even more. How much field experience you have with it?"

Doc smiled. “That’s a lot of questions assistant commander.
I have a little experience. I was a sniper in a previous life and have one of the highest shot scores you’ll see. It’s one of the reasons why the higher-ups are so pissed at me that I won’t kill anyone. As for this tranquilliser, it’s not exactly standard issue”.
Doc showed the werewolf some strange looking bullets.
“These are my little bullets. They are needle tipped and contain enough of a dose to take down a normal human. They have little flights to slow them down, but it increases The range of my rifle to about 250 metres rather than the standard 100. Pretty clever don’t you think?” Doc smiled again and showed him the colour-coded ammunition.
I have standard sleep darts, but also I have a few different surprises. If you’re willing to wait a few minutes, I can give our enemies all sorts of uncomfortable symptoms. Vomiting, diarrhoea, temporary blindness. All good fun!”
Doc’s face looked a little sad and serious for a moment.
“I’ve been labelled a pacifism. I won’t kill, but I accept that others will. I have my own reasons aside from professional ones. I won’t stand in the way if you all want to shoot, but if I can find a non-lethal way then I will take it. I will also do all I can to keep you all alive”.
Doc smiled again.
“Does that about cover it, assistant commander?”
 
Wild Dog Johnny

Doc smiled again: “Does that about cover it, assistant commander?”

"Yes, it does," Johnny replied. "Your stance, or similar, isn't unfamiliar to me. While it is not an option on the path I have chosen for myself, I can understand and respect it."

Previous life? Johnny believed in reincarnation himself, and had memories... dreams... but this was different, probably as "in training," before something changed man's views radically. He would love late night bonfire talk, but now was not the time, unfortunately.

He nodded to the Doc, and stood up again, so to see everyone and be seen. They will soon enter turbulence over the mountains, and he would welcome discussion after the tactical briefing, so it was about time.

Johnny looked at the commander, then decided there's no need to recheck his permission to deliver it, and selected speak to all on his PTT.

"Alright folks, Seppuku Squad, listen up! Here comes our tactical briefing for the landing."

"Enemy combatants on the ground are not expected, but let's do this by the book. We airdrop in hostile territory with zero prior intelligence, therefore we assume hot LZ and do combat insertion."

"You should know the drill, think about helo landing."

“Everyone jump out at once on touchdown, scatter running for cover, weapons free. Thunder, APC: spread front, Gandhi, Driver: left, right, I'm back, Swipe with me. Directions relative, form a star.”

“Watch out for the chute, don't get covered with it, don't panic if it happens.”

“Everyone reports. Driver, Gandhi, Swipe, retrieve chute, unpack and mask the vehicle, others keep guard. Driver report done.”

“Leapfrog away from the landing zone. Quick, silent, hand signals. Driver, Gandhi, extended first, Dog, Swipe goes second, Thunder, APC last.”

“Locate defensible position, create perimeter, report.”


“To minimise our exposure I suggest radio silence, all electronics off line up to this point, unless there's contact with the enemy.”

Johnny took a pause to indicate end of the general orders, then continued:

Masking team, Driver, Gandhi, Swipe: wait for clearance, keep low, stay close, be quick. Goal is to disguise, make appear it to be old, there for a long time, for an unscrupulous observer. If you can conceal the thing with material at hand, great. If you plan to set it on fire or blow, make it lit up only after we've left.”

SwipeRight: you're unarmed. Do you want to change that?”

“Even so, you have eyes, ears, and excellent brain, use them. If you see anything that don't look right, tap my shoulder and point. If you can't reach, just point, I will notice eventually.”

“If any shot goes off, at any time, I would like to see you to grab deepest hole in the ground you can reach in three steps or less, drop prone immediately, face down, hands crossed in front of the head, and don't peek until it's over, there's silence and you're prompted. If you don't recognise the voice, play dead.”

“If you think you can make yourself useful in chaotic close range gunfight without getting killed, I'm all ears.”

