Shadow Hunters

TheFallenSaint

Really Experienced
Joined
Aug 20, 2013
Posts
129
Hey everyone, this is FallenSaint. I've been working on my story Shadow Hunters and I was hoping to get some feedback on what readers would like to see. I've got several story lines that are well on their way (Some actually in the planned direction through some miracle). I've also got several places where the story could change direction as well as an opening for a completely new direction. I'm open to suggestions or ideas so please feel free send any CONSTRUCTIVE ideas my way.

Thank you for your time
 
Hey there, FallenSaint!

I love this story and, as you can tell, I've been trying to add to it quite a bit. Its good that we can actually talk here! I've got a lot of ideas, but really my main desire is to include lots of human/monster coupling. There's the usual variety but I'm expanding on the goblin stuff and trying to create a more romantic sort of relationship.

As a reader, I'd love to see more monster stuff, of course. Maybe something with tentacles? I know you made mention of a story with a cyclops you had wanted to do? I like the sound of that!
 
Well I'm a big fan of your work. It has really added to the story. I'm with you that I want to see a variety of human/monster coupling and like the Rondo arc, I do like the idea of her actually having a romance with one. I was planning to build on her and Boma as well, so I'm glad to see that you went forward with that option as well. (Kind of like the idea of her and Saraf as well if she chooses to be the next Shaman)

As for Tentacles... Kalveroth is a Lust demon with Tentacles. And the arc with Rondo and Rose taking Venus to Carthin could have implications there if they ever make it lol. I'm planning to push ahead to Carthin when I get the chance. I also put a few characters up (The Carthin Valiants) to show some of the people they could meet there.

Please feel free to make new characters where ever you please. I am really looking forward to what you do next. I approved all your threads and even added to the last one with Karuuk. you can still access them through the story, but for some reason the story map isn't showing everything I approved.

So what monster ideas do you have? I branched out a little by adding the possibility of chasing a wizard that specializes in creating Golems. I would also like to do a little more with the Centaur arc.

Humanoid monsters are fun, but it might also be interesting to try her with more bestial ones like the manticore I did. I'm open to most ideas lol
 
Hi there, I'm talon2 on the main site, I haven't yet added on to your story though I hope to make time to in the near future. Though I've enjoyed the entirety of Shadow Hunters, I have most enjoyed the lesbian/female humanoid, nymph, scenes as well as rutting with lesser monsters such as the kappa and goblins. Those are just my preferences though, and I'll probably add to those threads myself in time.

I'd be really interested in seeing a Venus/Katherine or Venus/Umbra romance develop, as well as what plans Valdin has for her. Those are just some things that I'd find interesting and that I'm likely to add to myself in the future, though like I said before: I've enjoyed the whole story thus far.
 
Hey Talon2, I'm glad you enjoyed the story. Umbra and Venus was something I was wanting to see happen. With what I have planned in that area, I think it could be really entertaining to see Umbra go from broken to redeveloping her humanity a little through her time with Venus.

Katherine is a character with a lot of potential, but she hasn't received the attention she deserves. I'd like to see more happen with her, but I'm not sure how I want to go about it. If you have ideas and want to add them, please feel free to do so. I'm open to just about anything when writers want to expend on a character or story arc.

The Kappa was very nicely written (Mostly by Briefcaseronin) and I enjoy that one myself. The Goblins are very well done as well and I was glad to see Briefcase start opening up the Romance between Boma and Venus. Lesser intellectual monsters like those can be very entertaining since their needs are usually baser. Leaders like Taka are what make their race develop into something better than beasts.

The Minotaurs are another interesting group and actually have the possibility of introducing an enemy that I'm hoping to make the main focus of a Shadow Hunter's sequel (If I can ever finish this one lol)

If you want to hear some of the spoiler stuff just PM me and I'll give you some details that aren't in the writer info threads. (Keeping some things to myself until I reveal them like how Valdin knew Venus as a child. That was planned from the beginning but not told in the info threads. Consider it canon for every thread even the ones where she has not gone to his lair.)
 
Hey, so I logged into CHYOA, and some of the threads aren't showing up in the story map for Shadow Hunters.

More specifically, I'm on the Cathin Job arc, with Venus, Rondo, and Rose. Looking at the story map, I can see that one the furthest threads is 'Venus Surrenders' by BriefcaseRonin. But when I actually go to that thread, two options show up: "Rose Interrupts With A Suggestion" and "Karuuk fucks Venus good and hard".

I can click on those links and go to those threads directly, but they don't show up at all on the story map. I haven't checked....has this bug been reported already? And does that mean my thread (the one I submitted a few days ago) can't be seen by other people on the story map?
 
Hey, so I logged into CHYOA, and some of the threads aren't showing up in the story map for Shadow Hunters.

