Worthwhile Reading

I just thought I'd stick this in here because I just know y'all are waiting for someone to do it... :D

The Red Wheelbarrow
William Carlos Williams

so much depends
upon

a red wheel
barrow

glazed with rain
water

beside the white
chickens.

wildsweetone said:
I just thought I'd stick this in here because I just know y'all are waiting for someone to do it... :D

The Red Wheelbarrow
William Carlos Williams

so much depends
upon

a red wheel
barrow

glazed with rain
water

beside the white
chickens.

:heart:

I was waiting for it!!!

xoxox

maria

Maria2394 said:

I was waiting for it!!!

xoxox

maria

I knew it! lol

Wretched thing's been driving me insane for hours now. :D

My question is this...

in Williams' poem, is the barrow red, or just the wheel?

I think it was he himself

but had the chickens been read

that would have been funny

:)

Maria2394 said:
I think it was he himself

but had the chickens been read

that would have been funny

:)

At least they weren't plucked.

Though that would at least have given a reasonable use for the barrow, right?

(We are so going to get into trouble for messing up this thread)

Maria2394 said:
awww, they are all asleep at the wheel

barrow, :D

what are you doin? now I need some chicken, starved!! I am, not the chicken, I meant, lol

hell, they can spank us tomorrow

I was hoping you'd get sidetracked by the illegitimate (have you ever tried to spell that without a dictionary?) er, I mean, illiterate fowl. :D See I get there in the end.

Wait up, they're adjectives... Do we really need to know that the fowl came from a fucked up family and that it couldn't red or right to boot?

*cough splutter* sorry for the 'f' word.

Maria2394 said:
I was actually trying to see if I could write a sentence with that list of pleonasms things they posted....hehe, wanna try?
or was it neoplasms?
~~~

actual experience
advance planning
advance reservations
advance warning
all meet together
armed gunman
at 12 midnight
at 12 noon
autobiography of my life
awkward predicament
baby boy was born
basic fundamentals
cease and desist
cheap price
close proximity
cold temperature
commute back and forth
consensus of opinion
difficult dilemma
each and every
empty space
end result
estimated roughly at
filled to capacity
free gift
frozen ice
general public
join together
(natural) instinct
never at any time
null and void
pair of twins
(past) experience
poisonous venom
pre-recorded
reason is because (this one drives me crazy because I see students do it constantly) regular routine
small speck
suddenly exploded
surrounded on all sides
unexpected surprise

i'm not sure i can...

At 12 midnight, an armed gunman suddenly exploded because the commute back and forth to the cheap price cutter store took away the ability to enjoy his frozen ice.

A pair of twins noticed each and every frozen ice left wet puddles and commanded loudly he cease and desist his regular routine.

Any good?

wildsweetone said:
i'm not sure i can...

At 12 midnight, an armed gunman suddenly exploded because the commute back and forth to the cheap price cutter store took away the ability to enjoy his frozen ice.

A pair of twins noticed each and every frozen ice left wet puddles and commanded loudly he cease and desist his regular routine.

Any good?

aww, heck, yes its good!! better than mine, its excessively too long...;) and yours makes totally understandable sense

:rose:

mmmmm

Damn, WSO!!

I think we must have been writing Bush's speeches, whatdya think?

:D

Maria2394 said:
aww, heck, yes its good!! better than mine, its excessively too long...;) and yours makes totally understandable sense

mmmmm

i think you clearly show a definate experienced skill with this stuff. it's kinda alarmingly frightening! *giggling*

my brain hurts

poetry light
looks more like discussion
or like Aldous Huxley might have said
The doors....
what door?
the barn door

barn is an adjective that says more than the door

googled adjective, noun, adverb, verb all in the last two days and still I have no idea what the hell I am doing and what the hell it is all about, Osmosis must be the best way to learn especially when you are as thick as a tree stump

googled adjective, noun, adverb, verb all in the last two days and still I have no idea what the hell I am doing and what the hell it is all about, Osmosis must be the best way to learn especially when you are as thick as a tree stump

Just read poetry. Read famous poetry old and new and read what contemporary poets are writing. That is getting it by osmosis. :D If you can identify what a poet or poem that you like is doing, why you like the way something is written, you can then try to do it in your own poems. If you do that, read and write every day, you will understand this stuff better and better and your writing will keep improving.

Discussion threads that are focused on poems here are fine, btw, as long as we maintain a balance with the poem writing threads so users can easily find their favorites.

Just read poetry. Read famous poetry old and new and read what contemporary poets are writing. That is getting it by osmosis. :D If you can identify what a poet or poem that you like is doing, why you like the way something is written, you can then try to do it in your own poems. If you do that, read and write every day, you will understand this stuff better and better and your writing will keep improving.

Discussion threads that are focused on poems here are fine, btw, as long as we maintain a balance with the poem writing threads so users can easily find their favorites.
whose favourites?

Back