The Isolated Political Blurt Thread

On the GB, had no heads up, alerting us to Canada Day, this year.


We have a healthy amount of Canadians on this board, yet happy announcements were absent on the GB. Perhaps many have chosen exile. You could not blame them.


07/01/2018


Americans Turn To Twitter On Canada Day To Say Sorry For Trump


https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2018/07/01/americans-twitter-canada-day-sorry-donald-trump_a_23472242/


Official Canada Day greeting from the White House ?

A written statement from the U.S. Embassy

Not even a tweet from the Orange Oaf of the White House Oval office.

Very different from the feel-good relationship between President Obama and Justin Trudeau.

gsgs comment-

If I had tweeted an apology to Canada, I would have said that I, personally, am sorry that America has inflicted the Orange Oaf on Canada, and the world. Americans have been embarrassed and shamed by his behaviour, and the behaviour of his family. America stands as a warning to other countries.
 
IMG_0574.jpg
 
Someone got greedy...

From The Corner Of The Oval Office by Beck Dorey-Stein (out July 12)

On the opposite end of James Comey’s more intricate insider account of life inside the White House, this memoir by a former Oval Office stenographer is equal parts racy, pacy and funny. From barely keeping her head above financial waters in Washington DC to hopping on board Air Force One with Barack Obama and his elite team, Dorey-Stein doesn’t so much dish the dirt as mop up the mess left at her feet by the drama of politics and the heartbreak of romance.
 
World Bank Solution for Lack of Jobs: Cut Worker Protections

The World Bank is in the process of completing its “World Development Report 2019: The Changing Nature of Work” and, surprisingly, the latest draft version opens with quotes from Karl Marx and John Maynard Keynes. Has the World Bank suddenly lost sight of its purpose and will now take up the cause of working people?

Well, you already know the answer to that question, didn’t you?

Only a few paragraphs down we begin to see where this paper is heading. After a bit of perfunctory hand-wringing over disruptions caused by robotics, we read the problem is “domestic bias towards state-owned or politically connected firms, the slow pace of technology adoption, or stifling regulation.” And although some jobs are disappearing, fear not because “the rise in the manufacturing sector in China has more than compensated for this loss.”

Oh, so we should all move to China to get new jobs.

And some ask, "Where does the Nazis come from?"
 
July 7, 2018


Dog kennels are for human babies, not Trump White House dogs.


A home, and a human babysitter must be provided for a Trump White House dog. It would be traumatic for the dog to be placed in a kennel, or a dog hotel.


So, the human babies must remain lost, until the Trump White House dog can be re-united with its human parents.
 
July 7, 2018


Dog kennels are for human babies, not Trump White House dogs.


A home, and a human babysitter must be provided for a Trump White House dog. It would be traumatic for the dog to be placed in a kennel, or a dog hotel.


So, the human babies must remain lost, until the Trump White House dog can be re-united with its human parents.

You shouldn't talk about Steve Miller that way. Jeesh!
 
July 12, 2018

Wealthy shitposter purchased good, honest, Pre-Alliance news site, Gawker.

Wealthy shitposter published shitty websites.

Fuck you, Silicon Valley billionaire Peter Thiel and fuck you, Hulk Hogan.
 
The last time Trump mentioned losing culture, it was in reference to Confederate monuments. What European culture would he like to preserve?

He might be under the misunderstanding that the Berlin Wall still stands or something. :rolleyes:
 
New Jersey man has raised nearly double the money needed to bring the Trump "baby blimp" to the U.S. Didier "Jim" Jimenez-Castro sought to collect the $4,500 he and other activists said was needed to secure the balloon's safe passage from Britain. He surpassed that amount in 22 hours on his GoFundMe page and was closing in on $9,000 as of midday Monday (July 16).

Be on the lookout: 'Baby Trump' is coming to New Jersey
Jul 15, 2018


Baby Trump Tour
@babytrumptour
Thank you to all of your generous donations to make this happen. Baby Trump will arrive in the US in about 4 weeks. Prior to that we will be putting together a team of experienced organizers from the Resistance to manage the tour. Submit your location for consideration. P2R!

10:54 AM - Jul 15, 2018

Jimenez collaborated with the People's Motorcade, a local group that holds protests at Trump's National Golf Club in Bedminster, and together created a GoFundMe page to raise money for the balloon.

https://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2018/07/baby_trump_balloon_is_coming_to_new_jersey.html
 
Trump Concedes Russia's Interference in Election

January 11, 2017

Trump formally acknowledged Russian involvement, then just went back to denying it weeks later.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/11/us/politics/trumps-press-conference-highlights-russia.html

"As far as hacking, I think it was Russia."

"It could have been others."


January 11th, 2017__

Trump says at a press conference: "As far as hacking, I think it was Russia, but we also get hacked by other countries and other people." He offers no acknowledgement that he's just admitted to a conclusion he's fought, denied, and skirted for more than seven months.


https://www.wired.com/2017/01/timeline-trumps-strange-contradictory-statements-russian-hacking/

June 16, 15, 2016: A day after the Washington Post breaks the news that the Democratic National Committee has been hacked, allegedly by Russian spies, Trump's team issues a statement: "We believe it was the DNC that did the 'hacking' as a way to distract from the many issues facing their deeply flawed candidate and failed party leader." On the same day, a hacker calling himself Guccifer 2.0 says he's given the hacked emails to WikiLeaks, and also publishes them himself-

complete with telltale Russian-language formatting errors:

Just just as lurid as the leaked data has been the fingerpointing that came after. Earlier in the week, the security firm Crowdstrike, which the DNC brought in to remediate the breach, published a blog post claiming that a pair of hacker groups based in Russia and associated with the government's intelligence apparatus carried out the intrusion. The post pointed to the specific malware and tactics linked with the Russian groups known as Cozy Bear and Fancy Bear. Both have a history of hacking high-value international intelligence targets.

https://www.wired.com/2016/06/chaotic-whodunnit-follows-dncs-trump-research-hack/
 
And...

We return to the statement made in January 2017


Trump ‘misspoke’ at Putin summit and says he accepts Russia was responsible for election meddling in latest reversal




President blames the confusion over his remarks on a 'transcript' error - but then contradicts himself by saying election meddling could be 'by other people'


18 Jul 2018

"Let me be totally clear in saying that … I accept our intelligence community’s conclusion that Russia’s meddling in the 2016 election took place,” Mr Trump said. Although in typical fashion, he seemed to undermine his own statement by adding: “It could be other people also. There’s a lot of people out there.”


Even given the U-turn by Mr Trump, Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, a Democrat from New York, said that President Trump is trying to “squirm” away from his comments because he did not have the courage to stand up to Mr Putin at the Helsinki summit.

Mr Schumer called the clarification “24 hours too late and in the wrong place”. The senior Democrat said if the president cannot directly tell Mr Putin he is wrong and “our intelligence agencies are right, it’s ineffective”.


https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...in-mueller-investigation-latest-a8451936.html

gsgs comment-

It is as not OK, and perfectly fine, and understandable, to the people and nations that were thrown under the bus, in favor of Putin and Russia.
 
Lewis Black, comedian, said that Trump should STFU during the Summer, unless it is really important and significant.

Give everyone in the United States of America a vacation from his nonsense.

(He actually voices these sentiments in a much more compelling, cruder, vital, essential way.)

One can dream.

*sigh*
 
Back
Top