The last person to post here wins again . . .

I fell asleep way too early and now I'm awake way too early. Viscous circle is ya ask me. :cool:

"Wompwompwompwompwomp
Pfffffffstttzzzz tringgg
Mmmmm, hamburgers'!"
-example of what goes on in my head when I try to think of what to write.

On that note, I had a dream about trying to order breakfast and the guy kept on confusing the combo offers and I finally just took coffee and left angrily.

With all the rain, I'm doing as few errands as possible and then I'm planning they for between storms. :rolleyes:

Today is cooler than the first part of the week. Plus, the rent was due. ;)

With all the rain, I'm doing as few errands as possible and then I'm planning they for between storms. :rolleyes:

According to our News bulletins, the river Seine is 6 metres above normal, and the museums at the riverside are closing, so they can move the stuff in the basement up a good bit higher.

Today is cooler than the first part of the week. Plus, the rent was due. ;)

We've had a nice warm day; I didn't catch any fish, but the weather was very pleasant.
:rose::rose:

According to our News bulletins, the river Seine is 6 metres above normal, and the museums at the riverside are closing, so they can move the stuff in the basement up a good bit higher.

6 Meters, that like 18 feet right.

The Brazos river is at an all time high of 54 feet. Some areas in northwest Houston were reporting 4 inches of rain in 15 minutes yesterday. They have declared 5 counties disaster areas from flooding.

I wonder if the wet conditions are what's keeping people away from the French Tennis Open this week. The stands looked deserted even through the semifinals.

I went over the mountain this evening to an art opening--rained buckets on this side of the mountain but it was dry in the Shenandoah Valley.

The Brazos river is at an all time high of 54 feet. Some areas in northwest Houston were reporting 4 inches of rain in 15 minutes yesterday. They have declared 5 counties disaster areas from flooding.

All my clients in Texas are probably happy now because their subdivisions and their rice fields have all the water they need. I have an old friend -- who I haven't talked to in a while -- who has a home on Lake Travis. When last we talked the lake was so low that the "hidden islands" were above water. Now I guess they're gone.

All my clients in Texas are probably happy now because their subdivisions and their rice fields have all the water they need. I have an old friend -- who I haven't talked to in a while -- who has a home on Lake Travis. When last we talked the lake was so low that the "hidden islands" were above water. Now I guess they're gone.

Before the Memorial day flooding last year Lake Travis was 35 feet low. It has been full and over full as of two months ago.

Today should be the last of the heavy rain for a few days.

Coffee on the right, water wings on the left.

Unmitigated sunshine here, and we're finally getting up to our usual summertime temperatures -- mid 90's.

The gardening chores are starting to wane and there's not a grasshopper in sight (yet). The calla lilies are getting ready to flower for the first time ever and the dahlias are budding.

Hmmm. The Spaniards seem to be "doing it" to the Americans at the French Tennis Open.

Unmitigated sunshine here, and we're finally getting up to our usual summertime temperatures -- mid 90's.

The gardening chores are starting to wane and there's not a grasshopper in sight (yet). The calla lilies are getting ready to flower for the first time ever and the dahlias are budding.

My Rose thing has started to emit some serious-sized buds.
Rather to my amazement

Lovely ladies in skimpy sun dresses are a perk of our summer weather. I so miss them during the winter.

Back