Searching for Legends {closed for FireyIce}

Asa

Writer...Dream...Fantasy
Joined
Jun 9, 2003
Posts
36,439
tumblr_mv44ve2GvN1risr9ko1_1280.png


She carried a secret far from human yet she lived among them. The war of the black kings had presumably wiped out all of the were creatures vampires and most of if not all of the other known supernatural races. Those that were left in hiding had learned to adapt or evolve so that travel within the human worlds was easier.

The Black Kings had been brothers archaic heads of the supernatural realms but their dire hatred of each other had caused them to destroy themselves and nearly wipe out all of their own kinds much to the human's dismay. Human aid was not permitted in the great war. Problems within the ranks of the races remained there with no outside interference. Now the humans were left to simply reminisce those they suspected were lost forever.

There were however those who were mortal born of the supernatural beings. They had always been the bridge between the ancient races and the humans... now... those that knew their birthright of half supernatural blood. One such Halfbreed did not believe that all of the supernatural were dead... a Nomad... a wanderer... He searched for clues and signs of any supernatural beings still alive.

tumblr_n59aazBWSt1txnmcao1_1280.jpg


~~~~~~~~

Eden Selene... she was in many ways an enigma but well protected by those neighbors who knew here well in the little condo neighborhood. Eden had a secret and those select few neighbors helped her keep it and watched over her. Eden's secret was... she was not entirely human in fact

tumblr_mtj3aqpCny1snddnjo1_500.jpg


She was a survivor of the war of the Black Kings. She suspected the last of the felines as they had been less than willing to lend their battle prowess to either side so both were more than willing to hunt them down in the course of battle and conquest. The brother kings raven haired with even blacker souls in their hatred of each other. Neither of them were pure shifter nor vampire but mortal born twins of the union of both.

Eden now found herself in the safety of this little development in one of the once great cities of the Supernatural races. Darrennox city was nearly closed off to the rest of the country with mountains nearly completely surrounding it that only the most determined traveler might accept the challenge to climb. The mountains to the north nearly impossible with the mountain to the east or south the better path to enter the city if anyone even remembered it.

Eden busied herself singing at a local club owned by one of her fellow forgotten races. Steele was a vampire and the owner of the main club in town. He knew Eden's secret as well as several others still surviving and hiding out in the ancient town. Over the years several humans have found their way here or grew up here and many know the remaining supernaturals still living their lives there in town.
 
Tobin Wells had always felt like he was different, though for the longest time he couldn't figure out why. It wasn't until he was almost twenty that he found out he was indeed supernatural. He figured that his ability to do so well in studying the sciences that he hadn't considered the fact that he might actually be a halfbred. It wasn't until one day that he found out he could manipulate the elements with his mind. Ever since then he had been trying to figure out the truth, roaming the land with much determination.

It wasn't until the beginning of spring before he heard rumors of the town of Darrennox and that there were other mortals that were halfbreeds which resided there. He figured that he would start to voyage from the south of the mountains, hoping that he had enough supplies to find the place without giving himself away.
 
The southern mountain range was one of the easier to pass through but that was not saying much with the fact that the "roads" were little more than old dirt and gravel "ox cart" trails and service roads to small long abandoned energy stations scattered through the mountains. There were also scattered little farms left to grow wild or intentionally left that way by others who have tried to make the trip long ago.

Eden was behind the bar talking stock with Steele when one of the "ancients" of the town walked in. He appeared to be at least 80 years of age though Steele knew better than to assume he was that young.

The night fires hiss of change and darkness. The darkness and the change though appear to be two different topics... The town should prepare.

Steele looked over

Daemon you old relic what are you ranting about?

Daemon called him off to the side and told him what he had said and probably more as Eden just shrugged and and called for more stock for the bar and the kitchen. Looking up only when Steele walked back over and lifting a brow.

Whats Daemon's "talking candles" told him this time?

In a nutshell... change is coming and so is the darkness... he suspects that the darkness means the black kings are back or something from their reign is coming back. I was there at their executions they are dead there is no coming back from what the great serpent did to them.

