"One Night in XXX” Story Event: Official Support Thread

30k words and A Night in the Big Easy is in the can and on a shelf for a week or so to ferment. ......

Wow! That's cool! :heart:

And don't forget the Geek Pride one :D

4.500 words, and they've entered their hotel room. Kissing still seems far away.

Yes!!!! At least another 4.500 words before the kiss, then 4,500 words for THE KISS :rose::rose::rose: my kind of story :D

I know nothing about Red Stick (Baton Rouge) LA, sorry.

My slowly re-awakening literary sense is thinking of ONE NIGHT IN XXX as an envelope for a metro place with neighborhoods and boroughs, with multiple distinct chapters for them. So ONE NIGHT IN NEW YORK CITY could have separate chapters for Manhattan, Bronx, Brooklyn, Queens, and Staten Island -- and maybe Liberty Island, Riker's Island, Fire Island, etc. The same is possible with the mining town of Bisbee, AZ or Los Angeles.

The above paragraph means I've started nothing yet. Inspiration awaits somewhere.

"One Night in Quandary"????

I have a question: Does anyone know the address or general location of Independence Hall at the Lakeshore Auditorium in Baton Rouge LA? I've searched online for it but it doesn't come up. It's part of the setting for the story I'm doing for this event. I'm thinking it may have been torn down (the event was the first show of Jimi Hendrix's second tour on July 30, 1968.) It's not critical, I can make it up, but would rather not. Thanks and a free pass to read my story for all who answer correctly. (not sure how I'd know if it was correct though :rolleyes:)

PS: The first passionate kiss has been written and the relationship looks promising ~ :heart:

I found these:

https://concerts.fandom.com/wiki/Ju...e_Hall,_Lakeshore_Auditorium,_Baton_Rouge,_LA

Close-up of the poster:

https://concerts.fandom.com/wiki/Ju...um,_Baton_Rouge,_LA?file=Image-1494374932.jpg

And don't forget the Geek Pride one :D

I am a huge science fiction fan and whether it's in written, audio or video form I eat it up, but I am extremely nervous about writing for that audience.

Anyone have guidance regarding how much tech is required to past muster for a Geek Pride submission that won't tank. (Yes, I know there's a separate thread for that but Chloe brought it up here so...)

Anyway, I'm committed to the One Night in... and April Fools debauchery at a minimum.

Oh, and I have a new story published in E&V in case anyone feels like they need to kick a dog this morning :cattail: :cattail: :cattail:

https://www.literotica.com/s/visions-of-ecstasy

"One Night in Quandary"????
Five nights in absentia, for sure. But I'm almost afraid that if I start, I'll feel compelled to write of nights in many places, one each. Many nights, many episodes. Nights with stars and with nobodies. Nights with mixed unforseen consequences. Nights of tragi-comedy and insanity. Nights stuck somewhere. And as I mentioned, short nights (orbital) and long nights (polar and lunar).

A quandary, for sure. All dependent on a re-activated muse. And coffee.

I am a huge science fiction fan and whether it's in written, audio or video form I eat it up, but I am extremely nervous about writing for that audience.

Anyone have guidance regarding how much tech is required to past muster for a Geek Pride submission that won't tank. (Yes, I know there's a separate thread for that but Chloe brought it up here so...)

Anyway, I'm committed to the One Night in... and April Fools debauchery at a minimum.

Oh, and I have a new story published in E&V in case anyone feels like they need to kick a dog this morning :cattail: :cattail: :cattail:

https://www.literotica.com/s/visions-of-ecstasy

I'm not sure tech knowledge is required so much as careful attention to world-building. The category includes fantasy as well as sci fi. And in the case of this particular event it's not necessary that it be a Sci Fi story. As long as it's geeky. Mine isn't going to be Sci Fi, but it will concern fans of Star Trek, and Stark Trek will be an ongoing theme in the story.

All I found was this...

For you youngsters out there, Independence Hall was a huge auditorium near the Mississippi River between downtown Baton Rouge and the State Capitol. It is no more.

Independence Hall North of Capital
I don't remember when it was torn down. But it was next to the "White House Inn"( I think that was the name) across the street from the Capital Building.

That was about it...

