Needed: A caring woman to look after a Donkey…

T

Tallulah82

This is a non-paid, temporary position (or two) to be a friend and confidante to Wonky Donkey, who is terribly upset that I am leaving him behind whilst I go on holiday for the next four weeks.

I tried to sign him up for the local stables, but he refused saying he was a grown-up Donkey who could look after himself. However, after finding him wailing into his bucket of carrots (again), I realised that whilst he can technically feed and bathe himself (impressive, right?) he DOES need support and distraction when he is awake and bored. I am also gravely concerned about his right hand. Without decent conversation, he is liable to develop Wanker’s Wrist *shudder*.

You will be required to:
- PM him and check that he is alive and happy.
- Chat to him about all kinds of subjects including his poor taste in music, his fussiness in foods and his unhealthy love of Davina McCall’s work-out videos.
- Be available to reply to his PM’s when he cannot sleep (those in USA/Canada/that area of the world are in the perfect time-zone for this. Just saying.)
- Tolerate his weird sense of humour, which is not based on being British. Or male. Or young(ish). He can be clumsy with his words, which makes him endearing.

You will NOT be required to message dirty unless you both find yourself drunk and frisky at the same time, then happy fireworks :D Also, please don’t worry about his perversions: he will keep those firmly in check, though if you could imitate my cross between a crypt-keeper and Yeti, then I would greatly appreciate it.

Wonky is a prime slab of Donkey meat, and your life will be better for having him randomly burst in the door at inappropriate times.

Finally: I think that if you are a male wanting some general friendly banter, you should drop him a PM too. But please, don’t be misled, he is not interested in your cock. If you scare the bejesus out of him by flashing him or flirting with him – I WILL come and find you and kick your arse from here to Timbuktu for making me put him into therapy when I get back.

Thank you in advance for your help in this matter, I can now sod off and enjoy my holiday without having to worry about my friend's wellbeing. :cool:

(psst - good luck. And by replying to this post, or PMing Wonky you waive any right to seek compensation of any form should things go tits-up and you are left in an unhappy state yourself. Happy Donkeying!)

How fun!!

I've owned a feisty Shetland, a stubborn mule and a pedantic Fjording (yes, the type from Frozen) and always loved riding them. Though, they were real, but I'm sure a good house pet could appreciate my RL firm horsemanship... and crop! Does he come with his own bridle and saddle?

How fun!!

I've owned a feisty Shetland, a stubborn mule and a pedantic Fjording (yes, the type from Frozen) and always loved riding them. Though, they were real, but I'm sure a good house pet could appreciate my RL firm horsemanship... and crop! Does he come with his own bridle and saddle?

You don't need the crop, I'm a well behaved donkey!! Honest. :p

Last edited:
I think we can figure out some around the clock care with enough volunteers. I dread the thought of what he might do left unto his own devices. *shiver*

You don't need the crop, I'm a well behaved donkey!! Honest. :p

oooo - I don't think you have been trained to receive a new handler. A good horsewoman never uses a crop to punish, it is a signal to guide. Equines are physical creatures and therefore respond to physical commands. A voice alone does not service a horse's needs. But a gentle coo and a comforting tap on the shoulder is the perfect communication, especially when a new relationship is being established. A donkey, because of their standard temperament, needs more physical encouragement. ;)

Last edited:
I'm assuming that he has been trained in leg cues? As in opposite leg pressures or are English donkeys trained differently?

oooo - I don't think you have been trained to receive a new handler. A good horsewoman never uses a crop to punish, it is a signal to guide. Equines are physical creatures and therefore respond to physical commands. A voice alone does not service a horse's needs. But a gentle coo and a comforting tap on the shoulder is the perfect communication, especially when a new relationship is being established. A donkey, because of their standard temperament, needs more physical encouragement. ;)

I'm assuming that he has been trained in leg cues? As in opposite leg pressures or are English donkeys trained differently?

These are all excellent points! I'm sure I have been mistreating him, and so your more tender caring may make him wary. But don't dismiss or give up on him so easily. He gives good ride when on the promise of a dangling carrot :D

OW- I have no idea what leg cues are, but he does respond to a swift kick up the arse, if that is any help?? :eek:

I have minimal access to mini horses

He enjoys a aggressive rub down To and excited

Back on the farm in good ole Kansas, we had a saying about donkeys, something about dangling a carrot in front of them will keep them pacified but putting a crop to the arse will keep them stubborn. And the best donkeys are the ones you can talk to of course!

I was always told that donkeys are most sweet and cooperative creatures once you have their attention.

It's getting their attention that requires smacking them over the head with an axe handle.

Haha, well I know I've got people to take care of me whilst Tal's away. Some sort of Lit Home Care help. :p

Back