Post session .....

SalvDali

Really Really Experienced
So this weekend we got our new bed and my parents have our kids. Last night was pretty much kinky vanilla. Tonight we had our first session in a while and probably our best. We broke in some new toys including a riding crop and a butt plug.

So here i am an hour and a half later wide the hell awake. I am not the least bit sleepy and I am normally in bed by now. She is usually not a cuddler but afterwards tonight she crawled up beside me and snuggled up and went to sleep with her head on my chest.

I hope the rush goes away soon so that I can sleep. Anyone else have this issue afterwards?

So this weekend we got our new bed and my parents have our kids. Last night was pretty much kinky vanilla. Tonight we had our first session in a while and probably our best. We broke in some new toys including a riding crop and a butt plug.

So here i am an hour and a half later wide the hell awake. I am not the least bit sleepy and I am normally in bed by now. She is usually not a cuddler but afterwards tonight she crawled up beside me and snuggled up and went to sleep with her head on my chest.

I hope the rush goes away soon so that I can sleep. Anyone else have this issue afterwards?

Must be the adrenaline keeping you awake.
Try to wind down with a little meditation and herbal tea :rose:

the snuggles afterwards sound beautiful.

Yay for you guys!! Fun.

After an intense time, I tend to get really hyper. I do not want to snuggle right away. We ended up playing earlier in the evening, sometimes in the afternoon to take advantage of the adrenaline rush. By bedtime I'd be wiped out. I did find that the next day I'd be really slow and emotionally distant.

Did you get to sleep? I'm curious how you'll feel tomorrow.

Am glad you both had fun.

Finally fell asleep a bit after 2 am. Slept soooooo hard. Feel GREAT this morning !!!! We just ate breakfast and did some cleaning. time to sit and relax for a few minutes before we go retrieve our children lol.

Any time I give a good beating at night it takes a while for me to fall asleep. All that increased blood flow and adrenaline keeps me up, so to speak.

Happened to me once. Really really intense night in front of a lot of people and I could not sleep a bit.

Yea was definatley some adrenaline pumping. We are now fans of the crop. I never expected for her to beg me to hit her harder. It was quite a journey. I will however think about what time i have to get up the following day when we plan to play again. Luckily today i had time to sleep in lol

Glad you got sleep... and so glad it was a good time for both of you! :cattail:

It could be a version of dom drop. It's the opposite of sub space/drop, but it also happens after an intense session.

A submissive can sometimes have an intense need to feel loved...shivering and the need for a blanket and the warm loving arms of her dominant to make her feel secure.

Dom drop is very different. An intense high can be felt, because during the session the dom is in charge of the scene, in control of the safety of his submissive. This can be a tall order. While the scene is ongoing, this feeling isn't really felt as there are so many other things going on.

But, once the session is over, it's not easy for this "in charge" feeling to just turn off. In most people, it's not a bad feeling, but it's mostly adrenaline that's built up in the body that has nowhere to go.

Some people like to make sure they have an intense orgasm after an intense session, but sometimes it doesn't always happen. I know I can get enough satisfaction from knowing that my submissive achieved an intense orgasm. While I didn't cum myself, I have a similar satisfying feeling flowing over me.

No, it's not the same as a physical orgasm, but it can sometimes take the place of one. But, it does not release that adrenaline, so that high from the session is still there.

Dealing with this is different for everybody. Sometimes you can plan for a talk after an intense session, sort of an after talk, where the partners can discuss what they enjoyed and why. This can allow the body to slowly release the adrenaline, as just talking out what was enjoyed can be a slow, yet satisfying release.

Trying to sleep right after an intense session can be difficult. You just don't turn your feelings off with a switch. And sometimes just knowing why you feel the way you do is enough.

I've found an intense orgasm after an intense session can do a lot in releasing that built up adrenaline. This isn't always possible, depending on your session. And if the session was particularly intense, even that might not be enough for a release.

Just know that as long as your submissive is happy with the result, and you also don't feel bad in any way about the session, this feeling is a healthy one. And maybe with some experience, these feelings will go away faster or you'll find a way to deal with them.

You can find things to read about dom drop and possible ways to deal with it, but many experts don't feel it's a thing. While sub drop can be a very big thing for some people, with symptoms that need assistance and nurturing, dom drop can sometimes just be considered a "job well done" feeling.

It could be a version of dom drop. It's the opposite of sub space/drop, but it also happens after an intense session.

A submissive can sometimes have an intense need to feel loved...shivering and the need for a blanket and the warm loving arms of her dominant to make her feel secure.

Dom drop is very different. An intense high can be felt, because during the session the dom is in charge of the scene, in control of the safety of his submissive. This can be a tall order. While the scene is ongoing, this feeling isn't really felt as there are so many other things going on.

But, once the session is over, it's not easy for this "in charge" feeling to just turn off. In most people, it's not a bad feeling, but it's mostly adrenaline that's built up in the body that has nowhere to go.

Some people like to make sure they have an intense orgasm after an intense session, but sometimes it doesn't always happen. I know I can get enough satisfaction from knowing that my submissive achieved an intense orgasm. While I didn't cum myself, I have a similar satisfying feeling flowing over me.

No, it's not the same as a physical orgasm, but it can sometimes take the place of one. But, it does not release that adrenaline, so that high from the session is still there.

Dealing with this is different for everybody. Sometimes you can plan for a talk after an intense session, sort of an after talk, where the partners can discuss what they enjoyed and why. This can allow the body to slowly release the adrenaline, as just talking out what was enjoyed can be a slow, yet satisfying release.

Trying to sleep right after an intense session can be difficult. You just don't turn your feelings off with a switch. And sometimes just knowing why you feel the way you do is enough.

I've found an intense orgasm after an intense session can do a lot in releasing that built up adrenaline. This isn't always possible, depending on your session. And if the session was particularly intense, even that might not be enough for a release.

Just know that as long as your submissive is happy with the result, and you also don't feel bad in any way about the session, this feeling is a healthy one. And maybe with some experience, these feelings will go away faster or you'll find a way to deal with them.

You can find things to read about dom drop and possible ways to deal with it, but many experts don't feel it's a thing. While sub drop can be a very big thing for some people, with symptoms that need assistance and nurturing, dom drop can sometimes just be considered a "job well done" feeling.

Thanks for the info.. I read quite a bit about sub drop early on after reading some disturbing posts about it. I wanted to be prepared. I failed to research my own side effects.

The sub drop shaking afterwards was definitely an issue this time but it lasted maybe less than a minute. She simply curled up on me and went to sleep.

I suffer from insomnia already so to combination was just unexpected. Now that I have experienced it I know I need to give myself a wind down period. If she tends to react the way she did after this session I think talking will not be an option. I just hate to lie in bed unable to sleep and I had already taken my sleeping meds...

This isn't something I often experience - although I do feel very awake and energetic and restless after playing. This, I think, is countered by the sleepy hormones from coming, which usually happens at least once toward the end of a session, and makes for a neat conclusion to the whole thing.

I think that, were I just to play with someone without sleeping with them or otherwise getting off, I would have trouble sleeping afterwards.

Back