The Official Author's Hangout Valentine's Day 2013 Contest Support Thread

But it should refer to PennLady's thread, not Ogg's.

I have retired from running these threads and am very pleased that PennLady is doing a better job of running them than I did.

:rose::rose::rose: x 4

It refers to both of you. Ogg, you ran the threads so long you have a patten on the danged things. PennLady is just presenting them. I think it works well that way.

My draft is done! 36 word pages (probably four Lit pages), and V-Day is an integral part of the story. I don't see this one winning because it's not especially kinky, but I had a great time writing it! Looking forward to sharing soon.

My draft is done! 36 word pages (probably four Lit pages), and V-Day is an integral part of the story. I don't see this one winning because it's not especially kinky, but I had a great time writing it! Looking forward to sharing soon.

Mine is a mere 10000 words or so, about 18 word pages. Sex is an integral party of the story, most of which occurs on Valentine's Day.

Mine is a mere 10000 words or so, about 18 word pages. Sex is an integral party of the story, most of which occurs on Valentine's Day.

I've got three going for a total of 67 word pages. :eek:

Unexpectedly flipped a Valantine's Day one out this week, and it's at the editor, so I guess I'll be entering at least one (have another one in mind) afterall.

Then get your happy ass in gear. ;)

i was working one one that grew legs. i could turn it into a VD ... that sounds bad ... valentine's day theme. it'll be in novels and novellas if i do 'cause it's cross-category.

still, it's all exposure, eh?

... which is what got me into trouble in a bar just last night :D

i was working one one that grew legs. i could turn it into a VD ... that sounds bad ... valentine's day theme. it'll be in novels and novellas if i do 'cause it's cross-category.

still, it's all exposure, eh?

... which is what got me into trouble in a bar just last night :D

glad you jumped on that stray pun before I did... puns should never be allowed out of the pasture without branding.

Still blocked. I've got the beginning totally written. Ending fully planned. Middle is very sketchy. I'm trying to use an episode from my own life as the underlying scaffold of that section, which should make it easier, but isn't.

Gah.

Still blocked. I've got the beginning totally written. Ending fully planned. Middle is very sketchy. I'm trying to use an episode from my own life as the underlying scaffold of that section, which should make it easier, but isn't.

Gah.

picture a bed of rose petals...

just something to bump the thread

So it seems Lit is still taking more than three days from submission to approval/publication. Not that I'm complaining, I just want to know if other AH members agree that five days is the normal minimum time now ?

Or maybe people are hurrying to get their non-contest stories in before VD Contest starts officially on the 20th. That's what I tried to do, in order to avoid getting caught in the deluge of Valentine stories we are expecting from all of you ;)

Edit: OK 5 days seems to be the magic number. Will be interesting to see how fast the VD submissions get out - and what happens to non-contest stories as a result.

Last edited:
A one-week-to-start bump!

Also, Timothy -- there is only one person vetting stories, and that is Laurel. If she is ill, or otherwise busy, then things will slow down. She also said last year that the site was experiencing an increase in submissions, so she may simply have more to go through, which will take yet more time.

I'm recording mine tomorrow and submitting it as soon as it's done (so it will be available on opening day.) It's going to have sound effects, two voice tracks, maybe even some music. I'm excited! A hot girl-on-girl encounter :)

A paltry 338 words today. I'm interrogating Mr. carlieplum about what dry humping feels like from the male perspective in the hopes of making further progress.

A paltry 338 words today. I'm interrogating Mr. carlieplum about what dry humping feels like from the male perspective in the hopes of making further progress.

Maybe you need some -- ahem -- hands on research? :devil:

Maybe you need some -- ahem -- hands on research? :devil:

Oh, I tried. Mr. CP was in a surly mood because a project he was trying to work on wasn't going well and was not cooperative. He's usually MUCH more supportive of my writing research.

at first it feels like every nerve in your body is singing, but you better hope you orgasm before the "so near yet so far" feeling hits

you're welcome looking forward to the results.
(why do I feel like I just got dry humped?;))

A dry hump is better than no hump at all. ;)

Five days until the contest starts, so get to writing.

Back