Movies!

leeroy jenkins said:
OK so next month is 300, it looks like a must see. Then there is Spiderman 3. Spidey becomes Venom, but who is the bad guy, a sandman type character?? The there is Harry Potter, I want to see the part where the twins leave the school with all of there nasty little magic products. Finally Resident Evil.

Okay I know about the rest but what is 300???

Fury :rose:

Last night my daughter and I watched The Devil Wears Prada. I must say I had hoped for more from the movie.

Alt, the shoes were the best part. LOL.

It seemed to be saying a couple of things I didn't like. One that a size six is fat, sizes four and two are better. Bull shit.

Two that if you have a horrible ass hole for a boss, all you need to do is everything they tell you. Eventually you will find the nicer side of that jerk buried deep down. They might actually do something nice for you someday. Again, I say, bull shit!

It was an okay movie, not great.

FurryFury said:
Okay I know about the rest but what is 300???

300 is about the Spartan vs the Persians. I think the web addy is 300themovie.com. I love the trailer and the music they have on it.

FurryFury said:
Last night my daughter and I watched The Devil Wears Prada. I must say I had hoped for more from the movie.

It seemed to be saying a couple of things I didn't like. One that a size six is fat, sizes four and two are better. Bull shit.

Two that if you have a horrible ass hole for a boss, all you need to do is everything they tell you. Eventually you will find the nicer side of that jerk buried deep down. They might actually do something nice for you someday. Again, I say, bull shit!

I just watched the same movie last night Miss Fury and I agree the movie sucked and was a major disappointment. Not even the clothes and shoes were enough to drag it out of totally inane for me. The tiny bit at the end in Paris however did make me want to travel a touch more than I usually do . As if I need encouragement in that department.........pfffffffffffft.

Just finished watching Friends with Money , much better than I had expected . Has chick flick potential but thankfully doesn't really go there . Good little ensemble piece actually. The scene where Jenifer Aniston is given the french maid outfit and asked to continue cleaning by her lack lustre leech fuck buddy is fairly amusing. She is like so taking his direction with no passion whatsoever and he is so damn bland in the face of apparent 'kink' it's a scream . I really got the giggles . Worth a watch.

She also does a really , really naughty thang . Lets just say if you have people in your home don't be leaving intimate toys around if you appreciate exclusivity !!

Miss Rebecca gives it a :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: rating

Sorry for doing that ^^^ I am bereft of self control tonight :smilesssss:

Olivia: I'm a... maid. What?
Mike: You're... you're really a maid?
Olivia: Yeah.
Mike: Can I... watch?

Thanks, the single post was nice, but I really enjoyed reading the dialogue between the priest and the dying man.
I really enjoyed the movie, and I was surprised at how closely they tried to historically portray it. To me it was fun, but i'm ~into~ that sort of thing. ;)

Forgive me Miss Fury for I have sinned..........

Inconsequential said:
Thanks, the single post was nice, but I really enjoyed reading the dialogue between the priest and the dying man.
I really enjoyed the movie, and I was surprised at how closely they tried to historically portray it. To me it was fun, but i'm ~into~ that sort of thing. ;)
I am happy that you enjoyed the dialogue. My point is too few people read only the obvious erotica of de Sade and that in itself I find distracts from his deeper potential charm , which was all to evident in that particular piece.

FurryFury said:

Well, I'll say one thing for the movie - it was better than the book! That book was awful, even by chick lit standards.

As for the size 6 - well, it's NYC and the fashion industry. Whadya gonna do? I loved the clothes, and I thought Meryl Streep was hilarious. I also loved that Giselle Bundchen was in it.

Marie Antoinette....I was so disappointed! Although it was very pretty. I like Sophia Coppola, but the whole thing was so half-assed. Of course it didn't help that half the audience was clueless. At the end, I kept hearing people whisper, "okay, so what happens?" Ummm, seriously?

Recently I saw that Clive Owen and Jennifer Anniston movie - Derailed. It was pretty lame, but damn Clive Owen is sexy.

leeroy jenkins said:
300 is about the Spartan vs the Persians. I think the web addy is 300themovie.com. I love the trailer and the music they have on it.

