Red's Thread - come in and read a bit, post a bit, and lick a bit... okay... alot!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Evening everyone! I got hit good with the snow - about 2.5-3 feet worth! Here's a pic of my minivan before I dug it out this afternoon... I'm so done with the snow - I want spring and I want it NOW!

attachment.php

Well that's good if you expect a return from the IRS - makes the effort worth it. ;)

I finally have a few hours free this afternoon and I thought I might sub a Valentine's Day story. But I see it's closed and I'm too late. :(
Oh well. Maybe a general story since I haven't actually done anything yet this year.

Whatever return I would get will be absorbed by the government because we are still paying on last year's taxes (for Fed. and State).

Tylenol Cold thou art my friend.

Have fun with the taxes Red, don't have all the paperwork for mine just yet but plugged in what I have tonight just to get it started.

I didn't get around to doing it. I got sucked into playing Sims2 on my daughter's computer, it was her fault.

Evening everyone! I got hit good with the snow - about 2.5-3 feet worth! Here's a pic of my minivan before I dug it out this afternoon... I'm so done with the snow - I want spring and I want it NOW!

attachment.php

That's a beautiful photo. ;) Seriously though, sorry you got snow dumped on you and you're shoveling your way to freedom.

-----

Other topic:

There is no Popeye close to me, we have KFC and Lee's Famous Recipe (which was started by one of the 2 founders of KFC).

Today's plan:

Church, groceries, home, lunch, relaxation, orchestra practice, home, watch Once Upon a Time

Whatever return I would get will be absorbed by the government because we are still paying on last year's taxes (for Fed. and State).

I didn't get around to doing it. I got sucked into playing Sims2 on my daughter's computer, it was her fault.

That's a beautiful photo. ;) Seriously though, sorry you got snow dumped on you and you're shoveling your way to freedom.

-----

Other topic:

There is no Popeye close to me, we have KFC and Lee's Famous Recipe (which was started by one of the 2 founders of KFC).

Today's plan:

Church, groceries, home, lunch, relaxation, orchestra practice, home, watch Once Upon a Time

Mmmm...Red in her Sunday Best :devil:

that moment when you go shopping for a new jacket and instead of an extra large or large you end up with a medium that fits perfect. Priceless!

well thank good for a snow blower because Y have about the same amount of snow at Mutato but a 140 foot driveway.

It is pretty if you're just looking at it ;) I managed to dig out ok, took me almost 5 hours though.

well thank good for a snow blower because Y have about the same amount of snow at Mutato but a 140 foot driveway.

I'll take what I have, thank you very much! :D I don't envy what you had to do, W

Good evening Red :rose: and papa. I hope your Monday went well.

Schools were closed today and will be closed again tomorrow as we're still digging out from just shy of 3 feet of snow... :eek:

Tonight's agenda includes, Mesquite Roast, mashed potatoes, and sweet corn, as well as the beginning paragraphs to Mercy's Chapter 3. I hope by the end of the week I can submit all three chapters (which will be for Survivor) and an edited version (mainly spelling/grammer and not eligible for Survivor) of the chapter that is currently here at Lit.

Tonight's agenda includes, Mesquite Roast, mashed potatoes, and sweet corn, as well as the beginning paragraphs to Mercy's Chapter 3. I hope by the end of the week I can submit all three chapters (which will be for Survivor) and an edited version (mainly spelling/grammer and not eligible for Survivor) of the chapter that is currently here at Lit.

Good luck! I'm kind of starting to hit the heavier part of the semester so writing has slowed down, I write a paragraph here or there on a couple of stories when I have time. Debating starting the Earth Day story cause it might take me that long to get the darn thing written at this pace :D

Good luck! I'm kind of starting to hit the heavier part of the semester so writing has slowed down, I write a paragraph here or there on a couple of stories when I have time. Debating starting the Earth Day story cause it might take me that long to get the darn thing written at this pace :D

I was that way during the Summer, when the kids were home from school. I barely wrote at all. We were down to one computer and I figured I have the computer all the time when they are in school, so they can have it when they aren't. It worked out pretty good.

