Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > Authors' Hangout

Old 03-09-2018, 01:30 PM   #1
PuckIt
Literotica Guru

Geek Pride Day! Official Support Thread

In recognition of Geek Pride Day, Literotica.com is proud to call on all willing writers to let their freak flag fly high!

25 May was first organized as Geek Pride Day by the Spanish blogger Germán Martínez (known online as seńor Buebo) in 2006 and has slowly gained international recognition (in certain Geek circles) from there.

Whether you roll the 20 sided die for a feat of writing dexterity, or you let the force guide your quill, contribute to Geek Pride by submitting your "single-shot" (no chapter or serials for this one day, please) to the Sci-Fi & Fantasy category of Literotica.com during the week from 15 May-22 May with "Geek Pride" in the notes field for inclusion in our special publication on 25 May for the sexy Geeks amongst us and those who love them.

Rules;

1) Open to all aspiring authors to submit their Science Fiction and/or Fantasy efforts (or Steampunk, Cyberpunk, et al) in celebration of Geek Pride Day.

2) Submissions for consideration should be a "single shot" submitted in the Sci-Fi & Fantasy Category. That is, no serial or chapter submissions for the purposes of this particular effort.

3) Submissions should be turned in during the week between 15 May and 22 May.

4) "Geek Pride!" should be included in the notes field for intended submissions. Failure to do so will mean not being included in the submissions intended for that date.
Edit; Also, per Etaski's sapient suggestion, a tag of "Geek Pride" should be appended as one of the ten available tags on the submission.
5) These submissions will be published en masse on Geek Pride Day! (Friday, 25 May 2018) to celebrate our sexy Geeks and those who love them.

6) All normal rules posted by Literotica.com, of course, apply.

Let your freak flag fly high and proud on 25 May 2018!

I'm not clumsy. It's just the floor hates me, the table and chairs are bullies, and the walls get in my way!

>> According to Little One, just another old coot giving advice. It's probably bad advice, but it's free.

>>My semi-literate drivel

>>Feel free to tell me how to go about giving a fuck (or reading what others smarter than I say about it if you have no clue either) over here.

Last edited by PuckIt : 03-16-2018 at 11:32 AM.

Old 03-09-2018, 01:47 PM   #2
BiscuitHammer
Really Really Experienced

Talking Ha! Can do!

I'm all over this like a nerd on a Kate Upton glossy. ^^v

Old 03-09-2018, 02:15 PM   #3
PuckIt
Literotica Guru

Facepalm

And it suddenly dawns on me that letting Laurel con me into getting this organized, it's a little more incumbent on me to take my own usual semi-literate effort a little more serious this time.

Damn it, I knew there was something I was overlooking!

Well played, Laurel. Well played.

I'm not clumsy. It's just the floor hates me, the table and chairs are bullies, and the walls get in my way!

>> According to Little One, just another old coot giving advice. It's probably bad advice, but it's free.

>>Feel free to tell me how to go about giving a fuck (or reading what others smarter than I say about it if you have no clue either) over here.

Old 03-09-2018, 02:31 PM   #4
Antryg_Windrose
Loves Spam

Long-lurking aspiring author here. A few strange story fragments float in my cloud accounts. Perhaps I can piece together something Gernsbackian in the next two months. Super-science space operas always fascinated me. Astronauts of mixed genders and proclivities land on a planet inhabited by phallic and vaginal plants. What are the foot fetishists to do? What super-scientific ray will promote their pleasure?

Old 03-09-2018, 05:15 PM   #5
electricblue66
Literotica Guru

Bugger. Just when I swore not to bother with contests again, along comes something which will be perfect to drop my next little idea into. Better start writing it... thus putting my wip on the back-burner. My betas will not be pleased.

My stories: https://www.literotica.com/stories/m...ge=submissions

Old 03-09-2018, 05:26 PM   #6
Blind_Justice
Literotica Guru

No idea if I can manage the deadline. That's the hard part.

... and I have the perfect blend of Sci-Fi and Fantasy for this contest.

