Tea Porn

Picking-Tea-Leaves.jpg
 
When I lived in the Carolinas, I grew tea -- it was fun and easy.

I don't know where you live, but traditionally you need temperatures that don't get much below 0F (USDA Zone 7) for tea plants to survive. There have been varieties bred that handle colder temps -- I met a woman in Traverse City, Michigan (Zone 5) who has been successfully growing tea with some winter cover for over 10 years -- so maybe if you aren't too far north of the traditional range, good site selection and preparation could see you through?

As one of my favorite gardeners maintains, "I don't believe a plant won't survive in my climatic zone until I've killed it at least twice."

Here's an article on growing tea in northern climes: http://www.camforest.com/category_s/57.htm
 
I really want to try a short hedge of tea. I think, this unseasonal year excluded, I might be in too cold a spot. Its expensive to try and fail though.

Also, I have a lot of tea cup 'trios' or 'triage' sets. From before mix/ mated sets were fashionable. But I am beginning to think I should part with them. I use them less and less. Maybe just keep four. Some are antique, some vintage some new. :(. Its hard to part with such things, but afternoon tea is becoming less of a thing. I think I got more than four out last over only once in five years.

I have a large collection I purchased a while back. I need to dig out that box. This would be the perfect year to give an antique tea cup to each of the munchkins. Thanks for the idea!
 
Do you have a favorite "go to" tea for a quick cup?

I drink this when I don't want to mess with loose-leaf. It's a nice, uncomplicated, black tea.

PG_Tips_160s.jpg
 
So, nothing?

I'll post this a bit later for the EU crowd that will be up soon.

You folks drink a lot of tea.

What's the favorite in your tea cupboard??


Do you have a favorite "go to" tea for a quick cup?

I drink this when I don't want to mess with loose-leaf. It's a nice, uncomplicated, black tea.
 
Once upon another lifetime, a flatmate had something similar to this in her room.
e98768cfa537d9b12b8cdec5fa305c93.jpg
 
Back
Top