I won't say how I feel about that contest. ;)

My eyes aren't sore and they enjoy seeing you ;)

If you look too long they will be. ;) :kiss:

======================

I'm off to feed the family. Here is a tidbit to chap. 3 of Mercy:

tidbit from Red said:
The sound of screaming women along with the shouting of men brought Mercy out of her sleep. She stood up just as the door to the Captain's quarters was smashed open. Instinctively she reached for the gun, hidden in the drawer, next to the Captain's bed. At the same time her gaze caught the glistening tip of a sword as it protruded out of her Sir's chest. This time the screaming she heard was her own. James' body was kicked from behind, as the sword was pulled free. Two men stepped through, and both aimed their weapons at Mercy and silently dared her to continue her quest.

She lowered her hand and stood still as they approached. There was no rush to freedom, no chance to hide in the bowels of the ship, no way to win against two well-armed and well-trained men, so Mercy did nothing, as they grabbed both of her arms and pushed her past the dead man who had cared for her for the past three years.

On deck she saw the carnage that greeted her. James' men, were either dead of dying. Whomever had boarded the ship had spared no life, except the women. Mercy understood her fate, squared her shoulders and lifted her chin. The other women, women who had just been commissioned by Blackwater, three weeks ago, stood cowering in fear. Mercy went to them, and when the man, she assumed had led the attack, ordered his men to take the women, she was the only one that did not fight.

When they were on board the other ship, she and the others were taken to a room, where several more women sat on torn and dirty blankets. A lump of fear formed in Mercy's chest as her gaze took in the shackles on their legs and the collars on their necks. Their bodies were bruised, covered in feces, and looked both dehydrated and malnourished. Rape, was something Mercy had once been used to and as she looked at the women who had fought their captors, she knew no matter how hard she tried to please them, she would fail.

The first night she was given to the captain and three other men, as well as a woman who had coal for a heart. Mercy did as she was told, but she knew it did not matter. They reveled in the pain they delivered upon her person, but no matter how hard they hit her, they never broke a bone, nor did they break her skin.

For two weeks she and the women traveled, during this time another ship was taken and the men slaughtered, and the two women on board, the Captain's wife and daughter were brought on board. When the ship settled into a harbor, unknown to Mercy, she sported two black eyes, a bruised and swollen lip, as well as fist size bruises on her abdomen, thighs, and chest. There were smaller ones as well, but again nothing that would leave behind evidence that she had been a victim.

Heehee. From not blinking while enraptured. Or is that enchanted. Ensorcelled?

RedHairedandMesmerising

:D

Oh you are a charmer. ;) :kiss:

----

Hello all. Well taxes for the spouse and I are done, as well as both daughters. Refunds for everyone, and one group owes to state. The spouse and my refund is enough to cover the past Federal amount that has been due and I've been making payments on for over a year. After they absorb that I'm not sure where the rest goes, either to the state (which won't shock me) or if it comes to us. *shrugs* Either way, someone is getting paid and that means one bill is no more. :D

Next big complicated thing to tackle is FAFSA for both daughters. :eek: I'll save that for another day.

Oh you are a charmer. ;) :kiss:

----

Hello all. Well taxes for the spouse and I are done, as well as both daughters. Refunds for everyone, and one group owes to state. The spouse and my refund is enough to cover the past Federal amount that has been due and I've been making payments on for over a year. After they absorb that I'm not sure where the rest goes, either to the state (which won't shock me) or if it comes to us. *shrugs* Either way, someone is getting paid and that means one bill is no more. :D

Next big complicated thing to tackle is FAFSA for both daughters. :eek: I'll save that for another day.

Good luck with FAFSA. I helped my sister-in-law with it for her kids. It was NOT fun, not at all.

Good luck with FAFSA. I helped my sister-in-law with it for her kids. It was NOT fun, not at all.

I've done it a couple times for myself, in the past, and last year for the eldest, she had to go in and make changes this year when she changed schools. I know what you mean about it NOT being FUN! It is NOT!

It shouldn't be difficult to do. They base everything on your income and what school you're going to attend. So you'd think you could give them all your tax information and tell them the school code and everything could be pulled from that. But nope, it's not that simple, though again it all comes down to that basic information on how much they are willing to give you.

Daughter #2 will be different this year than what I have done in the past, she's been awarded a $32,000 scholarship (payable over 4 years) so I have to make sure I add that in there.

I'm waiting until I get the email that my Fed. return was accepted before filing FAFSA. I've already got the girls'. Theirs came almost immediately after I finished submitting it online. I guess it doesn't take to long to check a refund for $8 or $28 compared to one over $1000. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back