Tumbling down the rabbit hole, hand in hand

Northward

Experienced
I wear a mask every day. The mask is as follows.

Starched light blue shirt. Dark gray or khaki pants. Striped or foulard tie. Unassuming dress watch on brown leather. Hair buzzed to 3/8 of an inch. Glasses. Tie bar. Stainless steel double lined coffee thermos. Canvas messenger bag with plaid flannel lining. A print copy of the business section of the NY Times.

You get the idea.

And I suppose it's not so much a mask, as it is a veneer. A carefully cultivated veneer representing the aspect of my personality I am most comfortable sharing with the world. Conservative. Stoic. Easily blended into the background of your daily life.

But underneath the shell there's a swirling maelstrom of thought and curiosity. I only came to this realization recently. I was raised to be the person I project. And for quite some time I thought maybe that's who I was, down to the bones. Some epiphanies come late. Mine has only just revealed itself as I navigate through the downward slope of my 30s.

To be quite candid, there isn't much I am closed to exploring. So long as it is between consenting adults and nobody is being hurt, my curiosity will more than likely get the better of me. In fact, often times the more odder and idiosyncratic, the better. Life is too short to tread on only the most commonly walked paths. I want somebody willing to trudge through the overgrown old trails of the subconscious most deem best to avoid.

The problem is, I exist in a world of similar veneers, similar impenetrable barriers to what's really lurking in a person's innermost caverns.

And I want a partner in this process. Somebody to tumble down this rabbit hole with me, hand in hand.

But I don't want to compromise. I'm educated, professional, fit, and aspire for the same in a woman. I don't like to dwell in cliches and netspeak. I like vivid language and I love the kind of deep, penetrative, psychologically rich conversation that leaves you simultaneously fearful of your vulnerability and aroused by the knowledge that you're sharing your deepest desires with a kindred spirit.

If you seek this too, then write to me.

Last edited:
Thank you.

It just dawned on me that I probably posted this at the worst possible time. So I am sending it to the top on a Friday night. I hope everyone has a great long weekend.

Gorgeous ad, I am not looking and would probably not meet your criteria if I was but your ad certainly resonated with me.

I also wore a mask of sorts most of my life which I have only started to dismantle over the past 18 months or so. My reasons may be somewhat different to yours, but I have found lit and a couple of friendships here to be pivotal in me finally loosening the mask a little...

I so hope you find the same because a life behind the mask is a life half lived and we all deserve better, :heart:

Indeed, really special. Began dismantling the mask a bit ago and it is worth every vulnerable second.

Kinda makes me want to have a sex change and go back to school...Good luck!

Just thought I would give my old thread a bump, and see if perhaps any kindred spirits were lurking out there tonight and interested in chatting.

I wish you luck in your journey. I had been chatting with one of the writers the other day about a story series idea of a couple who had a deep, true, trusting connection that allowed them the freedom to play all sorts of games with each other, challenging each other, pushing each other's limits, not in a more traditional pain-type way but in a psychological way...sounds like what you are looking for, maybe. If you find it, definitely write about it! :)

P.S. *Just* the business section of the NYT? What did you do with all of the other parts of that lovely paper???!

I may have swooned while reading your ad! Beaming you positive vibes on your journey of self-discovery and exploration of the fantasies and dreams that never see the light of day. 🙂

9EU5TisdHdfUJHhz7

Starched light blue shirt. Dark gray or khaki pants. Striped or foulard tie. Unassuming dress watch on brown leather. Hair buzzed to 3/8 of an inch. Glasses. Tie bar. Stainless steel double lined coffee thermos. Canvas messenger bag with plaid flannel lining. A print copy of the business section of the NY Times.

You get the idea.

And I suppose it's not so much a mask, as it is a veneer. A carefully cultivated veneer representing the aspect of my personality I am most comfortable sharing with the world. Conservative. Stoic. Easily blended into the background of your daily life.

But underneath the shell there's a swirling maelstrom of thought and curiosity. I only came to this realization recently. I was raised to be the person I project. And for quite some time I thought maybe that's who I was, down to the bones. Some epiphanies come late. Mine has only just revealed itself as I navigate through the downward slope of my 30s.

To be quite candid, there isn't much I am closed to exploring. So long as it is between consenting adults and nobody is being hurt, my curiosity will more than likely get the better of me. In fact, often times the more odder and idiosyncratic, the better. Life is too short to tread on only the most commonly walked paths. I want somebody willing to trudge through the overgrown old trails of the subconscious most deem best to avoid.

The problem is, I exist in a world of similar veneers, similar impenetrable barriers to what's really lurking in a person's innermost caverns.

And I want a partner in this process. Somebody to tumble down this rabbit hole with me, hand in hand.

But I don't want to compromise. I'm educated, professional, fit, and aspire for the same in a woman. I don't like to dwell in cliches and netspeak. I like vivid language and I love the kind of deep, penetrative, psychologically rich conversation that leaves you simultaneously fearful of your vulnerability and aroused by the knowledge that you're sharing your deepest desires with a kindred spirit.

Eloquently written. Made my heart skip a beat. Good luck in your search for that elusive someone.

You get the idea.

Clear out some of your messages- and get back to me ;) Can't write you back if your inbox is full. I'll be waiting for you to get back to me

Back