"To keep the review thread clean..."

The doubting Thomas wades through his confusion

In today's poetry recommendations of Ashesh9's A Poet's pen... I wrote: “I disagree with his first line but still find it appealing.” This issue of impartiality is a problem because it calls into question whether Kipling's poetry is good poetry with bad ideology or bad poetry because of bad ideology.

Then one has to look at much of English poetry from the eighteenth and nineteenth century which reflects the evolution and growth of the British nation state and this growth becoming so heavily dependent on pillaging of the world beyond Europe. Ashesh9's poem demands impartiality and initially I disagreed. Then I wrote this poem as explaining my change of mind:

Impassioned and Impartial
stand together to
rule out those Kiplings
for poems that served greed,
the ads of empire rampant

Can a poetic advertisement be considered true poetry? That my noble souls is the question.
 
Last edited:
Thank you Lorencino for your considered views in Comments section of NP and above and also for recommending ' a poet's Pen'
 
Thanks to GuiltyPleasure and Lorencino for recommending my latest poem, and to AlwaysHungry for his comment.
 
many thanks to Lorencino and Pel for commenting on '2 MNCs' and " sweet'n sour ' resp.
& Pel not yet heard the 'United Front' song....
 
Thank you, Pelegrino, for your comment on my sonnets. Note that they have companion haikus -- I would be interested in your take on those.
 
Many thanks to Mer for having recommended "Time and Motion Study" and for her comments as well as those of Ash and Angie. Also thanks to her for having favorited the poem and to Angie and Guilty Pleasure for doing so as well. A fourth reader favorited the poem too, but for some reason I can't retrieve his or her monicker.
 
'Fapped out

This was amaze-ballz fap material. Those pictures and the combination of english, old english, and french made a fucklicious poem. Encore!'

Anon. , whoever you may be thank you for this comment on my illustrated submission "Buttocks!"
 
hahaha

'rectus123 : thnx Bro for commenting on my Unholy Buttocks in erotic poems[ a good ass

is a joy forever] and Tgod113 & Deepthroat121 for fave-ing Unholy Buttocks and Temptalicious Beauty in erotic poems category!!
 
Last edited:
Erectus , thanx for commentin' on my erotic submission Temptalicious Beauty.
 
My thanks to all of you who either commented upon or recommended poems in my little flurry of writing this last month: greenmountaineer, todski28, legerdemer, AlwaysHungry, ishtat, and GuiltyPleasure. My particular thanks to greenmountaineer and ishtat for their suggestions on "Woman Turning into a Typewriter," which are excellent recommendations for editing that poem.
 
Thank you very much Pel for complimenting my illustrated poem Buttocks and also my two erotic submissions Unholy Buttocks and ' temptalicious Beauty' !
 
grateful thanx!!!

thank You , Tazz for this gem of a comment on my illustrated poem Beauty:----WITH A LITTLE HELP

this could become a musical song, TK U MLJ LV NV!!!
 
and also thanks to Tazz for comment on illustrated poem 'Eggshell cracked."
 
thanks!

thank you Pel and Erectus [ 'and my hand print on her red ass

greets you with my affection'] for your comments on my political poem' a Brit sentence'.
 
thank you, GM!!!

]
GM thank you for this very complimentary take on my 'Meaningless'----You don't often see poems like this, Ash. I'm glad you post them occasionally.

I might have left out "is" in line 6. I think that makes the rhythm of this short poem better.

I was intrigued by the title. There is nothing meaningless in the first 6 lines and the same with "And now sweet reader/I'll bid thee Good Bye."

So what is meaningless? One might infer its opposite, but I'm not sure. I thought of the two great commandments "Love God, and love your neighbor as yourself." If one or both of those is absent, perhaps life is meaningless. However, I'm not sure from my reading of the poem that was your intention
 
Thanks greenmountainer for recommendation on my poem "darkness." What would we do without you?
 
I'd like to thank gm too, as well as Ash, tazz and anon for commenting on and recommending some of my three efforts today. Also to those who so faithfully leave comments for the new poems.
 
My thanks to gm, Katie and legs for their lovely comments on A Poets Place

I've just realized this poem was previously submitted in a different format. :eek:
 
Last edited:
Back
Top