That's a huge help ~ :heart: Not sure why it didn't come up in my search...but this is enough. And sure enough, I had guessed wrong.

There is also this:

https://plus.google.com/111082060013280232213/posts/RoCqZ5ZwbRD

Capitol Lake is the only lake in town and it's right next to downtown. You can probably guess pretty closely where the exact site was.

Thanks for searching gunhilltrain. These were the only things that came up in my search too. Assuming Lakeshore Auditorium was on Lakeshore drive put my guessed at location as part of the LSU campus. With what Chloe found, I need to get closer to the capital building. Really appreciate your help though!!!

My research, incredibly, is progressing.

The Dune Encyclopedia is a 1984 rarity that goes for up to $200 on the ‘bay. It’s expressly intended for only the most geeky of Dune fans, if which I am proudly one. Y’all can imagine my joy to find one at a yard sale in Rhode Island among a pile of 50-cent books.

I insisted with trembling hands on paying a whole dollar. I’m not TOTALLY unscrupulous.

In it, after some digging, is an entry on how the Fremen of Arrakis go about fucking without losing cum (body moisture). So... awesome!

Now. If I only had a plot...

I have a bare bones outline of a boy meets girl, boy hates girl, boy and girl shag like rabbits story. I'm setting it in my hometown, and calling it "One Night in Toronto".

I will try and keep the Maple Leafs cheering to a minimum. Although, maybe she should be a Habs* fan...hmm. The possibilities are opening.

I haven't noticed, did anyone claim the song title (One Night in Bangkok)?

(*Nickname of the Leafs oldest rivals, the Montreal Canadiens)

I have a bare bones outline of a boy meets girl, boy hates girl, boy and girl shag like rabbits story. I'm setting it in my hometown, and calling it "One Night in Toronto".

I will try and keep the Maple Leafs cheering to a minimum. Although, maybe she should be a Habs* fan...hmm. The possibilities are opening.

I haven't noticed, did anyone claim the song title (One Night in Bangkok)?

(*Nickname of the Leafs oldest rivals, the Montreal Canadiens)

Oh, I love Toronto. I've actually been to Toronto. There was a great little English Pub there right across the street from my hotel. There was a piano bar downstairs. I should have chosen Toronto. Dammit.

My research, incredibly, is progressing.

The Dune Encyclopedia is a 1984 rarity that goes for up to $200 on the ‘bay. It’s expressly intended for only the most geeky of Dune fans, if which I am proudly one. Y’all can imagine my joy to find one at a yard sale in Rhode Island among a pile of 50-cent books.

I insisted with trembling hands on paying a whole dollar. I’m not TOTALLY unscrupulous.

In it, after some digging, is an entry on how the Fremen of Arrakis go about fucking without losing cum (body moisture). So... awesome!

Now. If I only had a plot...

Oh, wow! Just, wow! The Dune Encyclopedia? On my wish list now!!! I love Dune. Not all the follow-ons, just the first book and I can't wait for your story. I have no idea how the Fremen did that, so I'm waiting.... :rose:

Oh, I love Toronto. I've actually been to Toronto. There was a great little English Pub there right across the street from my hotel. There was a piano bar downstairs. I should have chosen Toronto. Dammit.

Do two. I am. But Toronto has been used.

... I haven't noticed, did anyone claim the song title (One Night in Bangkok)?

Nobody has claimed Bangkok yet, but there's plenty of time

Last edited:
Titles to date (Friday Feb 15th)

"One Night in Roanapur" by LaRascasse
"One Night in Xanadu" by Chloe Tzang
"One Night in (redacted)" by Zeb Carter
"One Night in the Big Easy" by JanusGoneAwry
"One Night in Roswell" by TxRad
"One Night in Mordor" by SimonDoom
"One Night in Gotham" by Bramblethorn
"One Night in Dubai" by LoquiSordidaAdMe
"One Night in Degosay" by RubenR (a bedbug nnfested, flea and rat ridden dive...)
"One Night in Dzamin Ude (subtitled, "One Night on a Slow Moving Train") by ElectricBlue66
"One Night in Paris" by YDB95
"One Night on Arrakis" by Voboy (Authorized exception to "in")
"One Night in Taipei" by rebel_code
"One Night in the Bronx" by gunhilltrain
"One Night in Singapore" by JugheadJane
"One Night in Houston" (or something like that) by RetroFan
"One Night in Prague" by AmoryParks
"One Night In Poughkeepsie" by SolarRay
"One Night in Los Diablos" by UnityMitford
“One Night in Gormaz” by NotWise
“One Night in Shelbyville, Indiana” by JBEdwards
“One Night in Faro” by gordo12
"One Night In Detroit" by MelissaBaby
"One Night In Baton Rouge" by yukonnights
"One Night in Toronto" by TANSTAAFL58

We honeymooned there. I could write a pretty good 5 nights in Toronto.

