Rules and Registrations for 2015 Survivors' Contest

IS there a contest now?

Yes or No?

If so, I will look for the Immunity Thread and my Scorecard. If not, I will just continue to write for LIT as normal.

BrettJ in Canada
 
I will resume keeping the score and, in the very near future, update the scoreboard to include all who have indicated an interest in competing this year. As in the past, I will update the scoreboard on Saturdays.
 
Last edited:
In the spirit of competitive fun and in defending my title as the three time winner of Survivor, I'd like to play again for 2015.
 
Survivor Newbie

I have no idea what I've let myself in for but I'm in.

I may need a little guidance in terms of keeping ym score, etc, if that is available.

Halo.
 
Now that I am back writing at close to my old pace, I noticed I haven't checked the Immunity thread or my Scorecard for 2015.

Can I please get a head's up for both, thanks?

BrettJ
 
Now that I am back writing at close to my old pace, I noticed I haven't checked the Immunity thread or my Scorecard for 2015.

Can I please get a head's up for both, thanks?

BrettJ

Your scorecard thread is in place but you haven't posted to it and you don't have an immunity yet. :)
 
Did I even pick a number for Immunity? Not a big deal, really. I don't think I've posted for all of the contests which will lower my score considerably.

I will start adding stories to the scoreboard shortly.

BrettJ in Canada
 
I'm in.

I need a good kick in the but to write some more of that lovely smut :)
I'm new here so please be gentle.

/Kev
 
I'd like to play for 2016 too.

I hope Literotica doesn't allow this contest to die.

The contest inspires writers to write more and to stretch themselves to write in other categories.

I hope more people will sign up to join this year.
 
I'd like to play for 2016 too.

I hope Literotica doesn't allow this contest to die.

The contest inspires writers to write more and to stretch themselves to write in other categories.

I hope more people will sign up to join this year.

This is true.
In my AOHell days, they used to have weekly writing contests: 500, 1000 word constraints weekly, having to write using the word or phrase as the theme or inspiration of the short fiction piece.

I have some of the words in notebooks.
 
I'll give it another go to try to improve on my 2015 showing which I was disappointed in.
 
Apologies, but I fell so far behind that I more or less blew it with this year's contest.

Best of luck to all who entered.

BrettJ in Canada
 
If we do have it for 2016, with my health on the road to recovery, I might just try it again. Keep me in the loop and thanks.

BrettJ in Canada
 
we're waiting to hear from Box. I think Laurel is fine with it, but its Box that runs it.

I'm okay with 2016 too, if Laurel is. There are certain things I, as an unofficial mod. cannot do, such as sticking the Rule and registration Thread and archiving threads from last year. I hope we get more action than we had in 2015, though. Only 12 people submitted anything on their scorecards. :( I wasn't one of them, BTW. I haven't submitted anything for over three years.
 
It may be a sign of the end times, but I agree with Freddie on one thing. Now that there's no money involved, it may be time to simplify the rules a bit to encourage participation.

Get rid of the whole cap system, let every story count, but give bonuses for filling out categories.
 
Back
Top