"To keep the review thread clean..."

yesterday 1,2,3,4 at least. good poems, probably more
yesterday began to see comments from names I am a little too familiar with as writers. you I applaud. you drive poetry, writers don't (there is a glut). as a writer also, by commenting you hone skills, perception.
 
I hope so, I went in a total direction with FelicityI brought your name up in regards to line endings. Denice Levertov had also used a double unstressed end of line. Tzara had posted a link on what she had to say on cadence. I forget the thread.
here:
http://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?t=996591&page=2

Dear 1201, thank you for the kind (and funny) comment on "Horatio, Abridged".

And thank you for the mention in the line-endings thread--and to greenmountaineer for the nearly-mention ;)

I have this theory that poets read "the" as a hard syllable, like "thee", when in speech it is a mostly-swallowed word, a breath almost, snatched off and allowing the poet to crunch the next word on the next line, exactly as in the example from Levertov.
 
cheers gm, 12 and maria for your thoughts on cold fire:strange flames. definitely worth me rethinking. thanks!
 
Thank you Todski , Pelegrino & Magnetron for your warm response & encouragement to " ...a coincidence ..."
 
Thanks, Cleardaynow, for commenting on my poem MARIE CELESTE 3. You are right, it is a song in its 3rd version. As for having a" go" at an ex, that's how it begun years ago, but in this version I meant it as a "let go".
 
thanks, sweet Harry, for visiting and commenting on this older piece in my vaults - great griefs are silent

a lawn full of balloons, trees decorated with them, and they all found their own way home to you - eventually :kiss:
 
Thanks to greenmountaineer for a kind comment on "Motes", and I agree with what you say about erotica. It's a shame nobody seems to be reading it these days ;)
 
Thank you to Oldbear63 and Tristesse2 for kind comments on "Motes"--and Tess, my comment wasn't aimed at people here but the fact that readership seems way down on a few years ago :)
 
Thank you to todski28 for a nice comment on "A Younger Man's Car", and thank you for the nod to construction: a poem is a little machine, and it has to work ;)

Thank you too to Maria2394 for her comments on the same poem and on "Motes" :) You are really too kind.

Maria, "locked and loaded" is a weaponry image but also an image of aging--I often feel my limbs locked and loaded ;) But why use words that can have only one meaning when one can load them with two--or more ;) x
 
Sorry that I'm behind with my thank yous to Maria, Greenmountaineer and Butters on Life then Stops, that life got in the way and did indeed stop, so I'm saying them now!
 
Thanks, butters, for recommending "Folio 34R" and for your spot-on comment. Thanks too to todski for taking the time to comment.
 
Thank you to todski28 for a nice comment on "A Younger Man's Car", and thank you for the nod to construction: a poem is a little machine, and it has to work ;)

Thank you too to Maria2394 for her comments on the same poem and on "Motes" :) You are really too kind.

Maria, "locked and loaded" is a weaponry image but also an image of aging--I often feel my limbs locked and loaded ;) But why use words that can have only one meaning when one can load them with two--or more ;) x

I took a test on mechanics of learning and was told I learn the "wrong" way. I also remember the "wrong" way. So I guess my brain is wired differently than lots of folks. It ties in with the fact I am ambidextrous. Thanks for the def of the phrase. I had never heard it refer to aging before. I loved the poem. There were several good works that day. I wish I felt like writing.


:rose:
 
Sorry that I'm behind with my thank yous to Maria, Greenmountaineer and Butters on Life then Stops, that life got in the way and did indeed stop, so I'm saying them now!

You are very welcome Dear Lady :)

It has been an awesome joy to watch you write from your first post here. You have definitely earned your place as one of the premier poets of this site. I hope you plan on publishing elsewhere someday as I know the masses that do read poetry will love your work.

:rose:
 
Dear Maria, I hope you will feel like writing again soon. I miss your unique poetic voice. x
 
Last edited:
Thanks to Angeline for having recommended "April Fool" as well as taking the time to comment. Thanks too to Open Field and to Tess.
 
Thank you to cleardaynow for a kind and thoughtful comment on "British Summer Time" :)
 
Thank You to GM [ Greenmountaineer ] for your encouraging complimentary words on " Close to one's Maker "
 
Thank You to GM [ Greenmountaineer ] for your encouraging complimentary words on " Close to one's Maker "
Sorry for missing out on my Gang of Bro- s also for commenting on "Close to one's Maker " ----Tod , Harry , Clearday & Oldbear ---many grateful Thnx guyz for your comments & U Rock Guyz !!
 
Thanks to Teenie Tanya and Marcie420 for favoring my poem "Anais Is Getting Fucked 2".
 
Thank you magnetron for the thoughts on opposites an older poem I'd forgotten about; your suggestion is a huge improvement in keeping themeatic consitancy your thoughts are appreciated

Thank you springbreezes for your comments on creating shadows and for favouriting it also, I am glad you liked it.
 
Back
Top