Tax Revolt

LincolnDuncan

Thread hijacker
We have a president who clearly only represents his supporters. He an his administration are attempting to seize dictatorial authority. We have a congress who is either afraid of him or who is waiting for Mueller to do the dirty work. Either way, they have abdicated their responsibilities. Some of us are waiting for Mueller to right the world or hoping to gain a victory and take back one branch of the government in November.

So, if none of that works, what would happen if millions of people stop filing tax returns?

Since Trump and Congress don't give any shits about the national debt, they won't care.

Since Trump and Congress don't give any shits about the national debt, they won't care.
Oh and Obama was soooooooooo worried about the National Debt he doubled in less than 8 years, ninja please now your worried over the debt and kids in cages ?

So sad how you ignore what your party and people did but swallow every made up lie the press feeds you about Trump!

Trump Won , things are going great he's fixing all the screw ups Obama made!

We have a president who clearly only represents his supporters. He an his administration are attempting to seize dictatorial authority. We have a congress who is either afraid of him or who is waiting for Mueller to do the dirty work. Either way, they have abdicated their responsibilities. Some of us are waiting for Mueller to right the world or hoping to gain a victory and take back one branch of the government in November.

So, if none of that works, what would happen if millions of people stop filing tax returns?
Go ahead don't file tough guy , the IRS will let you go for a long time then one day your paycheck will be smaller or you car is gone , your bank account is frozen or your social security check is being docked.....they will get their money.

And Trumps lowered Taxes so he's helping us all out even you Trump haters, but hey feel free to ruin your fiscal future resist the IRS .

Oh you can always turn in your citizenship and move to Mexico or some other non Trump run nation and be free of all those IRS taxes, self deportation that would really prove your point!

But you won't you'll just bitch and keep being part of the problem!

Go ahead don't file tough guy , the IRS will let you go for a long time then one day your paycheck will be smaller or you car is gone , your bank account is frozen or your social security check is being docked.....they will get their money.

And Trumps lowered Taxes so he's helping us all out even you Trump haters, but hey feel free to ruin your fiscal future resist the IRS .

Oh you can always turn in your citizenship and move to Mexico or some other non Trump run nation and be free of all those IRS taxes, self deportation that would really prove your point!

But you won't you'll just bitch and keep being part of the problem!

Shithead, consider millions of tax payers refusing to pay their taxes due to lack of representation in their government. If you have any sense of history, you might understand the significance.

2 cents

ha....ill always bite although i can see clearly we are on opposite ends of the spectrum

the issue at hand is govt in general.
yes it is easy/convenient to hate trump or trump supporters etc.
at least for once there is a non-establishment proven businessman in office.

the problem in America...is excessive government on all fronts.
govt's role is to provide safety and security for America
somehow somewhere along the way that got translated into running everyone's lives with a Department of this, that and the other thing
Prior to the 1930s there was no income tax of any kind and yet the country still operated.

what we need is less govt. more personal accountability.

every program every operated by the govt had failed, been robbed, and never been properly accounted for.

so....the amount of taxes people pay in all forms is ridiculous.....tax on everything.....it all sucks

the fair tax is a good plan.....in that it is fair for all.....BUT the real issue is the need to drastically downsize govt.

a good first step is to implement term limits.....which simply requires a number of states....35? maybe to vote to vote on term limits.....we are still a govt of the people, by the people, and for the people.....the people just have to unite and work toward a common goal. term limits breaks the career cronyism that dominates Washington politics.

work on term limits. work on reducing govt.

by the way, you can stop paying taxes. go to Puerto Rico......by the crappiest little house.....and claim that you stay there for 183 days a year. IF you can properly legally claim that you are a resident of PR....you DO NOT HAVE TO PAY one dime in Federal Tax. true story. check it out. You DO however have to pay 4% PR tax.....but obviously it is a huge savings.

anyway.....focus your energy on what you can do or change or improve...because we can all just bitch and moan about which candidate sucks the most ….none of which accomplishes anything at all

I think if you could get tens of millions of people to do it, it would be a classic act of civil disobedience.

Since for many taxpayers their federal taxes are withheld (and paid to the gov) via payroll, withholding filing doesn't really do anything.

Anything short of tens of millions would just make a field day for the IRS in levying fines, seizing monies, etc.

In order for a civil disobedience action to be effective, it has to have a clear goal, a clear action, and it has to have sufficient weight (numbers, impact) to compell government to respond in a positive way.

