How To Get To Heaven When You Die

DO YOU ACCEPT JESUS GIFT OF SALVATION BELIEVING HE DIED N ROSE AGAIN FOR YOUR SINS?

• YES

Votes: 48 16.4%
  • NO

Votes: 148 50.5%
  • I ALREADY ACCEPTED JESUS GIFT OF SALVATION BEFORE

Votes: 62 21.2%
  • OTHER

Votes: 35 11.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have yet to hear any religious person make a case for why their religion is the correct one without using a claim that adherents of other religions can also make with the same amount of evidence.

So its hard to believe that one of them is right and all the others wrong. Occam's Razor suggest they are all equally fictional.

But I'm open minded. Give me evidence and you might change my mind.

I have yet to hear any religious person make a case for why their religion is the correct one without using a claim that adherents of other religions can also make with the same amount of evidence.

So its hard to believe that one of them is right and all the others wrong. Occam's Razor suggest they are all equally fictional.

But I'm open minded. Give me evidence and you might change my mind.

The Resurrection of Jesus Christ is the central event that proves that Christianity is the only correct religion. Mohammad, Buddha and the rest are still in the grave and none of them claimed to be God in the flesh. Jesus is the only one who was able to perform miracles, fulfill hundreds of prophecies written hundreds of years before His birth, predict His own death, burial and resurrection and then die and rise again. Jesus claimed to be God and backed it up with His miracles.

The Resurrection of Jesus Christ is the central event that proves that Christianity is the only correct religion. Mohammad, Buddha and the rest are still in the grave and none of them claimed to be God in the flesh. Jesus is the only one who was able to perform miracles, fulfill hundreds of prophecies written hundreds of years before His birth, predict His own death, burial and resurrection and then die and rise again. Jesus claimed to be God and backed it up with His miracles.

But ressurection predates Christ.

Odin is the chief god of Norse mythology, who gained great wisdom by undergoing several trials. In order to achieve knowledge from beyond the realm of the dead, Odin decided to sacrifice himself. He took a spear and drove it into his side. Then he tied a noose to the world-tree Yggdrasil, and hanged himself for nine days.It was after this sacrifice that Odin returned, stronger than ever.

Osiris was not originally a god in his own right, but was at least partially divine—and while on his path to godhood, Osiris would die and return to life at least twice.

Too old? How about one from a faith that, whilst predating Christianity, still exists in considerable strength today? Krishna is an incarnation of the god Vishnu. The form of Krishna allowed the god to better understand his creation and interact with his people. After many adventures, wars, and explorations of the nature of the universe, Krishna attends a festival. At this festival conflict breaks out and Krishna retires to a wood to meditate. While he is contemplating under a tree, a hunter mistakes him for a deer and fatally wounds him with an arrow. Krishna dies and his body burned, but, being a god, he does not decay and instead ascends to heaven.

And as for Miracles, there are plenty of accounts of miracles in the lives of the Buddha, and Krishna, and Guru Nanak (the founder of Sikhism).

So I say once again - I have yet to hear any religious person make a case for why their religion is the correct one without using a claim that adherents of other religions can also make with the same amount of evidence.

So I say once again - I have yet to hear any religious person make a case for why their religion is the correct one without using a claim that adherents of other religions can also make with the same amount of evidence.

That is because you are wanting me to produce Jesus, or someone else to show you Mohammed or Buddha. You want 100% proof. We don't even require 100% proof in our criminal system when we send someone to death row. We require evidence beyond a reasonable doubt. That is what everyone has to do. Look at the evidence and decide. There will always be a point though when you have to have faith. That need for faith is what bothers people.

That is because you are wanting me to produce Jesus, or someone else to show you Mohammed or Buddha. You want 100% proof. We don't even require 100% proof in our criminal system when we send someone to death row. We require evidence beyond a reasonable doubt. That is what everyone has to do. Look at the evidence and decide. There will always be a point though when you have to have faith. That need for faith is what bothers people.
Jesus rose from the dead and ascended into Heaven with his body, robes and all. Who else has ever done that?