This is for everyone: look around, up, down, the sides. Jungle a 3D environment just like city, don't forget to look up! We look after anything out of place: metal of a rifle, reflection of a scope, large dark mass high in the branches of a three, not only possible enemy combatants, also wires on the ground, three trunks suspended mid air, small trees strapped back under tension, there's all kinds of nasty traps like that. We don't know who's backyard we're crashed, and the environment itself is hostile. Don't do anything radical without alerting others.”

Johnny took another pause.

“SwipeRight, APC, do you have any training for this kind of situation? Anyone needs a pep talk?”

He continued right away with just that.

“Hopefully there will be no hostiles, but we will act like we were under crossfire. Never stop in open place, seek cover, keep low, crouch, prone. Move fast but be careful, look under your feet! It will be scary. It must be scary. I do this longer than Swipe lived, it's still scary. Actually, I yet to have be air dropped using landing vehicle made from aircraft seats and cargo parachute, so this is first for me too. Don't fight fear, fear is not enemy, fear is a resource; embrace it, and you may see time slow down. That's what combat mode on a human being is. Doesn't happen in training, mind knows the difference. Most people never experience it. We are here to keep it that way.”

“Questions? Suggestions? Objections? Don't be shy, we bet own lives here.”
 
Last edited:
Flic

“No Ma’am, I am sure the original message will be enough” She said trusting that the commander would handle this correctly.

Alexandria

“Wouldn’t really call this a vehical, well maybe a craft? Anyways I have no plans in making the chute detachable. There are already to many variables in play so I rather not add to the list of things that could go wrong. As for the weight is not the issue, its more the size of the chute that would be problematic. But I do like your optimism . “ She said as she walked away shaking her head thinking about all that could go wrong. As she was working she got called baby driver again, figuring the Latvian had dubbed her that she responded. His request was not insane so she just nodded and walked up to Flic who was working on her laptop in the back of the plane.

“We need to get you some better gear for once we touchdown.”

The young girl gave her a sardonic smile and nodded towards a a flight overall and a handgun next to her.

“Ah I see you were ahead of our XO. Seems he likes to worry about everything.”

Flic

“I have noticed, do all officers micromanage people like that?”

She asked, while she had little field experience, the CIA had trained her to think for herself, and most agents were just given an goal and it was up to them to make sure it got reached. The young Corporal just snorted at that comment.

Alexandria

“Only two types who do.”

She said not trying to hide her dislike of how the chain of command works in the army.

“First type are just the bad officers. Whether they got their because of their connections, or just plain bad luck, they hide their own insecurity by trying to control everything. You can usually pick them out of the crowed as the second something goes wrong they are quick to point a finger. The second are arguably worse. Very skilled individuals that are so arrogant that they cannot phantom others around them are capable of whipping their own ass without them being told. “

She patted the girl on the shoulder and went back to work, she still needed to secure some ropes for in case they were lucky enough to land in a three.



Flic

After dressing in the flight suit she gathered with the rest for the briefing, as the XO briefed them, she bit back snipey comments as Alexandria gave her a look that while she agreed this was not the time to talk. But when the man asked if she had any kind of training she rolled her eyes and spoke up.

“ No the CIA usually just drop people into active situation without any training” She said sarcastically. “But no I know how to use this firearm and have basic understanding of what it takes to survive in a fight. “

Alexandria

The corporal waited until the briefing was done, all the while shooting the young hacker some looks to calm her down. It was clear she did not appreciate the condescending attitude she got from the stranger, but then again, who could blaim him for underestimating the teen. Once it was done she took the man aside.

“Sir, with all due respect, wouldn’t it be better to have the kid in the middle of the formation? I might only have convoy experience, when it comes to planning missions, but rule number one is to not have your weakest link, at the most vulnerable position. Also have you taken into account that with us dropping from low altitude into a densely packed jungle, we are very unlikely to land ground level? “
 
Wild Dog Johnny

“No the CIA usually just drop people into active situation without any training” Flick said sarcastically. “But no I know how to use this firearm and have basic understanding of what it takes to survive in a fight.“

"I'm glad to hear it," Johnny answered with a smile, "that simplify our situation."

