The "Fuck you cancer!" thread

The week was hell.

Talked to my grown children, told them I was thinking of not taking treatment.

Tears, rants, pleas, and finally a little voice, "Watch me grandma, watch me" My two year old grandbaby. How can I not watch that sweet little love grow into a wonderful adult?

Best part was my son-in-law

SIL: Mom, you've always put on the gloves and come out swinging, this time let's go MMA on the fuckers ass. Take it out with spinning back kicks, elbows,knees and finish it with a rear naked choke!

Yup, I do love me some MMA

So once more into the mix I go...

Yup, go spinning back kicks!

I just wanted to let everyone know that SW went to the ER early yesterday morning. He has been in a lot of pain and has been pretty doped up since yesterday evening. They transported him this afternoon to a VA hospital about 170 miles from here. I am waiting to hear what they decide before I go up there.

I don't know when he will be able to get on here. He is in good hands so please don't worry, but I know he would appreciate everyone's antennas, good thoughts and prayers. Thank you so much! :rose:

You got it, both of you!

I just wanted to let everyone know that SW went to the ER early yesterday morning. He has been in a lot of pain and has been pretty doped up since yesterday evening. They transported him this afternoon to a VA hospital about 170 miles from here. I am waiting to hear what they decide before I go up there.

I don't know when he will be able to get on here. He is in good hands so please don't worry, but I know he would appreciate everyone's antennas, good thoughts and prayers. Thank you so much! :rose:

So sorry to hear this YK! Please pass along my good wishes and PLEASE give yourself some hugs while you're at it. Take care of yourself. :rose:

Best wishes to all.

My wife Leigh81 here on Lit went for her final ct scan yesterday and had her final mri 2 weeks ago. Next Thursday we go in to get her results hoping the cancer is gone. She went through 35 radiation treatments and two chemo's on her lymph nodes in her neck. 90% chance they say it'll be positive news.
She is so brave and strong. They gave her a recovery time of nine to twelve months after radiation. Three months after she's in the gym with a personal trainer to her team of doctors amazement. She is my hero!!!

Thanks for checking in. I remember seeing your wife around and am glad to hear she's feeling well enough to work out. May she continue to amaze!

So sorry to hear this YK! Please pass along my good wishes and PLEASE give yourself some hugs while you're at it. Take care of yourself. :rose:

K!

Glad I logged on - ditto to this and please pass along some virtual hugs from me too!

The week was hell.

Talked to my grown children, told them I was thinking of not taking treatment.

Tears, rants, pleas, and finally a little voice, "Watch me grandma, watch me" My two year old grandbaby. How can I not watch that sweet little love grow into a wonderful adult?

Best part was my son-in-law

SIL: Mom, you've always put on the gloves and come out swinging, this time let's go MMA on the fuckers ass. Take it out with spinning back kicks, elbows,knees and finish it with a rear naked choke!

Yup, I do love me some MMA

So once more into the mix I go...

I am fond of your son-in-law.

I dont frequent this thread much because it reminds me of 3 very dear people I lost to cancer. That is why I just saw this...... so sorry and hoping he is getting better and will be back soon.

I'll give hugs.

And medicine: for those of you who've never watched Coach Jim Valvano's "Never Give Up" speech and need a shot of FYC inspiration and power, I urge you to. And you might even benefit from a few tears.

"Cancer can take away all of my physical abilities.
It cannot touch my mind, it cannot touch my heart, and it cannot touch my soul."

Still amazing.

Last edited:
Big hugs to YK, the antenna is pointing to America and is turned up to 11.
SW, I'm thinking of you, keep on fighting the evil cell fucker!

Redslady, I too am very fond of your son in law! Sending you fighting spirit and lots of love!

Leigh!!! WTG!!! You kicked arse, that makes me smile xxx

MWY hope your journey is progressing with fewer bumps xxx

My friend is deteriorating rather too fast. Radiotherapy starts next week for the brain tumour (that she has named Boris) if it doesn't shrink, there will be no chemo for the lung.

Did you see Stuart Scott's speach at the ESPYS this year? Another very moving speech. Had me in tears.

I heard about that and went looking for it before running across Jimmy V's speech again. Thanks for the reminder- I've gotta see it!

I dont frequent this thread much because it reminds me of 3 very dear people I lost to cancer. That is why I just saw this...... so sorry and hoping he is getting better and will be back soon.
Me, too.

I'll give hugs.

And medicine: for those of you who've never watched Coach Jim Valvano's "Never Give Up" speech and need a shot of FYC inspiration and power, I urge you to. And you might even benefit from a few tears.

"Cancer can take away all of my physical abilities.
It cannot touch my mind, it cannot touch my heart, and it cannot touch my soul."

Still amazing.

Perhaps C can't take away your mind, but the damned poisons I'm receiving to fend it off are doing their best to try. I get maybe one cogent day per week these days. All the rest I find it wisest to simply not even try to do meaningful thinking work.

Perhaps C can't take away your mind, but the damned poisons I'm receiving to fend it off are doing their best to try. I get maybe one cogent day per week these days. All the rest I find it wisest to simply not even try to do meaningful thinking work.

Huge hugs xx

I'm so sorry this is happening to you,Yank. Your antenna is powered full-up and unbelievably overclocked. My eternal best wishes to one of the posters here I admire and respect most.

Back