Where are the people that Jesus raised from the dead? Are they still around here somewhere? We have pretty thorough records of everyone alive today. We have tallies of the total population, and we know who the current oldest living inhabitants are. Lazarus clearly is no longer alive, despite being resurrected by Jesus.

So when you talk about evidence of eternal life and Heaven, what exactly is there?

But ressurection predates Christ.

Odin is the chief god of Norse mythology, who gained great wisdom by undergoing several trials. In order to achieve knowledge from beyond the realm of the dead, Odin decided to sacrifice himself. He took a spear and drove it into his side. Then he tied a noose to the world-tree Yggdrasil, and hanged himself for nine days.It was after this sacrifice that Odin returned, stronger than ever.

Osiris was not originally a god in his own right, but was at least partially divine—and while on his path to godhood, Osiris would die and return to life at least twice.

Too old? How about one from a faith that, whilst predating Christianity, still exists in considerable strength today? Krishna is an incarnation of the god Vishnu. The form of Krishna allowed the god to better understand his creation and interact with his people. After many adventures, wars, and explorations of the nature of the universe, Krishna attends a festival. At this festival conflict breaks out and Krishna retires to a wood to meditate. While he is contemplating under a tree, a hunter mistakes him for a deer and fatally wounds him with an arrow. Krishna dies and his body burned, but, being a god, he does not decay and instead ascends to heaven.

And as for Miracles, there are plenty of accounts of miracles in the lives of the Buddha, and Krishna, and Guru Nanak (the founder of Sikhism).

Odin and Osiris, were mythological. Christ is supported by actual historical writings. As to your claims above, I would need to see the actual writings. Many times this stuff is made up on thin air like the Horus myth. No one but Jesus performed miracles in front of hundreds of people and claimed to be God. No one but Jesus Christ rose from the dead. They are all still in the grave.

I've been to heaven a few times during my lifetime, but I don't remember being dead before. So I can't answer the original question about how to get to heaven when you die. I guess I would have to answer "NA" to that question.

That is because you are wanting me to produce Jesus, or someone else to show you Mohammed or Buddha. You want 100% proof.

Nope - I mean exactly what I say - give me a claim from your religion to show it is the correct one that somebody following a different religion could not also make.

Miracles? Nope - plenty of religions have those.
Holy text? - Nope, sorry. Again, there are plenty of those.
God incarnated as a human? - Krishna and Rama spring to mind.
Resurrection? - See previous post. And that was just a couple of examples from many possible ones.
Historical Writings? - Mohammad, Buddha and Guru Nanak all have those. In the form of contemporary accounts, too, not stuff written at leat 400 years after their death like Christ.

Heck, the average Christian can't even give me a reason their particular branch of Christianity is the correct one, let alone why their religion is.

Last edited:
Christ is supported by actual historical writings. As to your claims above, I would need to see the actual writings. .

The resurrection story of Inanna and Dumuzi was written down on Clay tablets 2500 years before JC. Those tablets still exist. Usual story, dies, 3 days in the hothouse, then hey presto back to life. In fact contemporary Sumerian writings of their resurrection are far more common than Jesus writings. And in fact not a single eyewitness of JC's life wrote a single word of the NT. It was all written too late to have been produced by any eye witness.

But having said that there has never been a single piece of evidence which supports the mumbo Jumbo of any of resurrection clap trap in any religion. And Xfrodo if you are going to regard Holy writings as evidence remember that the Hindus have 20 times as much as the Christians and it is from much older sources.

The purpose of all resurrection myths is a marketing ploy to convert the gullible to whatever religious nonsense is being peddled.

Jesus rose from the dead and ascended into Heaven with his body, robes and all. Who else has ever done that?

