Ask a MtF TG a question

Thanks gunthernehmen and what you illustrate is that despite a lifetime of denial, you did not manage to 'grow out of it' or 'cure yourself' of your sense of gender. You're still here to tell the tale and lend support to the way things are done now.

I learned today that someone called Jesse Singal will be writing anti-trans articles for The Atlantic so if you find yourself in a discussion with a trans denier here's an article that shines a light on the changes in the diagnostic process. There is a big difference between kids who are GNC, gender non-conforming ( ie they reject the stereotypes ) and those who with GID, gender identity dysphoria but certain agenda-driven experts chose to muddle that distinction for their own grandiosement and financial gain.
Here's the link

Here's another article that I feel is worth linking to. It describes a troubling trend on backsliding in regard to equality for LGBTQ people...this one regarding Transgender rights in Kansas. It's not surprising that things have slid backwards in the current political/religious swing...but awareness is a good thing if it's to be pushed back.

Link -> Kansas Republican Party voted this weekend to “oppose all efforts to validate transgender identity.”
Forgive me if I put off reading that until I'm in a better frame of mind :cool:

There are two fairly recent educational pieces on gender. My gf told me about the recent coverage in National Geographic, which I just started reading.

And then, I just ran into a video piece narrated by Katie Couric, which included some statements that really turn things upside down for patriarchy. According to her piece, all of us humans start out as females very early in pregnancy. Female is the "default gender" for all of us. Then, certain genes can trigger some of these early fetuses to take on male characteristics, where a clitoris becomes a penis and the labia fuse.

The main thing that the genes trigger to bring about these male characteristics is testosterone. There is a whole spectrum of gender characteristics that can take place during pregnancy, and it is likely that some of these characteristics are influenced by environmental factors, not just genetics. They had a chilling section about how doctors would measure an infant's penis size to make gender surgery decisions when the child's physical characteristics did not fit into the binary constructs of society.

It makes evolutionary sense that female organisms are the origin of life, and that male organisms came along later, mainly because sexual reproduction served to expand genetic diversity.

Adam giving up a rib so that Eve could be created? I don't think so. It all starts with the feminine.

Here's another article that I feel is worth linking to. It describes a troubling trend on backsliding in regard to equality for LGBTQ people...this one regarding Transgender rights in Kansas. It's not surprising that things have slid backwards in the current political/religious swing...but awareness is a good thing if it's to be pushed back.

Link -> Kansas Republican Party voted this weekend to “oppose all efforts to validate transgender identity.”

Kansas is a pretty backward state. Please forgive (most of) us for being to stupid to see ... well anything.

There are two fairly recent educational pieces on gender. My gf told me about the recent coverage in National Geographic, which I just started reading.