Steele shrugged...

And before you say it Eden I know he is seldom if ever wrong but still what he thinks the darkness means can't be there is no possible way...

He paused as if thinking shrugging and walking back to his office.
 
It took several long hours, but Tobin had finally made some progress hiking up the southern pass mountain range. He could see the faint outline of Darrennox which only fueled his desire some more. He continued to press forward, trying to figure out more of what makes him so special.
 
The bar was open as well as a couple of diners and lights over near the bay that filled the west side of Darrennox. The club was very centrally located in the city and clearly open for business and quite active.
 
A few more hours passed as Tobin finally made his way to the edge of the town. He was feeling very famished and headed to the bar to get some food and something to drink. He could feel a strange presence as he went deeper into town. As he approached the bar he was wondering who would he would be able to ask. He took at seat at the bar, looking around while waiting for someone to offer him a drink.
 
Some moved giving lots of space to the foreigner while Eden walked over.

New here... Whats your poison?

All business but there was a bit of a smile there as she watched him carefully. Steele stood back in the corner of the bar scanning the area but clearly noting the new guy as well.
3.jpg
 
"I'll take some beer please," Tobin said as he looked at Eden. "It's been a very long journey for me," he told her. "I'm hoping that this is Darrennox," he said. "If so I'm looking for someone that can give me some information."

He waited for his drink to arrive. He had never been surrounded by so many people. It seemed as if he could feel there energy and could almost tell that some of them were just as mystical as he was. As he looked around he could tell that most of the people were looking at him. Hopefully there wasn't going to be any issues with some of the questions that he was asking.
 
Eden went and grabbed him a beer and set it down in front of him.

What sort of questions? Not too many people around here are too talkative especially with someone they don't know. Ask at ya own risk...

With that she moved over to the owner and talked with him seeming to be talking business as she pointed out a few things around the bar and behind the bar to him.
 
He took a drink and then set it back down as he tried to quench his thirst. "I was told that there are people here that could help me find out if I have magical powers or not," he said looking over towards Eden. "I thought I was just really good at science but lately it seems like I can control some of the elements," he stated. Tobin figured he was already getting a lot of strange looks so he figured why to hold anything back with his questions.
 
The old man moved surprisingly quick from the other end of the bar and grabbed the stranger and moved again with surprising speed for his apparent age grabbing Steele on the way and vanishing into the back of the club. Letting go of them he tried to close the door before she could get in there too. trying to slam the door it met firm resistance as she shoved it back open and walked in closing it herself. The old man clearly sniffed the air around them then snorted...


Halfbreed... so boy what do you know already and who the hell told you about Darrennox?

Steele growled.

Be nice to our guest Daemon... Combative security is her job not yours. Forgive him he distrusts outsiders who know more than they should. I am Steele... you have met Daemon and in a way have already met Eden and you would be?
 
"My name is Tobin," he said with a sense of fright. "I did some research and looked in the libraries and decided to see if some of these places that are spoken of as being a legend would possibly exist. I found a few towns and each one told me that the city of Darronnox would have more answers," he explained as he felt the old man loosen his grip a bit.

"I don't know what you mean by halfbreed," he said with a quizzical look. "All I know is that a year ago I somehow managed to melt some snow with no matches or anything," he said. "All I'm looking for is answers, not trouble."
 
Daemon snorted...

Halfbreed... it means one of your parents was not like the other beyond just their gender.

Steele again shooting Daemon a warning look.

Daemon is correct the fact that you speak of manipulating elements is interesting though... Eden... bring me a candle from the bar.

Eden nodded and walked out returning moments later while Steele continued to talk.

If what you say is true and with your apparent age... one of the elementals survived... at least for a time. Normally an elemental even a half breed can only manipulate one element each offspring harnessing a different element.

Ember set the candle down as Steele motioned for Tobin to try to light it on his own.
 