Where are the people that Jesus raised from the dead? Are they still around here somewhere? We have pretty thorough records of everyone alive today. We have tallies of the total population, and we know who the current oldest living inhabitants are. Lazarus clearly is no longer alive, despite being resurrected by Jesus.

So when you talk about evidence of eternal life and Heaven, what exactly is there?

Jesus was the only one resurrected into a glorified body, never to die again.

I think the question of heaven is not answered until a person decides if the bible is the word of God. Clearly I believe that it is.

Nope - I mean exactly what I say - give me a claim from your religion to show it is the correct one that somebody following a different religion could not also make.

Miracles? Nope - plenty of religions have those.
Holy text? - Nope, sorry. Again, there are plenty of those.
God incarnated as a human? - Krishna and Rama spring to mind.
Resurrection? - See previous post. And that was just a couple of examples from many possible ones.
Historical Writings? - Mohammad, Buddha and Guru Nanak all have those. In the form of contemporary accounts, too, not stuff written at leat 400 years after their death like Christ.

Heck, the average Christian can't even give me a reason their particular branch of Christianity is the correct one, let alone why their religion is.

Why do the claims I make about Christianity have to be different than any other religion's claims in every aspect? The claims about Jesus are what is critical. Did he die on the cross to forgive our sins? Was he ressurrected? The best way to deceive people is to stick close enough to the truth to cause doubt. Works doesn't it.

I have never been a real fan of denominations because I think it divides us rather than unites us. Most are Christians because we believe in the claims of the bible about Jesus. I think the rest is just how a person prefers to worship him.

https://youtu.be/BRCHVWEkOU8

Why do the claims I make about Christianity have to be different than any other religion's claims in every aspect? The claims about Jesus are what is critical. Did he die on the cross to forgive our sins? Was he ressurrected? The best way to deceive people is to stick close enough to the truth to cause doubt. Works doesn't it.

I have never been a real fan of denominations because I think it divides us rather than unites us. Most are Christians because we believe in the claims of the bible about Jesus. I think the rest is just how a person prefers to worship him.

https://youtu.be/BRCHVWEkOU8
There are so many different denominations and sects, because they can't agree on the claims of the Bible about Jesus. The Bible is unclear and contradictory in so many ways. Was Jesus a god, a man, or both? Does baptism wash away sins, or can only Jesus do that? What actually happens to bread and wine when it's mumbled over by a priest and digested by a believer? Were all the Mosaic Laws made invalid, as Jesus suggests, or only some of them, as Paul suggests?

The resurrection story of Inanna and Dumuzi was written down on Clay tablets 2500 years before JC. Those tablets still exist. Usual story, dies, 3 days in the hothouse, then hey presto back to life. In fact contemporary Sumerian writings of their resurrection are far more common than Jesus writings. And in fact not a single eyewitness of JC's life wrote a single word of the NT. It was all written too late to have been produced by any eye witness.

But having said that there has never been a single piece of evidence which supports the mumbo Jumbo of any of resurrection clap trap in any religion. And Xfrodo if you are going to regard Holy writings as evidence remember that the Hindus have 20 times as much as the Christians and it is from much older sources.

The purpose of all resurrection myths is a marketing ploy to convert the gullible to whatever religious nonsense is being peddled.

False. If you look at the actual writings, they do not contain those details. Show me a copy of the actual writings saying that, not some guy who says that they say that. Just like the guy who claimed Horus walked on water, died and resurrected in 3 days, had 12 disciples, ect. Then you look at the ACTUAL writings about Horus and NONE of those details are in there. It was all a lie fabricated to try and discredit Jesus Christ.

PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO READ THIS. IT'S THE MOST IMPORTANT THING YOU COULD EVER DO AND IT ONLY TAKES A FEW MINUTES.

ARE YOU 100% SURE THAT IF YOU DIED TODAY THAT YOU WOULD GO TO HEAVEN?