Great. Thanks for the info!

Inconsequential said:
Anyone got any comments about Quills?

Haven't seen it.

@}-}rebecca---- said:
I just watched the same movie last night Miss Fury and I agree the movie sucked and was a major disappointment. Not even the clothes and shoes were enough to drag it out of totally inane for me. The tiny bit at the end in Paris however did make me want to travel a touch more than I usually do . As if I need encouragement in that department.........pfffffffffffft.

Just finished watching Friends with Money , much better than I had expected . Has chick flick potential but thankfully doesn't really go there . Good little ensemble piece actually. The scene where Jenifer Aniston is given the french maid outfit and asked to continue cleaning by her lack lustre leech fuck buddy is fairly amusing. She is like so taking his direction with no passion whatsoever and he is so damn bland in the face of apparent 'kink' it's a scream . I really got the giggles . Worth a watch.

She also does a really , really naughty thang . Lets just say if you have people in your home don't be leaving intimate toys around if you appreciate exclusivity !!

Miss Rebecca gives it a :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: rating

Sorry for doing that ^^^ I am bereft of self control tonight :smilesssss:

Olivia: I'm a... maid. What?
Mike: You're... you're really a maid?
Olivia: Yeah.
Mike: Can I... watch?

Glad to know we agree!

I may check out Friend With Money!

Nice to see you on this thread.

PS I don't understand the sinning part but I'm into sin anyway.

*winks*

intothewoods said:
Well, I'll say one thing for the movie - it was better than the book! That book was awful, even by chick lit standards.

As for the size 6 - well, it's NYC and the fashion industry. Whadya gonna do? I loved the clothes, and I thought Meryl Streep was hilarious. I also loved that Giselle Bundchen was in it.

Marie Antoinette....I was so disappointed! Although it was very pretty. I like Sophia Coppola, but the whole thing was so half-assed. Of course it didn't help that half the audience was clueless. At the end, I kept hearing people whisper, "okay, so what happens?" Ummm, seriously?

Recently I saw that Clive Owen and Jennifer Anniston movie - Derailed. It was pretty lame, but damn Clive Owen is sexy.

I agree with you about Clive! *purrs*

I haven't see those other movies though. Without a strong recommendation I probably won't.

Last night my girl and I watched The Illusionist. It's supposed to be good or so I've heard. Though it has a good twist in it, we found it sloooooow. We came thisclose to simply turning it off.

I watched a film called "brick" the other night.. very strange film noir type movie with very strange dialogue.. I think it is something I would have to watch again, but I definately enjoyed it the first time around. Anyone seen it?

I finally had a chance to watch Hotel Rwanda last night. Don Chedle's performance was superb. This movie truly touched me, one bit of dialogue in particular stood out:

An American reporter has shot footage of Tutsis literally being slaughtered in the streets and is making arrangements to upload it to the American and European media. Don Chedle's character (Paul) expresses relief that help will finally be on the way now that the world will see how horrible the situation in Rwanda is. The reporter sadly tells him it won't make a difference. Paul can't believe help won't be forthcoming. The reporter says "People will look at the TV and say 'that's awful' and then go back to eating dinner."

The truth in that statement is painfully real. My blood ran cold when I heard it.

Tonight I am watching Rabbit Proof Fence. It is based on the true story of three aboriginal girls who were taken from their homes and sent across the country to be taught how to integrate into white culture. I find it interesting that the white Australians did the same thing the Mormons did 100 years earlier..essentially kidnapping Native American children and sending them back east to be educated. All done in the name of Christianity, of course.

Sorry, feeling a bit cynical today.

Last edited:
On a lighter note..I took my daughter to see Bridge to Terabithia earlier this week. It was very well done and I enjoyed it as much as she did. Anna Sophia Robb has a bright career ahead of her, she is a fine young actress.