My Geek Pride Day submission:
-----------------------------------
The Rembrandt Legacy
Convicted engineer with special power gets recruited by alien rogues to pull off a difficult heist.

My stuff on Lit

Old 03-09-2018, 08:23 PM   #7
electricblue66
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuckIt View Post
5) These submissions will be published en masse on Geek Pride Day! (Friday, 25 May 2018) to celebrate our sexy Geeks and those who love them.
Good idea - one block publish date.

Hopefully that will stop many of the contest games, and level the playing field.

Old 03-10-2018, 08:34 AM   #8
Etaski
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by electricblue66 View Post
Bugger. Just when I swore not to bother with contests again, along comes something which will be perfect to drop my next little idea into. Better start writing it... thus putting my wip on the back-burner. My betas will not be pleased.
Oh, Lord, do you think JasonClearwater will want to try as well?

I'm looking forward to the "nerdosterone" flowing in this one in general. I will mark my calendar, but I'll also have to see if I can manage it with existing obligations. (Or, as you say, "my betas will not be pleased.")

Unless I'm misunderstanding, however, this is not a "contest" in the sense that people aren't voting for one author to receive a prize. This is an event such as what I'm doing for the "Magical Mystery Tour" Event coming up next week:

It's a organized anthology of new, similarly-themed stories collected together. On Blackandrandl1958's lists, you don't even see the scores, just the titles and the authors who wrote them. (Individual stories will have scores if the author allows, of course, but they're only listed on the Author page themselves).

Ergo, not a Contest, but an Event. I get vibes of "2018 Best Mystery/Fantasy/Non-Fiction/etc. Anthology" published books here--the stories are not really "best" of anything but they are vetted and were commissioned to provide something new and easily introduce authors to new eyes.

Just my thoughts on it. If I'm misunderstanding that, though, please correct me.

I write in Sci-Fi & Fantasy settings and characters are often non-human. The action runs from consent to non-consent to BDSM to group sex and more. Variety is the spice of life. My Stories

Old 03-10-2018, 11:34 AM   #9
lovecraft68
Literotica Guru

Hmm. I may have something for this, but it wouldn't fit sci fi per se. I was thinking more of some kinky happenings in a comic book store(um, cause I owned one for a few years and some customers have me ideas) so it fits geek, but not really sci fi.

Old 03-10-2018, 11:59 AM   #10
ChloeTzang
Literotica Guru

Ooooooooh, this one's made for me. Who make better geeks than asian girls

I even have my cover, except, oh no, we're not allowed covers

All of Chloe Tzang's stories can be found here
Chloe supports our Veterans by drinking Black Rifle Coffee
Aaaaand... Chloe's first actual published short story ("Blood Sacrifice") now available on Amazon as part of the Sex and Sorcery 4 anthology
And Chloe's first novel, "Mistaken Identity", is also now available (on that website that sells books)

Old 03-10-2018, 12:14 PM   #11
lovecraft68
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChloeTzang View Post
Ooooooooh, this one's made for me. Who make better geeks than asian girls

I even have my cover, except, oh no, we're not allowed covers

Okay, first reaction....she's a little hottie, love the glasses.

Second reaction...whoa, how old is she?

Old 03-10-2018, 12:28 PM   #12
ChloeTzang
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecraft68 View Post
Okay, first reaction....she's a little hottie, love the glasses.

Second reaction...whoa, how old is she?
Korean wallpaper images for download, so undoubtedly 18+. You're safe - you may legitimately drool.

Me, I gotta get some of them pink glasses. And that tee.

And for anyone that needs geeky asian images to give them ideas for a story, here's a few and I love them...

Aaaaand... Chloe's first actual published short story ("Blood Sacrifice") now available on Amazon as part of the Sex and Sorcery 4 anthology
And Chloe's first novel, "Mistaken Identity", is also now available (on that website that sells books)

Old 03-10-2018, 12:40 PM   #13
Voboy

Huh.