There are some things that you should know:

1. Realize that you are a sinner and in need of a Savior:

Ro 3:23 "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;"

Ro 3:10 "As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:"

It all began with the story of Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden. God created them perfect, there was no death or sorrow. God told them not to eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. They disobeyed God and as a result, sin entered into the world. The pain, which this world sees, is the result of sin.

2. Because of our sins, we die both spiritually and physically, but God sent His Son to die so that you can have a chance not to have to go to hell by accepting what He did on the cross:

Ro 6:23 "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."

Ro 5:8 "But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. for us."

Every person who has ever lived is a sinner and is not righteous because we do bad things. A sin is a crime against God, just as if you steal something at the store; it is punishable by going to jail. It's the same thing with sin. Lying, stealing, sex before marriage, pride, hatred, ect. Are all sins. Hell is a prison for those who commit crimes against God. That’s because you must be perfect in order to get to heaven. No matter how well you live your life from then on, you have already sinned, which will be punished if you are not pardoned. If you commit a crime, and then live as a good citizen you still will go to jail for the crime you committed. Right? Just as the President can pardon a crime so you won't go to jail, Jesus can pardon your sins so that you do not go to hell, and can go to heaven when you die. You won’t have to pay for your own sins because Jesus already did that for you. But if you reject the pardon that He offers, you will have to pay for your own sins by going to hell.

3. If you will confess Jesus Christ is the Lord and in Faith, Believe in your heart that He died and rose again for your sins, you will be saved.

Eph 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Ro 10:9,10 "that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.."

You cannot get to heaven by being a good person, going to church, baptism or any other way other than by turning to Jesus, believing in your heart that He died on the cross and rose from the dead for your sins and placing your Faith in Him. While these are good things to do, some people believe that they will get to heaven, but the bible says that there is only one way to heaven and that is through trusting in what Jesus Christ did on the cross for you in faith.

Will you do that today? If you will, you can be 100% sure that you will go to heaven when you die.

DO YOU BELIEVE THAT JESUS CHRIST DIED ON THE CROSS AND ROSE FROM THE DEAD FOR YOUR SINS? ARE YOU WILLING TO PLACE YOUR FAITH IN HIM FOR SALVATION?

Heb 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.

4. If you want to accept Jesus free gift of salvation, or if you have any doubts about whether or not you are going to heaven, you could place your faith in Jesus Christ for salvation by praying this simple prayer:

”Dear Lord Jesus I believe that You are the Lord and believe in my heart that You died on the Cross and Rose from the dead for my sins. I place my Faith in You as Lord of my life, Please save me and I thank You for it, in Jesus holy name, Amen.”

If you have placed your faith in Christ for salvation, you are now a child of God and will go to heaven. Now that you are on your way to heaven, you should attend a bible believing church and follow in baptism.
Its obvious I'm going to he'll then,least it won't be cold

False. If you look at the actual writings, they do not contain those details. Show me a copy of the actual writings saying that, not some guy who says that they say that. Just like the guy who claimed Horus walked on water, died and resurrected in 3 days, had 12 disciples, ect. Then you look at the ACTUAL writings about Horus and NONE of those details are in there. It was all a lie fabricated to try and discredit Jesus Christ.
Show me the actual stone tablets of Moses.

phrodeau said:
The resurrection story of Inanna and Dumuzi was written down on Clay tablets 2500 years before JC. Those tablets still exist.

False. Show me a copy of the actual writings saying that, .

Here you go:

800px-Ishtar_descent_to_the_Underworld_BM_ME_K.162.jpg

If you want to look at the original, you'll have to visit The British Museum in London.

There are so many different denominations and sects, because they can't agree on the claims of the Bible about Jesus. The Bible is unclear and contradictory in so many ways. Was Jesus a god, a man, or both? Does baptism wash away sins, or can only Jesus do that? What actually happens to bread and wine when it's mumbled over by a priest and digested by a believer? Were all the Mosaic Laws made invalid, as Jesus suggests, or only some of them, as Paul suggests?

This reminds me of the Life of Brian. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back