So much winning, for Russia!

gotsnowgotslush

skates like Eck
Joined
Dec 24, 2007
Posts
25,720
So much winning, for Russia!

Yes, I am tired of so much winning, for Russia.

When Trump said "We're going to win so much. You're going to get tired of winning. you’re going to say, ‘Please Mr. President, I have a headache. Please, don't win so much. This is getting terrible.’ And I'm going to say, ‘No, we have to make America great again.’ You're gonna say, ‘Please’ I said, ‘Nope, nope. We're gonna keep winning.’

Trump never gives the punchline. Leaves the public in the dark, about what the joke is about.

But, mostly, his jokes are about the contempt he holds for every human being, that is not him or Putin.
 
Why do I have this horrible feeling, that Trump will hand the next president an America that is about to plummet over a precipice ? Just as George W. Bush handed the Oval office over to President Obama, after Wall Street and financial corporations gutted the wealth of nations.

We had so many resources stored up, when President Obama was given the task of pulling America from the brink. But, everything is different now. Trump has raided the storehouse, and ravaged the resources.

The resources will not be there, when we need them.

Russia's billionaires and trillionaires are loyal to Russia and Putin. Are America's billionaires and trillionaires loyal to Russia, too ?
 
Russia's billionaires and trillionaires are loyal to Russia and Putin. Are America's billionaires and trillionaires loyal to Russia, too ?

Not so fast and easy, things always look more beautiful at a distance.

Putin is KGB operative and member of St.Peterborough mob. Neither of those structures recognise 'former member' status. Russia is effectively ruled by mob, and most, if not all, of those guys are members. They didn't earn their wealth by any merit but by fraud or got it handled to them in intentionally unfair privatisation process. Dissent among them is punished by death, basically. Aggressive overtaking and redistribution of assets may be used as a warning. Even then, loyalty is very relative, power struggles are constant. Putin leads a hard game of balance in essentially lawless environment. Among the people who stands behind him, he is remarkably rational and even very liberal by comparison.
 
Last edited:
Odd story about Putin

August 10, 2018

ON ALPERT: Well, it was a little bit humiliating, because President Putin stacked his team with all of the greatest hockey players in Russian history and the opposition was guys like me. So I think we lost 11-5.

AMY GOODMAN: And what was it like meeting Putin?

JON ALPERT: Well, before the game, somebody skated up to me and they said, “Jon, you know what the rules are, don’t you?” And the rules are that you don’t check President Putin. So we were at a little bit of a disadvantage, meaning—

AMY GOODMAN: Meaning you don’t hit him?

JON ALPERT: Yes, you don’t hit him.

AMY GOODMAN: You don’t body block him.

JON ALPERT: Correct, correct. But I’m the only American that has ever played hockey against him, and I think we’ve seen that sports is a way of bringing people together. Ping-pong diplomacy. The first cultural ambassador of the United States sent to Japan after World War II was Babe Ruth. And you can bridge gaps with sports, just as you can bridge gaps with film.

AMY GOODMAN: Your assessment of Putin as a hockey player?

JON ALPERT: I’ve actually challenged him to a one-on-one game, he knows it and I’m waiting for him to come on the ice with me.

AMY GOODMAN: When he comes here for the summit with Trump?

JON ALPERT: Either there, or anywhere he wants.

AMY GOODMAN: Maybe you can do it on Trump’s ice rink in Central Park.

JON ALPERT: In Wollman Park? That’s a really good idea. I’m going to suggest it to him.


https://www.democracynow.org/2018/8/10/all_for_one_us_and_russian
 
Back
Top