This might be fun.

Old 03-10-2018, 12:53 PM   #14
BiscuitHammer

Quote:
Ooooooooh, this one's made for me. Who make better geeks than asian girls [/IMG]
Geek Asian girls? What are the odds?

*gets thwapped by maid café gf*

What? It's not like I started singing Tokyo Girl or anything... :/

Old 03-10-2018, 01:14 PM   #15
lovecraft68
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiscuitHammer View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIliB436370

Old 03-10-2018, 01:45 PM   #16
YouDidWhut
Experienced

Excuse me while I park the TARDIS and disappear into the Room of Requirement with my Kate Upton glossy to do some research on zombie squirrels and lesbian vampires.

Old 03-10-2018, 02:02 PM   #17
PuckIt
Literotica Guru

Etaski is a hundred percent on target, this is not technically a contest, but an anthology. Or perhaps a Geek-ology. Unless I suppose, the prize is Geek cred.

Of course, I can't stop certain people (*cough*) from keeping track of their scores. But, that isn't the intent here.

Wyld Stallyns! Be excellent to each other! And party on, dudes!

Old 03-10-2018, 02:04 PM   #18
Etaski
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuckIt View Post
Wyld Stallyns! Be excellent to each other! And party on, dudes!

I write in Sci-Fi & Fantasy settings and characters are often non-human. The action runs from consent to non-consent to BDSM to group sex and more. Variety is the spice of life. My Stories

Old 03-10-2018, 02:26 PM   #19
ChloeTzang
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiscuitHammer View Post

you could start singing Tokyo anytime as far as i'm concerned...

Old 03-10-2018, 02:34 PM   #20
BiscuitHammer

Quote:
you could start singing Tokyo anytime as far as i'm concerned...
Kaneda's theme is more likely.

Old 03-10-2018, 06:13 PM   #21
Bramblethorn
Mallory Heart Surgeon.

I don't have room in my schedule for this one, alas. But I've been putting plenty of geekery in my latest serial.

Old 03-10-2018, 06:33 PM   #22
lovecraft68
Literotica Guru

I've held back long enough....take this!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZEdDMQZaCU

Old 03-10-2018, 07:23 PM   #23
NotWise
Snipe hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecraft68 View Post
I've held back long enough....take this!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZEdDMQZaCU
Of course, if you just let the thing roll at the end of the video, then you get the end of the movie, where the nerds win.

My personal favorites are The Third Ring and Oscar's Place.
My most recent story is Love is Enough, a story about an aspiring playwright and two ghostly flappers.
Next up is a Summer Luvin' story tentatively named "Stinky and Fudd"

Old 03-10-2018, 07:25 PM   #24
electricblue66
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etaski View Post
Oh, Lord, do you think JasonClearwater will want to try as well?

It's a organized anthology of new, similarly-themed stories collected together. On Blackandrandl1958's lists, you don't even see the scores, just the titles and the authors who wrote them. (Individual stories will have scores if the author allows, of course, but they're only listed on the Author page themselves).

Ergo, not a Contest, but an Event. I get vibes of "2018 Best Mystery/Fantasy/Non-Fiction/etc. Anthology" published books here--the stories are not really "best" of anything but they are vetted and were commissioned to provide something new and easily introduce authors.
Sounds like a better idea than Contests, to be honest, particularly if an anthology then got some traction.

You might need to nag Clearwater directly - you know he has a lot in common with kittens at Christmas...

Old 03-10-2018, 07:29 PM   #25
lovecraft68
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotWise View Post
Of course, if you just let the thing roll at the end of the video, then you get the end of the movie, where the nerds win.
pssst....its fiction

I was a hybrid in high school. Read comics (not trendy for teens back then) loved HP Lovecraft(also not trendy then) played D&D and had straight A's

On the other hand I was sarcastic as hell, beat the piss out of anyone who tried to bully me and played Baseball at an all state level and competed in regional martial arts tournaments.

They really didn't know what to call me....maybe jerd...jock nerd?