Tobin tried to relax as he was finally let go. He watched as the candle was brought over. "Um, Ok, just give me a minute," he said a bit nervous. It took quite a bit of concentration but after a minute of holding his hand out towards the candle, it started to light the candle from a distance. "See?" he said as they all watched. "And from what I read and heard, there's suppose to be people here that can help me with these powers."
 
Steele looked at the candle.

fire control or at lest heat... interesting. What do you remember of your parents?

Daemon hissed slightly at the flames till Eden pinched out the flame. Her curiosity was raised as she watched more Steele than the stranger curious what he was thinking.
 
Tobin looked over at Steel. "Just the normal stuff," he said. "They never showed any signs of being different. I guess if one of them was supernatural they didn't want to let me or the other know," he told him.

Without any warning Tobin felt his other hand start to shake and shoot out a gust of cold air, just like ice, towards the candle. "Holy shit!" he exclaimed. "I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to do that, I didn't even know that I could," he said with a shocked look on his face.
 
More than one element... not possible

Daemon snorted as Steele raised a brow...

Unless.... Tobin... was your mothers name Talia or Lorelei or perhaps your fathers name Morgan? Or perhaps a grandparents name?

Daemon blinked looking at Steele...

You really don't think one of those three survived?

That is the only way he could wield more than one element that I know of unless you know of any others?

Daemon shook his head no and sniffed again studying Tobin even more. Eden tensed a little as well awaiting his answer.
 
"My mother's name was Laurel. Is it possible she only wanted to use part of her name to avoid suspicion?" he asked as he looked around. He could feel the tension in the room. "Is it possible to get a drink, please?" he inquired as they were talking. "One of what three?" he asked as he overheard them talk.
 
Daemon perked up...

Morgan had a daughter named Laurellyn. His youngest... she was the only one who technically not a dark or night powered elementalis. Red brown hair with an almost silvery mist to it?

Steele raised a brow he had only known of the twin son and daughter and the eldest son.

Interesting... As for the three... they were for lack of any better explanation... the grandchildren of the ones the humans call Gaia. There were technically four but the youngest was a birth of purpose... predestined to sacrifice himself at a fairly young age. The three married into various races. Morgan was at first married to a being of dreams and shadows. She was killed their son survived hating his father for many years till his powers activated without anyone around to help him and... well it wasn't pretty. His mother's people told him to seek out his father and learn before his powers wiped out a city or realm.

Eden finally spoke...

The ghost could help us figure him out though if it was a child of Morgan who was his mother either she held no powers or betrayed their family and did not teach him... I don't trust this.
 
"What about a ghost?" he asked looking a bit nervous. "How will I find out if I'm related to this Morgan?" he asked as he looked over at Eden. He was starting to regret coming here not knowing fully who these people they were talking about.
 
Don't worry she is harmless. She will simply read the supernatural signature from you back through your bloodline and if she is able she will find the origin of the supernatural line and what kind.

Steele rattled off as he looked to Eden with a cold "back off" look which seemed to only elicit a very feline snarl.
 
"Well, ok," Tobin said. "Where is this ghost at?" he asked not realizing how crazy the question had sounded until after he asked it. "Are there a lot of halfbreeds that still exist out here?" He watched as Eden and Steele give each other a small glance.
 
Old mansion hidden in the northern mountain range. Eden can lead the way to a point then the ghosts presence and powers begin to jumble even her senses we will have to follow select markers to make sure we have not gotten turned around.

Steele looked back to him.

If you have not guessed none of the ones in this room with you are as mortal or human as we appear. The question is can you sense what we are?
 
Tobin looked at Steele. "It feels like you're alive but still dead," he told him. "Like there's feeling and emotions, but no blood. Is it possible that you're a vampire?" he asked before turning to Eden. He looked at her for a moment before he spoke. "It feels like you're bound to a certain animal," he said. I'm not sure what kind. But it feels like you could be a shape changer with how strong the bond is." He looked back at the other guy and asked how he did.
 
Daemon smiles to him.

Two down one to go. What do you think I am?

Eden snarled again. She did not trust outsiders and she knew that if her watchful neighbors knew of this little meeting that they would stake Steele and Daemon but if he was of the elementalis bloodline they had to know. Steele sat emotionless till the "test" was over.
 
Back
Top