Then Alex took him to the side: “Sir, with all due respect, wouldn’t it be better to have the kid in the middle of the formation? I might only have convoy experience, when it comes to planning missions, but rule number one is to not have your weakest link, at the most vulnerable position. Also have you taken into account that with us dropping from low altitude into a densely packed jungle, we are very unlikely to land ground level? “

"We can't really leave the landing site in a nice tight formation," Johnny replied, "that is just begging for an ambush. We will sneak or attack out of it, then regroup for march as soon it's reasonably sure we're not being observed."

"SwipeRight is very easy to underestimate," Johnny shoot another smile to Flick, "but having her in the most protected position was my intention all along. In the active phase it would be next to commander or me. I wouldn't want to encumber commander, and dare to believe I have more experience in escorting civilian in a combat situation."

"Not reaching ground is a very real possibility indeed. There's hundreds of scenarios we will have to adapt to on the fly if any of them will happen, this is just another family of them. It would be futile for me to try to guess the shape of the three or optimal order of descend to the ground now. The general plan remains while details will change, became irrelevant or impossible; we will have to work together depending from the situation."
 
Last edited:
30 mins later

The C-130 flew just above the tree tops of the dense jungle. The visibility sucked with only moon light to fly by. There was nothing but dense jungle below the aircraft. The Sierra de Perija, a branch of the Venezuelan Andes mountain range, made the aircraft change course many times, flying in valleys and between mountain peaks.

The jungle below was similar to the Amazon. There were many different types of animals and insects which would certainly devour the Seppuku Squad if through bad fortune they crashed. Jaguars, electric eels, man-eating piranha, and bushmaster snakes, the most dreaded vipers in all of South America.

The pilot’s skill was very good. He did not just look the part, he knew how to fly. The plane had actually tapped the tree tops a few times as it flew to the drop zone.

10 mins out


“BOGIES, BOGIES, BOGIES, 8 O’CLOCK” The co-pilot yelled into the radio.

“SHIT” Codi yelled back as her team was just about to get into their parachute seats. She felt the C-130 heel left and start to climb.

“SU-30 Flankers!! We’re fucking DEAD!!!” The pilot reported

“APC… open the cargo hatch” Codi ordered. The big man was closest to the opening controls. He pressed the button and the hatch slowly opened.

“Lead Aircraft firing missiles!! Deploying counter measures!!” The co-pilots yelled.

As the cargo bay door opened, Codi and the rest of the team could see what was going on. There were three high performance fighters closing on them rapidly. The lead aircraft had fired two missiles… which streaked towards them. Hot IR counter measure flares had deployed from the C-130 as the transport aircraft banked hard right. The flares were working as Codi watch the AA-11 Archer missiles head towards the flares. But it was going to be close, very close!

For some reasons, while she hung onto the bulkhead to remain standing during the wild aircraft maneuvers, she pulled her M4A1 Carbine Assault Rifle and fired a short burst at the inbound missile. It is unknown what caused the missile to blow up. A defeat in the missile, the missile striking a flare, or by some wild ass luck, Codi’s rounds, but the missile did explode.

“And that gentlemen, is how you shot down missiles!!” Codi bragged over the radio. The fighters had much more speed than the C-130 and flew by their plane. All three banked and were coming around to attack again. Everyone saw that none of the planes had any more missiles.

“No more missiles… they’ll switch to guns!” The Co-pilot said over the radio.

“They must not have had time to load all the plane. We have a chance!!” Codi declared with joy over the PTT. “Everyone, pick a side of the aircraft and get ready to fire at those planes when they come too close. They will not expect our counter attack!!”

“Pilot… resume course to drop zone. Straight and level. We provide you cover fire!” She told the pilot.

In the cockpit

“Is she fucking kidding??” The major asked his co-pilot.

“No… I guess she thinks she’s in a B-24”

“Well, NO FUCKING WAY I’M GOING STRAIGHT AND LEVEL, but the sooner she is off this plane the BETTER” he said as he banked back to the drop zone.
 
Wild Dog Johnny

When they were just about to get into their parachute seats, the plane heeled left and started to climb.

As the cargo bay door opened, Johnny and the rest of the team could see why. There were three high performance fighters closing on them rapidly. The lead aircraft had fired two missiles…

Survival instinct yelled that they should launch out of the plane immediately. It would automatically fail their mission, of course, they would need more than a day down in the jungle to walk the distance plane would cover in ten minutes. Well, if only they will have a plane for ten more minutes.