Last edited:
callinectes said:
Tonight I am watching Rabbit Proof Fence. It is based on the true story of three aboriginal girls who were taken from their homes and sent across the country to be taught how to integrate into white culture. I find it interesting that the white Australians did the same thing the Mormons did 100 years earlier..essentially kidnapping Native American children and sending them back east to be educated. All done in the name of Christianity, of course.

Sorry, feeling a bit cynical today.

Brilliant, heart wrenching and sadly indicative of the treatment of aborigine .

callinectes said:
On a lighter note..I took my daughter to see Bridge to Terabithia earlier this week. It was very well done and I enjoyed it as much as she did. Anna Sophia Robb has a bright career ahead of her, she is a fine young actress.

This movie was pretty good. It reminded me of when I was a kid playing with my sisters. We had to use our imagination as we did not have all this tech stuff they do now.

I saw Ghost Rider the other night. First of all I am a huge Nick Cage fan. This movie has gotten bad reviews. I thought is was okay. Yeah, some of the lines were cheesy and the acting too. But the CGI - outstanding. The movie looked like, the dark colors, of a comic book. I think there was only one time were the imagine looked fake.

Shooter based on the novel Point of Impact comes out on the 16th of March.

This film is based on one of my two all time favorite books, and it BETTER turn out good...Or else!!! :devil:

ghosst_K&H said:
Shooter based on the novel Point of Impact comes out on the 16th of March.

This film is based on one of my two all time favorite books, and it BETTER turn out good...Or else!!! :devil:

Oh yes this looks good and you can't go wrong with a sexy Mark Wahlberg. I might have to check out the book Point of Impact.

Can you tell me the author of the book?

Last edited:
@}-}rebecca---- said:
Brilliant, heart wrenching and sadly indicative of the treatment of aborigine .

You are so right Rebecca, heart wrenching is the phrase that sums up the story. So does the old saying "We are the government and we are here to help".

cymbline said:
Oh yes this looks good and you can't go wrong with a sexy Mark Wahlberg. I might have to check out the book Point of Impact.

Can you tell me the author of the book?

Stephen Hunter, and it was first published in 1991.

Unfortunately Mr. Wahlberg is a wee bit too young to play the lead, but the screenplay writers have "updated" the character, and judging by the trailer, the story quite a bit.

I emailed the author, who writes for the Washington Post to ask if he's read the script, and I'm waiting to see if he answers.

ghosst_K&H said:
Stephen Hunter, and it was first published in 1991.

Unfortunately Mr. Wahlberg is a wee bit too young to play the lead, but the screenplay writers have "updated" the character, and judging by the trailer, the story quite a bit.

I emailed the author, who writes for the Washington Post to ask if he's read the script, and I'm waiting to see if he answers.

Thanks for the info :)

leeroy jenkins said:
Any one see that movie 23 yet??

No not yet, but it is on my list to see. I love the mind game- lets play with his head- movies. I am not a Jim Carey fan, so I am curious to see him in a more dramatic role.

I like Jim Carey when he is funny. I don't much like it when comedians try to get into drama. I did like The Majestic. It was well done.

The other day I read an interview with Jim Carey about the number 23. Sounds like he's either gone around the bend a bit or is just pretending to generate publicity for the film. I'm not likely to go see it at the theater.

Never saw the movie The Majestic. I did look it up as it did not sound familiar. I might have to check that one out.

I do want to see Reign Over Me with Adam Sandler and Don Cheadle. I don't care for Adam Sandler's funny movies. I saw Drunk Punch Love and Click. I really enjoyed Click. You got a smart funny serious Adam.

cymbline said:
Never saw the movie The Majestic. I did look it up as it did not sound familiar. I might have to check that one out.

I do want to see Reign Over Me with Adam Sandler and Don Cheadle. I don't care for Adam Sandler's funny movies. I saw Drunk Punch Love and Click. I really enjoyed Click. You got a smart funny serious Adam.

I don't enjoy most Adam Sandler movies but I thought 50 First Dates was really good. I suppose you could call his character in more serious and a bit smarter than others he has played.

Back