Titles to date (Friday Feb 15th)

"One Night in Roanapur" by LaRascasse
"One Night in Xanadu" by Chloe Tzang
"One Night in (redacted)" by Zeb Carter
"One Night in the Big Easy" by JanusGoneAwry
"One Night in Roswell" by TxRad
"One Night in Mordor" by SimonDoom
"One Night in Gotham" by Bramblethorn
"One Night in Dubai" by LoquiSordidaAdMe
"One Night in Degosay" by RubenR (a bedbug nnfested, flea and rat ridden dive...)
"One Night in Dzamin Ude (subtitled, "One Night on a Slow Moving Train") by ElectricBlue66
"One Night in Paris" by YDB95
"One Night on Arrakis" by Voboy (Authorized exception to "in")
"One Night in Taipei" by rebel_code
"One Night in the Bronx" by gunhilltrain
"One Night in Singapore" by JugheadJane
"One Night in Houston" (or something like that) by RetroFan
"One Night in Prague" by AmoryParks
"One Night In Poughkeepsie" by SolarRay
"One Night in Los Diablos" by UnityMitford
“One Night in Gormaz” by NotWise
“One Night in Shelbyville, Indiana” by JBEdwards
“One Night in Faro” by gordo12
"One Night In Detroit" by MelissaBaby
"One Night In Baton Rouge" by yukonnights
"One Night in Toronto" by TANSTAAFL58

Missing "One Night in San Francisco" by keithd

Oh, wow! Just, wow! The Dune Encyclopedia? On my wish list now!!! I love Dune. Not all the follow-ons, just the first book and I can't wait for your story. I have no idea how the Fremen did that, so I'm waiting.... :rose:

If you find a copy, it’s on page 166, right-hand column, second paragraph.

It’s SO geeky. The conceit is that it’s an encyclopedia written after God Emperor when people were trying to reconstruct their pre-Leto II history. So, though Herbert authorized it, it doesn’t necessarily have to be completely accurate. It’s very clever.

You can get lost in there for hours.

Do two. I am.

I don't know where you find the time ChloeTzang. Someday I'll retire, and they're going to put me in a home and I'll be able to spend as much time writing as I want without work or family or chores getting in the way. Then, maybe I could write two. Not now. Two. Heh.

We honeymooned there. I could write a pretty good 5 nights in Toronto.

No disrespect to Dwight, but can those five nights compare to the waterfall? Because, damn.

Did that cross a line? I apologise if that crossed a line. I've had way too much to drink tonight. Not an excuse. Just an explanation.

Missing "One Night in San Francisco" by keithd

Aiiyyiiiyiiii. I have no idea how I missed that. Abject Apologies.:eek:

I don't know where you find the time ChloeTzang...

I'm lucky, I work rostered shifts, I quite often have days off during the week and I have a husband who loves my stories, is my first fan and who got me started here and he totally encourages me to work at it. He doesn't critique, he doesn't edit, he helps me with answers to the odd question but otherwise he just enjoys and he happily looks after everything when my head is so far into a story that I don't want to take time out for cooking or survival or anything of those other details that are irrelevant when you're engrossed in writing.

And he's laughing at me now. :heart::heart::heart:

Last edited:
No disrespect to Dwight, but can those five nights compare to the waterfall? Because, damn.

Did that cross a line? I apologise if that crossed a line. I've had way too much to drink tonight. Not an excuse. Just an explanation.

No apology needed. Waterfall sex is fantastic, but I Promise To Love You For The Rest Of My Life sex is even better.

Please, change the name of my location to "L
bowdown.gif~c200

It shall be done.

Back