What would your objective be? How would this act of civil disobedience obtain that goal?

ha....ill always bite although i can see clearly we are on opposite ends of the spectrum

the issue at hand is govt in general.
yes it is easy/convenient to hate trump or trump supporters etc.
at least for once there is a non-establishment proven businessman in office.

the problem in America...is excessive government on all fronts.
govt's role is to provide safety and security for America
somehow somewhere along the way that got translated into running everyone's lives with a Department of this, that and the other thing
Prior to the 1930s there was no income tax of any kind and yet the country still operated.

what we need is less govt. more personal accountability.

every program every operated by the govt had failed, been robbed, and never been properly accounted for.

so....the amount of taxes people pay in all forms is ridiculous.....tax on everything.....it all sucks

the fair tax is a good plan.....in that it is fair for all.....BUT the real issue is the need to drastically downsize govt.

a good first step is to implement term limits.....which simply requires a number of states....35? maybe to vote to vote on term limits.....we are still a govt of the people, by the people, and for the people.....the people just have to unite and work toward a common goal. term limits breaks the career cronyism that dominates Washington politics.

work on term limits. work on reducing govt.

by the way, you can stop paying taxes. go to Puerto Rico......by the crappiest little house.....and claim that you stay there for 183 days a year. IF you can properly legally claim that you are a resident of PR....you DO NOT HAVE TO PAY one dime in Federal Tax. true story. check it out. You DO however have to pay 4% PR tax.....but obviously it is a huge savings.

anyway.....focus your energy on what you can do or change or improve...because we can all just bitch and moan about which candidate sucks the most ….none of which accomplishes anything at all

No, what it's about is that an anomaly has occurred where one extreme element of society has total control of an alleged democratic government. I would make the same post of the Libs/dems, whatever had total control.

It's about balance!

I think if you could get tens of millions of people to do it, it would be a classic act of civil disobedience.

Since for many taxpayers their federal taxes are withheld (and paid to the gov) via payroll, withholding filing doesn't really do anything.

Anything short of tens of millions would just make a field day for the IRS in levying fines, seizing monies, etc.

In order for a civil disobedience action to be effective, it has to have a clear goal, a clear action, and it has to have sufficient weight (numbers, impact) to compell government to respond in a positive way.

What would your objective be? How would this act of civil disobedience obtain that goal?

People have time to change their deductions and refuse to file in April. I think it would be interesting to see any administration attempt to govern when millions refuse to support a dictatorship.

People have time to change their deductions and refuse to file in April. I think it would be interesting to see any administration attempt to govern when millions refuse to support a dictatorship.

How do you imagine this would change anything? If it did work, what would prevent the other side from using it against the next DNC president? Both sides in the current passion play have tens of millions of supporters...

Oh and Obama was soooooooooo worried about the National Debt he doubled in less than 8 years, ninja please now your worried over the debt and kids in cages ?

So sad how you ignore what your party and people did but swallow every made up lie the press feeds you about Trump!

Trump Won , things are going great he's fixing all the screw ups Obama made!
Sure he is, except for that national debt thing.

How do you imagine this would change anything? If it did work, what would prevent the other side from using it against the next DNC president? Both sides in the current passion play have tens of millions of supporters...

Since democratically elected congressman from both sides have been unable to find a solution to either gridlock or the destruction of democracy in favor of one party, American citizens have the alternative of violent revolution, which I don't recommend or refusing to pay taxes like the Founding Fathers.

We have a president who not only represents a minority of people who support him, but a president who attacks opposition like a demented child in 4th grade. If little Donald Trump was running for class president of the 4th grade, would you want your child to vote for him?

Better to elect real Progressives that would stop withholding taxes from your paycheck. Let W-2 earners decide what to pay quarterly, if at all - same as the elite and the oligarchs.

The IRS is cracking down on tax deadbeats by denying them passports.

https://www.usnews.com/news/politic...-risk-for-passport-denial-because-of-tax-debt

Hundreds of thousands of Americans with unpaid tax debts will not be able to apply for or renew passports until their debts are settled, as federal officials step up enforcement of a law passed by Congress in 2015.

The law requires the Internal Revenue Service and the State Department to deny or revoke passports for people who have an overdue tax debt of $51,000 or more, according to the IRS.

The agency recently provided new details on enforcement of the law, which went into effect in February, The Wall Street Journal reported. An IRS spokesman told the Journal that as many as 362,000 people currently hold a tax debt that would make them ineligible for renewal or issuance of passports.
Who could be welching that much dough on their taxes? Elites or oligarchs?

Oh, no, does that mean the Trumps won't be able to leave the country so that we have a chance to air it out from time to time?

Oh, no, does that mean the Trumps won't be able to leave the country so that we have a chance to air it out from time to time?
Well no, their planes have special license plates, so they can park them anywhere.

362,000 people, each owing $51,000 is over eighteen billion dollars. And that’s a minimum.

My point is that the House of Elected Representatives of this alleged democracy are failing to provide checks and balance buy controlling funding. People can take back some of that power by means of civil disobedience like not paying taxes.

I intend to continue to support the Ds and might even financially support some candidates. But if the Ds are unable to restore balance, I'm not going to give up. I'm tired of paying a government that doesn't represent my interests.

PILOT knows shit about basic politics. WHATS IN IT FOR ME is our American motto.

I agree with the motto. I just think that the Trumpettes are wholly screwed to think that what's in it for Trump and what's in it for them are even remotely similar. And they are dumb as rocks because Trump has made no bones about showing he screws Trumpettes royally and always has.

I agree with the motto. I just think that the Trumpettes are wholly screwed to think that what's in it for Trump and what's in it for them are even remotely similar. And they are dumb as rocks because Trump has made no bones about showing he screws Trumpettes royally and always has.

And yet it's still better than what Obama was capable of....more hope and WAY more change. :D

Back