More specifically, I'm on the Cathin Job arc, with Venus, Rondo, and Rose. Looking at the story map, I can see that one the furthest threads is 'Venus Surrenders' by BriefcaseRonin. But when I actually go to that thread, two options show up: "Rose Interrupts With A Suggestion" and "Karuuk fucks Venus good and hard".

I can click on those links and go to those threads directly, but they don't show up at all on the story map. I haven't checked....has this bug been reported already? And does that mean my thread (the one I submitted a few days ago) can't be seen by other people on the story map?

Last time something like that happened, Friedman said it was because the thread wasn't approved. Only approved threads appear on the story map, and pending threads can be accessed through the chain of events and a user's list of threads, but not from the map. However, in some cases, I see FallenSaint has left a comment, making it seem unlikely the thread is still pending.

Help us all out a bit. Go to "Manage Stories" in the drop bar under your username. Click "My Threads" on the page and post the status of the threads in question. If they're all approved and remain unseen on the story map, we ask Friedman to look into this more carefully.
 
Oh, well my own thread has been approved. Matter of fact, it was approved less than half a day after I had posted it. The other ones I mentioned in the previous post were by BriefcaseRonin, so I don't really know if his threads were approved, but I would assume so.

More importantly though, even *FallenSaint* has a thread that isn't showing up. It's in that same line of story chapters that I mentioned before. Here's what I did, step-by-step:

- First, I went to story map for Shadow Hunters.
- Then clicked on the "Venus Surrenders" chapter.
- Then, all the way at the bottom, there's the two options I mentioned before, so I clicked on "Rose Interrupts with a Suggestion".
- This takes me to a new page that doesn't show on the story map (with a full chapter and everything written), with another option at the bottom, "Karuuk fucks Rose while he tastes Venus".
- Clicking on this link takes me to yet another full-written chapter written by BriefcaseRonin (once again, not showing up in the story map). At the bottom of THAT chapter is another link, "She Succumbs to the Orc's cock", which is FallenSaint's addition to the thread.
- Going to that chapter brings much of the same. Story is fully-written, no buggy text or anything, but not showing up on the story map.

tl;dr - My chapters are approved, but even one of the creator's chapters isn't showing up.


Update: I did a little test. I signed out completely and manually went chapter-by-chapter through the story to see if those 'invisible chapters' are still showing up. And the answer is yes, I'm still getting the same results as above.
 
Last edited:
has this bug been reported already? And does that mean my thread (the one I submitted a few days ago) can't be seen by other people on the story map?

Yeah BriefcaseRonin reported it and I confirmed it to Friedman as well. He said he would look into it, but as far as I can tell the only way to get to those threads currently is through the actual story and not the map. Same with a few other additions of Briefcase's.
 
Yeah BriefcaseRonin reported it and I confirmed it to Friedman as well. He said he would look into it, but as far as I can tell the only way to get to those threads currently is through the actual story and not the map. Same with a few other additions of Briefcase's.

Those threads appear in the story map now. This is related to a bug caused by the tree traversal algorithm. I'll look into it on the weekend. Thanks for reporting.
 
Thanks for the help Friedman! Sorry for the late thank you but I've had limited internet lately. Hopefully my next pay raise will fix that.

Hey Briefcaseronin, I was hoping to get your thoughts on both the new arc I started with Venus going after a mage that uses Golems and some new monster ideas. I like the ones you have added in a lot. Seeing how much of a bully the bugbear was, I was pretty much rooting for Kazi the Kobold (Lol poor Venus... No one roots for her...)

I'm also hoping to see more of your work on the Orc chapters. I've got some ideas for that to run by you either here or in a PM if you want.
 
Hey, I root for Venus (well, ok, maybe for the wrong reasons here...)

Briefcase, I must say I like your Orc arc a lot, too. Fallen, you created an awesome setting for the most random monster-human sex ever.

Now it's suggested reading time by Fallen so I can continue the necromancer arc sometime this weekend, provided real life leaves me alone for more than five minutes...
 
FallenSaint,

Thanks for highlighting your story! I've had a fun time reading some of the storylines.

I figured I'd add a direct link, presuming that's okay with you, to make it easier to jump in and take a look.

Shadow Hunters

-Z.
 
FallenSaint,

Thanks for highlighting your story! I've had a fun time reading some of the storylines.

I figured I'd add a direct link, presuming that's okay with you, to make it easier to jump in and take a look.

Shadow Hunters

-Z.

Glad you enjoyed it and feel free to add the link. If I had thought I would have done it myself lol.

And Jealco, I may have made the setting, but it is thanks to the everyone who has helped me to make the world come alive. I've had a lot of help with this story and it has helped make it great.
 
Back
Top