And then, I just ran into a video piece narrated by Katie Couric, which included some statements that really turn things upside down for patriarchy. According to her piece, all of us humans start out as females very early in pregnancy. Female is the "default gender" for all of us. Then, certain genes can trigger some of these early fetuses to take on male characteristics, where a clitoris becomes a penis and the labia fuse.

~~~ It all starts with the feminine.:rose:

Thanks coati and I think I've read that NG magazine - in fact I rushed to buy it when it came out.
I checked back in this thread and the Couric video was due out 14th Feb. I don't suppose you have a link?
I've seen a few of her trans-themed interviews and she deals with topics very fairly: I almost wonder if she has personal interest beyond professional curiosity.
Yes - poor old men huh? We all start as female blanks till we're poisoned by testosterone ;) I wish there was a better way to undo the changes in my body, like glands and free me of those medical concerns.

ETA
Shame I don't get Netflix, but I did coffee-spew when I saw it was screened through Fox. That would explain the negative feedback on the post-screening discussion which I've been watching here https://youtu.be/LnUvKMhooA4

Last edited:
I found the Couric video on Netflix, listed as Gender Revolution.

Yes, contrary to the Old Testament, we all start out female. As my gf explained, this is the true origin of life in general, but clonal reproduction was not sufficient to ensure genetic diversity and the species resiliency that genetic diversity brings.

I love your use of the verb "poisoned". Most men I know never recover from the "toxic" effects and from their sense of entitlement to the privileges of a society that is based on patriarchy. As a result, it is difficult to form a close relationship with most men. A higher percentage of women are empathetic. This all may be changing with the coming generations. I sure hope so. You are among those at the vanguard.

Kansas is a pretty backward state. Please forgive (most of) us for being to stupid to see ... well anything.

We are not going to hold you responsible for those in middle America who unquestioningly take their talking points from haters and foreign propagandists.

Yes, contrary to the Old Testament, we all start out female. As my gf explained, this is the true origin of life in general, but clonal reproduction was not sufficient to ensure genetic diversity and the species resiliency that genetic diversity brings.

I love your use of the verb "poisoned". Most men I know never recover from the "toxic" effects and from their sense of entitlement to the privileges of a society that is based on patriarchy. As a result, it is difficult to form a close relationship with most men. A higher percentage of women are empathetic. This all may be changing with the coming generations. I sure hope so. You are among those at the vanguard.

It may not be a popular usage but it's how I've always described it's effect on me... apart from making me horny but I can take that or leave it tbh. Also it's helpful for helping people do amazing stuff like lifting whole cars off trapped children, but then how tf did the kids end up there anyway?

We are not going to hold you responsible for those in middle America who unquestioningly take their talking points from haters and foreign propagandists.

Seconded... but it doesn't put USA any further up my travel bucket. Sorry. Yellowstone looks cool though from a geological pov and I'd really like to ride a horse in Montana and see the lost settlements in the Texas desert and maybe watch a SpaceX take off and take the lift up the Empire State and see smoking manholes covers, but that's about it. Maybe be spanked by a cowboy too

but it doesn't put USA any further up my travel bucket.

No need to apologize. I am not part of the travel bureau for Amerika. Just trying to change it back to America.

Not too many real cowboys left, anyway. Many of them are land and water speculators getting tax breaks and subsidies from the federal government, or just city guys who wear the costume and do the two-step.

Lol

MtF

M? to F wtf?

why have I accepted this abbv when I've never been M? Sheesh - how did that one get by me? Thanks to Sophie Labelle's friend for wrecking the title of my thread :rolleyes::D
I'm not keen on AMAB either because that feels like some kind of sneaky admission that's muttered quietly under your breath, so I'm gonna be SGABEWDASMWMP

So Gorgeous At Birth Everyone Was Dazzled and Showered Me With Male Privilege... that has a ring to it. :)

Or just trans...
gorgeous trans :kiss:

Too funny!!!

I finally got to see it but had to pay :eek: and then could only watch it on my phone because apparently my computer and tv are too old... I was pretty good, with plenty of scenes borrowed from previous programs she's done. What I particularly liked was the way they started with interviews about intersex and then extended the rationale to transgender folk as well. I haven't seen that done as neatly as that before and it really worked well.

The post program Youtube is good too and can be viewed as a stand-alone.

Paula Stone Williams

This is a TEDx lecture given by elder trans spokeswoman PS Williams.
It ought to be posted in the GB, but there's way too much "love" for it over there :cool: and it expresses a theme I frequently experience myself: that of having seen the gender worlds from both sides, although she's a lot older than me.

That mini-lecture is such a gem. I wish more men had the willingness to consider what they don't know.

Love this quote Ms. Williams quotes at the opening of her talk.

success-ladder.png

Hi, ya old lurker you :kiss:
Glad you watched it - she's good huh? I love the perspective she has on things and gave the women in the audience plenty to whoop about :D

I definitely watched it...you can teach an old dog new tricks...as evidenced by Paula's father (definitely not my privileged white ass). She is great...pockets on ladies' jeans...ladies' clothes sizes....mansplaining....and the plane episode was typical boorish man behaviour. And her talk was touching...and teaching.

Epigenics - you've been warned

Don't expect me to explain this linked article but it follows the recent pattern of finding real science behind being trans :eek::eek::eek:
Imagine that, like, we weren't making it up!
Dana Beyer

So today is Transgender Day of Visibility 31st March, so I hope you fuckers have your best frock or suit ready? tbh I'd prefer a day of Listenibility or even a day of Trans Equal Rightsibility and I'm not sure that my city has anything going on.

So here's a post about gender
tumblr_onp1unAkEB1r0ns1qo1_540.png

Looks like Paris Lees had the same idea

Last edited:
Four years - how time flies, or at least I was on a plane four years ago.. flying ;)

Congratulations on your fourth anniversary. I remember your accounts from those times. Thanks so much for sharing your experiences.

Congratulations on your fourth anniversary. I remember your accounts from those times. Thanks so much for sharing your experiences.
Thanks x I checked back on those posts and I was actually a bit shocked how many gory details I gave!:eek: I guess when you're in the middle of it, you don't realise. I send Dr Saran a card each year as a thank you :) The op was actually on the 14th but lets not be picky :D

Thanks x I checked back on those posts and I was actually a bit shocked how many gory details I gave!:eek: I guess when you're in the middle of it, you don't realise. I send Dr Saran a card each year as a thank you :) The op was actually on the 14th but lets not be picky :D

Those "gory details" brought the element of reality to your story. And, it demonstrated how important it was for you transform your outer self to reflect your inner self.

But, for me, the physical transformation you described is not the most compelling aspect of your story. For me, it was your psychological transformation, that was and is reflected in how you tell your story. You seem so much more settled and at peace now. This is very moving.

Well that's why we do the surgery: get the body right and the rest ought to follow. Yup, just a normal woman now, but never a day goes past without feeling grateful for that. Maybe one day we won't have to think about hormones and stents if procedures improve and there's even talk of transplants, though that seems pretty wild to me and very risk?
I've noticed most of the trans women I used to follow on YT have melted away now they have their surgery done and that's just how it should be. Paris Lees in the UK is still in the public eye, but that's a choice she's made: she's in the media and a political animal and just a bit fabulous too.

Back