“And that gentlemen, is how you shot down missiles!!” Codi bragged over the radio. “They must not have had time to load all the plane. We have a chance!!” Codi declared with joy over the PTT. “Everyone, pick a side of the aircraft and get ready to fire at those planes when they come too close. They will not expect our counter attack!!”

Johnny actually laughed, low rumbling demonic laughter.

As insane it sounded, the idea had some merit, the planes had to aim with their whole body and might fly by very close after firing their bursts, and certainly that give them better chance than not doing anything. Hot Thunder's own anti-materiel rifle was likely the only weapon on board that could directly threaten an airplane in flight though.

Even if there was time to retrieve his own sniper rifle with was already fixed to the landing crate, and he somehow got aim on the pilot, would the slow subsonic round have enough energy to break armored glass of the cockpit? It would rather be like the plane crashing against the projectile floating mid air. The same was even more the case with the light bullets from their assault rifles, could they even hit the plane or the laminar airflow will just wash them away? Airflow...

"Air intakes!" Johnny yelled, "target their air intakes, if we can break the turbines..."

Just try to spray bullets in their patch, it's hard to talk about aiming in those conditions, he thought to himself. What other options he had? There was programmable air burst grenade in the under barrel launcher, could it be used as flack round? Could he hit a plane firing from a plane with it? Physics of such a shot didn't compute, a beer can in a tornado, and he didn't try, he imagined wildly guessed trajectories and hoped his assumption errors will eliminate each other, it was all about timing anyway.

He ripped open emergency exit on the side facing the incoming planes, emptied his clip in their general direction aiming high, then yelled "grenade!" out of habit, and launched it forward and up, to explode on the highest point of its flight, hopefully right in front or over a passing enemy plane.
 
Last edited:
SU-30 Fighters

Major Nicolas Maciel was flying the lead aircraft which had fired the two AA-11 missiles. He had been on “ready 5” status, meaning ready to launch in 5 minutes. His aircraft had been armed. The other two fighters behind him were flown by Capt Oscar Chaves, Capt Frederic da Costa. Neither aircraft had been armed and the launch order was not expected… so they took off with no missiles.

When the two missiles missed, Nicolas yelled “PENDEJO!” (translation “stupid idiot”). He was mad at himself. If he had just gotten closer the American C-130 would have had no time to launch the countermeasure and the missiles would have hit.

Now he was out of missiles and reduced to his 30-mm guns. Shooting down a C-130 should have been easy. It had become more difficult. He need to shoot it down. Oscar and Frederic were on his tail and they might get the glory, if he did not down the plane.

This was his kill and he WANTED IT. He increased his speed as he approached the maneuvering C-130. He fired a short burst from his guns (the SU-30 only has 150 rounds of 30mm). He missed as the tracer rounds passed the side of the C-130. His speed was such that he only had that one chance before passing the American plane.

“PENDEJO!” he screamed again knowing his fellow pilots would surely shoot the plane down!! Suddenly the side door of the C-130 popped open and fell away from the aircraft. He saw a man with a gun, firing shots and then a larger object, just ahead of his fighter.

The grenade explosion occurred right under his fighter where the main jet engine intakes were located. Metal inside the jet engines could damage the engines and reduce thrust. “PENDEJO!” he screamed. But he did not need to worry about the engines having less thrust, as the whole airplane exploded.

“Penejo” being Major Nicolas Maciel last words seemed fitting somehow.

Capt Chaves and Capt da Costa watched the SU-30 explode and both were shocked. Oscar spoke into his radio. “I’m going to get behind the C-130, match speed and fire into the cargo hold!!” His SU-30 slipped smoothly behind the banking and turning C-130. His plan was to approach directly from behind the plane and then fire into the cargo hold. Hopeful killing everyone inside!!

Capt da Costa plan was to attack perpendicular to the C-130 flight path. He banked left and then right. He was approaching the C-130 side where the door had not opened yet. He hoped the 30 mm gun would cut the C-130 in half!!
 
Back
Top